Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If the boundary changes had gone through the result of GE15

13»

Comments

• Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @SimonStClare
    40% tax payers are all using foodbanks? This is a National scandal, something must be done!
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

So what is the latest Labour pension raid so I know what clients need to do asap in case?

jeremy warner‏@JeremyWarnerUK·3 mins3 minutes ago
    Re previous tweet on Labour tax reform on pensions, confusion reigns on precisely what Miliband meant. Seeking clarification

jeremy warner‏@JeremyWarnerUK·12m12 minutes ago
    Sophistry from Miliband on pension tax breaks. Implies only those on more than £150,000 will be affected. But actually all 40pc taxpayers

That's a *lot* of people. Hey Ho.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

TGOHF said:

@Peston: Labour to cut maximum pension pots, annual contributions & tax relief for £150k+ earners to cover £3.1bn cost of student fee cut

Oh dear, what a shame. All those Charity & Local Authority Chief Execs who'll get walloped. Still, I'm sure they'll find a way around it.
    TV presenters on self employed contracts...

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    Part-ELBOW inc. YG and Populus gives Lab lead 0.8% (or 1.0% by simple averages)
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,189
    @Patrick

It is worth remembering that much of the developed world has develered in the last six years. Levels of corporate and personal debt have dropped in Japan, in almost all of Europe and in the US. And while government debt has increased, it's - with some glaring exceptions - no higher than it was at the beginning of the 1980s. It's also worth remembering that the existence of "bad banks" causes some people (like Martin Wolf of the FT) to introduce double counting in total debt load figures.
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

"Lloyds to resume dividend payments"

If Ozzie had waited, he could have collected the "divvie" on those share he just sold.
    Never mind, I am sure the money will go to a worthy cause.

cum and ex dividend - look it up.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

This is good stuff from Margate where the UKIP conference is taking place

https://www.flickr.com/photos/taylorherringpr/sets/72157651057217811/

Are any of those girls from Latvia, wearing those boots & Hugo Boss outfits? Am worried that they might also have some phobias.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,603
    edited February 2015
    Interesting split between YG and non-YG this week.

ELBOW of YouGov polls so far this week (4) gives Tories 0.2% lead

ELBOW of non-YouGov polls (5) gives Labour 1.9% lead
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

If Ozzie had waited, he could have collected the "divvie" on those share he just sold.

What do you think happens to a share price when a dividend is paid?
  • Options
    Should be Opinium and YG (Sunday Times) tomorrow evening
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667
    £7.8bn underlying profit for Lloyds. Mega results. All looking good for my shareholding. Hoping that the board start ploughing money into share buybacks from next year to drive the price up. Even without buybacks the share price should go up significantly over the next year or so if the quarterly results are good.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Alistair said:
    /;

Are they including those whose schemes have gone bust and who technically are still in a scheme in transition to FAS OR PPF or who are in PPf and FAS Schemes?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

jeremy warner‏@JeremyWarnerUK·12m12 minutes ago
    Sophistry from Miliband on pension tax breaks. Implies only those on more than £150,000 will be affected. But actually all 40pc taxpayers

So another pension raid by Labour on the rich - and not so rich...?

Lasted an hour - not bad for Ed..
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Smarmeron said:

@GIN1138
    Ukip have a similar problem.
    They can't get the Poles out because they have jobs.

I don't think that is a problem for UKIP - they have no plans to forcibly repatriate workers - despite what Channel 4 might have insinuated. Their plans are a meritocracy on allowing people to come to work in the UK rather than bigotry. (The EU is bigoted as they discriminate heavily against non-EU workers coming into the EU to work).
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,675
    edited February 2015

Smarmeron said:

cum and ex dividend - look it up.
    Fnarr, fnarr, you said cum.

Cum of course is the latin word for with.

If you don't believe me, google "cum"
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    TGOHF said:

Lasted an hour - not bad for Ed..

@faisalislam: Labour had originally earmarked part of the restriction in pensions tax relief to fund the compulsory jobs guarantee...
  • Options
    This'll be fun.

In a complete reversal of the withdrawal of family allowance payments, Labour will now be claiming that everyone on the 40% tax rate is well-off and can afford to lose their pension perks while the Tories will be saying they are often ordinary workers who struggle to make ends meet and need to keep them.

Such is politics as played by our student union political leaders.
  • Options
    @MaxPB
    If the shares are such a good investment, why do the public have to sell theirs?
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    I don't think they are - that number looks to me like it includes all the people with a deferred benefit in DB schemes as well - it doesn't say they are currently members of a DB scheme.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @weejonnie
    It was a joke using juxtaposition? Not a serious comment on their political aims.
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    BenM said:

Populus

Con 31 (-1) Lab 33 (+1) LD 9 (nc) UKIP 16 (+1) Greens 6 (nc)

http://populus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/OmOnline_Vote_27-02-2015_BPC.pdf

Lab gasps and wheezes into March *just* ahead.

Although for many pundits it wasn't supposed to be like this. The Tories were going to be in the lead and clear by now (looking at you Rentoul).
    "Just ahead"

Why do Tories on here keep saying this nonsense?

A 2pt lead for Labour is 10 points better than their 2010 GE result (when
    the Tories failed to win a majority yet again) and Ed will probably be PM even if 5 pts
    behind in May..so in effect the reds are currently 7 points higher
    than they actually need to be to to regain power

Hardly"just ahead"
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Raise The Titantic? That was hilariously bad SFX - giant water droplets - it looked like it was shot in my fish tank!
    JackW said:

Plato said:

His credits are very long. I don't remember him in Titanic - but then again I hated that movie.

This fellow Titanic hater got it right! I love this funny alternative history take on the whole movie and Celine Dion.

Plato said:

Ha! I noticed Ioan Gruffudd's waistcoat - he's a dish.

Plato said:

OT For anyone with access to ABC progs - Forever is brilliant. Sherlock Holmes meets Bones meets eternal life from the perspective of a Medical Examiner who is brought back to life again and again.

Well Mrs SSC approves - I guess it has something to do with a well tailored waist coat..!

I couldn’t possibly comment - However I do remember Ioan Gruffudd from the late 90s, he starred in the TV series ‘ Horatio Hornblower’ which was rather good – I got the boxed set for Christmas a couple of years back.
    Wasn't he in an earlier version rather than the Dion version ?

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I was thinking of The Sound Of Music - with nuns.
    dr_spyn said:

This is good stuff from Margate where the UKIP conference is taking place

https://www.flickr.com/photos/taylorherringpr/sets/72157651057217811/

Are any of those girls from Latvia, wearing those boots & Hugo Boss outfits? Am worried that they might also have some phobias.
This discussion has been closed.