Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The latest round of Lord Ashcroft’s marginals’ polling find

124»

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,129
    Mr. Owls, it may only be about half a year to the election but things could change dramatically. UKIP could rise to new heights or fail in Rochester and sag like an abandoned soufflé. Ebola could be contained or we could have an epidemic.
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@TheScreamingEagles
    If anything else starts "Itchen", get yourself down to the STD clinic.

I hate the medical staff in STD clinics.

Honestly you get the same disease three or four times and they start acting like it's all my fault.
  • Options

Anybody interested in the American Mid-Term elections at the moment? Looking like a bit of a disaster for the Dems in the Senate. Likely to lose - Arkansas, Alaska, Iowa, Colorado, Louisiana (run off likely), West Virginia & South Dakota.

Only bright spots are North Carolina where Kay Hagan may hang on, and Georgia where Michelle Nunn is putting up a very solid showing in a red state.

Kansas and South Dakota are the wild cards, although I think the GOP will hold on in both cases.

Queue another 2 years of total gridlock in the pipeline then...

Thanks Ally.

Yes, always interested to hear what's going on Stateside, even if markets are thin on the ground just now.

How is Walker getting on in Wisconsin? The polls make it very close. (I've backed him for the GoP nomination, but if he loses to Burke, I reckon I can tear my voucher up.)
    Very close in the Walker race, think he has a 1-2 point lead, however I'd back him to win because of the bad blood over the recall in 2012. He managed to hold on then, I'd guess he'll do it again.

Other governors races look a bit brighter for team Blue, they'll win Pennsylvania, should win in Maine (against a lunatic GOP governor) and have a good shot in Michigan. Colorado, Illinois & Florida are coin tosses. Georgia could be a surprise too with Jason Carter ( Jimmy's grandson) putting in a decent fight.
  • Options

@Labour candidates, there's another corker for Southampton Itchen. She's 29 years old, a guardian journalist, TV political commentator and - wait for it - a sitting councillor for Peckham, in London.

She has no connections to Southampton whatever, and (the classic) degree in PPE from Oxford. Westminster bubble written all over her.

An interesting one to watch, and a possible Con gain from Lab.

There will be no Tory gains from LAB in 2015

The wheels have come off and the UKIP surge have seen to that despite Ed being Crap
    Would you like to bet on that. I'll take £50.

Given your certainty you'll be offering odds of 20/1?

I'll take sixteens.

The rest of you can form an orderly queue.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,203
    I have just had a very tasty Strawberry Jelly Lolly.

Red lolly jelly lolly
  • Options
    New thread.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,129
    New thread.
  • Options

Anybody interested in the American Mid-Term elections at the moment? Looking like a bit of a disaster for the Dems in the Senate. Likely to lose - Arkansas, Alaska, Iowa, Colorado, Louisiana (run off likely), West Virginia & South Dakota.

Only bright spots are North Carolina where Kay Hagan may hang on, and Georgia where Michelle Nunn is putting up a very solid showing in a red state.

Kansas and South Dakota are the wild cards, although I think the GOP will hold on in both cases.

Queue another 2 years of total gridlock in the pipeline then...

Thanks Ally.

Yes, always interested to hear what's going on Stateside, even if markets are thin on the ground just now.

How is Walker getting on in Wisconsin? The polls make it very close. (I've backed him for the GoP nomination, but if he loses to Burke, I reckon I can tear my voucher up.)
    Very close in the Walker race, think he has a 1-2 point lead, however I'd back him to win because of the bad blood over the recall in 2012. He managed to hold on then, I'd guess he'll do it again.

Other governors races look a bit brighter for team Blue, they'll win Pennsylvania, should win in Maine (against a lunatic GOP governor) and have a good shot in Michigan. Colorado, Illinois & Florida are coin tosses. Georgia could be a surprise too with Jason Carter ( Jimmy's grandson) putting in a decent fight.
    Thanks again, Ally.

Anybody who thinks Walker will hold on should back him now for the nomination. There are some pretty fancy odds available. I thought he'd coast in and backed him early, but his odds have lengthened since as the Governor race has tightened.

Interesting news about Georgia. I remember Obama nearly took that in his annus mirabalis. Would have won me two grand if he had, but I can't complain, as I was one of the many PBers who took OGH's 50/1 winning tip on the guy.

I take it you are not one of the three remaining people on earth who haven't heard about that?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,203

@Labour candidates, there's another corker for Southampton Itchen. She's 29 years old, a guardian journalist, TV political commentator and - wait for it - a sitting councillor for Peckham, in London.

She has no connections to Southampton whatever, and (the classic) degree in PPE from Oxford. Westminster bubble written all over her.

An interesting one to watch, and a possible Con gain from Lab.

There will be no Tory gains from LAB in 2015

The wheels have come off and the UKIP surge have seen to that despite Ed being Crap
    Would you like to bet on that. I'll take £50.

Given your certainty you'll be offering odds of 20/1?

It woz the lolly wot made me post that!!!

20/1 you are an opportunist Mr TSE

I was thinking of you (and DavidL) earlier as the latest lurch to the right on immigration was announced.

I would be interested if there would ever be a point when you no longer supported the Tories.

As you may remember I voted against LAB after Iraq is there any policy that would cause you enough concern to change your vote?

• Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    Warrantless wiretapping is indefensible, why let the terrorists in in the first place. Curing a symptom not eliminating the root cause. Same old Cameroon nonsense like restricting free speech for supposed extremists.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    In time of war out of date intelligence can be more harmful to the people using it than the enemy. The research is 2 - 5 weeks old and I believe there may have been one or two political events since then.
This discussion has been closed.