Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

2»

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,915
    TGOHF said:

Hugh said:

Belize Cayman Island IOM

Tax Haven Games

Where is Gary Barlow

The UK is becoming one big tax dodge under millionaires Cameron and Osborne.

They're all in it together.

How dare they keep their own money - it belongs to the state !
    Apparently Dave and George find your attitude morally repugnant.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,223
    Hugh Except Labour and the Greens combined still less than Tories + UKIP and the LDs are presently in coalition with the Tories
  • Options
    Her Majesty donating her £5?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Not sure UNICEF hijacking the games was a great idea - turns it into sport relief.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,070

Is this the first role that Ewan Mcgregor didn't get his todger out for?

Yet.

Oh and since we no longer call it the Empire games would it be possible for us to stop giving out honours in the name of the empire that no longer exists i.e OBE, CBE, MBE. It really is a puzzle to me why they can't just call them MB, OB, CB.

• Options
    RosebudRosebud Posts: 11

FPT

Does this mean that you are venerable Ian Warren?

If so it would be fantastic to see you posting more on PB.

Yes that's me. Thanks MBE, I will try to contribute where I think I can add value.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2014
    TGOHF said:

Not sure UNICEF hijacking the games was a great idea - turns it into sport relief.

Agree - a bizarre choice imho.

[edited extra bit] Other than that, a great opening so far tho.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    Rosebud said:

FPT

Yes that's me. Thanks MBE, I will try to contribute where I think I can add value.
    Welcome to PB!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    May I wish all PBers a fantastic evening.
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591

Is this the first role that Ewan Mcgregor didn't get his todger out for?

Yet.

Oh and since we no longer call it the Empire games would it be possible for us to stop giving out honours in the name of the empire that no longer exists i.e OBE, CBE, MBE. It really is a puzzle to me why they can't just call them MB, OB, CB.

Yes, another ridiculous anachronistic hangover!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    INDEPENDENCE FOR SCOOOOOOOOOOOTLAND
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Rosebud said:

FPT

Using a pseudonym and then leave clues behind...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    Here it is, the big indy speech.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I think I have reached Peak Happiness. It's all downhill now.

*sobs, paradoxically*

Now begins the long decline to Victor Meldrew-dom
  • Options
    Mr Salmond has the honour of introducing thingy me bob
  • Options
    Leader of Glasgow City Council in the style of Arthur Scargill
  • Options
    TSE is Prince Imran
  • Options

Sun Politics @Sun_Politics

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead up one to four points: CON 34%, LAB 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%

The swingback.......to Labour is definitely happening.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

*sobs, paradoxically*

Just been shooting up?

• Options
    £160k for a tennis game with DC ! Does she get a big O as well ?

• Options
    Watching this opening ceremony has made me think. Around the world this last week we have seen territorial disputes cause the destruction of innocent lives. Yet here in this island with one part in the midst of an independence campaign we see us all celebrating what brings us together. We hear England cheered in Scotland and "God Save the Queen" sung in Celtic Park. Regardless of what happens in the referendum and regardless of our views on that referendum we should recognise this and be proud to be a member of these islands.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    When the Tories put up their billboard posters for the election, I bet they will be defaced with ' paid for by friends of Putin'.

I have noticed already that the Tories are in election mode. I have already had their candidate knocking at the door and several leaflets posted. Nothing from the other parties recently.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Should be remembered that she is getting Cameron AND Boris. So not as stunning as it at first seems. And well short of the $1m that Robert Redford paid Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal.
  • Options
    The Prince cant get the fookin message out LOL

Pissin me sen watching him struggle

Queen cannot believe it
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    hunchman said:

Ridiculous Met Office forecast on the 19th July that led to Heathrow cancelling 20 flights unnecessarily:

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=679&c=5

http://www.weatheraction.com/docs/WANews14No31.pdf

Just one of the many costs of the AGW forecasting madness that masquerades as science. Pull the other one!

Really confused by this post....
  • Options
    Commonwealth Games open

Unlike the fookin message container
  • Options

surbiton said:

Should be remembered that she is getting Cameron AND Boris. So not as stunning as it at first seems. And well short of the $1m that Robert Redford paid Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal.
    Threesome ! Then these two are public school types. They were born for it.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    There's no exchange markets for any of these 3-way marginals which is a shame as,if the apparent volatility of the Ashcroft polling continues,just back who is ever last last week to come first this week.
    Sometimes I wonder if it's possible for this site to set one up,Pb Exchange.Might need a little liquidity-I think it's called that,or working capital is an alternative.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087
    Quite amusing 'What sport are you suited for' quiz on the BBC, taking into account height, pain tolerance, communication skill, co-ordination and the like. Apparently I am best suited, inasmuch as is possible, for Netball.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28062001
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kle4 said:

Quite amusing 'What sport are you suited for' quiz on the BBC, taking into account height, pain tolerance, communication skill, co-ordination and the like. Apparently I am best suited, inasmuch as is possible, for Netball.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28062001

Lawn bowls.

LOL.

edit: third was weightlifting. lmao thanks for the laugh!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Threesome ! Then these two are public school types. They were born for it.
    I understand it's a doubles match, so that makes four of them. Unless it's singles in which case I presume Boris/Dave are going to take it in turns? Both at the same time wouldn't really be fair.

• Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Rosebud said:

FPT

That is cracking news. And welcome!

Were you also responsible for Mike's special teacher-by-constituency map a few days back?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    I'm loving that sports suitability tester. Long distance cycling, boxing & wrestling.

Crap at bowls and diving apparently.
  • Options
    surbiton said:
    He's showing his respect for women. He's even prepared to play a competitive tennis match against one. What with his new found fondness for women in cabinet, I wouldn't be surprised if he even lets her win. You have to let them feel important from time to time.

• Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    SeanT said:

*sobs, paradoxically*

Sean really, really liked the commonwealth opening
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,618
    Indyref "Yes" vote nailed on :)
  • Options

surbiton said:

Should be remembered that she is getting Cameron AND Boris.
    A Bullingdon Sandwich?
  • Options
    Sunil, you must be disappointed HM didn't use (what must be given no foreign travel) her final opportunity to reorganise the Commonwealth for a 'safe and secure society' ;-)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sunil, you must be disappointed HM didn't use (what must be given no foreign travel) her final opportunity to reorganise the Commonwealth for a 'safe and secure society' ;-)

"It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy. I love the Republic Commonwealth. Once this crisis has abated, I will lay down the powers you have given me!"
  • Options

RobD said:

"It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy. I love the Republic Commonwealth. Once this crisis has abated, I will lay down the powers you have given me!"
    "As my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing threats of the Separatist."

How apt :')
  • Options
    Grand Army of the Commonwealth :)
  • Options

Grand Army of the Commonwealth :)

If only there was a like button :p
  • Options
    “i desire not to keep my place in this government an hour longer than i may preserve england in it’s just rights, and may protect the people of god in such a just liberty of their consciences....”
  • Options
    Star Wars is pish, by the way
  • Options
    edited July 2014

“i desire not to keep my place in this government an hour longer than i may preserve england in it’s just rights, and may protect the people of god in such a just liberty of their consciences....”

If I ran the Commonwealth, I would annex "invite" all the light blue and yellow states and territories on this map to join in.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Commonwealth_and_Anglosphere.svg
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,157
    Related to the thing about police spying on the families of their victims, I hope Andrew Mitchell has learned how to use Tor.
  • Options

The first three films are great fantastic (1977-1983), especially Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back - but sadly not the prequels made in 1999-2005.
  • Options

The first three films are great fantastic (1977-1983), especially Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back - but sadly not the prequels made in 1999-2005.
    Yeah, the first two are all right (they were more than all right when I was a)6 years old and b) 9 years old. But I am more or less an adult now :)

I haven't got round to return of the jedi yet (No spoilers please. tho I'm guessing that the jedi are coming back)

I guess its more the excessive adulation the films are subject to rather than the films themselves which is pish.

Disney has (so far) totally missed a trick in not casting mickey mouse in new star wars films. Though I suppose its only fair to sort out Mark Hammill's pension plan first.
  • Options

If I ran the Commonwealth, I would annex "invite" all the light blue and yellow states and territories on this map to join in.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Commonwealth_and_Anglosphere.svg
    you're invading the philipines?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,315
    Tax top football clubs and betting industry to fund school sport, says Harman: Labour will introduce levies if it wins the election

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703501/Tax-football-clubs-betting-industry-fund-school-sport-says-Harman-Labour-introduce-levies-wins-election.html

Leopards and changing spots....of course, just keep on taxing.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Attitude magazine has been published, with its annual list of the top 100 sexiest men (as voted for by the readers of Attitude magazine, not according to WAAAAGH). It is a sobering thought that if things had been only slightly different on Monday, 4 of those 100 would now be dead.
  • Options
    JohnLoony said:

Attitude magazine has been published, with its annual list of the top 100 sexiest men (as voted for by the readers of Attitude magazine, not according to WAAAAGH). It is a sobering thought that if things had been only slightly different on Monday, 4 of those 100 would now be dead.

Seeing the front page, I need to go to the gym.. hah.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Which post 1980 party leader are you, very unscientific survey, but I got John Major
    http://usvsth3m.com/post/92530899578/which-post-1980-party-leader-are-you

I’m Robert Maclennan. Never heard of him.
    Yes, you have heard of Robert Maclennan. He is extremely famous as having been the leader of the SDP from 1987 to 1988. If you are too young to remember that, then you are an impertinent young ragamuffin and you should be whipped until you learn to be older like the rest of us normal people.
  • Options
    RosebudRosebud Posts: 11

Rosebud said:

That is cracking news. And welcome!

Were you also responsible for Mike's special teacher-by-constituency map a few days back?

Yes, that was my map. I am on Twitter as @election_data. I'm doing analysis of the census data since 2001 showing which direction the country is heading (similar to Teixeira's work in the US). Which means I have a mountain of census data to trawl through - including the number of teachers in each constituency!
This discussion has been closed.