Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Opinium poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    JBriskinJBriskin Posts: 2,380
    I am going behind the paywall, as should be customary at this time of night.

Wish me luck - As ever, I shall report back in full comrades.
  • Options
    Am I allowed 2?
  • Options
    Okay,

for the record - I only feel morally allowed to do this because of the time-

May Aide Quits In Gove Row

DAVID CAMERON moved to assert his authority over warring cabinet ministers last night, forcing Theresa May to jettison her closest adviser and ordering Michael Gove to apologise for sparking an extraordinary row over Muslim extremists.

The home secretary’s special adviser Fiona Cunningham was forced to resign after an investigation by cabinet secretary Sir Jeremy Heywood into the rift between Gove and May over Islamist infiltration of state schools in Birmingham. The decision is a serious setback for May, who had vowed to support her aide against what her allies saw as a “vendetta” from Downing Street.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Politics/article1420278.ece

Andy Murray On Feeling British

extract-

Is it starting to come together? How does he feel about the unlikely sex-symbol tag? He looks appalled. “Rejected,” he says of the notion. Yet he has become the curious crush of choice for a gang of devoted A-list fans. Naturally, their number includes noted tennis nut Anna Wintour. “The first time I met her was here in Paris at the Ritz,” he says. “I was late, so I was nervous, but she was fine. I tried not to talk about fashion because I have absolutely no idea. She wasn’t as I expected. She took her sunglasses off.” I bet she did, the minx. Apparently, Kevin Spacey is also fond of surprising him by turning up to his matches, as is Mario Testino, who has photographed Murray in his weights room at home. But then tennis has always been good at delivering posh totty in a way that, say, football never quite manages. It must be the Pimm’s.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/living/article1417826.ece
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,161
    JBriskin said:

Am I allowed 2?

Not a good idea to do this - you're just making work for the moderators. Mostly the same stories are available on a non-paywall site, in which case it's better to just link to them there. If there's something really important that's only on a paywalled site, post a summary rather than copying multiple paragraphs.
  • Options
    Thanks Edmund - I'll know for next time.
This discussion has been closed.