Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ComRes: No EP2014 poll boost for either Nigel or Nick follo

2»

Comments

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited April 2014
    RobD said:

Charles said:

FPT

@malcolmg

You claimed that most of RBS's bail out came from the Fed. The link you posted stated than £52.5bn came from the Fed, £75bn from the UK credit scheme and another £35bn from another UK scheme. Not including the UK equity injection scheme and the loan guarantee scheme.

Your original statement was inaccurate.

As for our strategists, they are not "my freeloading friends". They are smart people, who do a difficult job well, and we pay them well for doing it. I've known them for a long time, but staff turnover, especially at a senior level, is a bad thing for a company.

I think malcolm likes to stretch the truth a bit for dramatic effect, I've seen it a few times now. Typically the claim is not that far from being true, but of course it sounds a lot better to say 'most of' rather than 'a lot of' etc.
    Shame it completely undermines his point and his (limited) credibility
  • Options
    Hello everyone, how the hell are you all? I see Plato has gone, and Tim, indeed, Tim. Really, are you not so proud of SeanT, I do think that he has done awfully well. Anyway, I just wanted to say to Stuart, you will get your Independance, it is a fore gone conclusion. So please calm down. Charles, your Bank had some Security problems just now, or not?

I do wish Mike a very happy tenth, I think that I first read this site oh, about seven years ago, whilst I was holed up in Spain.

Farage is a plant, diversification. As brits we have fallen for it throughout generations. Hope Jack W is well.
  • Options
    Not only would I take an unprecedented 30% seven weeks out, but IF I recall correctly, ComRes does not prompt for UKIP. Assuming we’re some kind of “write-in” candidate, at an election we may yet win outright?!?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Murdo Fraser in the Think Scotland blog - Salmond’s Stamp Tax on Scottish business
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Twitter
    Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 3m
    Lynch mob for Maria Miller assembling in tomorrow's Sundays. Mail on Sunday poll says 80% want her to go from Cabinet & Commons.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    It must be quite likely now that UKIP will win the popular vote in England in the European Elections. If Labour are ahead in the UK it will be because of Scotland and Wales.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    New thread & polls at 10pm
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,288
    Wow . No one can say the debate had no effect after that poll.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

Not only would I take an unprecedented 30% seven weeks out, but IF I recall correctly, ComRes does not prompt for UKIP. Assuming we’re some kind of “write-in” candidate, at an election we may yet win outright?!?

It is only the 10/10 filter that put UKIP on 30% , in the whole sample they were actually level with the Conservatives at 24%
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629
    edited April 2014
    @TSE @AndyJS are you listening to Radio 2 (or watching Freeview 302)?
    Sounds of the 80s on the BBC!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629

Pulpstar said:

Nice profit on the national, need Maria Miller who is in running favourite to hack up now.

My Grand National began with Battle Group refusing to run.
    The starter stopped the National the first time round because Battle Group didn't start. Don't know why he stopped it the second time around as Battle Group had started the race. Seeing you backed it maybe it is a bad omen for the Inbreds playing at West Ham......I hope.
    I've backed West Ham to win.
    Pfffft....Inbreds nailed on 4-0.
    Stewart Downing to cross the ball for Andy Carroll to score the winner for West Ham, you read it here first.
    Hopefully West Ham will stay up!
  • Options

It is only the 10/10 filter that put UKIP on 30% , in the whole sample they were actually level with the Conservatives at 24%
    Indeed -but my points still stand.
  • Options
    It wasnt done late enough for it to be influenced. Check out Survation. Huge boost for Ukip.
This discussion has been closed.