Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The main driver of the GE2015 outcome will be what 2010 LDs

13»

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,971
    Gosh! I think I've just seen a member of the liberal metropolitan elite transform into a troll!
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    WATO leading on the end of the principle of universality....starting with historical EdM radio interviews on how important it is....then Peter Hain on why its a bad idea....now it's EdB getting a laundry list of "will you guarantee this one, and that one, what about this one.....". Balls seems to have dropped his temporary VAT cut....now in favour of capital investment "does sound like a lot of U-turns this morning....."
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Balls is right on winter fuel payments.

Im sure hell change his mind on lots of other benfits too in the next couple of years.

GO has won the argument - the welfare state is to be reigned in by all parties.

the welfare state is to be reigned in by all parties

Nice phrase if you'd intended it.

And Osborne hasn't reined anything in, a £100 million benefit cap saving while racking up housing benefit by 20 times that and protecting pensioners doesn't add up to anything.

Next step for Balls - if rich pensioners don't need WFA - then rich mummies don't need child benefit.

I give it 3-6 months tops.

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    “Do I think the last Labour government was profligate, spent too much, had too much national debt? No I don’t think there’s any evidence for that.”

Ed Balls

No wonder they are not trusted to run the economy
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Balls floundering on WATO.

The 2 Ed's really haven't thought their U turn through.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    Same Old Labour.

@Freeman_George

Sounds like Brown, but it's Balls. Red Ed talks about 'iron discipline' but sets out a plan for MORE borrowing. #SameOldLabour
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,879
    Anything from Dan The Man about why it's all bad news for Ed?
  • Options
    MarchesMarches Posts: 51

Balls floundering on WATO.

The 2 Ed's really haven't thought their U turn through.

I would have thought that they have and are rationalising a short term problem counterbalanced by the idea that most of the electorate have the attention span of a mayfly. Remains to be seen if it works but I think that there may be a slight under-estimate of the effect.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    GIN1138 said:

Hodges loves it - see Tele blog. Only as a first step to copying the Con manifesto but he's still very positive as it shows rEd has recognised what a Balls up he has made of the last 3 years.

I note the 3 spending promises don't impact union members in any way - what a shock.

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    isam said:

Gosh! I think I've just seen a member of the liberal metropolitan elite transform into a troll!

When responding to a post that includes the phrase “inbred six-fingered scribble” about something as banal as punctuation, I think I’m allowed to tweak tails in turn. One thing is obvious: UKIPpers don't like it up 'em (no doubt that's why they're so hostile to gay marriage).
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    edited June 2013
    GIN1138 said:

The reverse:

'Finally, Ed Miliband gets it. Yes, the flat-earthers will continue to deny it. The direct-action brigade will march up and down the same stretch of pavement chanting “whose streets?” and ignore it. The People’s Assembly will meet, talk to itself, then go off and organise several more meetings to discuss what to do about it.

But praise be to the Lord, the leader of the Labour party finally understands that he is currently in the process of losing the next election, and if he wants to actually win it something has to change."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100219973/finally-ed-miliband-gets-it-hes-turning-his-back-on-the-owen-jones-flat-earthers/
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,554
    antifrank said:

isam said:

When responding to a post that includes the phrase “inbred six-fingered scribble” about something as banal as punctuation, I think I’m allowed to tweak tails in turn. One thing is obvious: UKIPpers don't like it up 'em (no doubt that's why they're so hostile to gay marriage).
    Wait until the new thread, oh wait

New Thread
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    John Z.

Straight out of the Brown playbook

in words: 'Enterprise, enterprise, enterprise....prudence, prudence, prudence'

Small print: More red tape and spending...

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

In The Daily Mail Labour List:

"The Labour leadership's screeching u-turn on universal benefits"

http://labourlist.org/2013/06/the-labour-leaderships-screeching-u-turn-on-universal-benefits/

Labour under Ed do love a good U turn don't they.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,965

GIN1138 said:

I wonder if a certain Lib-Dem inclined pernsioner from Bedford who is currently on holiday, might swingback the narrative of his PoliticalBetting website more towards "Dave" now that appears Labour intends to take all his freebies off him! ;)

That's a bit cheap. I've long supported curbing pensioner perks for the well off as many post on here will support.

I like my bus pass and if tax or charge is put on it then I would opt to pay.

Ed Balls and Nick Clegg are right on this. Cameron, who made a stupid pledge during the final TV debate in May 2010 is wrong

You've also noted that oldies tend to get out and actually vote ;)
This discussion has been closed.