Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,698
edited March 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is now open

Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,954
    1) Yes they can. Labour can ignore it and still win handsomely. They shouldn't, but they're in no danger.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    @Tyke

It's quite worrying that it's pretty hard for seasoned England fans like us to name our starting XI.

One thing in our favour - at least the hype won't follow us this time.

Defence is the main issue.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    Last time I was in a school where teachers were responsible for giving careers advice was... erm... never.
  • Options
    2) Is an intriguing thought, as I've seen the same thought expressed for the Tory old guard/ That is, defeat in one term by Ed M would lead the Tories to stop reforming and modernizing and get back to their roots and, so the theory goes, regain support. Even the article suggests a lurch to the right would be a possibility.

Clearly more and more people are trying to see the positives in an Ed M victory they do not actually want but see as almost inevitable.
  • Options
    2. "Once-proud Tory heartlands like Sheffield and Manchester now have not even a single Conservative councillor."

When were they proud Tory heartlands?
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    kle4 said:

1) Yes they can. Labour can ignore it and still win handsomely. They shouldn't, but they're in no danger.

Can you please keep this to yourself please. I enjoy the different reasons people post that they say will lead to a Tory majority and your dose of reality may put them off. Have you never heard of swingback?
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Surely the England cricket team can't throw this away ;-)
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

2. "Once-proud Tory heartlands like Sheffield and Manchester now have not even a single Conservative councillor."

Sheffield City Council was Tory held in the 60s and 70s.
  • Options

BobaFett said:

That is absolutely amazing. Thanks.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

That is absolutely amazing. Thanks.
    That should have read Tory held in either the 60s or 70s
  • Options
    12) I am so sick of that argument. Our problem is we spend too much time looking in the mirror, and focusing on our own hypocrisy, that we for some reason think that means Russia is free from it. Jones acknowledges that point briefly, but still says that just means the focus should remain to 'force us to consider how the rest of the world looks at us'. We personally do need to be aware of the realities of our own actions and how it is about our own advantage, but I don't think that means we cannot ever act (not that acting in this latest situation may be correct, options are very limited). We are not as honourable as our rhetoric in foreign affairs suggests? Well colour me shocked. Guilty as charged, but we still have the same right as any other nation to act, or not act, in the best interests of this nation without feeling as though doing so makes us worse than the other parties.

I'll say this though: he is spot on when he says "International law is treated by Great Powers as a convenient stick to beat opponents with, to be discarded when it is inconvenient."
  • Options

Not doable - I hope! We need to crack this partnership though.

More's to the point, why have we ended up with the cricketers and the footballers playing on the same night again? Do the schedulers just ignore one another?
  • Options
    I may be wrong, however, the last Tory councillor was in Manchester was a Lib Dem councillor who defected. He then lost at his first re-election attempt. Struggling to find when the last time the Tory Party run Manchester.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Not doable - I hope! We need to crack this partnership though.

More's to the point, why have we ended up with the cricketers and the footballers playing on the same night again? Do the schedulers just ignore one another?
    The schedulers only get to together, when they are both playing at home.

I don't think England play a London test when England play at Wembley.
  • Options
    @TSE

While I remember, I was intrigued by NickP's forecast this morning that the government might fall just short of term, in early 2015. Any chance of a thread on this prospect at some point? Cheers.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,354
    Link 17; hmm, interesting. JJ may need to lobby me a bit more.
  • Options
    15) Seems like not long ago Qatar was being praised to the hilt for increasing its influence and power while not pissing anyone off enough to harm its relations with anyone.

13) Our politicians are right - any economic impact from acting in Ukraine would be very unpopular even if the moral case were clear cut, which of course it is not as people are very split on even if we should dare to comment upon a nation that is not our own, so of course they will not tolerate that.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@TSE

While I remember, I was intrigued by NickP's forecast this morning that the government might fall just short of term, in early 2015. Any chance of a thread on this prospect at some point? Cheers.

You'd have to ask Mike, I don't have a stint as guest editor coming up for a while.

That said, last time Mike and I discussed it, we were both of the opinion that the coalition will go the distance, bar one or two black swans.

Such as Dave being replaced by someone who wants to break up the coalition.
  • Options
    I have Sturridge and Agger as first goalscorer and Denmark to win.

Got nil nil written all over this match.
  • Options
    17) Why is building a sodding railway line so bloody arduous? Honestly, how anything significant ever gets built astounds me.
  • Options
    I was YouGov'd for the first time in years.

Got VI'd, and inter alia, asked about Putin/Ukraine and would I buy from Scottish firms post Independence.

Amusing thing was, I was in Edinburgh when I received the invite/did the poll.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It's a fairly startling and sobering thought that the 44 year old uber-geek Ed Miliband, the awkward, big-nosed, mildly Aspergery dorkus that you all laughed at in University, is going to be Prime Minister in about a year.

*emigrates*

Don't worry, once he actually gets in and is as constrained by finances as this lot, his ability to improve or destroy things will be pretty limited.
  • Options

Link 17; hmm, interesting. JJ may need to lobby me a bit more.

I would have thought link 22 would have interested you more.
  • Options
    Not watching the football. Is Englands most honest player playing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    #2 is mental

#10 Apparently it's a doctor who attended the victims saying the bullets dug out of the bodies of both the police and demonstrators were the same.

#14 Hard to say if he's winning or losing without knowing what he wants. My guess is he wants x and y where x appears to be proceeding slowly and cautiously without any incidents and y needs bleep to be happening in bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep and bleep and not just bleep. Time will tell on that.

#19 trick question
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It's a fairly startling and sobering thought that the 44 year old uber-geek Ed Miliband, the awkward, big-nosed, mildly Aspergery dorkus that you all laughed at in University, is going to be Prime Minister in about a year.

*emigrates*

I thought you hated Cameron and wanted him kicked out?
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,317
    SeanT said:

*emigrates*

The strange thing is, I can't imagine a single person in Britain, upon seeing Miliband stumble up to the doors of Number Ten, not thinking 'F*ck me! Who the hell let that happen?'
  • Options

Football player dives but speaks against diving? Stop the presses.

Granted, I am a Liverpool fan.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @SkyBet: GOAL! Scotland are ahead in Poland and are 2/7 to hang on.. Draw 11/4, Poland 16/1--> http://t.co/PzncdEzKww
  • Options

SeanT said:

*emigrates*

The strange thing is, I can't imagine a single person in Britain, upon seeing Miliband stumble up to the doors of Number Ten, not thinking 'F*ck me! Who the hell let that happen?'
    Ed M is not magisterial, but most people don't care I'd say. They vote for a party brand for the most part, and that tribal loyalty is tough to crack unless a leader is beyond hopeless, which Ed M clearly isn't, given the Tories attempted to switch from an Ed M is crap theme to an Ed M is dangerous theme last year.

He's obviously bright, he's bland, he's a political creature to his marrow, and he has an occasional bold streak between long bouts of indecisive caution. He's not likely to destroy the country or inspire it with his dynamism, but he could end up doing alright, or not great. It's a toss up, but he's nothing really to fear, and the vast majority of people I suspect will not worry about him in No. 10 until things start to hit the fan, if they do.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    I dislike Miliband less than the others all tolled but then i quite liked Foot so that's not saying much (didn't agree about nukes and Sovs obviously).
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Football player dives but speaks against diving? Stop the presses.

Granted, I am a Liverpool fan.
    This one is my favourite, for the reaction he has when the Blackburn fans kindly point out the error of his diving ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlXYl2p7Xw
  • Options

SeanT said:

*emigrates*

The key word in that post is I. The myopia of the Right.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    BobaFett said:

SeanT said:

*emigrates*

The key word in that post is I. The myopia of the Right.
    Myopia is not a uniquely right wing problem.
  • Options
    Though this one has to be up there with the others. The actual dive with no contact would get a high score on Splash! It is a thing on beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbXjhXN1W3s
  • Options
    TimT2TimT2 Posts: 45
    Link 18. Wow! Is that what counts for analysis these days? A ridiculous straw man.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    O/T Quebec GE announced for April 7th
    2012 seats PQ 54 PLQ 50 CAQ 19 QS 2

2012 vote share PQ 31.9% PLQ 31.2% CAQ 27.0% QS 6.0% ON 1.9%
    Latest poll PQ 37% PLQ 35% CAQ 15% QS 8% PVQ 2% ON 1%

The Conservative vote seems to have collapsed and they will lose perhaps half their seats in equal numbers to PQ and PLQ . At this stage it looks like PQ will be the largest party but fall just short of an overall majority .
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    TimT2 said:

Link 18. Wow! Is that what counts for analysis these days? A ridiculous straw man.

This had to be the best line:

"The Irish Civil War at least enabled the Irish to kick the English out of the majority of their country, albeit at the cost at at least 200 000 - 300 000 dead in an evil and bitter civil war, fomented and intensified by the English to salve their self-image of Great Power."

But it was a tough competition.

I note but offer no comment on the fact that this website was advertising "Elliot Wave" stuff. hunchman, is this you?!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,999
    edited March 2014
    Good evening, everyone.

Let's hope the Australian Grand Prix is more exciting than the football sounds.

Edited extra bit: ahem.
  • Options
    If Jade Dernbach was playing today, we'd lose this match for sure...
  • Options
    Ramdin seriously worrying england now. Get him off strike!
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    goooooooooooooal
  • Options
    @ Neil. The sad thing is that the author seems to be earnest. I hope it's a satire.
  • Options

Stop trolling TSE!

• Options
    Buffs nails.

I had Sturridge as first goal scorer.
  • Options

Goal - Sturridge ;-)

• Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Delighted with that result. But after winning tonight, they better not sodding lose to Poland when it matters, no pressure lads! :)
    Scott_P said:

@SkyBet: GOAL! Scotland are ahead in Poland and are 2/7 to hang on.. Draw 11/4, Poland 16/1--> http://t.co/PzncdEzKww

• Options
    TimT2 said:

@ Neil. The sad thing is that the author seems to be earnest. I hope it's a satire.

Have you seen the author's bio?

Andrew McKillop has more than 30 years experience in the energy, economic and finance domains. Trained at London UK’s University College, he has had specially long experience of energy policy, project administration and the development and financing of alternate energy.

This included his role of in-house Expert on Policy and Programming at the DG XVII-Energy of the European Commission, Director of Information of the OAPEC technology transfer subsidiary, AREC and researcher for UN agencies including the ILO.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Stop trolling TSE!

*Innocent Face*
  • Options
    Jonathan Freedland ‏@Freedland · 2 mins
    Miliband tells @CST_UK he's felt more a part of the Jewish community since becoming Labour leader than ever before

Don't think he will be mentioning this in the part of Bradford I live ;-)
  • Options

TimT2 said:

Andrew McKillop has more than 30 years experience in the energy, economic and finance domains. Trained at London UK’s University College, he has had specially long experience of energy policy, project administration and the development and financing of alternate energy.

This included his role of in-house Expert on Policy and Programming at the DG XVII-Energy of the European Commission, Director of Information of the OAPEC technology transfer subsidiary, AREC and researcher for UN agencies including the ILO.
    He still seems to think that the Irish Civil War claimed about a quarter of million lives and was the fault of "the English" (whoever they are). Fact checking may not be his thing.
  • Options
    fitalass said:

Delighted with that result. But after winning tonight, they better not sodding lose to Poland when it matters, no pressure lads! :)

Scott_P said:

Impressive result for Scotland. I have them down to quality for Euro 2016 through the playoffs
  • Options
    @ TSE Very thin resume. Trained at, rather than named degree. In-house expert followed by vague positions consistent with a permanently self-employed consultant ramping the resume. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't hire based on that. Strangely, a web search of the 'OAPEC technology transfer subsidiary' only links returns to his resume/articles.
  • Options
    Neil said:

TimT2 said:

He still seems to think that the Irish Civil War claimed about a quarter of million lives and was the fault of "the English" (whoever they are). Fact checking may not be his thing.
    He's probably one of those advocates of man made global warming,

Now that's trolling.
  • Options
    Oh and Neil, nice to see my 11/2 tip for Ireland to win the 6 nations is now trading at 7/4.

I hope you've be able to trade out.
  • Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 10s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead now three points: CON 34%, LAB 37%, LD 10%, UKIP 11%
  • Options
    Twitter
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 6s
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead now three points: CON 34%, LAB 37%, LD 10%, UKIP 11%
  • Options
    LOL YouGov 34/37
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,354
    Yes, link 22 is good too. Also a betting-related political story:

http://press.labour.org.uk/post/78553779557/gloria-de-piero-letter-to-paddy-power-calling-on-them

I agree, not just because it's Labour - I don't think we should get into bettin g on court cases, as it devalues the process and introduces a small risk of affecting the process (members of the jury can bet).

YouGov - taking it in the same spirit as the 9-point lead two days ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick · 2 mins
    Thursday's Telegraph front page - "Middle class blamed for migration" #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers pic.twitter.com/YPnnTf48cx

https://twitter.com/Telegraph

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,970
    Carola said:

Last time I was in a school where teachers were responsible for giving careers advice was... erm... never.

Well I know you are probably too young for this (that was meant as a compliment by the way not a put down) but 30 years ago when I was at school we certainly had teachers giving careers advice.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,896
    Sheffield and Manchester were never Conserative heartlands.
  • Options

Got VI'd, and inter alia, asked about Putin/Ukraine and would I buy from Scottish firms post Independence.

I got the same poll. Maybe they are targeting PB posters :-)
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    If Oscar P is found not guilty could be back running this summer.

Any women spectators are advised to go to the loo before arriving at the venue
  • Options

Arent we all down as Sun reading Labour voters to improve our chances of being invited?
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

SeanT said:

*emigrates*

I thought you hated Cameron and wanted him kicked out?
    They' re both pretty horrible.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Arent we all down as Sun reading Labour voters to improve our chances of being invited?
    I'm down as a Guardian reading UKIP supporter :-)
  • Options

Was an interesting poll, I get the feeling the poll wasn't commissioned for the Sun or The Times.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Good performance by Kasper of LCFC in Goal for the Danes, I do not think he will be out of his depth next year for us in the Prem.
    BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

Impressive result for Scotland. I have them down to quality for Euro 2016 through the playoffs
    BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

• Options
    smithersjones2013smithersjones2013 Posts: 740
    edited March 2014
    Given the increasing obsession with navel gazing over the thoughts of local councillors I thought we might widen the scope a little

BENEFIT cheat councillor Lisa Smiles, who was convicted of conning the local authority out of £2,000, has resigned from both the Labour Party and the city council.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/labour-councillor-quits-sunderland-city-council-after-2-000-benefit-fraud-conviction-1-6416802

A CONSERVATIVE councillor has resigned from the ruling Tory group on East Riding Council citing "bullying and intimidation" by some of his party colleagues.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Councillor-Nick-Evans-quits-East-Riding-Tory/story-20477508-detail/story.html

A PROMINENT Tiverton councillor has resigned from the Liberal Democrat Party after he admitted defrauding his own council.

Kevin Wilson had been a member of the party since its formation in 1988.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Fraudster-councillor-quits-Lib-Dems-admitting/story-20489377-detail/story.html

Funny how the Guardian (and Pb.com) didn't report on these isn't it?
  • Options

Andrew Hawkins @Andrew_ComRes

RT @tom_ComRes: New ComRes/@itvnews poll: 65% agree the government is more concerned with protecting banks than British public...

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

RT @tom_ComRes: New ComRes/@itvnews poll: 65% agree the government is more concerned with protecting banks than British public...

Are the two mutually exclusive?

A failed bank generally doesn't make a depositor happy.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    fitalass said:

Twitter

Smallest gap since......?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,556
    edited March 2014
    @smithersjones2013

Sleazy and bullying councillors isn't news.

Though, if I had found this story, I would have included it in nighthawks.

Conservative Councillor Chris Joannides Booted Out Of Party, After Comparing Burkas To Bin Bags

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/04/burka-bin-bag_n_4895968.html
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,556
    edited March 2014
    TGOHF said:

fitalass said:

Twitter

Since January 29 when it was 3.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

@smithersjones2013

Conservative Councillor Chris Joannides Booted Out Of Party, After Comparing Burkas To Bin Bags

The best was the Conservative councillor who pimped his mentally ill wife.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

fitalass said:

Twitter

Is it the curse of Smithson? As soon as Mike started majoring in the 'voteless recovery' the legendary crossover looks on the cards again.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

@smithersjones2013

The best was the Conservative councillor who pimped his mentally ill wife.
    I think Brian Coleman is very disappointed with your observation.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

fitalass said:

Twitter

Is it the curse of Smithson? As soon as Mike started majoring in the 'voteless recovery' the legendary crossover looks on the cards again.
    There was a YouGov fairly recently with a two point gap.

Both parties are in their normal range.
  • Options
    I guess this is going to run and run.

The ball was changed during the West Indies innings due to unnatural deterioration.
  • Options
    If Scotland qualify for the Euros, the Tartan Army will make sure that its one long party to the tournament. :)
    BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

• Options

@smithersjones2013

I'll leave people to make what they like of that comment.
  • Options

Good performance by Kasper of LCFC in Goal for the Danes, I do not think he will be out of his depth next year for us in the Prem.

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

Agreed. He looked superb. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
  • Options

@smithersjones2013

I nearly incited a riot on another forum when I suggested it should be mandatory for some women to wear the Burqa.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    He has been great all season, Out of contract in the summer, but with promotion and a rock solid place in the team, I think that he will sign another contract.
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

• Options
    fitalass said:

If Scotland qualify for the Euros, the Tartan Army will make sure that its one long party to the tournament. :)

BobaFett said:

fitalass said:

Scott_P said:

It would be great to have you there. Imagine England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland all in France. Belting prospect.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    In a surprise move, the Scottish Govt currency commission, maintains that its own idea for a currency union with rUK is still the best idea.

And its detailed rebuttal of the Treasury case? 'They're bluffing'.

Well, that's that then......

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/05/independent-scotland-sterling-pact-holyrood

• Options
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    AveryLP said:

Are the two mutually exclusive?

A failed bank generally doesn't make a depositor happy.

• Options
    Sean_F said:

Sheffield and Manchester were never Conserative heartlands.

Thanks Sean - I suspected sloppy reporting was at work.
  • Options
    smithersjones2013smithersjones2013 Posts: 740
    edited March 2014

@smithersjones2013

I nearly incited a riot on another forum when I suggested it should be mandatory for some women to wear the Burqa.
    That was not the comment I was referring to. The fact that greater importance is put on the misguided thoughts of individuals than is put on the criminal and anti-social behaviour of others speaks volumes to how perverse the establishment view of politics and society has become.

It makes you wonder whether '1984' was Science Fiction or prophecy?
  • Options

Basil shows his delight at tonights poll, the goalposts feel a bit lighter tonight:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/SdxX2Ehs7oI/AAAAAAAANFY/IMiZiHusuB8/s320/SquirrelInUnderpantsSmiling.jpg
  • Options

@smithersjones2013

That was not the comment I was referring to. The fact that greater importance is put on the misguided thoughts of individuals than is put on the criminal and anti-social behaviour of others speaks volumes to how perverse the establishment view of politics and society has become.

It makes you wonder whether '1984' was Science Fiction or prophecy?
    You're reading far too much into my comments and choices.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

fitalass said:

Twitter

Would you like to predict by when?
  • Options
    Video: RT Anchor Quits On Air

An American anchor working for state-owned television station Russia Today quit on air on Wednesday. Liz Wahl, in the network's D.C. bureau, said she could no longer be "part of a network that whitewashes the actions of Putin." Wahl said she is the grandchild of Hungarian refugees who fled Soviet oppression

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/03/05/rt-anchor-quits-on-air.html
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Even as a Unionist, I have to say the BBC's coverage of the RBS/Lloyds kerfuffle is just outrageously biased towards NO.

Essentially, their idea of balance is to say:

Lloyds/RBS will probably leave Scotland for England post-Yes and that will destroy jobs in Scotland/However, if this happens, theoretically Scotland might be able to proportionately diminish its finance sector thus, in the end, reducing pressure on Scots GDP in the event of a financial crash and ensuing bank bail-outs.

Which argument is more convincing? YOUR JOB, OR THE JOB OF SOMEONE YOU KNOW, WILL DISAPPEAR WITH INDEPENDENCE, or Scots GDP might rebalance in a potentially positive way after a decade or so following a Yes despite the immediate impoverishment, maybe

I can see why Nats hate the Beeb.

Sean - fair enough. As I have long said, the fact that a country that would be around the world's 17th richest would somehow 'struggle' to be viable is insane. It is perfectly viable - it has a diverse economy and a genuinely global brand. The question is whether we want it to be independent, which I don't.

But you are right - the BBC coverage is risibly biased. Peston interviewed S&P's bod the other day. The bod was equivocal. Peston then said: "what he means is..." and went on to paint a bearish picture. Quite remarkable.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Basil shows his delight at tonights poll, the goalposts feel a bit lighter tonight:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/SdxX2Ehs7oI/AAAAAAAANFY/IMiZiHusuB8/s320/SquirrelInUnderpantsSmiling.jpg

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggh.... oops, you hit the post tonight, perhaps that confidence is ebbing.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Pop the chips away, I don't have any salt and vinegar handy. There used to be a regular Conservative poster on here called RikW, and he and Mark Senior used to post up tit for tat just about every Conservative/Libdem councillor resignation that popped in the local news anywhere in the UK BEFORE Ukip were even a feature of local politics. UKIP are playing in the big domestic politics playground now, and that is going to means far more media scrutiny as a result. Just like all the other parties. And to be fair, UKIP have been pretty damn lucky about the lack of media attention when it came to one or two of their former MEP's in the past!

Given the increasing obsession with navel gazing over the thoughts of local councillors I thought we might widen the scope a little

BENEFIT cheat councillor Lisa Smiles, who was convicted of conning the local authority out of £2,000, has resigned from both the Labour Party and the city council.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/labour-councillor-quits-sunderland-city-council-after-2-000-benefit-fraud-conviction-1-6416802

A CONSERVATIVE councillor has resigned from the ruling Tory group on East Riding Council citing "bullying and intimidation" by some of his party colleagues.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Councillor-Nick-Evans-quits-East-Riding-Tory/story-20477508-detail/story.html

A PROMINENT Tiverton councillor has resigned from the Liberal Democrat Party after he admitted defrauding his own council.

Kevin Wilson had been a member of the party since its formation in 1988.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Fraudster-councillor-quits-Lib-Dems-admitting/story-20489377-detail/story.html

Funny how the Guardian (and Pb.com) didn't report on these isn't it?

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

Video: RT Anchor Quits On Air

An American anchor working for state-owned television station Russia Today quit on air on Wednesday. Liz Wahl, in the network's D.C. bureau, said she could no longer be "part of a network that whitewashes the actions of Putin." Wahl said she is the grandchild of Hungarian refugees who fled Soviet oppression

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/03/05/rt-anchor-quits-on-air.html

Will Liz Wahl now be joining Fox News?

• Options

TGOHF said:

fitalass said:

Twitter

Would you like to predict by when?
    Yes. At the end of the conference season. Cameron will have delivered a game changer, as is his knack, and Miliband will have blundered with one irresponsible and populist gimmick too far.
  • Options
    @Fox

Unless we sneak up through the playoffs* and nick him :)

*there is zero chance of this happening
This discussion has been closed.