Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Anybody thinking of betting on the Greens ought to listen f

SystemSystem Posts: 11,686
edited February 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Anybody thinking of betting on the Greens ought to listen first to this interview with the party leader

politicalbetting.com is proudly powered by WordPress
with "Neat!" theme. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    Thank goodness she will be getting soft balls from brillo next.

In the immortal words of Norman Lamont "today has been difficult day."
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    edited February 2015
    So my Greens outpolling the Lib Dems bet is in danger of being a loser?

Bugger.
  • Options
    Failing to check even the most cursory facts before an interview? Waffling on? Boris does this every day.
  • Options
    For those unable to listen to the interview this picture gives you an idea of what happened.

http://whitneylawgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/52-car-pile-up.jpg
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,312
    edited February 2015

So my Greens outpolling the Lib Dems is in danger of being a loser?

Bugger.

They'll continue to be behind the LDs this week, judging from Populus/Ashcroft/ComRes/yesterday's YG.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I've bet on the Greens.

To retain less than 20% of their deposits.
  • Options
    Christ it was like Brian Cowen at his worst.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    edited February 2015
    Maybe it is time the leadership of the Green anarcho-syndicalist commune rotated again....
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    I don't understand why this idiot got the top job when Caroline Lucas is a better speaker and comes across well on TV and seems both personable and intelligent. It literally makes no sense.

On the other hand it all helps those of us on the lost deposits bet.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    She is no more incoherent nor deluded as Ed Miliband.

• Options
    Tough day for Greens, even Monboit agrees that they need to do better. But will it make any poll difference? Or effect their target seats. I doubt it.

GeorgeMonbiot ‏@GeorgeMonbiot 42m42 minutes ago
    .@TheGreenParty has some excellent policies and has costed them. So why can't it defend them in interviews? Urgent media training needed.
  • Options
    Do green voters (or any NOTA voters) really care about detailed policy proposals? Surely no-one expects Natalie to be forming a government in May.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    From her name escaping me this morning to this interview with the oleaginous Nick Ferrari she's grown on me. She's an inexperienced politician so why does he have to behave like the school bully?
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    UKIP launch election campaign - no news on media - prevents them promoting their immigration policy - which is attractive to the WWC.

Green launch election campaign - lots of media news - with commentators tearing their warped philosophy to shreds.

Pure co-incidence of course that Green voters are more likely to have been former Labour supporters and the MSM want Labour back in/
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

I doubt if it will have any impact on the Greens's support.

Nevertheless, their upward surge of a few weeks ago seems to have come to an end.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited February 2015
    Oh dear. Liblabconukipsnp plans all vaguely add up. Green ones have enormous holes that make Labour potholes look like pin pricks.There might be a market for extreme left wing policies but the sums need to vaguely add up.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

I don't understand why this idiot got the top job when Caroline Lucas is a better speaker and comes across well on TV and seems both personable and intelligent. It literally makes no sense.

On the other hand it all helps those of us on the lost deposits bet.

Caroline Lucas stood down as leader a couple of years ago. Too much to retain seat and be national leader. There was an election.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Roger said:

From her name escaping me this morning to this interview with the oleaginous Nick Ferrari she's grown on me. She's an inexperienced politician so why does he have to behave like the school bully?

Ferrari went easy on her.

She's hardly a novice, as a journalist with an MA in Mass Communication, and served as internal communications coordinator on the National Executive of the party.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    Roger said:

She's the leader of a political party ffs. If the party isn't competent to put up a candidate that can handle the media I am not sure they should be given a free ride.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    edited February 2015
    @weejonnie
    Everyone is "agin" you! Fortunately the blues have loads of money and the ears of most the press and Sky, to help compensate.
    I feel your pain though.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,856
    Afternoon all :)

FPT..

Charles's kind observation that Gladstone (ex High Tory, than Peelite before recognising his true home was with the Liberals) would be a Thatcherite these days probably applies to most Liberal politicians of the 19th Century hence the degree to which they were revered by some on the Thatcher side of the fence.

As to where that would leave the Victorian Tories, well, maybe another day...

I've not listened to the Natalie Bennett interview - anyone is entitled to a bad day at the office but why did she do the interview if she was below par ? There are plenty of hostile journalists and bloggers around to pounce on the slightest gaffe or indiscretion but why make it so easy for them ?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I've bet on the Greens.

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/570205307890233344
  • Options
    stodge said:

Afternoon all :)

FPT..

Charles's kind observation that Gladstone (ex High Tory, than Peelite before recognising his true home was with the Liberals) would be a Thatcherite these days probably applies to most Liberal politicians of the 19th Century hence the degree to which they were revered by some on the Thatcher side of the fence.

As to where that would leave the Victorian Tories, well, maybe another day...

I've not listened to the Natalie Bennett interview - anyone is entitled to a bad day at the office but why did she do the interview if she was below par ? There are plenty of hostile journalists and bloggers around to pounce on the slightest gaffe or indiscretion but why make it so easy for them ?

The interview wasn't even that hostile. Neither was Brillo's first
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323

Alistair said:

I've bet on the Greens.

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/570205307890233344
    Depends how many seats they stand in.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,869
    TGOHF said:

You are mad if you believe that
  • Options
    I took 9/4 on the Greens getting no seats with Paddy Power earlier this morning. I see that's now in to 7/4.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,625
    I am more interested in hearing a discussion on the pros and cons of the concept of a citizens' income, rather than have to put up with Andrew Neil arguing the toss about the pounds, shillings and pence. If it is the right policy let's hear what is good about it; funding can be found. If it is the wrong policy, let's hear about the drawbacks.

As an aside, it looks like the Green Party is looking to put up a full slate of candidates in County Durham.
  • Options

I am more interested in hearing a discussion on the pros and cons of the concept of a citizens' income, rather than have to put up with Andrew Neil arguing the toss about the pounds, shillings and pence. If it is the right policy let's hear what is good about it; funding can be found. If it is the wrong policy, let's hear about the drawbacks.

As an aside, it looks like the Green Party is looking to put up a full slate of candidates in County Durham.

There's going to be a Green candidate in every constituency in England and Wales.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,788
    philiph said:

Carnyx said:

ComRes for @DailyMailUK: majority (55%) think that if SNP joins coalition govt they shouldn't be allowed to decide on non-Scots laws

FPT - the Herald [Daily - so pro-SLAB if anything] is running a rather different slant from the same poll. And the wording they use is rather different. What was the original question, do you know, please? 'Non-Scots' or 'do not have an impact on Scotland'?

"More than half of voters think the SNP should be able to join a UK-wide coalition government in the event of a hung parliament in May, according to a poll.

Research by ComRes for the Daily Mail found that 57% of people would back such a move, with 37% opposed to it and 6% saying they did not know.

In the event of such an outcome in the general election, 55% said they would not want the SNP to make decisions on laws that do not have an impact on Scotland.

More than a third (38%) thought the party should be allowed to take decisions on English laws. while 7% did not know."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/poll-57-of-people-would-back-the-snp-joining-a-uk-wide-coalition-governme.1424772114
    I know I'm a minority, but if the SNP have the MPs and can forge an agreement to join a coalition, then I see no reason why they shouldn't. After all, Scotland is a part of the UK.

However I think the actuality of them voting on UK only matters would scupper any good will very quickly for all the members of that coalition.
    FPT: Thanks. Er, the SNP MPs are UK MPs and have every right to vote on UK only matters on behalf of their constituents. Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited February 2015
    She wasn't much better on the daily politics and she got Jo Coburn not Andrew Neil

Fair enough though she apologised to green members for not doing a good job on lbc, nice to see a human side to politiçians

They're standing 509 candidates
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,856
    Pulpstar said:

I wasn't suggesting the interview was hostile but as we know there is a legion of journalists and bloggers who pounce on the slightest unfavourable aspect (if not the responses then have a pop at the scenery or what the person is wearing) to denigrate the person and by inference their Party and policies.

These people are the parasites of the political process but they've always existed in one form or another.

• Options
    antifrank said:

I took 9/4 on the Greens getting no seats with Paddy Power earlier this morning. I see that's now in to 7/4.

9 4 was a good price but I think Lucas retains Brighton. Bennett isn't making life easier though
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    I don't except a Green breakthrough in terms of Parliamentary seats, but it'll be interesting to see how many extra council seats they can pick up.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

There's going to be a Green candidate in every constituency in England and Wales.
    Bennet just said they're standing 509
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    Green leader Natalie Bennett makes great case against state funding of political parties.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited February 2015

For those unable to listen to the interview this picture gives you an idea of what happened.

http://whitneylawgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/52-car-pile-up.jpg

Well I listened to it in Fuertaventura and in the peace and tranquility here and 1500 miles or so away from the UK, it resonates as undoubtedly the worst interview ever and by a considerable margin at that.
  • Options
    Sir Malcolm U turns
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    I think the problem is the policy and the mindset. They are incoherent so you can hardly blame her for struggling. Yes, a better politician would have deflected the questions or ignored the question, but I say "Good on you, Aussie."

Some of the mainstream politicians get away with talking total crap or making things up, and virtually no interviewers know enough or care enough to stop them. All Nat did was to make it easy for them.

For once, I agree with Roger.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

9 4 was a good price but I think Lucas retains Brighton. Bennett isn't making life easier though
    Why isn't Lucas leader?
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    edited February 2015
    I've never been her biggest fan (I have absolutely no idea how she won the leadership election, 4th place in the London Assembly list the year before seemed much more her level) but I really cant see this having any impact. I remain confident in all my Green party bets (some of those are to do well while others arent). I would guess that the Greens will stand c. 600 candidates in May based on previous estimates and the recent crowdfunder.
  • Options
    Neil said:

I've never been her biggest fan (I have absolutely no idea how she won the leadership election, 4th place in the London Assembly list the year before seemed much more her level) but I really cant see this having any impact. I remain confident in all my Green party bets (some of those are to do well while others arent). I would guess that the Greens will stand c. 600 candidates in May based on previous estimates and the recent crowdfunder.

She just said 509?
  • Options
    The Natural Law Party stood 310 candidates at GE1992, every single one lost their deposit.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Betting on next K&C tory candidate

Cracknell a runner?

(No he's a rower boom boom)

Ladbrokes Politics (@LadPolitics)
    24/02/2015 11:40
    Any more suggestions for our betting on Tory candidate for Kensington?
    ow.ly/JzhYz pic.twitter.com/nhMdDgAwVQ
  • Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    How long until Dave says he will only do the debates as long as the Greens ARENT included? ;)
  • Options
    Hengists_GiftHengists_Gift Posts: 628
    edited February 2015
    Bit of a multi-car pile-up on the M1 then? And that is their leader? What are the invisible (have they got any?) policy spokesman like? I think there will be many in the Green Party relieved that the debates probably won't take place.

It would be interesting if the media gave their candidates as much scrutiny as lowly UKIP councillors have had. I wonder how many Greens have come to plods notice in the dim and distant and even not so distant past over some demonstration or other or worse (and what sort of outpourings they have made on social media regarding the state of the establishment and what should be done about it as well). I wouldn't be surprised if some of the expose's makes UKIP's sinners look positively angelic!

PS Re last thread. I think UKIP made an error in doing the Thanet fly on the wall documentary. Such things whether its Geordie Shore or the Kardashians are always going to be a lose lose (even without someone saying something grotesquely stupid) as it inevitably becomes a vehicle for certain factions in the middle classes to sneer down their noses at whoever the subject of the documentary is. they should have known better. Of course not only did it create the wrong narrative for the party but it gave far too many media outlets the opportunity to ignore UKIPs health proposals announced yesterday.
  • Options
    isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?
    Caroline Lucas said 500 before the crowdfunder raised enough money to stand 100+ more. 509 doesnt ring true as it is ridiculously specific when noone really knows which constituencies will get their acts together in time between now and the close of nominations.

• Options
    TGOHF said:

I thought it was Dave the master debater (careful) who was Frit of putting himself and Ed under the spotlight.

God knows why
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    She's entitled to a bad day at the office- we all get them, fair enough, but that really was a bad day beyond doubt. I have no doubt there's many another pie in the sky policies that interviewers will drive a coach and horses through too.

The question arises, if she gets shredded that badly in the debates (should they happen of course), it's surely a good thing for Ed? I suspect a bit like Darling, in the first debate in Scotland, that "Ed is crap" is so heavily "priced in" that the fact the man can stand up straight and talk will count in his favour in the first debate in particular and having Natalie Bennett next to him looking less than realistic about policy shall we say (I'm being kind) can but help garner the Left to him.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Roger said:

From her name escaping me this morning

I imagine it would have escaped her too if Ferrari had asked.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

philiph said:

Carnyx said:

ComRes for @DailyMailUK: majority (55%) think that if SNP joins coalition govt they shouldn't be allowed to decide on non-Scots laws

FPT - the Herald [Daily - so pro-SLAB if anything] is running a rather different slant from the same poll. And the wording they use is rather different. What was the original question, do you know, please? 'Non-Scots' or 'do not have an impact on Scotland'?

"More than half of voters think the SNP should be able to join a UK-wide coalition government in the event of a hung parliament in May, according to a poll.

Research by ComRes for the Daily Mail found that 57% of people would back such a move, with 37% opposed to it and 6% saying they did not know.

In the event of such an outcome in the general election, 55% said they would not want the SNP to make decisions on laws that do not have an impact on Scotland.

More than a third (38%) thought the party should be allowed to take decisions on English laws. while 7% did not know."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/poll-57-of-people-would-back-the-snp-joining-a-uk-wide-coalition-governme.1424772114
    I know I'm a minority, but if the SNP have the MPs and can forge an agreement to join a coalition, then I see no reason why they shouldn't. After all, Scotland is a part of the UK.

However I think the actuality of them voting on UK only matters would scupper any good will very quickly for all the members of that coalition.
    FPT: Thanks. Er, the SNP MPs are UK MPs and have every right to vote on UK only matters on behalf of their constituents. Or am I missing something?
    No - I'm ashamed by the view taken by some, as an Englishman that some UK MPs shouldn't decide on Uk matters. Of course solely English matters are different and I'd hope Scottish MPs would abstain from those. But the big one, the UK budget is a UK matter.
  • Options
    Brain freeze Bennett on Sky
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Green leader Natalie Bennett makes great case against state funding of political parties.

.. and the case for First Past the Post
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    stodge said:

Pulpstar said:

I wasn't suggesting the interview was hostile but as we know there is a legion of journalists and bloggers who pounce on the slightest unfavourable aspect (if not the responses then have a pop at the scenery or what the person is wearing) to denigrate the person and by inference their Party and policies.

These people are the parasites of the political process but they've always existed in one form or another.

Not sure how relevant your comments are to this particular instance. The interviewer asked a softball question, effectively what are your policies, how much do they cost and how will you fund them. She fluffed the whole thing dramatically all on her lonesome. All the interviewer did was ask simple policy questions that the public has a right to know and insist they be answered. No fault whatsoever there, just doing the job that we as the public should insist the responsible media do.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

The question arises, if she gets shredded that badly in the debates (should they happen of course), it's surely a good thing for Ed?

I doubt the debates (if they happen) will major on Green party policies (and if Ed spends his time attacking those he'd have made a big mistake).

Secondly the Green party of England and Wales is only one of three in the UK. Surely the broadcasters have every right to invite the leader of either of the other parties to the debates? Please?
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

How long until Dave says he will only do the debates as long as the Greens ARENT included? ;)

Very good

No wonder Ed wants to debate
  • Options
    stodge said:

Pulpstar said:

Wasn't it John Smith who, when told he'd ripped his trousers, replied to the journalist, aye, and if you look closely you can see the split in the Cabinet?
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    Sean_F said:

I don't except a Green breakthrough in terms of Parliamentary seats, but it'll be interesting to see how many extra council seats they can pick up.

Green vs UKIP vs LD councillor numbers elected in May 2015 is going to be an interesting one.
  • Options
    Honestly this has to be the worst performance by an Aussie since the 2010/11 Ashes
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Afternoon all and no doubt the ghastly woman will get the leftie feminist sympathy vote. Have heard her regularly being interviewed and she is clueless. Her idea for UK PLC in the future would be The Flintstones.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,997
    isam said:

Betting on next K&C tory candidate

Cracknell a runner?

(No he's a rower boom boom)

Ladbrokes Politics (@LadPolitics)
    24/02/2015 11:40
    Any more suggestions for our betting on Tory candidate for Kensington?
    ow.ly/JzhYz pic.twitter.com/nhMdDgAwVQ

Massive review of Boris' position?
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

The irony is we are talking about the performance of a politician who couldnt get high enough on the Green party list to get a London Assembly seat under AMS. She won the leadership election under AV so perhaps there's a lesson there...
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Roger said:

Don't think he was. All he was doing was asking if she could back up the assertions she was making on Green housing policy. She couldn't, not remotely. As she's the leader of a party that may well form part of a coalition, informal or otherwise, holding power over us come May we need to know and draw whatever conclusions we as individual voters wish to.

If folk think "poor old Natalie, she's feeling rough and he's bullying her, and yes we need more social housing and I'm sure taxing landlords will add up easily to pay for it" then good for them.

I will not be among them mind.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    This woman makes Balls,Burnham and EdM look good.. and they most certainly are not.
  • Options

I hear the green shoots of magic money trees breaking through the frosty ground surface.....
  • Options
    Neil said:

dr_spyn said:

The irony is we are talking about the performance of a politician who couldnt get high enough on the Green party list to get a London Assembly seat under AMS. She won the leadership election under AV so perhaps there's a lesson there...
    Fifty Shades of AV?
  • Options
    Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?
    Caroline Lucas said 500 before the crowdfunder raised enough money to stand 100+ more. 509 doesnt ring true as it is ridiculously specific when noone really knows which constituencies will get their acts together in time between now and the close of nominations.

She also said the citizens income will be in the manifesto,,, didn't you say it wouldn't?
  • Options

Honestly this has to be the worst performance by an Aussie since the 2010/11 Ashes

Surely she should have brought some of the big green cost savings into play like presumably disbanding the armed forces. I have no idea if that is Green policy or not but it's a bashir crazy left wing idea that can make the sums a bit more in their favour.
  • Options
    Neil said:

welshowl said:

The question arises, if she gets shredded that badly in the debates (should they happen of course), it's surely a good thing for Ed?

I doubt the debates (if they happen) will major on Green party policies (and if Ed spends his time attacking those he'd have made a big mistake).

Secondly the Green party of England and Wales is only one of three in the UK. Surely the broadcasters have every right to invite the leader of either of the other parties to the debates? Please?
    Patrick Harvey would do a decent job.
  • Options
    isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

She also said the citizens income will be in the manifesto,,, didn't you say it wouldn't?
    Neil is in the (Northern?) Irish Green Party
  • Options

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

No I'm not!

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Neil said:

She won the leadership election under AV so perhaps there's a lesson there...

That AV is the worst electoral system ever devised by man, and Tories should be congratulated warmly for killing it off for a generation?
  • Options
    It was astonishingly awful, not knowing the basics of how you'd achieve even a fraction of one of your major policies on the day of your election launch - a Year 9 maths student could've given you a better estimate as to its cost, which is what makes it so painful listening.

I can't help but feel that it speaks to a major contradiction in the Greens' political philosophy, which is that even parties like Syriza or Podemos (who the Greens would like to see themselves alongside) on the radical left have discernible economic agendas which are coherent from their own viewpoint. The UK Greens on the other hand are a weird mix between the hard-left and a sort of Eco-millenarianism which runs up against even those left-wing aims. Take the way that Bennett says the world has 'too much stuff' and that we should prepare for falls in GDP (Green policy). Now, even Lenin wanted to grow GDP and make their citizenry as a whole wealthier - he just thought that a command economy was the best way to do it. Hence they propose things that a very left-wing government would do, but unlike a true party of the left haven't even got to the stage where they've considered the costings and the tax that would pay for it - if you get anything at all you get a pie in the sky figure based on some kind of dream world in which 'sustainability' has somehow squared any circle.
  • Options

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

No. He's in the UK Tory Party.

Have you forgotten Neil is a PB Tory?

• Options
    Mr. P, AV leads to loneliness, depression and Ed Miliband.

And now Bennett.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    edited February 2015
    Neil said:

dr_spyn said:

I'm guest editing PB next week, I think I'll do a thread on AV to properly discuss this as we've not discussed AV enough on PB.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:

Neil said:

That AV is the worst electoral system ever devised by man, and Tories should be congratulated warmly for killing it off for a generation?
    Don't the Tories elect their leader via a variation of AV?
  • Options
    Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

No I'm not!

I stand corrected! GPEW then?
  • Options

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

PB Tory propaganda!
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2015
    Shadsy's list of possible for Kensington is, to put it politely, not very good (well, I suppose it might be good for extracting money from gullible punters).

It will be someone on the candidates' list, who has been a runner-up in one of the other safe seats but is still available and still doing the rounds. Names like Suella Fernandes, Helen Whately, Nick Rose, Laura Trott, who are all standing in the current round of selection meetings. As a wild guess I'd suggest Suella, assuming she doesn't get selected for Fareham on Saturday.
  • Options
    Talking of the "media", I noticed they were going big on the "single use syringe" the other day.
    Making these mandatory worldwide to stop cross infections seemed to be the designers objective (it works by the plunger snapping in half when you try to withdraw it again)
    The slight problem of course is that is only useful for a pre measured amount of fluid in the manner of single dose vaccines.
    You can't fill the thing from vials as the plunger would break off.
    Not one of the interviewers asked the question.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,312
    edited February 2015
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

Neil said:

No they don't! Did we not write reams and reams about this back in 2011???
  • Options

Shadsy's list of possible for Kensington is, to put it politely, not very good (well, I suppose it might be good for extracting money from gullible punters).

It will be someone on the candidates' list, who has been a runner-up in one of the other safe seats but is still available and still doing the rounds. Names like Suella Fernandes, Helen Whately, Nick Rose, Laura Trott, who are all standing in the current round of selection meetings. As a wild guess I'd suggest Suella, assuming she doesn't get selected for Fareham on Saturday.

Trott the cyclist ?
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    @NickPalmer: "Flattered to be considered a junior. When do you reckon one graduates to middle age? :-)"

I knew I should have excluded you!!

Middle age starts about 10 years later than your current age.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Trott the cyclist ?
    No!

"Laura Trott. Not to be confused with the Olympic cyclist of the same name, Trott is an adviser to the Prime Minister on Education and Family policy. Previously Special Adviser to Francis Maude at the Cabinet Office, she is a former Councillor in Camden. In 2013 was longlisted in Croydon South, and in October was longlisted for Havant."

http://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2015/02/faversham-and-mid-kent-shortlist-released.html
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited February 2015
    Eek. Thankfully Natalie Bennett was not appearing on Mastermind, as she’s er, not exactly au fait with her chosen subject.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

Neil said:

No they don't! Did we not write reams and reams about this back in 2011???
    This is why we need a thread on AV next week.

Don't you all agree ?
  • Options

Eek. Thankfully Natalie Bennett was not appearing on Mastermind, as she’s er, not exactly au fait with her chosen subject.

I recall a fair few contestants getting only 4 or 5 questions right in the most recent Mastermind series.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Neil said:

Bennett won 42% of the first preference vote so would have still won under FPTP
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,755

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

Neil is Ian Parsley and I claim my £5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Parsley
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    I'd rather not hear about AV.
    Even worse than FPTP.
    A
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Don't you all agree ?

Can we have a vote?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,997
    Pulpstar said:

Trott the cyclist ?
    Andrew Strauss?????
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    It's funny how people can so easily shift from being sick and tired of career politicians, schooled to deflect and lie can suddenly turn to completely agreeing with the sort of bullying interviewing lacking any inquisitiveness which creates the career politicians in the first place.

Bennett is hardly the best but there seems little point in doing what JoCo did and repeatedly ask the same question when it's been given a pretty succinct and clear answer. Figures will come in March. But JoCo isn't interested in informing the audience just trying to monster a (admittedly easy) target.

Perhaps the funniest part is how the career politicians in the Labour party are allowed to get away with not actually having any figures and not intending to have any figures. And Labour gets away with it time and time again.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Don't you all agree ?

Can we have a vote?
    No. Really I do have a thread on AV that ended up on the cutting room floor that needs updating and can use next week.
  • Options
    @Dair
    Is @weejohnny your brother?
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

Very glad to see it being kept.

It is by far the best policy the Greens have and the only attempt any of the mainstream parties have to address the Marx Capitalism problem (inevitable diminution of wages, in case your wondering).
  • Options
    I managed 2:03 of the interview but stopped listening out of kindness

Lucas isn't my cup of tea with her sanctimonious simperings, but she does at least come across better

Met Lucas in Brighton about five years ago and said well done to her for giving james Delingpole a dressing down on daily politics.. How times change
  • Options

There must be a chance that the K&C association reverts to form and goes for someone a bit more, er, interesting than the above list.
  • Options

isam said:

Neil said:

isam said:

Neil said:

She just said 509?

Neil is Ian Parsley and I claim my £5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Parsley
    Nah. If you ever meet Neil, he's far too young to be Ian Parsley.

Honestly Iris Robinson would be all over Neil if she met him.
This discussion has been closed.