Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,688
edited August 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    Will have fun with these...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    Thanks for #18.. needed a good laugh!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Early Nighthawks tonight...
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Evening all. I see a female UKIP MEP has been watching too much Little Britain. Apparently referring to a Thai constituent as "Ting Tong". Should gain her a few votes.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    1. Probably not. But does anybody really know what to do about the horrendous mess created by the "Middle East Peace Envoy"?

2. Well we have "boots on the ground" in the form of the Iraqi and Kurd armies. One would hope that with air support they might achieve the desired outcome against IS.

3. Harriet who?

4. The Greens won't be happy until we've turned the clock back to pre-industrial revolution day's and we're all living in huts and reading by candlelight.

5. I don't think Alan Johnson will come back, but Darling might.

6. Well this ended so well for John Major...

7. Dealers should go to prison, users to rehab.

8. Ideally faith would be kept out of foreign policy.

9. I think Alex secretly plans to get Scotland into the Euro, but he dare not admit it.

10. Would be ironic if Labour's "greatest achievement" ultimately destroy's them, north and south of the border.

11. Can someone explain what the big deal is about Chukka Umunna because I can't see it?

12. How do you define "abuse" of the NHS? Smoking? Drinking? Eating too much? Having accident's because you do stupid things? How do you define what a "stupid thing" is? Hypochondria? Mental illness caused by past drug/alcohol abuse? This is opening up a can of worms.

13. Louise Mensch is ditsy, but fun. "Snowflake" was similar...

14. This one has passed me by.

15. RIP.

16. Good on the girls! Women seem to do far better at sports than their more famous and over-paid male counterparts. Perhaps because they have to work harder to be professional sports people, women try harder?

17. Pervert!

18. Silly billy's...

19. Jacobite's everywhere will be rejoicing including our own Jacobite Rogue.

• Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955
    6 Cameron isn't going to use his own family again is he? Like he did to try and assure us there'd be no more top-down reorganisations of the NHS?
  • Options
    Was TSEs "YouGov" in bold a tease that the new YG is "sensational"?
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    GIN1138 said:

4. The Greens won't be happy until we've turned the clock back to pre-industrial revolution day's and we're all living in huts and reading by candlelight.

Candlelight?! What the hell makes you think you deserve candlelight?! You know it gives you cancer, right?
  • Options
    Oh God someone make him stop.

The prime minister will also return to his early personal messages about the importance of family. He will say: "For me, nothing matters more than family. It's at the centre of my life and the heart of my politics.

"As a husband and a father I know how incredibly lucky I am to have a wonderful wife and three amazing children. But in loving my family, and in reflecting on my own upbringing, I've also learned something incredibly important about the way that family and politics are inextricably linked.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Huh?
  • Options
    ZenPaganZenPagan Posts: 689
    GIN1138 said:

12. How do you define "abuse" of the NHS? Smoking? Drinking? Eating too much? Having accident's because you do stupid things? How do you define what a "stupid thing" is? Hypochondria? Mental illness caused by past drug/alcohol abuse? This is opening up a can of worms.

I can answer this one, abuse of the NHS should be classed as keeping fit and healthy, going to the gym, not smoking or drinking or being obese.

Plenty of studies have been done on lifetime healthcare and found that in ranking of total lifetime costs it goes ( from highest to lowest)

1) Fit healthy livers
    2) The obese
    3) Drinkers
    4) Smokers

This is before they even calculate the savings in pension costs and is due to the fact that the last 3 categories while they have complications from their lifestyle tend to not survive them for long where as the fit and healthy have many years of ill health to look forward to in later life

discussed here for example
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/03/22/alcohol-obesity-and-smoking-do-not-cost-health-care-systems-money/

• Options

RobD said:

Huh?
    To quote you from the previous thread:

YouGov

• Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    ZenPagan said:

GIN1138 said:

I can answer this one, abuse of the NHS should be classed as keeping fit and healthy, going to the gym, not smoking or drinking or being obese.

Absolutely - I remember a poster here saying how the obese should pay more and then absolutely refusing to see how asking him to pay more as a non-smoking gym-goer was the same thing. People, eh?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Would OGH get advance notice of YouGov polls? I've always assumed he and Peter Kellner don't get on?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,488
    edited August 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

That's auto-correct gone horribly wrong.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    18 is great!
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,466
    FPT, what is 'politically achievable' (and what aparently isn't) is the reason why people are turning to UKIP in their droves, and why Scotland is about ready to march off with Salmond. These miserable, meaningless open ended phrases:
    -'get tough on'
    -'clamp down on'
    -'send a strong message'
    -'stand up for'
    -'tackle (something)'
    All mean 'I can't solve the problem, but I need to be seen to be trying'. These should be abolished from politics. Difficult to return the country to the black? Oh well, you shouldn't have asked to be Chancellor then. Obama pressuring you to join his latest military scheme? Grow some balls -you asked to be elected to the highest office in the land ffs. EU won't let you do anything? Leave it or make merry hell till you get what you want.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Would OGH get advance notice of YouGov polls? I've always assumed he and Peter Kellner don't get on?

We do not get advance notice of YouGov polls.

The Sun and Sunday Times are very protective of their polls.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Who is "we"? Mike Smithson and you, TSE?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
    I have no idea how "New Thread" became "YouGov"
  • Options
    Hugh said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

We as in Politicalbetting.com
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    Won't be a Tory lead tonight, Tories don't vote early in the week, only when it matters on a Thursday.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited August 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
    Rob - sorry to be pedantic but you've got the date wrong on yesterday's Sunday Times YouGov - it should be 15/08/14 - ie fieldwork ended Friday.

It makes a difference because it will push it back into the previous 15 day period - which ended on 15/08/14.

It'll mean that that 15 day period closes with a Lab lead of 3.10%.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Oh God someone make him stop.

The prime minister will also return to his early personal messages about the importance of family. He will say: "For me, nothing matters more than family. It's at the centre of my life and the heart of my politics.

"As a husband and a father I know how incredibly lucky I am to have a wonderful wife and three amazing children. But in loving my family, and in reflecting on my own upbringing, I've also learned something incredibly important about the way that family and politics are inextricably linked.

Why don't you just go back to being Tim and have done with it? ;)

• Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
    Maybe you accidentally tweaked the settings while you were texting latin ;-)
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

18 is great!

It reminds me of a few places that I have viewed...
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

I see.

OGH and Kellner don't get on though do they? Go on, you can tell us. Nobody's watching. ;)

• Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
    Maybe you accidentally tweaked the settings while you were texting latin ;-)
    Yeah, typing latin on an iPhone is a 'kin nightmare.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL
    Rob - sorry to be pedantic but you've got the date wrong on yesterday's Sunday Times YouGov - it should be 15/08/14 - ie fieldwork ended Friday.

It makes a difference because it will push it back into the previous 15 day period - which ended on 15/08/14.

Thanks, pedant is good! If there isn't a Y in the OK column, it means I haven't checked the fieldwork dates or the "other" column!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

I see.

OGH and Kellner don't get on though do they? Go on, you can tell us. Nobody's watching. ;)

Peter Kellner did a live chat on PB a few times.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Do you have the ice bucket challenge over there, raising money for ALS?
  • Options
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thanks, pedant is good! If there isn't a Y in the OK column, it means I haven't checked the fieldwork dates or the "other" column!
    Have you got a link to your poll spreadsheet?

I need to update my master poll list, to add the missing polls between Wiki and UKPR's lists.
  • Options

Hugh said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Who does that include? Mike Smithson gets embargoed polls, we know that. You seem party to info too.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

I see.

Peter Kellner did a live chat on PB a few times.
    I remember that.

I thought something happened behind the scene's after that. Just a feeling I got. But maybe not.

Think I better drop it anyway. ;)

• Options

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

I need to update my master poll list, to add the missing polls between Wiki and UKPR's lists.
    Polls here - http://goo.gl/9RfFdf

I've added missing 2010 polls to the wiki from UKPR. I can quickly make a spreadsheet for you that lists the polls that are missing either on the wiki or on UKPR..
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

OK, thanks a lot. So the 15 day period from 01/08/14 to 15/08/14 has now closed with a final result of:

Lab 36.25 (-0.11)
    Con 33.15 (+0.51)
    LD 8.30 (+0.07)
    UKIP 13.00 (-0.55)

So no big movements but mildly encouraging for Con. UKIP fall back but still slightly higher than they were 30 days ago.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Who does that include? Mike Smithson gets embargoed polls, we know that. You seem party to info too.
    I am, some pollsters also send them to me.
  • Options
    My word, but Devon is beautiful. We are staying in a house overlooking a tidal river that flows from here to the sea. Opposite is a steep wooded hill, grass at the top, sheep grazing. It's quiet - just the water, the wind, bird calls and the odd bark from a dog. Cool too, but clement enough to sit outside and watch the colour drain away as dusk turns into night. Why would you want to be anywhere else? It's easy to forget, I suppose, just how magnificent England can be.
  • Options

18 is great!

There used to be an estate agent - perhaps still is? - who made a trademark of his downbeat descriptions - "Leaky, neglected house in desperate need of repair" etc. The idea was to stand out from rivals and appear to be offering a bargain.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

I've added missing 2010 polls to the wiki from UKPR. I can quickly make a spreadsheet for you that lists the polls that are missing either on the wiki or on UKPR..
    Thank you.

Can you do a list of the polls not on UKPR.
  • Options
    At one time PB used to get messages/headers/chats from:

Peter Kellner (YouGov)

(Lord) Andrew Cooper (Populus)

Andrew Hawkins (ComRes)

Bob Worcester (MORI)

ICM (forget the man's name)

Fun times.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Peter Kellner (YouGov)

Andrew Hawkins (ComRes)

Bob Worcester (MORI)

Fun times.

Nick Sparrow
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,158

GIN1138 said:

Panelbase not so protective evidently.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Check out the missing polls tab, scroll down for polls not on UKPR. I haven't had a check to thoroughly check each one, so it may be the case that the poll is in UKPR, but the date was a few days out in the wiki, and I missed it. You should probably double check each one if you were to send on a list to Wells.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Peter Kellner (YouGov)

Andrew Hawkins (ComRes)

Bob Worcester (MORI)

Fun times.

Nick Sparrow
    That's the one. :D

Cause we don't mention Angus Reid anymore do we?;)

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

My word, but Devon is beautiful. We are staying in a house overlooking a tidal river that flows from here to the sea. Opposite is a steep wooded hill, grass at the top, sheep grazing. It's quiet - just the water, the wind, bird calls and the odd bark from a dog. Cool too, but clement enough to sit outside and watch the colour drain away as dusk turns into night. Why would you want to be anywhere else? It's easy to forget, I suppose, just how magnificent England can be.

The South Hams are one of my favourite places on earth, and I have been to a fair bit of it!
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Check out the missing polls tab, scroll down for polls not on UKPR.
    Ta
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    14 is a classic bullshit headline. The piece has a rather weak defence of the case against Rick Perry, concluding with the view that it "might, just might" bring him down, which the headline writer imaginatively turns into "Why Rick Perry Will Be Convicted".

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Re. UKIP and by-elections, it's looking like the conventional wisdom may have got it the wrong way round for a marmite party like the purples.

In a by-election the focus on just one seat means it's possible for an anti-UKIP sentiment to develop and coalesce. On the other hand in a general election no-one will be exactly sure, with a couple of exceptions, where they might put in an unusually good performance, come through the middle, etc. So they're maybe more likely to pick up a few seats in a GE context when hundreds of seats are being contested at the same time.

Might sound obvious but hitherto it was accepted that protest vote parties had a better chance in by-elections.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta
    BTW, added a caveat to my post. They may be in Wells' list if the polling date on the wiki page was wrong by more than a few days, or in my tiredness after checking ~1000 polls I missed it...!
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta
    BTW, added a caveat to my post. They may be in Wells' list if the polling date on the wiki page was wrong by more than a few days, or in my tiredness after checking ~1000 polls I missed it...!
    That's ok, I have my own master list, which I'm going to update and check to the pollsters' own trackers such as this one

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/91gutkydc8/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Voting-Trends-with-UKIP-150814.pdf
  • Options
    BlueberryBlueberry Posts: 408

18 is great!

There used to be an estate agent - perhaps still is? - who made a trademark of his downbeat descriptions - "Leaky, neglected house in desperate need of repair" etc. The idea was to stand out from rivals and appear to be offering a bargain.
    They're still going - Roy Brooks in East Dulwich: http://www.roybrooks.co.uk/the-book
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549

Hugh said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

All those who've got the PB implant to become part of the Hivemind.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta
    That's ok, I have my own master list, which I'm going to update and check to the pollsters' own trackers such as this one

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/91gutkydc8/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Voting-Trends-with-UKIP-150814.pdf
    Give me a heads up if you see any missing polls, or incorrect fieldwork dates/values etc. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta

Give me a heads up if you see any missing polls, or incorrect fieldwork dates/values etc. Thanks!
    Will do, I think there's a few errors, usually when YouGov poll at the same time for the Times/Sun, Sunday Times/Sun on Sunday, when they're effectively the same poll.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

Hugh said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

All those who've got the PB implant to become part of the Hivemind.
    You are one of those!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AndyJS said:

Re. UKIP and by-elections, it's looking like the conventional wisdom may have got it the wrong way round for a marmite party like the purples.

In a by-election the focus on just one seat means it's possible for an anti-UKIP sentiment to develop and coalesce. On the other hand in a general election no-one will be exactly sure, with a couple of exceptions, where they might put in an unusually good performance, come through the middle, etc. So they're maybe more likely to pick up a few seats in a GE context when hundreds of seats are being contested at the same time.

There's certainly a risk of learning lessons from the LibDems that aren't applicable to UKIP, but a more plausible conclusion is just that they're not going to win any seats. If they look like they're in with a shot they get clobbered by a tactical pile-on, and if it looks hopeless they get squeezed to death because they're Not Winning Here.

Coming through the middle is particularly hard if LibDem support is evaporating, because there will be fewer two-party+UKIP or three-party+UKIP races if the voters have hit one of the parties around the back of the head with a shovel and buried it in a hole.
  • Options

The South Hams are one of my favourite places on earth, and I have been to a fair bit of it!

It's my first time in Devon for a proper stay. Normally we pass through it to Cornwall or come down to get a ferry to Santander. My eyes have been well and truly opened. It's stunning country, with Dartmoor always a dark, brooding presence on every northward horizon. Come to think of it we may be in or pretty close to the South Hams. I think I've seen a few signposts mentioning them.

• Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta

One final thing, I noticed one mistake on Wells' list. His numbers for the 11-02-2013 YouGov/Sun poll are wrong. I think they should be 31, 42, 11, 9 (other=7), at least according to the wiki list and the yougov pdf linked.
  • Options
    Sun Politics @Sun_Politics · 23s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Con 33%, Labour 38%, Lib Dems 8%, UKIP 12%
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

"Ed Is Crap is PM"
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Will that find it's way to 35/35 by Thursday?

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    Tonights YG LAB 354 CON 252 LD 18 (UKPR)

EICIPM
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Coming through the middle is particularly hard if LibDem support is evaporating, because there will be fewer two-party+UKIP or three-party+UKIP races if the voters have hit one of the parties around the back of the head with a shovel and buried it in a hole.

Many of UKIP's strongest areas are in typical Labour-Tory swing seats (especially South Essex and that whole swathe of marginal territory in the Midlands), so it would theoretically be possible for UKIP to come through the middle on a lowish share of the vote.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Huh?

YouGov

Huh?

LOL

Thank you.

Ta

One final thing, I noticed one mistake on Wells' list. His numbers for the 11-02-2013 YouGov/Sun poll are wrong. I think they should be 31, 42, 11, 9 (other=7), at least according to the wiki list and the yougov pdf linked.
    Ta
  • Options

Ah, that will be the poll that GIN foresaw on Saturday...

Does anyone still think the Tories are actually making progress? The lead varies up and down, but it's been basically 3-4 for a long time.

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371

Does anyone still think the Tories are actually making progress? The lead varies up and down, but it's been basically 3-4 for a long time.

Top goading future NPMP ;-)
  • Options
    Todays BJESUS

11.8.14 LAB 331 (330) CON 261(262) LD 34(34) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    Last weeks BJESUS in brackets
    BJESUS (Big John Election Service Uniform Swing)
    Using current polling adjusted for 268 days left to go factor and using UKPR standard swingometer
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think post budget there was progress, but since the Euros, it's been consistently Lab +3 and with MOE.

The share of the votes for Con and Lab across most pollsters is consistent as well.

The remaining big events this year are

1) The indy ref results

2) The conferences (I'm expecting some eye catching stuff from them all)

3) The autumn statement.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Todays BJESUS

11.8.14 LAB 331 (330) CON 261(262) LD 34(34) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    Using current polling adjusted for 268 days left to go factor and using UKPR standard swingometer

I have your last BJESUS projection on the 12th August as Lab 332, Con 260, LD 34, Other 25.. did I miss one, or did I get that wrong? The numbers in parenthesis match your 5th August prediction, however. (edit - oops, they don't)

Or is this post just a repeat of what was posted last week?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    YouGov's final Euro poll compared to the result:

Con -1.93%
    Lab +0.60%
    LD +2.13%
    UKIP -0.49%
    Others -0.31%

A small bias against right-of-centre parties.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2014_(United_Kingdom)#2014
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Many of UKIP's strongest areas are in typical Labour-Tory swing seats (especially South Essex and that whole swathe of marginal territory in the Midlands), so it would theoretically be possible for UKIP to come through the middle on a lowish share of the vote.
    Sure, but there aren't that many seats like that, so the ones where they have a decent hope shouldn't be big surprises.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    I was impressed by the tiled swastika in the shower.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Anyone know how to access bet fair on an iPad from France ?
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

It's my first time in Devon for a proper stay. Normally we pass through it to Cornwall or come down to get a ferry to Santander. My eyes have been well and truly opened. It's stunning country, with Dartmoor always a dark, brooding presence on every northward horizon. Come to think of it we may be in or pretty close to the South Hams. I think I've seen a few signposts mentioning them.

Get up on to Dartmoor, Mr. Observer, there is no place like it on the planet. I have been there in all its moods and it is always beautiful and unique, but you have to get away from the car.

P.S. Ignore the Conan Doyle nonsense about being on the Moor when the powers of darkness are exulted, jut carry a torch.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Isn't it banned there?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AndyJS said:

TGOHF said:

Isn't it banned there?
    Oui. But would like to bypass..
  • Options

Conservatives are going nowhere.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt until Christmas, because I think usually the polls move sometime around six months before a general election (which will be November of course) but if we're still going around in circles by Christmas I'm going to have to take action in the New Year...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Officially it is banned there, but if you're with EE or 3, you can access it via the website, if you don't use wifi.

Is a trick I taught OGH.

Make sure you buy/have a decent roaming package, you don't get stung for data.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Officially it is banned there, but if you're with EE or 3, you can access it via the website, if you don't use wifi.

Is a trick I taught OGH.

My iPad has wifi only... Am I rooked ?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Is a trick I taught OGH.

If you have a decent mobile phone, hotspot your phone, and connect your iPad via that.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I was impressed by the tiled swastika in the shower.

You have to admire the handiwork.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    From your first post, SO, it seemed that you were somewhere on the River Dart. I could be wrong though. But if so, you are in the South Hams.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Todays BJESUS

I have your last BJESUS projection on the 12th August as Lab 332, Con 260, LD 34, Other 25.. did I miss one, or did I get that wrong? The numbers in parenthesis match your 5th August prediction, however. (edit - oops, they don't)

Or is this post just a repeat of what was posted last week?
    Sorry Rob you are right I will try again

Todays BJESUS

18.8.14 LAB 331 (332) CON 261(26O) LD 34(34) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    Using current polling adjusted for 261 days left to go factor and using UKPR standard swingometer

• Options
    GIN1138 said:

Conservatives are going nowhere.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt until Christmas, because I think usually the polls move sometime around six months before a general election (which will be November of course) but if we're still going around in circles by Christmas I'm going to have to take action in the New Year...
    D'accord, Mr. Gin. I don't think there is much point in looking at the polls until at least the new year. In fact I don't think the normal member of the public will start switching on to politics before March.
  • Options
    All the BJESUS basically very little movement

17.6.14 LAB 330 CON 263 LD 33 UKIP 0 Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    24.6.14 LAB 330 CON 263 LD 33 UKIP 0 Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    1.7.14 LAB 329(330) CON 268 (263) LD 29(33) UKIP 0(0) Others 24(24) (Ed is crap is PM)
    8.7.14 LAB 330 (329) CON 264(268) LD 32(29) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    15.7.14 LAB 329 (330) CON 264(264) LD 33(32) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    22.7.14 LAB 331 (329) CON 261(264) LD 34(33) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    29.7.14 LAB 332 (331) CON 260(261) LD 34(34) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    5.8.14 LAB 330(332) CON 262(260) LD 34(34 UKIP0(0) Others 24 (Ed is Crap is PM)
    12.8.14 LAB 332 (330) CON 260(262) LD 34(34) UKIP 0(0) Others 24 (Ed is crap is PM)
    18.8.14 LAB 331(332) CON 261(260) LD 34(34) UKIP0(0) Others 24 Ed is crap is PM
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,014
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Is a trick I taught OGH.

You could use a VPN, I use SurfEasy on my Android phone. It is supposed to protect your data when using WiFi.

• Options
    Morris Dancer still about?

I have just been sorting out my bed time reading which involved buying the next instalment of the Accursed Kings series. The first book was three pounds and a bit and each thereafter has been successively more expensive, number five being £5.98. A very cunning pricing policy which I draw to your attention.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    twitter.com/tobyperkinsmp/status/501478739575074818
  • Options
    I am due to start reading Mr Dancers comedy tomorrow
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    edited August 2014

And?
  • Options
    Been to Dartmouth loads of times, so much so in fact that I've got a bit tired of the place. Has a famous council estate overlooking the town at the top of the valley. Townstal I think.
  • Options

Oh he's finally written something about Hannibal being a decent military strategist?
  • Options
    saddened said:

And?
    NHS is a local issue.

Pretty sure will be a GE2015 national one
  • Options

I think post budget there was progress, but since the Euros, it's been consistently Lab +3 and with MOE.

The share of the votes for Con and Lab across most pollsters is consistent as well.

The remaining big events this year are

1) The indy ref results

2) The conferences (I'm expecting some eye catching stuff from them all)

3) The autumn statement.

Sounds right. Not sure the autumn statement will do much - previous ones haven't, because the reporting is always "on the one hand, on the other hand...", and that will be more true than ever in a pre-election statement. I do expect the Indyref to have a marked impact on Scottish votes (but what?), on English voters only briefly. Conferences don't usually do much, net, but you never know.

What about next year? There's the draft pre-election budget, and the campaign, and that's about it?
  • Options
    I think there's only two possible things that could majorly affect the next election: a huge NHS crisis over this winter (which would favour Labour) or another international economic crisis, possibly in the Eurozone (which I think would favour the Tories because of how people tend to "cling to nurse for fear of something worse" when there's an air of impending doom around).
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

Morris Dancer still about?

I have just been sorting out my bed time reading which involved buying the next instalment of the Accursed Kings series. The first book was three pounds and a bit and each thereafter has been successively more expensive, number five being £5.98. A very cunning pricing policy which I draw to your attention.

I saw that on amazon and was intrigued - but noticed the graduated pricing, so decided against starting the series. Are they good?
  • Options

Are you talking about Sir Edric's Temple, Mr Owls? If so I envy you. Each to their own, of course, but I thought that book a hoot. Some of the real good belly laughs come flying in from the left-field so that you can only experience them once. On a re-read, which, I have done you know what is coming so the best you get is a knowing grin.
This discussion has been closed.