Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,688
edited July 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

To all you lurkers, if you’re thinking Better the Devil You Know, nighthawks is Especially for You, it gives you a chance to delurk. I Should Be So Lucky if a few of you delurked.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    First?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,487
    I think I'm going to love this opening ceremony as much as I did the London 2012 one

Mark Chapman ‏@markchapman 43s

John Murray has just said on @bbc5live that Supergran features in @Glasgow2014 opening ceremony. pic.twitter.com/z1xpVLIp97
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    Just watching the T20, this lad Stephen Crook looks good.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

I think I'm going to love this opening ceremony as much as I did the London 2012 one

John Murray has just said on @bbc5live that Supergran features in @Glasgow2014 opening ceremony. pic.twitter.com/z1xpVLIp97

That's Mrs Salmond innit ?
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    edited July 2014
    Shifting the odds on a YES vote this coming September?

"David Cameron considers basing himself in Scotland before referendum
    Lib Dems oppose idea of prime minister spending up to two weeks in Scotland, claiming he could damage the no campaign"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/23/david-cameron-basing-himself-scotland-ahead-referendum
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    Have they still got Sharon Davies poolside with the prominent, er, microphone?

Hopefully not replaced by Susan Boyle
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    Good evening, everyone.

Adam West's my favourite Batman. Only seen the first of the recent trilogy but they were so scared of repeating the Joel Schumacher mistake(s) they went far too far the other way. No levity, humour, lightness. All must be dark. Bah.
  • Options
    Yay John Barrowman
  • Options
    Wait so Scotland invented camp ?
  • Options
    O/T

It seems that Mike has seriously edited the number of links displayed on the right hand side of these posts, including one or two surprising deletions.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    I find it hard to believe Emily Benn, whatever reasons she might actually believe, is running for any other primary reason than that it is the family business, and that she was selected in part for the same reason. The sorts of charismatic, genius and mature figures who get chosen to wield power at the age of 20 (when she first stood for parliament) without the strength of family names, is probably quite rare in the history of the world, and her pitch seems to be that despite family background she is just a normal person, if one from a very fortunate background, who has a lot to offer the people. I shall remember that one the next time someone infers rich Tories cannot possibly know anything about how to help people. But it is not much of an argument for or against her either way.

I also fail to find any explanation by what she means about how we must start 'doing politics in a different way'. What does 'With the technology we have available now, why not let individuals and communities have more control and real power over their own lives' mean? I wouldn't expect anyone to lay out a detailed proposal in a short newspaper piece, but her words on it sound as cliche as any other politician, hardly an intent to do things differently. Hell, you get 30year veterans of politics claiming they are the right person to change the culture and nature of politics too.

Wisdom does not automatically come from age and experience. It is possible for someone as young as Emily Benn or even younger to be the perfect sort to be an MP even at that age. But that piece at 11 does nothing to dispel the worries that I have at the sort of person who stands for Parliament at the age of 20 (selected at 17 apparently) and has the connections to make that happen, that they are not some politics obsessed wonk. Yeah, she works in the private sector and uses the train like everyone else. She also has spent 7 years out of 24 working to become an MP, and if she loses in 2015, no doubt will spend another five years preparing for another run, which makes her pointing out how she does not currently work in politics pretty hollow. It has clearly been her driving motivation her entire adult life. Commendable dedication from such a young age, but also has the potential that she sees being an MP as just the normal thing to do, what she is expected to do for the name.

I don't even care about MPs being ordinary people, or reflective of a community, or any such thing. If people wanted to elected a 19 year old or 119 year old, then so long as they make that choice freely, that's up to them and maybe that person would do a great job. But I cannot make myself think that the claims that her selection have nothing to with her lineage are very credible, given the shallowness of her pitch (granted, to the Telegraph, hardly her key demographic).

Also I'm jealous of her intelligence and drive at such a young age
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Yay John Barrowman

I like it so far.

• Options

Yay John Barrowman

I like it so far.

So am I, I'll be gutted if they don't include C U Jimmy in this though

• Options
    No.7 is a no win situation for Cameron. I am reliably informed that everything he does or doesn't do harms the No campaign. At least if he bases himself there for a few weeks he cannot be accused of shirking his responsibility as PM to try to keep the Union together, even if it ends up being counter-productive I guess.
  • Options
    Mr. Putney, oh?

No enormo-haddock inclusion, alas.
  • Options
    Annie Lennox has aged well mind you.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,931
    edited July 2014
    More Thurrock (inc a map with my house on)

http://election-data.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/thurrock.html
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kle4 said:

No.7 is a no win situation for Cameron. I am reliably informed that everything he does or doesn't do harms the No campaign. At least if he bases himself there for a few weeks he cannot be accused of shirking his responsibility as PM to try to keep the Union together, even if it ends up being counter-productive I guess.

Oh it's a win win for Dave.

If No wins, he's the PM that saved the Union.

If Yes wins, he's the Tory PM that got rid of 58 non Tory MPs.
  • Options
    If they don't feature Karen Gillan in this, this will be a rubbish opening ceremony.
  • Options
    The bigwig who Balls fired after the Baby P tragedy has reportedly been given around two-thirds of a million pounds:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28454800
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    The Emily Benn thing is interesting.

Will background be more important in 2015 than before? Is it possible people might vote tactically against professional politicians and family business types, whatever their party stripe?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Mentioned on last thread but will repeatez-vouz

UKIP appoint mixed race Migration spokesman, Steven Woolfe... How will this affect "racist" campaigns from other parties/partisan media?

"Mr Woolfe said: "This is a very exciting challenge going into a general election. UKIP won the migration debate in the European elections, but I know we can win even bigger if we make some space for a positive message on migration which answers the concerns of the public while also recognising the contribution that many migrants have made to our society."

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_leader_nigel_farage_announces_two_key_frontbench_spokesmen_roles_with_more_to_follow
  • Options
    No. 10 A new kind of right-wing politics is sprouting throughout the world.

Oh what a terrifying thought. I can see the thinking that the right wing is changing and adapting and could be a genuine challenge to the left wing globally, and the bit on obsession with being left behind in some global race strikes a chord, although the evidence of such nationalism as described in pointless aircraft carriers, IT projects and other wasteful messes must also result from whatever the latest trend in left wing politics is, given they seem to happen regardless of who is in power. I've seen people try to explain why IT projects are near as bad or even as bad as defence procurement for absurd waste and failure, but even that task is pretty daunting.

With the intent to drive away the existing problem of "institutions of government which aren’t close enough to where people live and work, which don’t give cities in particular the chance to shape their own destiny", I do wonder if Labour might try to reverse the trend of authorities becoming unitary and the like. Sure it is done to save money, but it moves yet more institutions of (local) government further away from where people live.
  • Options

The bigwig who Balls fired after the Baby P tragedy has reportedly been given around two-thirds of a million pounds:

But Ms Shoesmith told the BBC: "This is not a figure I recognise."

That's a bit of a get-out clause... it could be off by £1 and that statement would still be accurate. Ugh.
  • Options

If they don't feature Karen Gillan in this, this will be a rubbish opening ceremony.

Amy Macdonald makes up for it ;-)

• Options
    No.12

The wargame that Cummings participated in back in 2010 and the scorecards that will be drawn up of it reflected a wider truth, namely that human forecasting skills, even those of experts, are not brilliant; we love our hunches and our theories and hate to be wrong. Perhaps this is an obvious truth but it is that appears to be forgotten at times in the practice of politics.

Nonsense. I see no connection with my or others' predictions in politics there.
  • Options
    RobD said:

But Ms Shoesmith told the BBC: "This is not a figure I recognise."

That's a bit of a get-out clause... it could be off by £1 and that statement would still be accurate. Ugh.
    It is nice that the law of the land is upheld against Ministers who respond with kneejerk responses.
  • Options

Amy Macdonald makes up for it ;-)

But she's not ginger. I love gingers.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    Smarmeron If I were Cameron I would stay in Aberdeenshire where his family had their Scottish estate and hold cabinet in Aberdeen
  • Options
    Mr. D, indeed.
  • Options
    Here come the Red Arrows excellent as ever , saw them on display at Fairford a fortnight ago, followed by the Queen
  • Options
    NO.3

Where “Five Snubs” Gordon Brown had to settle for an encounter in a UN kitchen, his successor got 25 minutes to discuss what a spokesperson called “issues including the situation in Ukraine, Gaza and the future of the EU… the economy, climate change and the approaching referendum in Scotland”.

With that facility for speed statesmanship, it would hardly have seemed surprising if the two leaders had also ruminated on Rory McIlroy’s win in the Open and whether Nick Clegg was wise to cook an avocado cake for daytime television

An actually pretty good line from a political story. Bravo. I do disagree that Miliband must rouse himself from what his caution causes, I think when he goes bold it often works for him, but I think he can without going bold. He should go bolder, it does seem he's left open to people constructing a narrative around him while he is so cautious, but will he? I'd guess no, but he seems able to pick his moments.
  • Options
    Vive La France!
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,315
    very contrived this Commonwealth Games thing. Not at all interested I hope the expenditure comes out of a future independent Scotland's budget.

What on earth meanwhile is the Queen's car doing? Does it have oval wheels?
  • Options
    This Scottish Commonwealth Games is what the London Olympics would have been like if hosted by Alan Partridge.
  • Options
    Disappointed, in 2012, she parachuted into the stadium, this time The Queen turns up in a car.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    How will this affect "racist" campaigns from other parties/partisan media?

I think even the dimmer left wingers have worked out that calling UKIP a bunch of racists is counterproductive.
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    isam said:

Spent quite a bit of time in Thurrock at Arena Essex raceway very close to J31 on the M25 - at least its in a favourable UKIP area by the looks of it!
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    HYUFD said:

Here come the Red Arrows excellent as ever , saw them on display at Fairford a fortnight ago, followed by the Queen

If she's following the red arrows then that's one-upping her parachuting into London 2012.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

HYUFD said:

If she's following the red arrows then that's one-upping her parachuting into London 2012.
    LOL.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    God save our Queen,in celtic park ;-)

Time's are a changing ;-)
  • Options
    The latter verses omitted for sensitivity reasons.
  • Options
    TSE - I'm surprised that "Energizer" hasn't featured in your list of Nighthawks topics (unless I've missed it).
    Does anyone think that this story, if true, is likely to impact positively or negatively on Hillary's political ambitions?
  • Options

TSE - I'm surprised that "Energizer" hasn't featured in your list of Nighthawks topics (unless I've missed it).
    Does anyone think that this story, if true, is likely to impact positively or negatively on Hillary's political ambitions?

It was in last night's nighthawks
  • Options
    Would the mainstream media now like to apologise to us for their stories about the rebels in eastern Ukraine hiding the black boxes from MH17 which are now back at Farnborough for investigation? Yet another incidence where the Ukranian government has been caught lying with its pants down. Arguably the black box should have gone to a neutral country in this increasingly ridiculous international spat. The following article sums up things quite well:

http://www.acting-man.com/?p=31942
  • Options

An awesome moment - fullest the stadium has been for 2 years too.
  • Options

Mr. Putney, oh?

No enormo-haddock inclusion, alas.

(and other(s) close to home)
  • Options
    Anyone want to guess what the Queen's message in the baton was? ;-)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

very contrived this Commonwealth Games thing. Not at all interested I hope the expenditure comes out of a future independent Scotland's budget.

Me too. But I hope the Scottish team do really well to fire up the Scottish appetite for independence and give Better Off Together something to worry about. Its strange to think that the Edinburgh 1986 games had about 1,500 athletes but seemed a far bigger event at the time. However the BBC fell flat on their face at that one as for months in advance they were hyping up the 1500m Coe Cram contest, only for Coe to have to pull out feeling unwell IIRC. Glasgow has about 7,100 athletes but who cares about the Commonwealth these days. And to think it still had 'Empire' in the title as late as 1966!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_Games
  • Options
    Is this man in attendance in Glasgow?! Never heard of him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunku_Muda_Serting_Imran
  • Options
    hunchman said:

Is this man in attendance in Glasgow?! Never heard of him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunku_Muda_Serting_Imran

Yes he was introduced a while back with the head of the Glasgow games and some other functionary.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hunchman said:

isam said:

Spent quite a bit of time in Thurrock at Arena Essex raceway very close to J31 on the M25 - at least its in a favourable UKIP area by the looks of it!
    If I am reading the key to that map correctly, UKIP go down badly in the River Thames part of Thurrock, and are neutral on the M25 and A13. Everywhere else pretty good
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,466
    hunchman said:

Would the mainstream media now like to apologise to us for their stories about the rebels in eastern Ukraine hiding the black boxes from MH17 which are now back at Farnborough for investigation? Yet another incidence where the Ukranian government has been caught lying with its pants down. Arguably the black box should have gone to a neutral country in this increasingly ridiculous international spat. The following article sums up things quite well:

Whilst they're at it, they may want to apologise to the man who has become the iconic 'inhuman separatist Putin boot boy looter' in the Western Press - http://crimefiles.net/files/2014/07/A-pro-Russian-separatist-holds-up-a-stuffed-toy-found-at-the-crash-site-mh17-image-www.crimefiles.net_.jpg

Who it turns out, held up the toy, said “We want those bastards to see whom they shot down, Do you see?”

'Then he carefully put the toy back to a heap of other items that used to belong to the passengers. After that he took off his cap and marked himself with a sign of the cross paying the tribute to the memory of the victims of the catastrophe.'

All on video here, on 'that Russian propaganda site' RT:
    http://rt.com/news/174332-ukraine-plane-photo-perverted/

• Options
    hunchman said:

TOPPING said:

I hope the Scottish team do really well to fire up the Scottish appetite for independence
    Could happen, although it would be a bit awkward for those in the Scottish team who might personally be pro-Union, if amusing.
  • Options
    It's like a cross between Children in Need and a Caledonian MacBrayne advert.
  • Options
    TSE ...... and also what about the prospects of the fragrant Selina Scott succeeding William Hague in Richmond (according to The Daily Telegraph) ?
  • Options

Disappointed, in 2012, she parachuted into the stadium, this time The Queen turns up in a car.

With comedy wheels though. Looked safer jumping out of the helicopter
  • Options
    Edin_RokzEdin_Rokz Posts: 516
    Something a lot of people have missed. Salmond has suggested agreement that Orkney, Shetland and the Western Isles can have their own referendum to stay or not under Holyrood Government, go under Norway or stay under Westminster.

There is another option. Go Independent!

This will of course, cause severe anal discomfort to the financial plans of Salmond, Swinney and Sturgeon.

If, and as it stands it is only remote, Scotland votes Yes, then others may wish to hold their own referendum. Could the cities of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth and Dundee decide that they would like to become free trade cities?

Edinburgh has long regarded itself as the cash cow to maintain the Weegies in the style to which it has become accustomed to. And Glasgow has long become the vampire sucking the finances of many areas of Scotland.

Funny as it may seem, I can look forward to Glasgow actually standing up to be counted. It is a vibrant city full of people who hope for a future but held back by limitless funds to help the so called impoverished. Give Glasgow, and the other cities, towns and villages back their Provosts (Mayors, to all those disadvantaged south of the border) and councils to actually control the finances of their areas.

Can I see this happening? Unfortunately, No. The centralising of power into Holyrood under the SNP is beginning to become scary. A prime example, although not the only one, is allowing armed Police Officers to patrol and respond to normal incidents.

True, the number of armed officers (430) is, at the moment, minimal. But the precedent has been set, and allowed, without oversight of Holyrood. The excuse of Sir Stephen House is that this is an operational decision. No matter that crimes of violence, let alone fire arm offences is decreasing year on year from 2000.

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Bad idea linking the fundraising appeal to the opening ceremony.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    And what an incredibly sight, the Red Arrows doing a flypast over Celtic Park displaying the colours of the Union Jack as the Queen arrives and the National Anthem is sung inside the Stadium.
    TGOHF said:

An awesome moment - fullest the stadium has been for 2 years too.
  • Options

With comedy wheels though. Looked safer jumping out of the helicopter
    So your majesty here's how we see it: you will arrive in your usual car but here's the great thing, the wheels....
  • Options

Good practice for the trips to the IMF post Indy.

• Options

TSE ...... and also what about the prospects of the fragrant Selina Scott succeeding William Hague in Richmond (according to The Daily Telegraph) ?

I hope so, might make me move back to Middleton Tyas
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Pudsey will be competing in the interpretative gymnastics.
  • Options
    Oohh Niue have a nice flag
  • Options
    Is this the first role that Ewan Mcgregor didn't get his todger out for?
  • Options
    Sun Politics @Sun_Politics

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead up one to four points: CON 34%, LAB 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%
  • Options

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead up one to four points: CON 34%, LAB 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%

For as long as the Tories poll at or close to the mid-thirties at this stage of the cycle, they're well and truly in the contest.
  • Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955

Good on you.

As you are a devoted Tory I would've assumed you didn't like the Olympics opening, with its celebration of our NHS and assorted "lefty multicultural crap".
  • Options
    Corporal, yes could have phased that slightly better, the Queen not been flung by rocket launcher into the stadium
  • Options
  • Options

hunchman said:

Whilst they're at it, they may want to apologise to the man who has become the iconic 'inhuman separatist Putin boot boy looter' in the Western Press - http://crimefiles.net/files/2014/07/A-pro-Russian-separatist-holds-up-a-stuffed-toy-found-at-the-crash-site-mh17-image-www.crimefiles.net_.jpg

Who it turns out, held up the toy, said “We want those bastards to see whom they shot down, Do you see?”

'Then he carefully put the toy back to a heap of other items that used to belong to the passengers. After that he took off his cap and marked himself with a sign of the cross paying the tribute to the memory of the victims of the catastrophe.'

All on video here, on 'that Russian propaganda site' RT:
    http://rt.com/news/174332-ukraine-plane-photo-perverted/

Very interesting - thanks
  • Options

For as long as the Tories poll at or close to the mid-thirties at this stage of the cycle, they're well and truly in the contest.
    Indeed, and leading with ICM....
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Good on you.

As you are a devoted Tory I would've assumed you didn't like the Olympics opening, with its celebration of our NHS and assorted "lefty multicultural crap".
    Wrong.
  • Options
    Michael Vaughan ‏@MichaelVaughan 2m

Can't wait for Yorkshire to come out ... #CommonwealthGames
  • Options
    Tonights You Gov (ukpr) LAB 347 CON 260 Others 43

Ed is crap is PM
  • Options
    Jonathan ‏@jj34 11m

Maccabi Haifa players were assaulted tonight by an anti-Israel mob during a "friendly" match against Lille. Sickening

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtQdpA3CUAA1Bvl.jpg
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

k
    The big difference being that the most the Tories can hope for is another hung parliament while LAB can win a majority

• Options

Hugh said:

Good on you.

Wrong.
    I know I was! That's why I said good on you, as some of your fellow Tories hated the Olympics opening.

Interesting that your Top 3 links concern Ed Miliband by the way.

I only (barely) noticed the lefty-righty yougov one personally, so thanks for the others.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Jonathan ‏@jj34 11m

Maccabi Haifa players were assaulted tonight by an anti-Israel mob during a "friendly" match against Lille. Sickening

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtQdpA3CUAA1Bvl.jpg

Hope the Lille players were alright as well including Vincent Enyeama - he really impressed me at the world cup apart from his mistake for the French goal in the last 16:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Enyeama

As a former Hapoel player, it must have been rather interesting to say the least.
  • Options

k
    The big difference being that the most the Tories can hope for is another hung parliament while LAB can win a majority

True no doubt.

But the Coalition, rise of UKIP (and Greens!) and collapse of the Lib Dems means a new dynamic that could make 2015 a big shock to someone (not least pollsters and gamblers).
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

Good on you.

Wrong.
    I know I was! That's why I said good on you, as some of your fellow Tories hated the Olympics opening.

I only (barely) noticed the lefty-righty yougov one personally, so thanks for the others.
    Have we got any bets on the GE?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,963
    Re item 18. My favourite stupid joke of they week:

16 sodium atoms walk into a bar followed by Batman.
  • Options
    What this needs is for Salmond to storm onto the stage clad as Wallace shouting 'freedom' and the Queen to simply exclaim 'no thanks' releasing a trapdoor into which Alex falls into the lap of Sir Sean Connery!
  • Options
    DanBarkrDanBarkr Posts: 17
    edited July 2014
    Smarmeron said:

Shifting the odds on a YES vote this coming September?

"David Cameron considers basing himself in Scotland before referendum
    Lib Dems oppose idea of prime minister spending up to two weeks in Scotland, claiming he could damage the no campaign"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/23/david-cameron-basing-himself-scotland-ahead-referendum

Nah - I think he is just testing the waters and showing why he can't go up to his own party. And I would also suggest his negative influence is exaggerated greatly.
  • Options
    isam said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

Good on you.

Wrong.

I THINK we've got a very very small charity bet on something, and if you remind me I'll obviously honour it. Was it a Clegg / Farage thing?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Iraq: There is a lot of action on the outskirts of Baghdad, alot.

There is no doubt the Sunnis are testing things out. both my harassment attacks inside the city and attacks in force in the Bagdhad environs, particularly to the north of Baghdad.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

Good on you.

Wrong.

I THINK we've got a very very small charity bet on something, and if you remind me I'll obviously honour it. Was it a Clegg / Farage thing?
    Cant remember that to be honest
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344

It's like weighing oneself every day during an ineffective diet and trying to believe that something is happening.
  • Options
    Times are a changing,scottish crowd in celtic park cheering English team ;-)
  • Options

Times are a changing,scottish crowd in celtic park cheering English team ;-)

Big red hand up in a minute when Norn Iron enter...
  • Options

It's like weighing oneself every day during an ineffective diet and trying to believe that something is happening.
    But next week, for sure, will be when things start changing. They know it.
  • Options
    Ridiculous Met Office forecast on the 19th July that led to Heathrow cancelling 20 flights unnecessarily:

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=679&c=5

http://www.weatheraction.com/docs/WANews14No31.pdf

Just one of the many costs of the AGW forecasting madness that masquerades as science. Pull the other one!
  • Options
    NP/OGH Of course if you add the UKIP and Tory votes together the Tories probably would have a majority, but the chances of that happening next year are vanishingly small, hence as you suggest the best the Tories can likely hope for is a hung parliament
  • Options
    Belize Cayman Island IOM

Tax Haven Games

Where is Gary Barlow
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

NP/OGH Of course if you add the UKIP and Tory votes together the Tories probably would have a majority, but the chances of that happening next year are vanishingly small, hence as you suggest the best the Tories can likely hope for is a hung parliament

Yes and if you add the Labour, Lib Dem and Green vote together than the Labour-Lib-Grn Party would have a whopping majority.
  • Options

Belize Cayman Island IOM

Tax Haven Games

Where is Gary Barlow

The UK is becoming one big tax dodge under millionaires Cameron and Osborne.

They're all in it together.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Belize Cayman Island IOM

Tax Haven Games

Where is Gary Barlow

The UK is becoming one big tax dodge under millionaires Cameron and Osborne.

They're all in it together.

How dare they keep their own money - it belongs to the state !
  • Options
    Not a deep fried Mars Bar to be seen they are taking this UNICEF thing too far now
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    FPT
    Rosebud said:

I've done a profile of Thanet South seat for The Spectator a while back. I can assure people Labour like their chances here. But it's a bit of lift imo. An interesting demographic story is the influx of new residents since HS1. Many if the newer residents are younger professionals and Labour. Nobody has tracked it because it's relatively recent.

Does this mean that you are venerable Ian Warren?

If so it would be fantastic to see you posting more on PB.
This discussion has been closed.