Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why the Tories have a better chance of retaining Rochester

1235»

Comments

• Options
    manofkent2014manofkent2014 Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2014
    I believe there were some who were outraged by the way Survation posed one of the questions in their recent Rochester poll. Now here is how Yougov (whose founder is a Tory MP, whose CEO is a Tory donor and whose President is the husband of the departing Labour High Foreign Representative of the EU) address the issue of the EAW:

The EU introduced the European arrest warrant in 2004. This allows member states to require other countries to hand over people they want to put on trial for criminal offences that attract prison sentences of at least a year. Britain recently opted out of a number of EU justice measures, including the arrest warrant.

Now Mr Cameron and Theresa May, the Home secretary, want Britain to opt back into the arrest warrant. They argue that it will help Britain to bring to trial suspected criminals who flee to other EU countries. Their critics say the arrest warrant system could mean Britons being sent abroad for trial for relatively minor offences.On balance, do you think Britain should or should not opt back in to the European arrest warrant?

No mention that it can mean British citizens can be deported to European countries and held in custody on the flimsiest of reasons for years without trial only to be released subsequently as detailed here by Dan Hannan.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tag/eaw/

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/n965i9mzb8/YG-Archive-Pol-Sunday-Times-results-311014.pdf
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Poppett said:

People on here can take the p*** out of Miliband because that's what sheep do on twitter -Agree . In the real world people don't care that Guildo fawkes might put a cartoon up about bacon sandwiches or something .people are too worried about rent/ bill / nhs . shame you lot have become out of touch just like the Westminster lot !

Surely you are not trying to claim Milliband is in touch???

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    AndyJS said:

GeoffM said:

AndyJS said:

Phil Cunnington is an NHS mental health manager — not the stereotypical job for a UKIP candidate:

https://twitter.com/CunningtoP

Is there a "stereotypical job for a UKIP candidate"?
    Does anyone know from a look at their PPC selections?
    A lot of them are self-employed business people. Not many work in the NHS, although a couple of doctors have been selected in Westmorland and Carshalton.

I'm slightly disappointed that neither you nor Andrea have a spreadsheet on the distribution.

Seriously, many thanks for your answer.
    It'd be interesting to hear the views of their doctors on the future of the NHS.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,851
    GeoffM said:

AndyJS said:

GeoffM said:

AndyJS said:

Phil Cunnington is an NHS mental health manager — not the stereotypical job for a UKIP candidate:

https://twitter.com/CunningtoP

Is there a "stereotypical job for a UKIP candidate"?
    Does anyone know from a look at their PPC selections?
    A lot of them are self-employed business people. Not many work in the NHS, although a couple of doctors have been selected in Westmorland and Carshalton.

I'm slightly disappointed that neither you nor Andrea have a spreadsheet on the distribution.

Seriously, many thanks for your answer.
    It'd be interesting to hear the views of their doctors on the future of the NHS.
    UKIP's candidate in Westmorland is a surgeon and emergency care doctor
  • Options
    beast_in_blackbeast_in_black Posts: 28
    edited November 2014
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/11/02/ukip-candidate-posts-map-claiming-people-from-london-are-cosmopolitan-poofters/

Sorry to change the subject but I had to laugh at this! Looks like the wrong people were offended!
  • Options
    Floater said:

Poppett said:

People on here can take the p*** out of Miliband because that's what sheep do on twitter -Agree . In the real world people don't care that Guildo fawkes might put a cartoon up about bacon sandwiches or something .people are too worried about rent/ bill / nhs . shame you lot have become out of touch just like the Westminster lot !

Surely you are not trying to claim Milliband is in touch???

No I'm not

• Options

isam said:

Talking of free speech: I posted a comment on here yesterday lamenting the fact that I had allowed the UKIP comments to change my mind about my competition prediction, and how annoyed I was at myself for allowing that to affect my number.

A Kipper on here then flagged my comment up as "Troll".

Lots of people seem to get uppity when you say something they don't agree with. Whether the Red Cross or Kippers...

Which kippers were bigging up a win in South Yorkshire?

Mike Smithson is a lib dem and he was the main cheerleader for ukip in that one

It was an overall impression from the bullishness of the Kippers (that wasn't fully justified).

However, that wasn't the point.

Money talking
This discussion has been closed.