Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why Blairites like John Rentoul have got to stop looking at

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    @TC

Sorry, what are my views on family? Do enlighten us.
  • Options
    @SO

We learn so much about ourselves from the PB Tories.

This is because PB Tories are ultimately much better people than lefties, that we know from PB.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,593
    JackW said:

@Shadsy notes a long odds winner.

I'm still waiting for him to post prices on Mike Smithson winning the Tour de France whilst wearing Burnley FC lycra and jointed sponsored by UKIP, John Rentoul and the Belgravia Hair Centre.

If he had only entered this year he would have been in with a chance the way things are going.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,818
    edited July 2014
    Sleazy broken UKIP and the Lib Dems on the slide

Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 10s

Ashcroft National Poll, 11-13 July: CON 32% (+5), LAB 36% (+2) LDEM 7% (-4) UKIP 14% (-1). Full details on @ConHome, 4pm.
  • Options
    @TSE

I fully expected a Green lead with Milord today.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,900
    edited July 2014
    Sean_F said:

isam said:

On the Tory whistleblower, it may be wise to wait for corroboration.....

Mr Gilberthorpe, is frank about the battles he has fought with bankruptcy and depression and frustrations over his failed political ambitions.

Last night he said: “Yes, I was very angry about how the Tory party had used me and then later snubbed me. But none of that alters what I saw.

“Yes, I have had my fair share of issues and problems in the past but it doesn’t change what happened and what I saw those men doing.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-margaret-3849172#ixzz37S6nMq4w

Sounds like the kind of thing people said about troubled/badly behaved kids from children's homes who report they were abused by celebrities

Celebrity charity campaigners word against a kid who's been caught thieving?
    If Gilberthorpe really is telling the truth, then he should go to the police.
    Maybe he is still waiting for the evidence to 'emerge in time'......

I was asked if there was any evidence and I told him it would emerge in time. The civil servant then said ‘What you’ve said is extremely libelous and ­slanderous. This meeting is finished.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-margaret-3849172#ixzz37SHu6tjH

Tho I doubt a mandarin would suggest the spoken word was libellous.....
  • Options

Ashcroft National Poll, 11-13 July: CON 32% (+5), LAB 36% (+2) LDEM 7% (-4) UKIP 14% (-1). Full details on @ConHome, 4pm.

That's almost boring. What happened this week?
  • Options
    Look at the Tories soar, on this trend since last week, it won't be long until the Tories are in the 40s and out polling Labour
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,941
    Pulpstar said:

slade said:

Contador abandons le Tour after crashing.

Ffsake was avoiding updates on the Tour as was going to watch it when got home ><
    Sorry - won't do it again.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

LDs = Contador

• Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    What happened this week?

GotterDEMerung?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Tories soaring thanks to their new policies on surveillance, the public supports them, and hates those bloody whinging Civil Libertarians who would rather see us blown up by terrorists
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

That is the first Ashcroft Poll to put the combined Labour and Conservative share above their share at GE2010. Outlier! ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Greens are on 6%, one point behind the Yellow Peril and remembers the generous 20/1 odds Neil gave me on the Greens outpolling the LDs
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Not wishing to cast aspersions on the the good lord's methodology, but it does appear to be somewhat er, volatile?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,037

DavidL said:

Tories soaring thanks to their new policies on surveillance, the public supports them, and hates those bloody whinging Civil Libertarians who would rather see us blown up by terrorists
    About that like button... LOL
  • Options

Not wishing to cast aspersions on the the good lord's methodology, but it does appear to be somewhat er, volatile?
    Up and down like a whore's drawers.

Then again, he got the Newark by-election largely right.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited July 2014

Sean_F said:

isam said:

On the Tory whistleblower, it may be wise to wait for corroboration.....

Mr Gilberthorpe, is frank about the battles he has fought with bankruptcy and depression and frustrations over his failed political ambitions.

Last night he said: “Yes, I was very angry about how the Tory party had used me and then later snubbed me. But none of that alters what I saw.

“Yes, I have had my fair share of issues and problems in the past but it doesn’t change what happened and what I saw those men doing.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-margaret-3849172#ixzz37S6nMq4w

Sounds like the kind of thing people said about troubled/badly behaved kids from children's homes who report they were abused by celebrities

Celebrity charity campaigners word against a kid who's been caught thieving?
    If Gilberthorpe really is telling the truth, then he should go to the police.
    Maybe he is still waiting for the evidence to 'emerge in time'......

I was asked if there was any evidence and I told him it would emerge in time. The civil servant then said ‘What you’ve said is extremely libelous and ­slanderous. This meeting is finished.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-margaret-3849172#ixzz37SHu6tjH

Tho I doubt a mandarin would suggest the spoken word was libellous.....
    Lets see how you react next time an ex ukipper, thrown out or deselected, is in the press alleging Farage said this or that... My money's on you not saying a word about the reasons why the claims may be suspect
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

The Greens are on 6%, one point behind the Yellow Peril and remembers the generous 20/1 odds Neil gave me on the Greens outpolling the LDs

If you look at the voting intention conviction columns, then you can see that the Greens lead the Lib Dems by 9 voters to 8, after turnout-weighting.

I expect the Lib Dems to comfortably outpoll the Greens at the next election.
  • Options

If you look at the voting intention conviction columns, then you can see that the Greens lead the Lib Dems by 9 voters to 8, after turnout-weighting.

I expect the Lib Dems to comfortably outpoll the Greens at the next election.
    Indeed, add in the Greens won't stand in all 650 constituencies. but 20/1 was generous from Neil.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,995
    BobaFett said:

@SO

This is because PB Tories are ultimately much better people than lefties, that we know from PB.

Of that there is no doubt! If it were my decision I would withdraw my right to vote, to hold a passport and to have a family. Like you, I am scum.

• Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2014

Up and down like a whore's drawers.

Then again, he got the Newark by-election largely right.
    The wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is Tiggers are wonderful things
    Their tops are made out of rubber
    Their bottoms are made out of springs
    They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
    But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is I'm the only one.

Not so sure that applies to polls though...!
  • Options
    RobD said:

DavidL said:

About that like button... LOL
    Sometimes correlation does equal causation.
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options

BobaFett said:

@SO

Of that there is no doubt! If it were my decision I would withdraw my right to vote, to hold a passport and to have a family. Like you, I am scum.

Now Southam, even putting aside classes of wit you have already said you are not going to vote Labour so there is no need to take your vote away, is there?

• Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    BobaFett said:

@SO

Indeed. It's amazing how much you learn from the PB Tory's radical wing. Wisdom you'll never find in books.

Ah I see we're back to the 'PB Tory' meme - have you forgotten we also eat babies!
  • Options
    Edin_RokzEdin_Rokz Posts: 516
    felix said:

BobaFett said:

@SO

Indeed. It's amazing how much you learn from the PB Tory's radical wing. Wisdom you'll never find in books.

Ah I see we're back to the 'PB Tory' meme - have you forgotten we also eat babies!
    Just the Boy Jelly ones I take it? They are the ones that have that little extra that the Girl ones don't.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,807
    Sean_F said:

MikeP said:

David Cameron's policies, like cutting tax for millionaires or flogging massive chunks of our NHS to Tory donor big business, show that he only understands his own tiny world - that of the super rich.

Ed Miliband's policies, like the energy price freeze or cracking down on rip off rents, show a far greater understanding of what life is actually like for ordinary people.

Whether this is down to personal background or not is irrelevant.

What part of the NHS has been "flogged off to big business"?

Well off people are generally paying more tax than in 2010.

£16.6 billion and counting - the list is too long to quote so here's the link:

http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2014/05/a-definitive-list-of-166bn-worth-of-nhs.html
This discussion has been closed.