Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Preview : May 23rd 2013

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    @tim - as with so many comments from the the most inept tory spinner of all, the fact that they cheered on the incompetent fop's EU master strategy (to the extent that they boasted they were skipping to the polls to vote for Cammie at the locals) are all pointers to the incredible stupidity in not realising banging on about Europe would be hilariously dumb - and they're understandably "squirrel!" about the polls.

;^ )
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    new thread
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,980

Cyclefree said:
    Very much so. I see one of them is going to a job fair to try to find work - suspect there are not a few employers who would hire her sight unseen, on the basis that a 20-year-old with that degree of responsbility has to have considerable potential.
    Reminds me of the interviews with some of the 7/7 survivors that C4 news ran around the time of the inquiry; very ordinary people who remained with the dead and the dying - one of the most moving broadcasts I have ever seen.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Good morning. I have a back ache, a sore arm, and the weather is lousy - I blame Cammo.

Well down to work:

HOW FALSE POLLS SEEM TO BE

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/8lvxse4f91/YG-Archive-Pol-Sun-results-230513.pdf

The latest YOUGOV poll is out and now it shows a 13% lead for LABOUR

Latest YouGov / The Sun results 23rd May - CON 29%, LAB 42%, LD 11%, UKIP 13%; APP -34 are the figures.

But of course delve deeper and you find the cause. It seems that the older you get the less likely you are to vote labour, so what is the best way to skew a poll. Ask more young people how they are likely to vote. In the past polling the section for 18-24 has been negligible and they have had to star it saying that not enough had been polled to make it credible.

This time they have asked more than 200 from this group who they would vote for and of course it skews the figures.

Labour can pronounce a huge lead.

If this was the case then the May elections would have been much different but then again the pollsters or Labour for that matter wouldn't want that it doesn't make the sort of press which they want.

I wish YOUGOV would be restricted to a weekly or fortnightly poll like most other pollsters they might just get the same results as them as well then.
    -------------------------------------------
    And the Bolsover result for the Parish Council. And Labour lost it.

Whitwell Parish Council - Thursday 10th January 2013

The election for the vacancy on Whitwell Parish Council has taken place and the results are below. The total electrorate is 3.145 and the turnout was 14.24%.
    Name of Candidate Description (if any) Number of Votes

AUSTIN, Karl Peter Hill 267
    BURDETT, Simon Charles The Labour Party 179

As we await the result from yesterdays by election result for the district council I found this and wondered if it would give an indication to how the District council result may have gone as well.
    -------------------

Looks like YouGov under Kelner are cooking the books again.

Oooh! My arm feels better. ;)

• Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    Result from Bolsover Council's website:

Viv Mills (Whitwell Residents Association) 347
    Frank Raspin (Labour) 256

If the same trend was followed nationally, Whitwell Residents Association would be able to govern with a clear majority without needing to form a coalition with the Lib Dems.

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    Rod Indeed
This discussion has been closed.