Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Time to make a call. The value bet in Newark is 3-1 that it

124»

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,197
    @Richard_Nabavi A good post, very well made.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited May 2014
    BobaFett said:

@Isam

I didn't take offence actually - you are entitled to your view which was not offensive. I just strongly disagreed with it.

What upsets me about these ultra white suburbs is that they have few immigrants yet are obsessed by immigration. It's very odd indeed. If they were less insular and left Romford once in a while to see what was on offer in more inner areas, they might change their view.

I am from an ultra white working class part of the north/midlands. It is the guys who stayed who are the racists...

The ultra white suburbs are so because people born and bred in London had enough of being surrounded by immigrants.. that's the point! Why do you think so many people leave the East End to live here? Look at the article, the guy from Custom House

White British is now a minority in London, people don't want that to happen here as well

But you haven't been to Romford lately if you think there aren't many immigrants there!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,197
    edited May 2014
    @Bobafett Are you sure you are originally from the Midlands or was it fruit picking country in the east near Newark ?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    edited May 2014
    ''Did none of them think about standing up, and saying that reforms were desperately needed or was the lure of the fees to great? ''

The whole of the bar to me doesn;t amount to much more than a rather well paid fifth column, determined to be commensurately rewarded for hindering government policy at every turn.

The way they have put their case to the public would make a graduate trainee PR employee blush, which is extraordinary considering these are people who make a living putting arguments in the best possible light.

The whole thing is complacent and rotten to the core. Starving it of money may not be the best way to reform it, but it is certainly one way.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,101
    “There will,”[Salmond’s chief spin-doctor] Gunn’s email concluded, “be no more access from the first minister to DC Thomson publications.” As well as the Sunday Post, these include the Dundee Courier and Aberdeen Press & Journal. Given Salmond’s touchiness about cartoons, presumably the ban extends to the Beano too.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=street_of_shame&issue=1365
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    BobaFett said:

@Taffys

Not in the pubs I frequent.

Cue endless posts about 'rich' leftie Londoners... :)

Perhaps it depends on not only which pubs you frequent but how hard to you listen to other peoples' conversations. Until last summer, when my eyesight went pear-shaped, I frequented pubs a lot and I heard views similar to those under discussion in places like the Running Footman in Mayfair, the Jamaica in the City, the Red Lion in Westminster as well as more prosaic boozers in London and Sussex.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    Pulpstar said:

@Bobafett Are you sure you are originally from the Midlands or was it fruit picking country in the east near Newark ?

Newark was in the midlands last time I looked!! Anyway I am not from there originally and I don't give detailed biographical details out on public forums :)

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    On the subject of boozers, may I wish those attending tonight's festival at DDs a very happy time. I wish I could be with you and I will enjoy hearing your stories about it.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,501

Prof Tomkins latest thoughts on the case for the Union:

http://notesfromnorthbritain.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/two-positive-cases/

Have not laughed so much in weeks, Tomkins is a nutjob
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322

Socrates said:

Who is adamant that Cameron would renege on the commitment?

On this thread, Bobafett and anotherDave.

On any random ConHome or Telegraph comments thread, a whole stream of UKIP nutters, usually in comments laced with words like 'lying' and 'LibLabCon'.

You can see why: if they do actually admit the truth that Cameron is neither lying nor untrustworthy, and that therefore there would be a referendum under Cameron, it completely blows their world-view out of the water.
    This isn't a dichotomous situation though. I think Cameron would probably offer a referendum with a majority, but it's not cast-iron. There are always events that could emerge that change it. There are also the possibilities of (a) the Tories not getting a majority and (b) the Tories getting a majority and changing leader.
  • Options
    BBC Propaganda Hits New All-Time Low
    Every half hour BBC News is running a three minute puff piece which is even more sinister for what it hides than for what it says – and By God! That is sinister enough.
    http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/05/bbc-propaganda-hits-new-all-time-low/
  • Options

“There will,”[Salmond’s chief spin-doctor] Gunn’s email concluded, “be no more access from the first minister to DC Thomson publications.” As well as the Sunday Post, these include the Dundee Courier and Aberdeen Press & Journal. Given Salmond’s touchiness about cartoons, presumably the ban extends to the Beano too.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=street_of_shame&issue=1365

You down to having to repost your SNP smears nowadays, surprised you are not involved in VNB.
This discussion has been closed.