Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Saturday night rolling polling thread

Comments

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,088
    PtP - Then why is Cameron adamently against a 1v1 debate with Miliband? I can't see any reason for him to turn that down if it's Farage who bothers him. Indeed it would be a chance to win back some kippers without competition from that side of things.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,946
    Pulpstar said:

Am I the only one that's noted - Miliband is in all FOUR TV events ?

4xEICIPM

First one to say they don't give a 4x is banned for 24 hrs

Oh shite its me!!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,055
    Mr. Booth, precisely because he has so much better ratings. Miliband need only turn up and fail to soil himself and he exceeds expectations.
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766

Pulpstar said:

4xEICIPM
    Whats EICIPM?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,055
    Mr. Bear, Ed is crap is Prime Minister [first part based on the consensus view, latter part on the polling].
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

On topic: a good start.

But not only would I want to see a similar position in other polls tonight; I'd want to see more positive news from Ashcroft's marginals polls over the coming weeks before I believe it.

not sure. it'd be better if ashcroft polled same places every week to iron out moe esp given his disastrous polling last year.

Labour out to 30 on betfair. Cons 5.6. have the markets gone crazy?
    Disastrous?
    Save time and space on here by looking at Audrey Annes old posts
    Seems like she got under your skin?

You don't seem too happy. Just saying?

I think you are an absolute tool, but that's of little importance ;)

Just sayin'
    Gee thanks. Charming. If you go around flaming people like that you're not likely to win many friends. From what I've seen this is a decent enough site and you seem a bit out of odds with comments like that.
    I think isam has a vendetta against people with multiple accounts. He's been on a roll ever since outing a (quite obvious) previous offender.
    oh i see,. well no excuse for rudeness especially against relative newcomers and newbies. not unless this place is just a clique?
    All the cool kids are PB Tories.. just so you know ;)
    :-)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,038

Pulpstar said:

4xEICIPM
    Whats EICIPM?
    Ed Is Crap Is PM. A truly horrifying thought.
  • Options
    Sunday Times

UKIP was plunged into fresh crisis last night after claims it has failed to kick out three senior figures with links to the National Front (NF) and news that Nigel Farage’s right-hand man is facing the prospect of a police investigation for alleged fraud.

.....Meanwhile, Farage’s chief of staff, Raheem Kassam, has been reported to the police for alleged fraud.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

On the interminable debates issue, I don't subscribe to the view that this is victory for Dave.

It's a humiliation for him. And I'm embarrassed to be a Conservative and Cameron supporter.

I cannot see why he is running away from a head to head with a someone he should be easily capable of demolishing in a one on one encounter, where he's not outnumbered by lefties.

He looks pathetic, to be frank. And no wonder EdM is going to beat him up about it all the way to May 7th. I don't blame him.

To win a war you need to fight (a) the battles that you can win and (b) the battles that matter.

If you get the latter wrong you end up like Pyrrhus of Epirus. The former, Hannibal Barca.

Even if the is a 95% probability that Cameron wins, but there is little upside, then why take the risk?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,055
    Decent news for everyone on the Tories in Halifax methinks:

George Galloway @georgegalloway · 1h 1 hour ago

I will be in Halifax on Tuesday interviewing candidates and giving a speech in the evening @ukrespectparty for details
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    If correct that would show a swing to the Tories wouldn't it?
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Yup
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    GeoffM said:

I see that Priti Patel is out and about in Broxtowe on Thursday.
    Does Jack's ARSE still have it as TCTC?

Yes.

• Options

Sunday Times

UKIP was plunged into fresh crisis last night after claims it has failed to kick out three senior figures with links to the National Front (NF) and news that Nigel Farage’s right-hand man is facing the prospect of a police investigation for alleged fraud.

.....Meanwhile, Farage’s chief of staff, Raheem Kassam, has been reported to the police for alleged fraud.

Hatchet job articles are only fuelling the UKIP fire tbh.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

eg
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited March 2015

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

But not only would I want to see a similar position in other polls tonight; I'd want to see more positive news from Ashcroft's marginals polls over the coming weeks before I believe it.

not sure. it'd be better if ashcroft polled same places every week to iron out moe esp given his disastrous polling last year.

Disastrous?

Just sayin'
    Gee thanks. Charming. If you go around flaming people like that you're not likely to win many friends. From what I've seen this is a decent enough site and you seem a bit out of odds with comments like that.
    I think isam has a vendetta against people with multiple accounts. He's been on a roll ever since outing a (quite obvious) previous offender.
    oh i see,. well no excuse for rudeness especially against relative newcomers and newbies. not unless this place is just a clique?
    isam is a relative newcomer. I think he just lacks confidence in himself, or something, because he does have a tendency to get all huffy.

edit: EICIPM = Ed Is Crap Is PM.

It's just BJO's little joke.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @NCPoliticsUK: Important to remember when comparing polls from different pollsters: there are systematic differences (due2methodology) called house effects

@NCPoliticsUK: So even though Opinium an Survation show opposite leads, both have moved in the same direction
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited March 2015

isam said:

One decent thing to come of the Muslim terrorist murders in Paris is that those on here that used to call French people 'frogs' have learned their lesson

Maybe an atrocity in Ireland will see the end of 'bog trotter'?

Coming after the isam fridge contents scandal, I sense your inner LD breaking out of its chains!
    Ha yes I can't have tub thumping nationalism or real ale, so maybe!!

Was having dinner w my business partner earlier in the month in a Persian restaurant.. He is Dutch, his gf Iranian, and we talked politics and immigration. She's having trouble with getting a visa

He was quite surprised really that I am a kipper but don't think British is best or England is better than anywhere else etc.. I actually get quite embarrassed when people talk that shite, they must be putting it on

Course I love England, I am English, like you love your family. Doesn't mean we are the best though
  • Options
    Eagles, hopefully a Respect candidate in Halifax.

Mr Galloway is looking out for pb.com bettor's positions :)
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,593

DavidL said:

On the interminable debates issue, I don't subscribe to the view that this is victory for Dave.

It's a humiliation for him. And I'm embarrassed to be a Conservative and Cameron supporter.

I cannot see why he is running away from a head to head with a someone he should be easily capable of demolishing in a one on one encounter, where he's not outnumbered by lefties.

He looks pathetic, to be frank. And no wonder EdM is going to beat him up about it all the way to May 7th. I don't blame him.

What I don't get is that Cameron's personal advantage over Miliband is huge. The Tories need to make this election as Presidential as possible. What could be more presidential than a head to head?

It is possible that Ed might have a good day. It is also possible that Man Utd might win the league this season. It is just not very likely is it?
    As a Labour strategist put it to me, almost delighted in saying about the debates.

Think of Cameron as Liverpool last season.

Ed Miliband as Man City

And Farage as Chelsea.

Liverpool beat City, but came a cropper against Chelsea, which ultimately handed the title to City.
    I have a much higher opinion of Cameron than Liverpool. I fancy our chances tomorrow actually.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Eagles, hopefully a Respect candidate in Halifax.

Mr Galloway is looking out for pb.com bettor's positions :)

I still hate him though.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

What I don't get is that Cameron's personal advantage over Miliband is huge. The Tories need to make this election as Presidential as possible. What could be more presidential than a head to head?

It is possible that Ed might have a good day. It is also possible that Man Utd might win the league this season. It is just not very likely is it?
    As a Labour strategist put it to me, almost delighted in saying about the debates.

Ed Miliband as Man City

And Farage as Chelsea.

Liverpool beat City, but came a cropper against Chelsea, which ultimately handed the title to City.
    I have a much higher opinion of Cameron than Liverpool. I fancy our chances tomorrow actually.
    Well I'm at the match tomorrow.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @faisalislam: Osborne's approval ratings (opinium) as Chancellor really pretty impressive, widespread, given Paralympic booing etc http://t.co/fsqm6GHeKO
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176

PtP - Then why is Cameron adamently against a 1v1 debate with Miliband? I can't see any reason for him to turn that down if it's Farage who bothers him. Indeed it would be a chance to win back some kippers without competition from that side of things.

exactly what i was getting at

Cameron's biggest asset is that people in the main are generally favourably disposed to him as PM and remaining as such - particularly when the choice is him or EdM.

A one on one without Farage or the band of Tory-haters is simply an opportunity he cannot pass up when not one single opinion poll shows him having a chance of remaining PM.

He is the one heading for defeat. He needs to do everything he can to shift that.

He coasted to a minority in 2005 when a majority was there for the taking. He's coasting to defeat this time.

F'ckwit.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    weejonnie said:

*Meaningless number of significant figures alert.*
  • Options

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'
    Bore off Audrey/Kwok
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@NCPoliticsUK: Important to remember when comparing polls from different pollsters: there are systematic differences (due2methodology) called house effects

@NCPoliticsUK: So even though Opinium an Survation show opposite leads, both have moved in the same direction

and that direction.. toward glorious sunlit uplands!
  • Options
    Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'
    isam is a relative newcomer. I think he just lacks confidence in himself, or something, because he does have a tendency to get all huffy.

Shh don't tell everyone its a joke!!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam: Osborne's approval ratings (opinium) as Chancellor really pretty impressive, widespread, given Paralympic booing etc http://t.co/fsqm6GHeKO

Most popular heir-to-a-baronetcy in the land. Where's tim when you need him?
  • Options
    Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'

6 years out off 11? Hmmm

You aren't still upset after falling for that Ganesh parody tweet are you? I am sorry ok
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Pulpstar said:

4xEICIPM

First one to say they don't give a 4x is banned for 24 hrs

Oh shite its me!!
    Well considering Labour aren't pushing Ed in their election literature, it looks as if he has been tricked into appearing in four debates where all the other candidates will attack him on the Labour record on the economy.

Can only be good for DC.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,663

Pulpstar said:

Well, they can't both be right, can they?

Thats actually untrue. they could both be right within margin of error so tories around 33%ish and labour around the same, both giving the result for these two polls so far.

if you want to go by trend then the tories have most heart from them: up in both. but then they should be after the budget.
    Equally within the margin of error with one poll wrong the Tories could be as high as 38% or as low as 28%.

So I am not sure they tell us much more than we knew already.
    ELBOW is your friend.
    While there is some validity in meta-analysis it does require a bit more than a weighted average.

I favour the ARSE over the ELBOW!
    ELBOW denier, you!
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'

Which won't be very funny if it actually happens.
  • Options
    Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'

oh gotcha!

don't know what isam's on or got against me but I'm going to ignore the poor fella.

right. Wheres the other poll or polls? want to go to bed.
  • Options
    This is going to cause a meltdown if this happens. From the SUnday Times

THE Conservatives could have more ethnic minority MPs elected than Labour for the first time in the next parliament, says a new study.
  • Options

Oh I think his optimum result would have been no debates with anybody. The closer he gets to that the better.

He probably feels he's got as close as he can get and has settled happily for that. Ducking a 1 to 1 with Ed is probably just a small but fortunate consequence of the bigger deal.

Avoiding Farage was the main prize though.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,593

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Ed Miliband as Man City

And Farage as Chelsea.

Well I'm at the match tomorrow.
    I'd like to wish you a good day out but in the circumstances....
  • Options
    Sunday Times says their YouGov poll gives Labour a two point lead.
  • Options

It's not Ed he's bothered about, Bob. It's Farage.

He can easily out debate Miliband, but Farage has him over immigration, so his strategy from the outset been to minimise the potential damage from this source. He's been fairly successful so far. I'm not sure he will be able to emerge entirely unscathed. It rather depends how the 'debates' play out, but so far so good for him.

What will be interesting is the impact the Host has on the nature of the debate.

BBC and Dumblebore have the last 2, ie the Opposition debate and the "big" 3
    Farage is everything Dumblebore and the BBC cant stand-I am sure that they will give him the least amount of time on subjects where he is strong. I am sure the "randomly" selected audience questions will have a strong emphasis on subjects that are not strong for Farage.

What i have no idea about is what Julie Etchingham is like.

I think too many people assume the debates will be similar in style -they wont-the host will have a distinct influence on the tone and style of each debate and this will therefore have an impact on the perceived outcome in terms of who performed best/winners and losers etc.

Betting opportunities may well therefore arise :)
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,442
    isam said:

Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'

6 years out off 11? Hmmm

You aren't still upset after falling for that Ganesh parody tweet are you? I am sorry ok
    You should know that Charles's family have been posting on PB since 1702.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Forgot to mention - no sign of Clegg on the election bumf which arrived today.
  • Options

so no budget bounce. or no detectable bounce. its as I thought. think tories missed a golden chance to give something back on wednesday and they've screwed up.
  • Options

After all that, everything is as clear as mud. No definite sign of a bounce for the Blues.
  • Options

Budget unbounce confirmed and

ELBOW UNCROSSOVER

40 days till EICIPM
  • Options
    Serius value on Labour in the markets? I reckon so.
  • Options

isam said:

Charles said:

RobD said:

isam said:

isam said:

Disastrous?

Just sayin'

6 years out off 11? Hmmm

You should know that Charles's family have been posting on PB since 1702.
    Was it a little project they invested in that's been a roaring success in a 'do a lot of work for charity don't like to mention it' kind of way?
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Was Survation's poll taken in Ed's kitchens?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

Page 71 just next to the Classified Ads.!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:

isam said:

One decent thing to come of the Muslim terrorist murders in Paris is that those on here that used to call French people 'frogs' have learned their lesson

Coming after the isam fridge contents scandal, I sense your inner LD breaking out of its chains!

Was having dinner w my business partner earlier in the month in a Persian restaurant.. He is Dutch, his gf Iranian, and we talked politics and immigration. She's having trouble with getting a visa

He was quite surprised really that I am a kipper but don't think British is best or England is better than anywhere else etc.. I actually get quite embarrassed when people talk that shite, they must be putting it on

Course I love England, I am English, like you love your family. Doesn't mean we are the best though
    Tub thumping nationalism has its place in sport and war, but I will pass over that.

What scandalises me is the real ale issue!

Do not confess to me that you are a partaker of the ghastly eurofizz when there is a well kept pint of Courage Directors on handpump.

Surely we have grounds for deportation to the colonies right there!
  • Options
    Anyone noticing any evidence of 'ground game' - Here in 40:40 "optimistic target for the Tories NE Derbyshire" had a shiny leaflet from the Tories and Labour. But apart from that not noticed anything else.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited March 2015

So we may or may not have a bounce for the Tories, as out of 3 polls tonight one has a Tory bounce, one hasn't got a bounce at all, and one has a Labour bounce.

I'm off, it's Saturday night after all.
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019

So presumably you'll be putting your money on Labour then?
  • Options
    @Republican Tory

Yes, everybody seems to be assuming they know how these 'debates' will pan out. They could in fact be wildly unpredictable, and that, as you indicate, will give us all lovely betting opportunities!
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Opinium in Daily Mail press room?
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    isam said:

I thought "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys" was now preferred by discerning jingoists.

As for "Bog Trotter", never heard of the phrase. But if it is in general use, I can't see an atrocity making any difference, none of the other atrocities over there ever did.
  • Options

I may be putting my X on Labour.

I felt the budget was me being lectured at by someone who didn't really get ordinary people.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Ave_it said:

Opinium in Daily Mail press room?
    Opinium has changed it's methodology some time ago, the effect was to show smaller UKIP scores and higher Tory ones (you can see it on the graph).
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited March 2015

Pulpstar said:

Eagles, Have you seen the SNP subsample ?

The whole Scottish Sub-sample is a hoot.
    So, errr, what odds on SLab to poll under 12% at the election then?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,663

**giggling like a child***

(only kidding!)
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Tub thumping nationalism has its place in sport and war, but I will pass over that.

Do not confess to me that you are a partaker of the ghastly eurofizz when there is a well kept pint of Courage Directors on handpump.

Guinness and coke... Or cider w Ginger beer

I like an exotic shandy

Prepare the deportation orders!!
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Spitfire is my current favourite, closely followed by Bombardier, will happily settle for a Directors though!

Also liking Aspells cider, not convinced it likes me though.
  • Options
    roserees64roserees64 Posts: 251
    According to Opinium 57% think that Osborne has either been a bad chancellor or they don't know, similarly 63% think that the economy is either in a bad state or they don't know.Hardly a ringing endorsement. By the way , the same poll has the Tories ahead in Wales and Labour ahead in Scotland.Pink pig time.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Anyone noticing any evidence of 'ground game' - Here in 40:40 "optimistic target for the Tories NE Derbyshire" had a shiny leaflet from the Tories and Labour. But apart from that not noticed anything else.

As mentioned earlier today there's serious Tory leafleting here in Morley & Outwood. On the basis of the marketing spend here it's clear the Tories think they've a chance of unseating Balls.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

LAB doing loads of leafleting in Chesterfield since turn of year.

2 papers, 2 leaflets a calendar in last 2 months
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,835
    edited March 2015
    Dudley North candidate

"Exposed: Tory's plot with race thugs to fix election" #skypapers

twitter.com/SkyNews/status/579398268465115136

• Options

I felt the budget was me being lectured at by someone who didn't really get ordinary people.
    Which bit of increased personal allowances, freeze on fuel duty, reduced taxation on booze and savings and help for FTB's does not get ordinary people?
  • Options

According to Opinium 57% think that Osborne has either been a bad chancellor or they don't know, similarly 63% think that the economy is either in a bad state or they don't know.Hardly a ringing endorsement. By the way , the same poll has the Tories ahead in Wales and Labour ahead in Scotland.Pink pig time.

See, thats the thing. Its all very well telling everyone how great britain's doing & walking tall and all that but how many people really feel it? I don't. Do you? Anyone here? Osborne had a chance to give something back for 5 years austerity with income tax cuts and chose instead to shave some more off a national debt that most care not jot about.

Will people want 5 more years of austerity? Or will they want to lighten up, live a little, relax and be at ease with ourselves? We can say "ta very much for fixing it but now we want to party".
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,439
    edited March 2015
    After turning a blind eye to all todays front pages in regards to Miliband's hypocrisy, I some how think this might make the BBC tomorrow...I have a feeling the BBC might be less "oh its only the right wing scumbag Daily Mail" about it.

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/579398923602784256
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited March 2015
    Just seen a tweet from the Sunday Herald, SNP membership has now topped 100,000

Since the Indy Referendum that averages out at 406 new members a day.

If the SNP ground game is not a tidal wave then I, and antifrank, Pulpstar and the rest are going to be very disappointed.
  • Options

I some how think this might make the BBC tomorrow...I have a feeling the BBC might be less "oh its only the Daily Mail" about it.

My God.
    That will swipe the UKIP scandals and the Tory Budget surely out of the news.
  • Options
    One thing that surprised me in the Opinium Poll was that the Tories are ahead of Labour 33-28 in Wales with UKIP 3rd on 19%,
  • Options
    Looking back two of my best bets are 3-1 on the Tories in Kingswood and 3-1 Ed Balls next Chancellor. I think I got those two on around the same time. Crackers.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Spitfire is my current favourite, closely followed by Bombardier, will happily settle for a Directors though!

Whitstable Bay Gold is excellent (also a Sheps beer)

Black Sheep Gold is also a fine drop.

Both are "Golden" beers but not as sweet as the summer/ autumn versions often are-a proper session beer :)
    Unusually both are almost as good bottled as on draft.
  • Options

One thing that surprised me in the Opinium Poll was that the Tories are ahead of Labour 33-28 in Wales with UKIP 3rd on 19%,

I wouldn't place bets off the back of that.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,326
    Nice MoS headline.

So, we've had LibDem, Conservative and UKIP scandals this week.

Time for a Labour one?
  • Options

After turning a blind eye to all todays front pages in regards to Miliband's hypocrisy, I some how think this might make the BBC tomorrow...I have a feeling the BBC might be less "oh its only the right wing scumbag Daily Mail" about it.

Surprised to see MOS running that so close to GE 2015.

Don't think its a big story if I am honest
  • Options

Which bit of increased personal allowances, freeze on fuel duty, reduced taxation on booze and savings and help for FTB's does not get ordinary people?
    Freeze on fuel duty when raw prices have tumbled. FTB help? 3k or whatever. Great but still unaffordable. Personal allowances yeah well great but not exactly huge was it? As for beer: 1p off a pint. Big deal.

It was a weird budget: fiddling around with little bits n' pieces like church roofs and Agincourt [wtf?]. Income tax cut was what was screaming out, a bit of pay back for the hard times.

Anyway that's just me. It left me feeling cold & thinking of voting Labour.
  • Options

Dudley North candidate

"Exposed: Tory's plot with race thugs to fix election" #skypapers

twitter.com/SkyNews/status/579398268465115136

That was stupid, he wasn't going to win the seat anyway.
    But UKIP might, the last poll there was LAB 37, UKIP 34, CON 24, LD 3, GRN 2
  • Options
    More to the point which seat is this Afnal Amin in ?

• Options
    Speedy said:

I some how think this might make the BBC tomorrow...I have a feeling the BBC might be less "oh its only the Daily Mail" about it.

My God.
    No it won't
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited March 2015
    LOL, the loadsamoney picture is classic.

The online marketing guru Michael Green/Shapps got caught posing as a Lib Dem activist a few years back:

http://www.libdemvoice.org/grant-shapps-991.html

• Options

Freeze on fuel duty when raw prices have tumbled. FTB help? 3k or whatever. Great but still unaffordable. Personal allowances yeah well great but not exactly huge was it? As for beer: 1p off a pint. Big deal.

It was a weird budget: fiddling around with little bits n' pieces like church roofs and Agincourt [wtf?]. Income tax cut was what was screaming out, a bit of pay back for the hard times.

Yeah ok. Somehow I think you're not quite what you seem.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Surprised to see MOS running that so close to GE 2015.

You don't think its a big story that the guy allegedly plotting with the EDL? Lets see what he actually said, but the front page is pretty clear what MoS is alleging.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

More to the point which seat is this Afnal Amin in ?

Dudley North
  • Options

Think you will find that an increase in the personal allowance is an income tax cut.
  • Options

Whatever else it will be a rather large stick that UKIP can club the Tories with when the allegations about UKIP candidates are made.

Very surprised to see MoS running it at a time like this, although I get the impression that they are a little more sympathetic to UKIP than the Daily version.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Speedy said:

My God.
    No it won't
    I think it will, because it's so unusual and because there is a general election campaign.
    When was the last time a Tory Asian candidate tried to fix an election with the EDL 50 days to polling day?
  • Options

Yeah ok. Somehow I think you're not quite what you seem.
    I'm most on tories markets wise but me personally? Centrist. Liked the coalition, liked what they did. Now i think they should've given back a bit to people. it really disappointed me the budget.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

isam said:

isam said:

Both are "Golden" beers but not as sweet as the summer/ autumn versions often are-a proper session beer :)
    Thornbridge Jaipur. Or Oakham ales Scarlet Macaw.

Well worth seeking out on draft but the bottled versions are to be found in Waitrose.

Best to wear sandals while drowning your LD sorrows.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Not a huge fan of the Golden beers but I do like the regular Black Sheep.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited March 2015
    Well, the outcome of this election remains utterly up in the air.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    JackW said:

GeoffM said:

I see that Priti Patel is out and about in Broxtowe on Thursday.
    Does Jack's ARSE still have it as TCTC?

Yes.

isam said:

isam said:

Oi, the colonies have standards too!
  • Options

Think you will find that an increase in the personal allowance is an income tax cut.
    kind of. Would like to have seen the basic rate cut. Margaret Thatcher would've done it.

anyhow judging by the polls i evidently aren't alone thinking the budget was a bit crap.
  • Options
    Not sure why PB Tories think the additional changes to personal allowances is a game changer.

In 2016/7 and 2017/18 its a 1.9% and 1.8% respectively uprating.

Worth 77p a week in both cases £80 over the 2 years
  • Options
    Just flicked on the News...and it is noticeable that Ed is there giving the big I Am about the debates, in full on GE campaign mode...where is Dave with only a few weeks to go....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/21/18/26DCAFC900000578-0-image-m-5_1426962454344.jpg

I actually think it is good that Cameron does have days where he isn't on full PM mode, just like I thought it was very sensible that Blair took fairly regular breaks...otherwise you end up like Brown...but with a few weeks to go to a GE, you thought you might just be foot to the floor trying to grab every vote you can.
  • Options

Not sure why PB Tories think the additional changes to personal allowances is a game changer.

Spot on. it wasn't a game changer. Like you say almost nothing.

don't think thatcher would've made the same mistakes but then she came from humble stock.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited March 2015
    So, as it stands

Tory leads: Comres (phone), ICM (phone), Ashcroft (phone), TNS (online), Opinium (online)
    Lab leads: Populus (online) yougov (online), Survation (online), Comres (online),Ipsos-Mori (phone)

Toss a coin.
  • Options

Much better than the fiscal drag that Brown imposed through stealth.
This discussion has been closed.