Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What do we want and when do we want it – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,183
    Donkeys said:

isam said:

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

Slightly strange Sky News story:

https://news.sky.com/story/picture-agencies-pull-kate-photo-amid-manipulation-concerns-13092352

But BBC website hasn't had the memo (yet).

It’s like they are trying to tell us something but not allowed to.

It makes me very very worried.
    "No comment from Kensington Palace tonight after at least 3 international pictures agencies refuse to distribute this morning’s photo of Kate and her children. Some of them (@AP ) have claimed “the source [the palace] has manipulated the image”."

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766944328847364201?t=3UTomjd9AjS17uGJs7trkA&s=19

This is the ITV Royal editor, so not one of the usual suspects.

The foliage in the background looks late summer/early autumn to me.
    It is a weird photo. If you Photoshop an image you do so for a purpose. It's hard to work out the intention behind this manipulation. It seems to have something to do with Kate's hands rather than her main presence.
    If it’s just a marital spat it’s easily fixed. Kate has no reason to exploit or use her children in this maladroit way. She wouid pose for a real photo and put the rumours to bed, even if she’s about to divorce William

I am worried she is indeed very sick. Ugh. I hope I am wrong. I can’t think of any other explanation for this mad photo
    If you look at the cuff on the daughters left sleeve, the picture is all distorted. Bit odd
    The boy on the left's right hand looks odd too.

Is there a proper theory, or is it just that the stand-in for the usual photo-fiddler was a bit wet behind the ears, i.e. a non-story?
    He is crossing his fingers which is weird in and of itself for a professional publicity shot
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,931
    Yeah, it's time for RF to end all the messing around and pretense and come clean.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,812
    I'd have thought the royals would have better PR people. Maybe David Ike is right, and they're all really lizard people.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,882
    Donkeys said:

isam said:

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

https://news.sky.com/story/picture-agencies-pull-kate-photo-amid-manipulation-concerns-13092352

"No comment from Kensington Palace tonight after at least 3 international pictures agencies refuse to distribute this morning’s photo of Kate and her children. Some of them (@AP ) have claimed “the source [the palace] has manipulated the image”."

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1766944328847364201?t=3UTomjd9AjS17uGJs7trkA&s=19

It is a weird photo. If you Photoshop an image you do so for a purpose. It's hard to work out the intention behind this manipulation. It seems to have something to do with Kate's hands rather than her main presence.
    If it’s just a marital spat it’s easily fixed. Kate has no reason to exploit or use her children in this maladroit way. She wouid pose for a real photo and put the rumours to bed, even if she’s about to divorce William

I am worried she is indeed very sick. Ugh. I hope I am wrong. I can’t think of any other explanation for this mad photo
    If you look at the cuff on the daughters left sleeve, the picture is all distorted. Bit odd
    The boy on the left's right hand looks odd too.

Is there a proper theory, or is it just that the stand-in for the usual photo-fiddler was a bit wet behind the ears, i.e. a non-story?
    I think the younger boys right hand is fine, hooking your middle finger over your 4th finger is just one of those things kids do. It's not hard to do, I can do it myself.

The girl's left cuff is definitely not right though.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,227

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

This may be tosh, but it's plausible enough to get to sleep tonight;

My guess is that the photo comes from a Google Pixel 8 and whoever took it used the Best Take feature which extracts the best facial expression for each individual from a series of photos taken in rapid succession. That can create similar artifacts to those seen in this shot.

https://x.com/dhothersall/status/1766960227004432799

Still poor show if true. Can't trust anything these days.
    That seems like the most likely innocent explanation for the artifacts but maybe the photo itself isn't recent.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,183
    Royal family fakes family photo is …

… a big story.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,902

Chameleon said:

They're divorcing or she's very unwell. Professional photographers on twitter seem fairly convinced it wasn't taken with a camera.

You mean it was created by... AI?
    Ugh useless me, I meant to say phone camera!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,086

One excellent reason to hope for a May 2nd election is that it would force the parties to issue their manifestos sharpish, so we can all see what they're actually proposing to do.

This phoney war is getting boring.

It's the random ephemera within a manifesto that I most enjoy, the unusual or minor things that slip in and then get totally ignored or forgotten.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,882

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

My guess is that the photo comes from a Google Pixel 8 and whoever took it used the Best Take feature which extracts the best facial expression for each individual from a series of photos taken in rapid succession. That can create similar artifacts to those seen in this shot.

That's a really poor show.

Android. Pah!

Should've got an iPhone.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,541
    Foxy said:

isam said:

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

There’s actually part of the girl’s cuff missing. There seems to be several errors. Oh my!
    The sill under Louis's hand has a kink in it.

George's lower teeth are wrong too.

There's a whole line of distortion parallel to the sill, crossing the step and the tiles.

I think the Google Pixel 8 explanation is plausible. That a feature on the phone has used an algorithm to crudely merge several photos together, and this has created these weird artefacts in the photo, and so the picture agencies have pulled it as manipulated.

But that's still consistent with Kate being perfectly healthy and the marriage in no trouble.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,033

Leon said:

FF43 said:

Foxy said:

algarkirk said:

That seems like the most likely innocent explanation for the artifacts but maybe the photo itself isn't recent.
    I read that. More than likely the truth, given PofW took the photo rather than a pro
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,683
    It’s easy to over interpret now we are all so sensitive to AI fakes

However the tree the sleeve and the fingers definitely look wrong to me. And why not release a series of images? Flatten the rumours entirely?

Why one single suspicious image? Hmmmmmm
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,541
    If the Royal Family were going to fake photos could they at least do it properly and bring the Queen back?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,365
    CatMan said:

I'd have thought the royals would have better PR people. Maybe David Ike is right, and they're all really lizard people.

Yeah, but the stupid ones that became extinct.
  • Options

Royal family fakes family photo is …

… a big story.

Royal fluff is a constant background noise in our media landscape (Kate seems to be staring out at me from the magazine rack every time I go to the shops). If it ever rises to get primary focus either something is wrong or else literally nothing else is going on in the world.
  • Options
    This is also weird. The focus on the wool is so good you can see the knitting. Yet Kate’s fingers are entirely out of focus. And don’t sit naturally

• Options
    DonkeysDonkeys Posts: 687
    edited March 10

If the Royal Family were going to fake photos could they at least do it properly and bring the Queen back?

Has Camilla died?

In other royal-related news, John Lydon, aka Lord Johnny Rotten, singer of "God Save the Queen", has been sounding off against immigrants, seemingly oblivious of the fact that he himself is the son of immigrants to Britain, and indeed he himself is an immigrant to the USA:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13173005/sex-pistol-john-lydon-immigration-division-uk.html
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,902
    Leon said:

However the tree the sleeve and the fingers definitely look wrong to me. And why not release a series of images? Flatten the rumours entirely?

The thing that fascinates me is that they clearly felt they had to do a proof of life photo to quash rumours, but their best choice was something so obviously dodgy? That's weird.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

Leon said:

The thing that fascinates me is that they clearly felt they had to do a proof of life photo to quash rumours, but their best choice was something so obviously dodgy? That's weird.
    Yes that’s exactly my thinking. Either a massive error - or they are desperate because something genuinely bad needs to be hidden
  • Options
    Ok, what's eating him now?

• Options
    Donkeys said:

Has Camilla died?

In other royal-related news, John Lydon, aka Lord Johnny Rotten, singer of "God Save the Queen", has been sounding off against immigrants, seemingly oblivious of the fact that he himself is the son of immigrants to Britain, and indeed he himself is an immigrant to the USA:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13173005/sex-pistol-john-lydon-immigration-division-uk.html
    John Lydon lost all respect when he did that butter advert.
  • Options
    Got it - Harry has launched a coup and taken Kate hostage, the parties are in negotiation to restore him to the working royals as a compromises so he can stop whinging about paying for his own security, and they had to put out a photo of Kate in a normal, non-hostage situation whilst they sort that out.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,330
    Leon said:

The tree thing I'm not convinced about. There are plenty of plants in full leaf at this time of year, and a professional photographer would surely utilize them as a backdrop on this occasion. Having said that, when I first saw the image I did think it was a bit too good to be true: Kate brimming with health and happiness and seemingly without a care in the world. Not the look of someone who's just undergone lengthy and serious hospitalization. These news agencies need to tell us what exactly about the image they regard as manipulated. We need to know!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,924
    CatMan said:

A prolonged skin moult? There are less plausible hypotheses.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Clearly everyone is divorcing and Will is then going to marry Meghan. I always felt the animosity had something more behind it.

Imagine what the tabloids would do with that... 😂
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,999
    Three Tory ex-home secretaries warn against politicising anti-extremism
    Exclusive: Intervention by Priti Patel, Sajid Javid and Amber Rudd just before Michael Gove unveils official definition of extremism
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/10/three-ex-tory-home-secretaries-warn-against-politicising-anti-extremism
  • Options

Leon said:

This is also weird. The focus on the wool is so good you can see the knitting. Yet Kate’s fingers are entirely out of focus. And don’t sit naturally

The yellow highlighter is a f*****' giveaway too.
    Also the fact Kate would have to possess 3m long arms to actually embrace her kids like this

The whole photo is a bizarre composite fake

I have no idea why they would release such a thing
  • Options
    Ooops

• Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Also the fact Kate would have to possess 3m long arms to actually embrace her kids like this

Clearly a tribute to her favourite film

• Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,418
    Nigelb said:

Three Tory ex-home secretaries warn against politicising anti-extremism
    Exclusive: Intervention by Priti Patel, Sajid Javid and Amber Rudd just before Michael Gove unveils official definition of extremism
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/10/three-ex-tory-home-secretaries-warn-against-politicising-anti-extremism

My cheap Chinese phone must be on the blink again. Priti Patel "warns against politicising anti-extremism". That can't be right, it's clearly f*****!
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,629
    Leon said:

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Yes that’s exactly my thinking. Either a massive error - or they are desperate because something genuinely bad needs to be hidden
    It should be remembered that all marketing and communications folks are playing with the joys of ai just now. Adding a daffodil to fill in a gap here, making a sky bluer there. It's plausible that some silly tit at Kensington Palace thought it was a great idea to just pop it through ai to give it 'the wow factor' and this shite is the result. It's very peculiar. They should bring a professional PR firm in and stop half-arsing the job.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Ooops

Is that an AI tool doing the analysing?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,999
    This could turn into a very big story.

Lots of news in this @moetkacik piece. The Change Healthcare hack is the biggest story in the world almost nobody knows about. This feels like the shotgun weddings of banks during the financial crisis. Only UnitedHealth caused the problem. https://prospect.org/health/2024-03-10-unitedhealth-exploits-emergency-change-ransomware-oregon/
    https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1766882603330838538
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,418
    Leon said:

Leon said:

The whole photo is a bizarre composite fake

I have no idea why they would release such a thing
    Thank you for your reply. Although you may be confusing me with someone who gives a f***.
  • Options

Leon said:

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

It should be remembered that all marketing and communications folks are playing with the joys of ai just now. Adding a daffodil to fill in a gap here, making a sky bluer there. It's plausible that some silly tit at Kensington Palace thought it was a great idea to just pop it through ai to give it 'the wow factor' and this shite is the result. It's very peculiar. They should bring a professional PR firm in and stop half-arsing the job.
    I’m right down the rabbit hole now

Is this even Kate in the paparazzi photo in the car? It certainly doesn’t look like the woman in the Mother’s Day photo

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,365
    Ok, there's gonna be some hapless underling trotted out v. soon to take the whole blame, isn't there?

'I thought I was doing my best for the Waleses and took it entirely upon myself to whip up this crap AI image withouth consulting my betters who are of course entirely blameless'
  • Options

Ok, there's gonna be some hapless underling trotted out v. soon to take the whole blame, isn't there?

'I thought I was doing my best for the Waleses and took it entirely upon myself to whip up this crap AI image withouth consulting my betters who are of course entirely blameless'

I'm placing money right now that TSE will declare that person this generation's Thomas Wentworth when that happens.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,065
    Leon said:

They have had to Photoshop out the young lass doing the "Signal for Help".
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,821
    This looks interesting. Reduced contrast and increased exposure on the dark area below Kate's head. Seems it is a different zipped jacket and different actual head

https://twitter.com/KristinBingham/status/1766967436195119185
  • Options
    Kate's been a hologram all this time hasn't she?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,629
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Is this even Kate in the paparazzi photo in the car? It certainly doesn’t look like the woman in the Mother’s Day photo

I think that looks like her. And I'm glad she hasn't done something radical to ruin her face - she looks fine.

Not sure wtf the photo today is about though. Combined with William's no show at that memorial service, and the fact that they haven't been seen together, it all seems very volatile.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

I was fooled for a minute, but the glasses are wrong.

• Options
    Since there's nothing else going on, and I know some people are strategy fans, apparently something truly monumental has just occurred.

Crusader Kings 3's latest DLC, Legends of the Dead, arrived last Monday, bringing with it new legend mechanics that let your characters live on after death. But whatever, frankly, because it was accompanied by a free patch that finally introduced the game's most long-sought-after feature: functional male pattern baldness.

CK3's 1.12.1 "Scythe" update dropped Monday, and has "Added balding hairstyles and a system for male pattern baldness. Characters have a baldness value in their DNA which affects the age at which (male) characters start losing their hair.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/strategy/crusader-kings-3-finally-gets-its-most-hotly-demanded-feature-in-years-an-authentic-male-pattern-baldness-system/
  • Options
    I wonder if an MP might use Parliamentary privilege to say what's going on with RF (assuming MP's are in the know obviously) ?
  • Options
    edited March 11
    GIN1138 said:

I wonder if an MP might use Parliamentary privilege to say what's going on with RF (assuming MP's are in the know obviously) ?

Was gonna say George Galloway would probably do it, but he is a unionist, so I guess he's also a royalist. An SNP MP might I suppose, even though their official position is to keep the monarchy.
  • Options
    DonkeysDonkeys Posts: 687
    edited March 11
    CatMan said:

GIN1138 said:

Was gonna say George Galloway would probably do it, but he is a unionist, so I guess he's also a royalist. An SNP MP might I suppose, even though their official position is to keep the monarchy.
    George Galloway is not a royalist. He is a republican. Being a unionist in the GB sense doesn't stop someone from being a republican in the anti-monarchist sense. He's for a republic of GB and also an all-Ireland republic.

Hopefully he will use his maiden speech (if it counts as a maiden speech when an MP returns after a break) to talk about a far more important issue than the health of a member of the royal family.
  • Options
    Just gets weirder

That’s so bad it is inexplicable
  • Options
    GB News speculating publicly that its divorce or death

Eeeesh
  • Options
    edited March 11
    Leon said:

Just gets weirder

That’s so bad it is inexplicable

The middle front teeth are usually the first adult teeth to come through, so if they're relatively longer in the group photo it suggests that it's older than the other one.
  • Options
    edited March 11
    Leon said:

Eeeesh

That doesn't really make sense. If it's death we'd know. You can't just hide a death, no matter how important you are. If it's divorce, why would you need to fake a photo like that?

It's probably just someone photoshopping the photo to make it look better, not realising the implications of that.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

Leon said:

Eeeesh

That doesn't really make sense. If it's death we'd know. You can't just hide a death, no matter how important you are. If it's divorce, why would you need to fake a photo like that?

It's probably just someone photoshopping the photo to make it look better, not realising the implications of that.
    I hear you but I don’t buy the last theory either

There is too much at risk here. The rumours are wild and damaging and releasing a photo this bad and strangely manipulated makes it all much worse. I don’t believe it’s just a cock up by a PR intern

It’s either an act of desperation or someone trying to undermine the royal family
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,882
    Judging by her puffy face in last week’s photo, she was and might still be seriously unwell.

I seriously doubt today’s photo is from this year. It’s been released in a botched attempt to reassure the public.
  • Options
    Nayib Bukele responds to a video showing cannibalism in Haiti:

@nayibbukele
    We saw similar images in El Salvador a few years ago. Gangs bathing with the skulls of their victims.

All the “experts” said they couldn’t be defeated, because they were an “intrinsic part of our society”.

They were wrong.

We obliterated them.

The same must be done in Haiti.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,012
    edited March 11
    People on twitter are trying to work out which of the two has converted to Catholicism.

Or perhaps they are arguing about Gaza, with Kate posting here as Barty.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

People on twitter are trying to work out which of the two has converted to Catholicism.

My version of the Gaza hypothesis is that she's gone full Galloway, and William's statement was an attempt to move as far as possible to placate her.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,012

Eabhal said:

My version of the Gaza hypothesis is that she's gone full Galloway, and William's statement was an attempt to move as far as possible to placate her.
    Oh nice.

But some reason my instinct is she is more right wing than Wills.
  • Options
    Twickbait_55Twickbait_55 Posts: 100
    kle4 said:

Ok, what's eating him now?

With any luck, a passing tiger 🐯
This discussion has been closed.