Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The opening prices on the GE2015 spread betting markets hav

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    BBC mention sandwiches without mentioning tax credits and minimum wages distorting wage markets. However, sandwich making is hardly skilled work, likewise its all very well Cameron bigging up Aldi' retailing jobs given the added value it offers the UK. He should be more concerned by recent problems at Rolls Royce, high tech firm with some local difficulties.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,996
    Failed immigration PROMISE now only a comment

EAW vote PROMISE broken.

Good day for the Tories
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Twitter
    steve hawkes @steve_hawkes · 1 hr 1 hour ago
    Tories furious with Bercow, Labour furious with Theresa, Eurosceptics furious. Another day in Westminster
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,996
    ALDI passes Waitrose in UK sales

Everbody avoiding TSE in the easy to cook aisle
  • Options

Is the figure quoted by kippers that we spend on EU membership the gross figure, or with the rebate taken away?

So none of the kippers know, or are they (rightly) embarrassed to answer truthfully?
    I am not sure what "figure quoted by kippers" you are talking about. I always make the distinction between net and gross. I do so because I think quoting a net figure (rebate excepted) is disingenuous.

We do not talk about the net cost of taxes when we pay them by taking off the value of the services we get back, nor the net cost of our grocery spend by taking off the value of the produce we have bought.

All the more so in the case of the EU since most of the monies that are returned to us come with huge caveats and conditions including the need for matched funding and a lack of control over what areas and projects the funding is directed towards. As such the gross figure is a far more accurate representation of the basic cost of EU membership.
    That sounds like an intellectually self confident way of saying that you don't count the rebate in your figure.

Thanks Malcolm Miliband
    Another fatuous comment from Thick Jonny. The numbers am talking about of course include the rebate. Net vs gross is a calculation after the rebate is taken into account. Mind you your lack of understanding of the EU budget is astounding given how much you comment about it on here. I am not surprised you can't follow these simple principles.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548

Is the figure quoted by kippers that we spend on EU membership the gross figure, or with the rebate taken away?

So none of the kippers know, or are they (rightly) embarrassed to answer truthfully?
    I am not sure what "figure quoted by kippers" you are talking about. I always make the distinction between net and gross. I do so because I think quoting a net figure (rebate excepted) is disingenuous.

We do not talk about the net cost of taxes when we pay them by taking off the value of the services we get back, nor the net cost of our grocery spend by taking off the value of the produce we have bought.

All the more so in the case of the EU since most of the monies that are returned to us come with huge caveats and conditions including the need for matched funding and a lack of control over what areas and projects the funding is directed towards. As such the gross figure is a far more accurate representation of the basic cost of EU membership.
    That sounds like an intellectually self confident way of saying that you don't count the rebate in your figure.

Thanks Malcolm Miliband
    Another fatuous comment from Thick Jonny. The numbers am talking about of course include the rebate. Net vs gross is a calculation after the rebate is taken into account. Mind you your lack of understanding of the EU budget is astounding given how much you comment about it on here. I am not surprised you can't follow these simple principles.
    You're so full of yourself, I think we need a Tyndall overspill warning when you're being so intellectually self confident.

UKIP regularly claim the cost of the EU is the gross amount.

If you disagree, find me a bit of UKIP literature that states the net figure.
  • Options
    manofkent2014manofkent2014 Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2014
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

I'm reminded this evening of the kipper fury at Cameron's inability to time travel to back before Brown signed the Lisbon treaty (that, or their inability to understand his "cast-iron" guarantee)

Yup ! they only quote the bit that does them the most benefit and leave out the very important part to ensure the Tories sustain maximum damage. I always take the view that anyone who spouts about the cast iron guarantee is a muppet
    It equated to Brown increasing the highest rate of tax for the last 30 days of his government . A wicked move the political equivalent of a scorched earth policy and to hell with the good of the country as a whole. Ever since Labour have claimed tax cuts for millionaires of course despite having a lower rate for as good as the entire length of their tenure. Labour is only interested in Labour.
    Here is a simple question for you. If Brown and co committed such a vile act of treachery why did Cameron decide to do nothing about it?
    Such as? Be careful here you are likely to fall into the big elephant trap Brown left behind.

(Yes I am aware of the principle that one parliament cannot bind the next. )
    Do you not remember the treachery you referred to minutes ago? Let me remind you

and forgets the act of treachery that took place when Labour sneaked in through the back door and signed Lisbon.

So I repeat. If Brown and co committed such a vile act of treachery, that YOU refer to why did Cameron decide to do nothing about it

Its not what Cameron should have done even if he even could. Its the initial act by Brown I refer too and the signing of that little " tidying up exercise" treaty in the first place which turns out to be anything but. Brown knew this only too well and played it for political advantage while disregarding the best interests of the country which was my initial point.
    So in other words you have no response to why Cameron banged on and on and on about the damn Lisbon Treaty until it was signed and then did nothing demonstrating what an empty useless shell of a politician he is! All you can do five years after the fact is bleat about what Brown did do and have no defence for Cameron's utter dereliction!

Worthless, pointless, useless Tories!
This discussion has been closed.