Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Guardian ICM phone poll sees the Tories down 3 and the Lib

SystemSystem Posts: 11,705
edited December 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Guardian ICM phone poll sees the Tories down 3 and the Lib Dems up 3

Guardian ICM phone poll makes grim reading for the Tories. But the Lib Dems are on the up. pic.twitter.com/vepvSt8G2r

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    So, polls for the Guardian and Independent say a swing back to the Lib Dems.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,369
    I'm a bit suspicious of the size of the changes, but it certainly seems as though the Tories have slipped a bit since the Autumn Statement. This may relate to the Tory emphasis put on the economy - as Gordon discovered, if you become noted for saying that the economy is doing really well, you get blamed if people think it's started to do badly.
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    Looks like a push poll question on the autumn statement to me. Certainly doesn't tally with what I've found canvassing on the doorsteps in my marginal against last times figures. Maybe they are all lying to me.
  • Options
    Where's yer crossover now?

LOL!
  • Options

I'm a bit suspicious of the size of the changes, but it certainly seems as though the Tories have slipped a bit since the Autumn Statement.

That statement is a bit hopeful, I think.

In the period between the Rochester and Strood by-election and the Autumn statement [roughly a fortnight] there were three polls that gave Labour a 5% lead. In the fortnight following the Autumn statement there have been two polls that give Labour a 5% lead.

I don't see any evidence of a change.
  • Options
    Bobajob_Bobajob_ Posts: 195
    Anti Tory tactical vote coming home.

As forecast.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,050
    edited December 2014
    Not quite proof of trend of course, but didn't Tory polling drop before 2010 when they hinted about being honest about the need to cut and show restraint as well? I don't think people like being told more cuts are coming (even though that will happen to some extent whatever happens)

Labour may contrive a way not to win a majority, but the Tories have so little hope of even managing that it seems.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if many people simultaneously suggest we need to cut deeply and raise taxes, while at the same time decrying any plan to do one or both of those as too much. People, eh?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,068
    Looks like two of the big three approaching their 1997 figures, with Labour well below.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    chestnut said:

So, polls for the Guardian and Independent say a swing back to the Lib Dems.

If that becomes a trend, I'd be really interested to know why now - good news for them has not seemed to help over the years, being in or out of the news has not helped over the years, the passage of time has only made things worse up to now, and they don't even have the same reasoning for the potential Green rise.
  • Options
    When is crossover/swingback expected to occur? I would be keen to hear from Rod Crosby.
  • Options
    Bobajob_ said:

As forecast.

Why would anti-Tory tactical voters have told ICM last month that they were going to vote Tory?

I've long suspected that the polls are vulnerable to intentional trolling on the part of the respondents contacted, but if I were trolling a pollster right now then I would tell them I was voting for Respect...
  • Options
    The thread on the day of the autumn statement makes entertaining reading for the PB Lefties and the PB Kippers.
  • Options

Looks like two of the big three approaching their 1997 figures, with Labour well below.

If all three of the big three parties come close [within 1%] of their 1997 vote shares then I will eat my hat - and I have more than one to choose from!
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,068

If all three of the big three parties come close [within 1%] of their 1997 vote shares then I will eat my hat - and I have more than one to choose from!
    No, I don't think all three will, either. Tory ca 30%, LibDem ca 17% but Lab 33 or so %. Nate showing, UKIP 12 or so %.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

I've long suspected that the polls are vulnerable to intentional trolling on the part of the respondents contacted, but if I were trolling a pollster right now then I would tell them I was voting for Respect...

I have long wondered why we seem prepared to believe that people will vote for a different candidate in a by-election to "send a message" expecting them to swing back to their main party, and at the same time don't expect them to lie to a pollster in the same timescale to "send a message", and the later doesn't even involve getting off the sofa to vote!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @paulwaugh: Blimey. @gordonrayner says Bookies Coral has suspended betting on Queen abdicating in her Christmas message after rash of bets
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Horrible poll for the conservatives.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,005
    Scott_P said:

@paulwaugh: Blimey. @gordonrayner says Bookies Coral has suspended betting on Queen abdicating in her Christmas message after rash of bets

What was their price?

There is no way they have laid much of that.
  • Options
    The silence on here is deafening
  • Options
    Oh dear oh dear. 28% on the Gold Standard. If 2012 was the year of the Omnishambles Budget, how do we describe the 2014 Autumn Statement? When the Chancellor has to go to war with his own OBR because it had the temerity to report the facts you know its not gone quite as well as had been intended.....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,397
    My only consolation on this poll is that my bet with isam about whether the Lib Dems will outpoll UKIP is looking better and better.

See that Lazarus? Complete amateur.
  • Options
    Strange that both YouGovs this week have LDs down on 6, whereas the other three pollsters have them on double figures.
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Has this poll moved the seat betting market much??
  • Options
    Bobajob_ said:

And you are adding to it.....why not go back to child tax credits and how it hurts 'average' families......
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,005
    DavidL said:

My only consolation on this poll is that my bet with isam about whether the Lib Dems will outpoll UKIP is looking better and better.

Yes.. what was that bet? You had £50@4/6?
  • Options
    numbercrunchernumbercruncher Posts: 136
    edited December 2014

Strange that both YouGovs this week have LDs down on 6, whereas the other three pollsters have them on double figures.

Here's some analysis of why the polls vary so much on the Lib Dems: http://t.co/Ia2JNQXO3D

3% swing from CON to LIB is outside the MoE, but out of line with what other polls have been showing... Too bad ICM only polls monthly, because I'd quite like to see the next one already!
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883

YouGov seem to have a problem with too many Greens and not enough Lib Dems.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Ah yes, I can see this poll was held back because it was super damaging to Labour.
  • Options
    Good to see the centre left easily outpolling the reactionary right.
  • Options
    Bobajob_ said:

As forecast.

How do you "tactically vote" in an opinion poll?
  • Options
    BenM said:

For old time's sake!

COA 42%
    LAB 33%

:)
  • Options
    Indigo said:

I have long wondered why we seem prepared to believe that people will vote for a different candidate in a by-election to "send a message" expecting them to swing back to their main party, and at the same time don't expect them to lie to a pollster in the same timescale to "send a message", and the later doesn't even involve getting off the sofa to vote!
    Well, I think you are partly misinterpreting by-elections there. One of the big effects is differential turnout.

Also: words matter. The wording in the polling question is about a general election. Maybe that has an effect.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038

Bobajob_ said:

As forecast.

The same way as you do in an election, except with less effort.
  • Options

Here's some analysis of why the polls vary so much on the Lib Dems: http://t.co/Ia2JNQXO3D

3% swing from CON to LIB is outside the MoE, but out of line with what other polls have been showing... Too bad ICM only polls monthly, because I'd quite like to see the next one already!
    Thanks for the article, interesting stuff!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,397
    isam said:

DavidL said:

Yes.. what was that bet? You had £50@4/6?
    Yes. I think antifrank has twice as much but he is one of those greedy lawyer types that Malcolm likes to go on about. It is looking a lot better for me than it has for most of the last year.
  • Options
    BenM said:

About one-third of that "centre-left" has been propping up two-thirds of the "reactionary right" in Government these past several years.

Perhaps your aggregation of the parties is... meaningless?
  • Options
    Interesting to see the effect of the Autumn Statement on the polling: Ozzy has a poor record of delivering statements to the house. Most of them unravel within 24 hours. You could argue that this was worse than the fabled omnishambles budget as it is closer to the election. Certainly the IFS critique cut through and proved damaging for the government, after sycophantic coverage from much of the press.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    So the Autumn Statement did the trick ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

That would seem quite out of character, though I guess with other monarchs increasingly doing it and even a Pope doing it, it is at least conceivable HM might reconsider her position.
  • Options
    Thank goodness we were saved a thread on AV.

Obviously bad news for the Conservatives, but it's a single poll (even if it is from the gold standard). The Lib Dem thing is potentially interesting.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

So the Autumn Statement did the trick ?

I actually would appreciate the Tories' tougher position, but given how spectacularly they failed on their 2010 plan, if someone like me was minded to like the new plan in theory, why would they assume it will happen? No doubt it will be revised as people object in any case. Or would, if they had a chance of winning a majority.
  • Options
    A truly shocking poll for the Tories from the Rolls Royce of the business.

Surprisingly Sporting's GE Seats spread for the Blues is unchanged today at 279 - 285.

Is this possibly the right time to sell?

You decide, but remember spread-betting is high risk.
  • Options
    Dadge said:

Bobajob_ said:

As forecast.

The same way as you do in an election, except with less effort.
    Oh dear.

Yes, you can tactically vote in a constituency, or a constituency poll.....but its far from clear how you tactically vote in a general poll....since its far from clear who you would be voting against.....

• Options
    Bobajob_ said:

Interesting to see the effect of the Autumn Statement on the polling

What effect?

In the fortnight before the Autumn statement, the Tories recorded shares of 27% and 28% in the opinion polls.

In the fortnight after the Autumn statement, the Tories have recorded shares of 28% and 29% [twice] in the opinion polls.

I say again. What effect?

• Options
    Bobajob_ said:

The PBTories have had an attack of the "Writer's Block". I am sure Dr. Osborne will come up with another wheeze and they will be cured.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,719
    It looks like Nick Clegg did the right thing keeping as far away from the Autumn Statement as possible.

Maybe not an Omnishables Mk II, but George Osborne may have been less than near-perfect this time round. Plus, this time there is only 5 months to change the narrative.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

In the fortnight before the Autumn statement, the Tories recorded shares of 27% and 28% in the opinion polls.

In the fortnight after the Autumn statement, the Tories have recorded shares of 28% and 29% [twice] in the opinion polls.

If no effect then a shame for them that they need to actively improve (edit: by quite a bit), in addition to Labour doing worse. No effect does them as little good as negative effect.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

That would seem quite out of character, though I guess with other monarchs increasingly doing it and even a Pope doing it, it is at least conceivable HM might reconsider her position.
    Much as the queen and the Duke of Edinburgh richly deserve retirement, in whatever time they have left together - it strikes me as entirely out of character. I'm sure there is an appropriate channel for such an act (PM in HoC would be my guess), but I strongly doubt her Christmas Broadcast is one of them.

On the other hand, Alan Bennett's novella The Uncommon Reader has a brilliant ending.....

• Options
    Sandy

Less than five months.

The election is 20 weeks tomorrow
  • Options
    The Tories are facing a three pronged attack. Clearly, as election approaches, some Lib Dems are returning. UKIP causing Mayhem on the right flank. And, Labour taking lots and lots of seats in England.
  • Options
    On Liberal support I would caution against becoming too excited. In November Ashcroft put them on 10% two polls in a row, the second coincident with that month's ICM/Guardian which had them on 11%.

Indeed, the ICM/Guardian has had the yellows in double figures in every poll this year, including 14% in January, 13% in May and 12% in March, April, July and August. If ICM were paid to poll as often as YouGov we would have a very different picture of the state of the polling. Worth considering.
  • Options
    I'm expecting the Ipsos Mori VI to be released tomorrow.
  • Options
    So now we know the secret of the Lib Dem success. Stay off the TV screen. Don't remind the people that they are in bed with the Tories.
  • Options

Tories likely to be behind in that too?
  • Options

Tories likely to be behind in that too?
    Well they were 3 points ahead last time.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

If no effect then a shame for them that they need to actively improve (edit: by quite a bit), in addition to Labour doing worse. No effect does them as little good as negative effect.
    Yes, at the time of the Conferences, when it became apparent that the lead was narrowing - perhaps because of Miliband's speech par excellence, or perhaps because of the defections to UKIP - I said that two more doses of the same movement would put the Tories into an election-winning position.

I identified the Autumn Statement and the election campaign itself as the two opportunities for the Tories to engineer that movement. On the face of it, they've fluffed the first, but Bobajob is still hopelessly wrong with his interpretation...
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    John Rentoul @JohnRentoul
    Good graphic: the "reach" of parties across the left-right spectrum, by @Chris_Challis justqcharley.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/the-re… pic.twitter.com/Edmbo83ONN
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Obviously bad news for the Conservatives, but it's a single poll (even if it is from the gold standard). The Lib Dem thing is potentially interesting.

I can still use it for the evening thread.

Unless anything major happens.
  • Options
    Bobajob_ said:

Sandy

Less than five months.

So it will be roughly a new moon on election day?

Will that sway the voters one way or another?

How does the werewolf vote break down?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

The Tories are facing a three pronged attack. Clearly, as election approaches, some Lib Dems are returning. UKIP causing Mayhem on the right flank. And, Labour taking lots and lots of seats in England.

Quite. What surprises me is how lacking in confidence many Labour supporters are. Now granted, in my usual habitats Labour supporters are pretty rare so the few open and professed Labour people I know are perhaps less optimistic given the envelopment of Tory support they see everyday, but visiting family in more Labour friendly areas whenever politics comes up some Labour supporters I know just seem so despondent about their chances, even though they think the LDs will do even worse than polls predict.

Anecdotal stuff I know, and Labour should be walking this rather than just being more likely to win, but I'm still surprised there's not more optimism about the result. Ed M does not have that many fans, but he isn't so bad as to erase all the factors working in Labour's favour.
  • Options

antifrank said:

In which case, I'm rooting for Russia to invade Poland.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Great chart of public sector job losses & private sector job gains by @TomMcTague dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2… pic.twitter.com/k1yN1Y4uGG
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

hmm. 1/2 for queeny to step down by the end of the year?

I'll lay at that price :)
  • Options

Bobajob_ said:

Sandy

Less than five months.

So it will be roughly a new moon on election day?

Will that sway the voters one way or another?

How does the werewolf vote break down?
    They trend toward the LDs/Greens, an offshoot of the weirdy beardys.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,602
    edited December 2014
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

In which case, I'm rooting for Russia to invade Poland.
    Actually the thread was about the economy which if I had published before the ICM poll would have made me look brilliantly perceptive.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,457
    edited December 2014
    Lab 2.6% ahead on simple average of this week's five polls so far.

A "part-ELBOW" without ICM (tables not published) has them 1.8% ahead (simple average 2.0% without ICM).
  • Options
    Plato said:

Good graphic: the "reach" of parties across the left-right spectrum, by @Chris_Challis justqcharley.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/the-re… pic.twitter.com/Edmbo83ONN

Hmm,

There is a big gap right of centre, between Liberals and Conservatives, exactly where most UK voters actually rate themselves

A wonder both are not doing better then really.

Though the ending of the piece is a bit odd,

It is currently almost impossible for a new party to gather support. Will this ever change?

As we've seen the answer is it is not impossible for a new party, it just takes a long time or the right circumstances.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited December 2014
    Plato said:

Great chart of public sector job losses & private sector job gains by @TomMcTague dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2… pic.twitter.com/k1yN1Y4uGG

Would be interested to know if that's corrected for the English colleges re-classification and the banks nationalisation/de-nationalisation
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

kle4 said:

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

Yes, at the time of the Conferences, when it became apparent that the lead was narrowing - perhaps because of Miliband's speech par excellence, or perhaps because of the defections to UKIP - I said that two more doses of the same movement would put the Tories into an election-winning position.

I identified the Autumn Statement and the election campaign itself as the two opportunities for the Tories to engineer that movement. On the face of it, they've fluffed the first, but Bobajob is still hopelessly wrong with his interpretation...
    The tory share has not jumped up since the Autumn Statement but it has not moved the other way.
    Should it have moved up? That is, because of the Statement? The Govt were doing the economically competent thing. If the govt are percieved as suddenly cutting too deeply then what was the alternative? Spend more? Are the public wanting a govt to spend more and not cut the deficit? Where does the deficit come from? Part comes from economic activity. But part comes from spending. So what is the electorate saying.

If it is saying it does not want economic competence then indeed the tories are stuffed.
    If it is worrried about bogus accusations about 1930 levels of spending and lies from Vince Cable then we may have an answer. It is not the Statement - it is the politics.
  • Options
    Normally the ICM phone poll fieldwork is three days from Friday and Sunday inclusive.

This one took five days, Friday through to Tuesday.

That assumes they must have had a really poor response rate to have had to go into a fourth and fifth day to get the 1000 strong response.
  • Options

Normally the ICM phone poll fieldwork is three days from Friday and Sunday inclusive.

That assumes they must have had a really poor response rate to have had to go into a fourth and fifth day to get the 1000 strong response.

xmas shopping season?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited December 2014
    The lawyer for the families of Iraqi's "abused" by British soldiers was on R5 an hour ago...f##king disgrace.

He admitted that it became clear that things weren't as claimed ages ago, but he was still pushing the line that shouting at a prisoner or banging a tent peg on a table was abuse etc.

And tried to come up with all these excuses why people "mis-remembered" what happened to them.

Also pushing this total BS line that other prisoners could definitely believe that it was the prisoners shouting as they were being executed / tortured. Utter utter BS.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Bobajob_ said:

The thread on the day of the autumn statement makes entertaining reading for the PB Lefties and the PB Kippers.

Why would anyone bother re-reading tens of posts from the multiple bobajobs?
  • Options

Are you saying this poll might be a 'rogue'
  • Options

kle4 said:

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

If it is saying it does not want economic competence then indeed the tories are stuffed.
    If it is worrried about bogus accusations about 1930 levels of spending and lies from Vince Cable then we may have an answer. It is not the Statement - it is the politics.
    People want economic competence. We just don't really know what that entails. If things are doing ok, people won't want to see as much cutting even if they say they want to see some, as they assume competent cutting will not affect them in any way somehow. If thingsare still not ok, the Tories failed in their first 5 years, why give them more? Ed has tried to pre-empt the same thing happening to him by saying he needs 10 years to fix the Tory mess, but I don't think that will work.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Pong said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542999/Windsor-wager-halts-royal-bets-200-stake-placed-Queen-abdicate-year-sees-bookmaker-suspend-market.html

Coral have taken a staggeringly huge wager of.... TWO HUNDRED POUNDS.
  • Options

Tories on holiday?

:)
  • Options
    taffys said:

Are you saying this poll might be a 'rogue'

More Wolverine than Rogue?
  • Options
    I wonder if the public finally catching on to the fiscal irresponsibility of the government.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

kle4 said:

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

The tory share has not jumped up since the Autumn Statement but it has not moved the other way.
    Should it have moved up? That is, because of the Statement? The Govt were doing the economically competent thing. If the govt are percieved as suddenly cutting too deeply then what was the alternative? Spend more? Are the public wanting a govt to spend more and not cut the deficit? Where does the deficit come from? Part comes from economic activity. But part comes from spending. So what is the electorate saying.

Perhaps the electorate has no clue whatsoever as to what might happen if the money runs out.
    Maybe the message will only sink in when it does, and massive and immediate cuts happen.
  • Options
    Oliver_PB said:

I wonder if the public finally catching on to the fiscal irresponsibility of the government.

I would have thought people start off assuming any government is fiscally irresponsible and need to be convinced otherwise, rather than finding any actual proof of the irresponsibility being required.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Plato said:

I wonder how a plot on a radar chart would highlight where parties differ on a range of issues.
  • Options
    People want economic competence.

People want low taxes, balanced budgets AND great services.

Nobody has the guts to tell them that's impossible.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Leading questions in the Guardian poll. Who'da believed it?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,983
    I don't think the Autumn Statement made any difference one way or the other. The Tories have been averaging 32% for weeks, 1-2% behind Labour. Of course, that means you get occasional polls putting Labour 5% ahead, or showing the Tories nudging ahead.

This poll is dreadful for the Conservatives, but it's only one poll, and other polls conducted at the same time have been better for them.

What's unusual is the very low combined figure for Con and UKIP, at 42%, compared to an average of 47%.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Alistair said:

Plato said:

Would be interested to know if that's corrected for the English colleges re-classification and the banks nationalisation/de-nationalisation
    Even if it doesn't those numbers are too small to affect the overall picture. That said the figures themselves do contain a lot of hidden non-changes. For example a charity I did some work for has taken over a lot of staff from the public sector. They are the same people doing the same job and, indirectly, still being paid by the taxpayer (the charity is almost 100% government funded) they just no longer fall under the public sector label. That reclassification has been happening quite a lot (see the defence sector for more examples), but quite to what extent I wouldn't like to guess, but it is still less than the number of new jobs created.

As an aside the idea or reclassifying public servants as private sector employees was put forward by Sir Arnold in Yes Prime Minister back in the 1980s. I am sure that there are people in government (civil service and elected) now who regard that programme not as a political satire but as a series of instructional videos.
  • Options
    I see "Scribbler" is getting free advertising from the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2876736/Obscene-cards-sully-message-Christmas-Sexual-profane-anti-Christian-messages-display-children.html

I'll probably go to card factory.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Bobajob_ said:

What effect?

Perhaps the electorate has no clue whatsoever as to what might happen if the money runs out.
    Maybe the message will only sink in when it does, and massive and immediate cuts happen.
    Might be necessary some day. But if there's one area our politicians and government thrive, it is muddling along and finding stopgap solutions, so some moment of epiphany for the electorate on the subject is probably some way off. I mean, most Greeks still support retaining the Euro don't they, which is a resilient opinion given you'd have expected a reaction, fair or not, against it given what has happened.
  • Options
    taffys said:

People want economic competence.

People want low taxes, balanced budgets AND great services.

Nobody has the guts to tell them that's impossible.

People don't give two hoots for balanced budgets.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806

The lawyer for the families of Iraqi's "abused" by British soldiers was on R5 an hour ago...f##king disgrace.

He admitted that it became clear that things weren't as claimed ages ago, but he was still pushing the line that shouting at a prisoner or banging a tent peg on a table was abuse etc.

And tried to come up with all these excuses why people "mis-remembered" what happened to them.

Also pushing this total BS line that other prisoners could definitely believe that it was the prisoners shouting as they were being executed / tortured. Utter utter BS.

We have too many parasitic lawyers in this country. Time for them to do some useful work like digging ditches.

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Pulpstar said:

Pong said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542999/Windsor-wager-halts-royal-bets-200-stake-placed-Queen-abdicate-year-sees-bookmaker-suspend-market.html

Coral have taken a staggeringly huge wager of.... TWO HUNDRED POUNDS.
    An elderly man wearing an Admiral's uniform was seen entering several bookmaker's.

• Options

He'd better be pro-bono.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Darn it...missed Robot Reeves..I love a good laugh in the afternoons
  • Options
    Watcher

One might equally ask why they would want to read endless posts from you obsessing about my alter egos!

I could bring Scout and Fett back at some point, if you are missing them!
  • Options
    The Tories are suing the traitorous pig dog defector.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

What evidence is there of VI shifting much during the campaign?

Wasn't the lesson of 2010 that even including Cleggasm the polls reverted to the position they were in at the start of the campaign?

I might be wrong here.
  • Options
    Ah yes, don't like the findings = rubbish the poll
  • Options

Darn it...missed Robot Reeves..I love a good laugh in the afternoons

Rachel Reeves? Where??
This discussion has been closed.