Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Ashcroft polling that could most worry the Tories

2»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,266
    edited March 2014

malcolmg said:

BobaFett said:

If anyone believes the world's 14th richest country becoming independent would be a "disaster" they are a hyperbolic plum. Why haven't we learned our lesson? Make the case for the union. The scare stories don't work, they just make it worse.

On what planet would Scotland be the "worlds 14th richest"?

It would tie for 44th with Portugal.......

Can you prove that
    I can google. You should try it sometime....

Yes and up comes lucky 14
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    malcolmg said:

BobaFett said:

If anyone believes the world's 14th richest country becoming independent would be a "disaster" they are a hyperbolic plum. Why haven't we learned our lesson? Make the case for the union. The scare stories don't work, they just make it worse.

sadly they have no case or we would surely have heard it by now. Future in union is more poverty , more foodbanks , more pain, more nuclear missiles. That is all they have and it does not go down well.

People in Scotland see themselves as victims of the English.
    Let them have independence and good riddance.

The rUK will no longer be threatened with Labour governments and without the ball and chain of Scottish negativity, prosperity for rUK stretches into the future as far as the eye can see.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,900
    malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

What should Labour be doing to improve their frankly pathetic efforts to maintain the union.

Physically restraining George Osborne from crossing the border.
    yes, because his statement about currency union really boosted the yes campaign.

You've been following the polling, I see.
    I'm hoping for a yes vote. Sadly I think no will win. Either way I'm on a winner as watching Malcolm go in to meltdown if it's no would only be bettered by watching him go into meltdown following no currency union in the event of a yes.
    There will be no currency union. We will be left debt free using the pound initially before going to our own currency or euro depending on circumstances at some later date. UK will have 5 years to get Trident out and will be happy to keep all the debt as part of the deal.
    I'm not entirely sure you've thought that through......if Scotland reneges on its share of the debt, the rUK does not agree to independence and you don't get into the EU, but apart from that, it's foolproof....

• Options

BobaFett said:

Worse that that - 57th, between Iraq and Bangladesh:

'The latest figures we have for Scotland's GDP are for 2012, and including a share of UK offshore oil the figure is £145bn. This would put Scotland at about 57 in the UN's list of national GDP - between Iraq and Bangladesh.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26614122
    I do believe you are having a laugh, read and weep
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26614122
  • Options

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

What should Labour be doing to improve their frankly pathetic efforts to maintain the union.

yes, because his statement about currency union really boosted the yes campaign.

I'm hoping for a yes vote. Sadly I think no will win. Either way I'm on a winner as watching Malcolm go in to meltdown if it's no would only be bettered by watching him go into meltdown following no currency union in the event of a yes.
    I wonder if he booked his September 19 holiday with Barrhead travel..

He certainly did not , intelligent enough to book my own holidays. That prat has really put his foot into it by trying to browbeat his staff into voting NO. What a deadbeat and his data was incredibly dire , a 5 year old could prove it is mince. Using some Tory halfwits cretinous rants is par for the course for that type of unionist. How did the clown ever build a business, he must have had good staff as on the evidence he is not too bright.
    Tell you what malc if blokes who can create wealth and jobs are an embarassment to Scotland send them down here, we'd be delighted to have them.
    Alan , he should not be brow beating staff , how they vote is their business. The fact he chose to do it with false info and called the Scottish Government liars is pretty pathetic. Trying to say it was his personal opinion now is pathetic, it was a threat.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

If you live in a safe seat of any hue, casting a vote for UKIP will make no difference to the prospects of an Ed Miliband premiership. So the 51% may be absolutely correct in their assessment.

How aware are people of the marginality of their seat though. A poll of marginals asking this question would be of high psephological interest.
    The chart in the Lib Dem leaflet will tell them how marginal it is - with the Lib Dem the only party that can defeat the incumbent. :)
  • Options

malcolmg said:

BobaFett said:

sadly they have no case or we would surely have heard it by now. Future in union is more poverty , more foodbanks , more pain, more nuclear missiles. That is all they have and it does not go down well.

People in Scotland see themselves as victims of the English.
    Let them have independence and good riddance.

The rUK will no longer be threatened with Labour governments and without the ball and chain of Scottish negativity, prosperity for rUK stretches into the future as far as the eye can see.
    Hopefully that will be the case and good luck to you.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

BobaFett said:

Can you prove that
    I can google. You should try it sometime....

Yes and up comes lucky 14
    Per Capita NOT in absolute terms as Bob-a-job claimed......

• Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Europhiles being put up are looking worse than Farage so far; pleasantly surprising lack of hatchets so far.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

There will be no currency union. We will be left debt free using the pound initially before going to our own currency or euro depending on circumstances at some later date. UK will have 5 years to get Trident out and will be happy to keep all the debt as part of the deal.
    I'm not entirely sure you've thought that through......if Scotland reneges on its share of the debt, the rUK does not agree to independence and you don't get into the EU, but apart from that, it's foolproof....

You have the wrong specs , where did you read renage. I said as part of the deal we will be debt free.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

He certainly did not , intelligent enough to book my own holidays. That prat has really put his foot into it by trying to browbeat his staff into voting NO. What a deadbeat and his data was incredibly dire , a 5 year old could prove it is mince. Using some Tory halfwits cretinous rants is par for the course for that type of unionist. How did the clown ever build a business, he must have had good staff as on the evidence he is not too bright.
    Tell you what malc if blokes who can create wealth and jobs are an embarassment to Scotland send them down here, we'd be delighted to have them.
    They may move down here anyway, if this is what happens when you express an opinion that the thought police don't like....

• Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    Only an eejit would forecast the future GDP-per-capita - :waves-at-Unckie'-Malc' - but here is someones guess for 2050:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/08/21/worlds-richest-countries-2050_n_1819547.html

Where da' feck is Norway...?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Carola said:

isam said:

Carola said:

isam said:

Hour long documentary on Ch4 now "Nigel Farage, Who Are You?"

Sounds like it's being narrated in the style of 'Come Dine with Me'.
    Im taping it, but cant get "Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?" out of my head now!
    Why Scooby Doo?
    "Nigel Farage, Who Are You?"
    "Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?"
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,803
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Alan , he should not be brow beating staff , how they vote is their business. The fact he chose to do it with false info and called the Scottish Government liars is pretty pathetic. Trying to say it was his personal opinion now is pathetic, it was a threat.
    malc do you ever read what Blusterboy Salmond says ? He's quite happy to tell us all we'll rue the day when he wants to. And as for lying well as we're all realising he'll basically say anything to win and worry about the consequences later.
  • Options
    Angry nationalists have called for a boycott of Scotland’s largest independent travel agent after its founder urged staff to disregard the SNP’s “lies” about leaving the UK.

Scores of separatists took to the Internet to castigate Bill Munro, who has built Barrhead Travel into one of the UK’s most successful travel companies, even comparing the entrepreneur to Robert Mugabe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10735256/Cybernats-call-for-Barrhead-Travel-boycott-over-SNP-independence-lies-claim.html
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

You have the wrong specs , where did you read renage. I said as part of the deal we will be debt free.
    On what planet will an rUK govt agree to Scotland being "debt free"?

Delusional does not even come close.....

• Options

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

They may move down here anyway, if this is what happens when you express an opinion that the thought police don't like....

you can understand why even nats won't want to live there. Invest in property in the West Country.
  • Options

Angry nationalists have called for a boycott of Scotland’s largest independent travel agent after its founder urged staff to disregard the SNP’s “lies” about leaving the UK.

Scores of separatists took to the Internet to castigate Bill Munro, who has built Barrhead Travel into one of the UK’s most successful travel companies, even comparing the entrepreneur to Robert Mugabe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10735256/Cybernats-call-for-Barrhead-Travel-boycott-over-SNP-independence-lies-claim.html

so nats want to see 800 Scots lose their jobs ? Genius.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,324

For me the best analysis and forward plan for the UK exit comes not from UKIP but from Dr Richard North and the EUreferendum blog.

http://www.eureferendum.com/documents/BrexitPamphlet001.pdf

I would agree with this wholeheartedly. Whatever your views on the EU, Dr North's piece is well worth reading.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    isam said:

Carola said:

isam said:

Carola said:

isam said:

Hour long documentary on Ch4 now "Nigel Farage, Who Are You?"

Sounds like it's being narrated in the style of 'Come Dine with Me'.
    Im taping it, but cant get "Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?" out of my head now!
    Why Scooby Doo?
    "Nigel Farage, Who Are You?"
    "Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?"

Ah. So far I can't see this doing him any harm with those so inclined.
  • Options

Ah, but they're not true Scots......

• Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Bill Munro is a brave man to speak out despite the Nat climate of intimidation and hate.I'm sure his business will now boom and he deserves every decent person's support.

• Options

Well there's no reason to think 30-40 % of them aren't nats. So nats want about 300 other nats to lose their jobs.

Too stupid. It's the killer every time.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited March 2014
    malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Another classic. Plodding time server and professional plum Malcolm, calling a man who's kept 800 people in employment, a clown.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

you can understand why even nats won't want to live there. Invest in property in the West Country.
    One assumes that in the event of a 'Yes' vote, the Tartan Goons will be hunting down those who voted 'No' to face the consequences. Actually, on second thoughts, they'll do that regardless of the outcome.
  • Options

Too stupid. It's the killer every time.
    maybe it's just as well they are unlikely to set up McI5 and McI6 then:

The SNP's price tag is "entirely meaningless" as it does not take account of the set-up and training costs required, and it is "questionable" whether it could be established in time for the proposed independence day in March 2016, according to RUSI.

While intelligence sharing with the UK and its partners should not be assumed, Westminster would have a "strong incentive" to co-operate with Scotland to prevent a security gap on its northern border, RUSI said.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/national-security-experts-iscotland-may-not-need-its-own-security-force-and.1396283543
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Yasmin should be on TV more often. She's bloody toxic.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Farage on Channel 4 is a hit:

James Whale ‏@THEJamesWhale 15m
    Watching #channel4 @Nigel_Farage Eye opening into the the workings of the #EU or should that be "The New World Order"?

Gary Williams ‏@Godfather83Gw 20m
    @Nigel_Farage I've been following you and ukip for a fair few years now and it just gets better and better. Hat's off to you.

David Buik ‏@truemagic68 22m
    Nigel Farage is utterly illuminating about the totally undemocratic status of the European Union on Channel 4! Totally brilliant exposure!

Daniel Steadman ‏@DanSteadman84 21m
    @nigel_farage watching C4 and really enjoying it! Relateable and entertaining #ukip #whoareyou

Pirate Bob: Yaaar! ‏@AhmedTheCat 9m
    The problem for #UKIP haters is, Farage comes across as a decent and likeable bloke. Unlike Cameron, Clegg, and Miliband...

I could go on; massive response from the program. PBers who missed it, should watch it and learn.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,324
    edited March 2014
    MikeK said:

Watching #channel4 @Nigel_Farage Eye opening into the the workings of the #EU or should that be "The New World Order"?

@Nigel_Farage I've been following you and ukip for a fair few years now and it just gets better and better. Hat's off to you.

Nigel Farage is utterly illuminating about the totally undemocratic status of the European Union on Channel 4! Totally brilliant exposure!

@nigel_farage watching C4 and really enjoying it! Relateable and entertaining #ukip #whoareyou

The problem for #UKIP haters is, Farage comes across as a decent and likeable bloke. Unlike Cameron, Clegg, and Miliband...

I could go on; massive response from the program. PBers who missed it, should watch it and learn.

Massive response from people who already agreed with him?
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    Having just watched the Ch4 programme on Farage, it is quite obvious that EdM should avoid a debate with him - if he tries it, he will be lost. Farage is rehearsed and can think on his feet.

Kinnock when interviewed was revealed as a pathetic EU trougher who could oinly wibble unconvincing replies to serious questions.
  • Options
    Club Tropicana Nighthawks is now open
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    All the smart Scots invest in properties abroad. Somerset is particularly well served I believe.

It is all part of the grand Scottish imperialist project.

malcolmg said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

Neil said:

saddened said:

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Massive response from people who already agreed with him?
    Not at all. It's been an eye opener to many who laughed at UKIP only days and weeks ago.
    Why don't you have a peep at the program?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,339
    This poll ignores the fact that 45% of UKIP voters voted Tory in 2010, if they could vote for Cameron when Miliband was not even on the ballot no reason they could not do so again if Cameron hammers home the EU referendum issue.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    HYUFD said:

This poll ignores the fact that 45% of UKIP voters voted Tory in 2010, if they could vote for Cameron when Miliband was not even on the ballot no reason they could not do so again if Cameron hammers home the EU referendum issue.

Yes, but the reason those people are now UKIP supporters is that they don't like what the Conservatives have done, or failed to do, while in government.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,339
    AnotherDave Mid term protest, in the privacy of the polling booth given the prospect of Dave and an EU referendum or none, they may well stick to the Tories, after all they can't loathe Cameron like the UKIP core, 'hoodie and husky hugging Dave' was hardly Maggie in 2010 either was he!
  • Options
    BlueberryBlueberry Posts: 408
    That documentary about Farage was very funny.

I know twitter's no barometer but he seems to have gone down well with the youth, unless I'm totally misreading their adjectives.

There's a bit in it where he talks about the ridiculous governance structure of the EU. I don't think I've ever seen that explained on the BBC even though it's in their remit to 'educate'. Dimbleby should ask Clegg to explain and defend it.
This discussion has been closed.