Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Today’s YouGov has CON down to 33 and LAB at 40: Could be a

13»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,041
    new thread!
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,267
    edited March 2014

malcolmg said:

Charles said:

malcolmg said:

Charles , not found it yet, think it was International Business Times. It was a Director of a company in London and he said that 20,000 oil jobs would need to transfer north if there was not a currency union.

malcolm, as you clearly like to defer to people who have Director of an Oil Company on their cv, then as such a person, let me tell you again - the 20,000 number is complete bollocks.

Maybe I am doing you a dis-service, and you too have this on your cv? Nah - thought not....
    I could easily imagine that there are 20,000 oil jobs in England. Not only the head offices but, for instance, all the oil traders etc.

Perhaps they are making the heroic assumption that all of these jobs would need to move north if Scottish oil was in a different currency than sterling? But they may have forgotten that most oil is traded in US dollars...
    It's more likely that Malcolm's simply made the whole thing up.
    You would like to think that but we are not all like you, some people have principles , I have no need to imagine things. Think yourself lucky you are doing it anonymously as you would certainly not say it to my face.
    Perhaps you have misremembered this story?

http://www.scottishenergynews.com/energy_jobs/20000-new-jobs-to-be-created-in-north-sea-oil-and-gas-sector-in-2014/
    No was not that one , but cannot find it , was definitely an article re currency union and this guy who was said to be a director of an oil or oil related company , claimed 20,000 jobs could be moved north if no union. I personally would not have thought there were 20,000 oil jobs in London but who knows , most of our industry is based there.

ps. It was recent so mid last week till Friday.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    malcolmg said:

Charles said:

malcolmg said:

Charles , not found it yet, think it was International Business Times. It was a Director of a company in London and he said that 20,000 oil jobs would need to transfer north if there was not a currency union.

malcolm, as you clearly like to defer to people who have Director of an Oil Company on their cv, then as such a person, let me tell you again - the 20,000 number is complete bollocks.

Maybe I am doing you a dis-service, and you too have this on your cv? Nah - thought not....
    I could easily imagine that there are 20,000 oil jobs in England. Not only the head offices but, for instance, all the oil traders etc.

Perhaps they are making the heroic assumption that all of these jobs would need to move north if Scottish oil was in a different currency than sterling? But they may have forgotten that most oil is traded in US dollars...
    It's more likely that Malcolm's simply made the whole thing up.
    You would like to think that but we are not all like you, some people have principles , I have no need to imagine things. Think yourself lucky you are doing it anonymously as you would certainly not say it to my face.
    Typical Nat. Resorting to threats of thuggery and violence.
This discussion has been closed.