Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The weekend polls could impact on these betting prices

124»

Comments

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    edited August 2014

Mr. Jessop, my first reaction to sure post was to say, "Surely, you can't be serious!" Then I realised you would tell me off for calling you, "Shirley" and of course you are serious because you posted it.

Damn it, this is the sort of stuff that Southam Observer and I (amongst others) have been talking about for months. This is the sort of idiotic management that one might have expected in British Leyland plants in the 1970s.

From what I have been told (although the gent is a union man through and through, so he is biased). The company wants to change the role slightly, but know it will be the devil to get it agreed with the union. So they rename the role to something fluffy and modern, and preferably including the words 'service' or 'facilitator'.

Now, the people who are already employees in that role just have a change in the name of the role. New employees in that role have a subtly different role and sometimes different pay defined in their contract. The existing employees are happy because they have their old conditions, and are essentially better off than the new ones.

It may not be the truth of what is going on (and I'm surprised the unions let the employers get away with it), but he believed it to be true.

I am surprised that the unions let them get away with such practices too. There again we are talking private companies and how deep is the union penetration these days. Maybe the unions don't want to organise amongst these workers and the public sector is enough for the union leaders. I don't know.

What smacks me in the face so hard is that management in 2014 should be behaving as per management in 1947. Have they learned nothing? Who recruits these people? Who trains them? I bet one thing, that in their company literature they talk about the fools who make such decisions as being "leaders" and the people at the top as being "strategic leaders".
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,252
    LuckyGuy1983 ISIS would still be there regardless of whether soft or hard power were used
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    There will be no clacton poll I believe until all the candidates have been selected and the date of the byelection known.
    But on the Carswell defection and Rotherham we will have a clear picture on their national impact by Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.