Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » 2010 LDs are nearly twice as likely to be switching to LAB

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,055

Pulpstar said:

Whats Ed going to go on in PMQs ?

I can't actually think of a decent topic for him - NHS maybe ?

Cruddas/Sleaze/Donors
    I bet Michael Green will get a mention

Future Tory leader.
    Michael Green or Grant Shapps ?
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    The number of piss takes of Mssr Snowden and Assange in TV dramas is most amusing. I found another one in the ABC AUS series Rake.

Nothing beats the mickey take of Russell Brand in The Good Wife. I literally rolled on the sofa with laughter - that it was done by the actor who plays the infamous wife killer Colin Sweeney just made it even funnier. He did it brilliantly.

Dylan Baker
    is such a fantastic baddie actor. He's always so smart and charming and reptilian all at the same time.
    Pulpstar said:

News that everyone else has forgotten about - Julian Assange passes 1000 days in the Ecuadorian embassy: His Swedish case moves on a touch

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=13445

• Options
    PolruanPolruan Posts: 2,083
    Pulpstar said:

Whats Ed going to go on in PMQs ?

I can't actually think of a decent topic for him - NHS maybe ?

3 on debates, 3 attempting some kind of pre-emptive strike on predicted Budget announcement.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

isam said:

isam said:

JEO said:

isam said:

I would think this applies to many pensioners who have paid off their mortgage and have savings. I know it is a real bugbear of my parents. Same under Labour I guess

Fraser Nelson (@FraserNelson)
    18/03/2015 09:49
    How have savers have fared under Osborne? £1,000 deposited in an Cash ISA seven years ago is worth just £916 now. pic.twitter.com/9FQ1mEHh0S

Those same pensioners would have been (rightly) more than compensated for such a loss by the triple lock on their pensions protecting them from the austerity the rest of public expenditure has gone through. If they've paid off their mortgage, they have also benefitted from continued house price rises improving their net worth. Given that, I would far prefer a few savers see modest returns (or even mild losses) over experiencing Eurozone-style deflation.
    Good for you.

Let's see how ordinary pensioners feel about it, those that aren't financial whizzkids, don't want to move from their home,and can't justify paying financial advisors
    They don't need to. Plenty of thoroughly boring high street financial institutions like building societies offer access to savings products linked to stock markets or the like. It's not difficult and people need to take some responsibility for their own lives and decisions.
    Very forceful Dave

Nasty party are back... the ultimate wolves in gay green sheeps clothing
    What's nasty about providing choice? If you have choice and reasonable information then people are best placed to judge what's best for their own circumstances - and the consequence of that is that they're responsible for those decisions. The alternative is the infantilisation of the population, implicit in the belief that they're not capable of looking after themselves and that bureaucrats should do it for them.
    Utter nonsense
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

JEO said:

isam said:

I would think this applies to many pensioners who have paid off their mortgage and have savings. I know it is a real bugbear of my parents. Same under Labour I guess

Fraser Nelson (@FraserNelson)
    18/03/2015 09:49
    How have savers have fared under Osborne? £1,000 deposited in an Cash ISA seven years ago is worth just £916 now. pic.twitter.com/9FQ1mEHh0S

Those same pensioners would have been (rightly) more than compensated for such a loss by the triple lock on their pensions protecting them from the austerity the rest of public expenditure has gone through. If they've paid off their mortgage, they have also benefitted from continued house price rises improving their net worth. Given that, I would far prefer a few savers see modest returns (or even mild losses) over experiencing Eurozone-style deflation.
    Good for you.

Let's see how ordinary pensioners feel about it, those that aren't financial whizzkids, don't want to move from their home,and can't justify paying financial advisors
    They don't need to. Plenty of thoroughly boring high street financial institutions like building societies offer access to savings products linked to stock markets or the like. It's not difficult and people need to take some responsibility for their own lives and decisions.
    Very forceful Dave

Nasty party are back... the ultimate wolves in gay green sheeps clothing
    What's nasty about providing choice? If you have choice and reasonable information then people are best placed to judge what's best for their own circumstances - and the consequence of that is that they're responsible for those decisions. The alternative is the infantilisation of the population, implicit in the belief that they're not capable of looking after themselves and that bureaucrats should do it for them.
    Utter nonsense
    You are a cat chasing its own tail.
This discussion has been closed.