Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Date of the general election – latest betting – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,050
edited November 2023 in General
imageDate of the general election – latest betting – politicalbetting.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,175
    2025 is not an option???
  • Second like the Tories
  • Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

Unless you want a GE campaign over Xmas and NY?
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,175

Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

It's not my choice.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,555
    A market that deserves more attention.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,792
    This is my application to be CEO of OpenAI.

If chosen, I will let the past be the past and return OpenAI to its open source roots.

For my resume, last November I was a Twitter intern, so I have experience joining companies in crisis.

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1727046087440232801
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,373
    edited November 2023
    Founder and CEO Changpeng "CZ" Zhao pleaded guilty to his own charges at an arraignment in Seattle and agreed to pay a $50 million fine. and Binance paying a $4.3 billion fine.
  • Nigelb said:

This is my application to be CEO of OpenAI.

If chosen, I will let the past be the past and return OpenAI to its open source roots.

For my resume, last November I was a Twitter intern, so I have experience joining companies in crisis.

https://twitter.com/realGeorgeHotz/status/1727046087440232801

Top trolling.
  • Israeli Forces have managed to Breach a Fortified Door which was previously seen while also Securing a Section of the Hamas Tunnels beneath the Al-Shifa Medical Center in Northern Gaza, which is believed to lead to the Underground Command-and-Control Complex.

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1727036046809223496?s=20
  • Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

Sunak's dilemma.

Fast forward to September 2024. Suppose the polls haven't shifted; do you call an election for October, knowing you're set fair for a one way ticket to Obscurityville, CA? Or do you hang on, just in case something turns up?

Or worse than that- suppose the polls have started to shift in your favour?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,373
    edited November 2023
    The end of the Covent Garden street performer? Magicians, jugglers and other artists in London's shopping hub are under threat from council clampdown on noise complaints

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12774511/Covent-Garden-street-performer-arrested-council-plans-restrictions-London.html

Is this really a problem that needs fixing? Its a huge draw for tourists.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 70,649
    My guess would be May next year. It will be cheaper, and there's no obvious good news that might help the party do better if they delay. About the only really seismic possible change would be a Russian collapse, and that's not really in their power.

But, I have been wrong many times before.
  • Jug ears can't help himself...funny how he lost access to his twitter account for a few days around 7th October.

Gary Lineker has endorsed a video by journalist Owen Jones in which an academic accuses Israel of “genocide” and dismisses comparisons between Hamas and the Nazis.

The Match of the Day presenter shared a tweet by Mr Jones, a columnist with the Guardian, of his interview with Raz Segal, an Israeli-American historian, and he added the caption: “Worth 13 minutes of anyone’s time.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/21/bbc-lineker-israel-hamas-textbook-genocide-raz-segal/
  • TimSTimS Posts: 12,130
    ydoethur said:

My guess would be May next year. It will be cheaper, and there's no obvious good news that might help the party do better if they delay. About the only really seismic possible change would be a Russian collapse, and that's not really in their power.

But, I have been wrong many times before.

He could do worse than setting up some sort of trading algorithm on this. A sell trigger once Tories rise above 30% for 5 polls in a row. Or once the gap to Labour hits 10%. With a backstop of next October.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,379
    Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

It is. But 2023 no longer is, shirley?
  • I'm calling May 2024 aligned with local elections.

After the March budget offers 1% reduction in income tax from 2024 and another 1% from 2025.
  • bigglesbiggles Posts: 5,636
    Jan 2025. Why on earth not wait until the last minute?
  • Netanyahu says war will continue after hostages released

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that Israel will continue its war against Hamas "until we achieve all our goals".

In a video statement recorded before the cabinet met to discuss a possible hostage deal, he said "nonsense" was being spoken to the effect that the war would be stopped once the hostages were released.

Netanyahu described the hostages' return as a "sacred and top goal".

"In war there are phases and in returning the hostages there are phases but we will not stop until we have total victory, until we return all of them," he said. "That’s the holy duty of all of us."

The elimination of Hamas was also a goal, he said, "and that there won't be anything in Gaza that threatens Israel again".
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551

Jug ears can't help himself...funny how he lost access to his twitter account for a few days around 7th October.

Gary Lineker has endorsed a video by journalist Owen Jones in which an academic accuses Israel of “genocide” and dismisses comparisons between Hamas and the Nazis.

The Match of the Day presenter shared a tweet by Mr Jones, a columnist with the Guardian, of his interview with Raz Segal, an Israeli-American historian, and he added the caption: “Worth 13 minutes of anyone’s time.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/11/21/bbc-lineker-israel-hamas-textbook-genocide-raz-segal/

Vorderman was sacked for less. Replace Lineker with Frank Lampard. He's a Tory.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 53,332
    edited November 2023

Jug ears can't help himself...funny how he lost access to his twitter account for a few days around 7th October.

And you know something is happening here and you don’t know what it is, do you Mr Jones?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that Israel will continue its war against Hamas "until we achieve all our goals".

In a video statement recorded before the cabinet met to discuss a possible hostage deal, he said "nonsense" was being spoken to the effect that the war would be stopped once the hostages were released.

"In war there are phases and in returning the hostages there are phases but we will not stop until we have total victory, until we return all of them," he said. "That’s the holy duty of all of us."

The elimination of Hamas was also a goal, he said, "and that there won't be anything in Gaza that threatens Israel again".

Test:

• kle4kle4 Posts: 94,987

Founder and CEO Changpeng "CZ" Zhao pleaded guilty to his own charges at an arraignment in Seattle and agreed to pay a $50 million fine. and Binance paying a $4.3 billion fine.

Is there anyone in the crypto space who is not a skeezy crook?

The whole industry looks like nesting sets of ponzi schemes overlayed with hyperbolic shysters taking advantage of the people who really do believe in the future of decentralised finance.

Sacred & holy eh? Bibi presumably got a direct line to Yahweh.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 3,539

I'm calling May 2024 aligned with local elections.

After the March budget offers 1% reduction in income tax from 2024 and another 1% from 2025.

And no change in the allowances as per? Sounds like the perfect Tory plan. Might even be a net plus for the Treasury.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 33,051
    biggles said:

While I agree with you, everyone told me no-one wants to campaign in early January and especially not over Christmas.
    I think much depends on the locals in May; if they’re bad, then January it is.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,759

Vorderman was sacked for less. Replace Lineker with Frank Lampard. He's a Tory.
    Raz Segal is a good example of the academic fool.
  • Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

No need. Last day is 28 Jan (a Monday) or 25th if for some reason it has to be a Thursday. The campaign can start 2 Jan
    biggles said:

It is argued it would look desperate, which it surely will, but going in Autumn 2024 really doesn't look any less desperate, so if they feel the need to wait until the Autumn then things are already going badly enough that it doesn't really matter.

Netanyahu says war will continue after hostages released

Test:

Well let’s assume for a moment that you can believe a single word Hamas says. What is it going to take to stop them from going on a murderous rampage again? That is the question.
  • TresTres Posts: 2,651

your obsession with Gary Lineker is quite disturbing

biggles said:

While I agree with you, everyone told me no-one wants to campaign in early January and especially not over Christmas.
    I think much depends on the locals in May; if they’re bad, then January it is.
    They are going to be horrendously bad.

People did also say people wouldn't want to campaign or turnout in December, yet 2019 went just fine.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 3,539
    DavidL said:

Test:

Well let’s assume for a moment that you can believe a single word Hamas says. What is it going to take to stop them from going on a murderous rampage again? That is the question.
    Marches calling for a ceasefire. Doh. It's simple!
  • DavidL said:

Test:

Traditionally it was supposed to be the IDF and Mossad but we live in a new paradigm.

How many Palestinian civilians do you think have been..er..collaterally damaged?
    I'm sticking with late October. I know it is shallow, but I really think Rishi will not risk going until he is guaranteed at least 2 years as PM.

On that same reasoning, 2025 remains a possibility - PM from 2022-2025 looks a lot better than PM 2022-2024.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,373

The end of the Covent Garden street performer? Magicians, jugglers and other artists in London's shopping hub are under threat from council clampdown on noise complaints

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12774511/Covent-Garden-street-performer-arrested-council-plans-restrictions-London.html

Is this really a problem that needs fixing? Its a huge draw for tourists.

I walked through the area on Sunday. More tourists than I've ever seen before, and well-behaved ones too, (ie. no Russians).

DavidL said:

Test:

Traditionally it was supposed to be the IDF and Mossad but we live in a new paradigm.

How many Palestinian civilians do you think have been..er..collaterally damaged?
    I’ve no idea. But I don’t see any reason to give any credence to what Hamas says.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 13,039
    kle4 said:

Is there anyone in the crypto space who is not a skeezy crook?

The whole industry looks like nesting sets of ponzi schemes overlayed with hyperbolic shysters taking advantage of the people who really do believe in the future of decentralised finance.
    I went to watch Man Utd women v Man City women at Old Trafford on Sunday. I was intrigued to see the sellera of dodgy merch outside the ground accepted cash, card or bitcoin.
  • DavidL said:

Test:

As opposed to Israeli civilians deliberately damaged?
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,574
    Tres said:

Lineker is a twat of epic proportions.
  • Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,962
    biggles said:

That'll only happen if Sunak's indecisive and unwilling to jump...

Oh, crap. Better brace myself for an Xmas/New Year campaign in thirteen months time, then.
  • FPT - the minimum wage is no gold mine but it's also not a free lunch.

Set it too high and there will be fewer jobs all round, and more in the black economy.
  • BlancheLivermoreBlancheLivermore Posts: 5,695
    edited November 2023
    Has everyone heard of Mosab Hassan Yousef?

I can't believe that I only recently have. He's now a hero of mine

He's the son of one of the founders of Hamas. He spent his formative years throwing stones at Israeli settlers. He was arrested many times by Israel as a young Hamas fighter and became so disgusted by the savagery of his fellow Hamas members in incarceration that he decided to work for the Jews

He spent a decade inside - near the top - of Hamas as an Israeli spy. He foiled numerous Hamas attacks and helped Israel arrest many Hamas fighters and leaders, including his father

He's now a Christian (converted by a Brit) living in the USA. He had to fight to get residency; they tried to deport him to Gaza for being a Hamas terrorist

He seems to support Israel's "genocide" of his people

https://twitter.com/MosabHasanYOSEF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosab_Hassan_Yousef
  • Tres said:

Lineker is only doing it for the money - he knows it boosts his social media following and his profile. If he thought it was fashionable to be singing the 'Horst Wessel' and wearing jackboots, he would do that instead.

Having said that, given his latest posts, maybe the two outcomes are not that far off.
  • Jug ears can't help himself...funny how he lost access to his twitter account for a few days around 7th October.

Social media has gone to his head, a bit like Jacinda Ardern.

Incidentally, it's not always representative of the individual - no matter how annoying they are online.

I've come to know Siobhan Benita and she's perfectly lovely and generous in real life, and a normal person, but she's a proper FBPE Remainer on Twitter of the type I'd normally run a mile from.
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,574

Tres said:

Lineker is only doing it for the money - he knows it boosts his social media following and his profile. If he thought it was fashionable to be singing the 'Horst Wessel' and wearing jackboots, he would do that instead.

Having said that, given his latest posts, maybe the two outcomes are not that far off.
    I rest my case. A twat of epic proportions.

What's the controversy here? That the historian is dangerous and wrong and Jones shouldn't be giving him a platform, or that Jug Ears should just butt out?
  • DavidL said:

Test:

And the IDF haven't gone on a murderous, destructive rampage?
  • DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

I’ve no idea. But I don’t see any reason to give any credence to what Hamas says.
    The US State Department uses their data in their internal memos, also the US State Department Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs told a Congressional hearing on 9 November that the death toll was "very high, frankly, and it could be that they're even higher than are being cited."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_2023_Israel–Hamas_war
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,909
    DavidL said:

Test:

I think this was a one off and I don’t think the IDF will be quite so unprepared again . As for the casualties their figure is generally regarded as close to reality . Looking at the devastation it’s hard to think it’s that far off . Absolutely tragic news again that doctors are being killed, those who stayed behind to treat the injured are heroes . Too many innocent people have died .
  • DavidL said:

Test:

And the IDF haven't gone on a murderous, destructive rampage?
    No

Hamas's cowardly murderers are as responsible for the deaths of the innocent Palestinians that they hide behind as they are for the deaths of the Israelis that they slaughtered

That's why human shields and military bases under hospitals, schools and mosques are war crimes
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,912

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The US State Department uses their data in their internal memos, also the US State Department Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs told a Congressional hearing on 9 November that the death toll was "very high, frankly, and it could be that they're even higher than are being cited."

The US state department may just be saying ‘Hamas reports x deaths’. That is not the same as agreeing with the number. I wouldn’t trust Hamas if they said the sky was blue.
    nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

I think this was a one off and I don’t think the IDF will be quite so unprepared again . As for the casualties their figure is generally regarded as close to reality . Looking at the devastation it’s hard to think it’s that far off . Absolutely tragic news again that doctors are being killed, those who stayed behind to treat the injured are heroes . Too many innocent people have died .
    Hard to disagree with you last sentiments.

Hamas are the cause of all this.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269

What's the controversy here? That the historian is dangerous and wrong and Jones shouldn't be giving him a platform, or that Jug Ears should just butt out?
    The more interesting point is that the arguments Raz Segal puts forward for why what Israel is doing in Gaza is genocide (and, yes, I have read what he's written) apply equally to what Hamas has done and intends doing. So if, Owen Jones (and others) accepts Segal's arguments then he has to say that both Israel and Hamas are committing genocide.Or neither of them are. But that is not his position. Jones is of course too stupid to understand what he so readily accepts because it accords with his preconceived opinion.
  • FPT - the minimum wage is no gold mine but it's also not a free lunch.

Set it too high and there will be fewer jobs all round, and more in the black economy.

But clearly with more than a million vacancies, a very large proportion of those being in the very sectors that are most likely to be minimum wage such as hospitality, that point is still quite some way off.

Indeed one could claim that by forcing the hospitality industry to improve wages they are helping them to make the sector more attractive to prospective employees.
  • Cyclefree said:

The more interesting point is that the arguments Raz Segal puts forward for why what Israel is doing in Gaza is genocide (and, yes, I have read what he's written) apply equally to what Hamas has done and intends doing. So if, Owen Jones (and others) accepts Segal's arguments then he has to say that both Israel and Hamas are committing genocide.Or neither of them are. But that is not his position. Jones is of course too stupid to understand what he so readily accepts because it accords with his preconceived opinion.
    Can you commit genocide by intention alone?
  • DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The US state department may just be saying ‘Hamas reports x deaths’. That is not the same as agreeing with the number. I wouldn’t trust Hamas if they said the sky was blue.
    "the death toll was "very high, frankly, and it could be that they're even higher than are being cited.""
  • MJWMJW Posts: 1,634
    Tres said:

It was an incredibly stupid thing to tweet given the contentiousness of the term 'genocide' - for both current and historical reasons (It's a term many staunch critics of Israel would shy away from). And the fact that overheated rhetoric in any direction on Israel-Palestine is liable to have awful consequences here.

In the case of making grave accusations of Israel being irredeemably evil as opposed to we government being wrong, them being used to justify violence or intimidation towards British Jews (or politicians) who understandably take a less black and white view of the conflict. Obviously the same applies to those on the right who use Hamas' actions to demonise any support for Palestinians, as opposed to criticising it when it crosses the line.

Not the smartest thing to do when you've just agreed to a new set of BBC regulations, inspired by you talking about '1930s Germany', that promised high profile presenters would tone down interventions on politically contentious issues.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,462
    Pro_Rata said:

Pro_Rata said:

2025 is not an option???

It's not my choice.
    Would be utter insanity. Won’t happen.

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

"the death toll was "very high, frankly, and it could be that they're even higher than are being cited.""
    Could doing the heavy lifting.

I have no doubt many, many Palestinians have died. You know why? Hamas.

Hamas chose this path for Gaza. They don’t care for Gazans. At all. They are scum.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,762

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The trigger maybe, but don't deny the IDF agency.
  • DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The sky actually being blue means presumably you would reject the truth because it was being uttered by Hamas.
    Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

I don’t, but you have to ask what else can they do? I do not believe IDF is deliberately killing Gazans. In contrast to terrorists who murdered for fun then took battered bodies back as trophies.

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The sky actually being blue means presumably you would reject the truth because it was being uttered by Hamas.
    Correct.
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,852

Test:

You continue to equate the murder of innocent men, women and children with unfortunate innocent casualties of war.

You are despicable

Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

I don’t, but you have to ask what else can they do? I do not believe IDF is deliberately killing Gazans. In contrast to terrorists who murdered for fun then took battered bodies back as trophies.
    No but it does look like they have a reckless disregard for collateral deaths of civilians.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 51,103
    edited November 2023
    Leicester defender Harry Souttar scored the only goal as Australia beat Palestine in front of thousands of fans in a World Cup qualifier in Kuwait.

The match was Palestine's second since the start of the Israel-Gaza conflict.

Australia's players are making a five-figure donation from their match fees to humanitarian efforts in Gaza, which will be matched by Football Australia.

[Aussie] Coach Graham Arnold said preparations had been "quite stressful" as the game had [to be] moved from the West Bank to Kuwait.

Palestine were without defender Ibrahim Abuimeir, Ahmed Kullab and Khaled Al-Nabris, with all three stuck in Gaza.

Ranked 96th in the world, they are currently third in their World Cup qualifying group, while Australia are top after successive wins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67488656
    Labour leads by 24% in the Red Wall, their largest lead in these seats since August.

Red Wall VI (19 Nov):

Labour 50% (+2)
    Conservative 26% (-6)
    Reform UK 11% (+5)
    Green 6% (+2)
    Liberal Democrat 5% (-2)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 22 Oct

redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/latest-red-wal…

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1727008980226969913?t=S1xTZHBhxrqAYDbMc75NIw&s=19

Doesn't look like the Red Wall liked the reshuffle.

Test:

You continue to equate the murder of innocent men, women and children with unfortunate innocent casualties of war.

You are despicable

Excel's telling me that 91% of the victims of this war are Gazans.
  • Leicester defender Harry Souttar scored the only goal as Australia beat Palestine in front of thousands of fans in a World Cup qualifier in Kuwait.

Australia's players are making a five-figure donation from their match fees to humanitarian efforts in Gaza, which will be matched by Football Australia.

[Aussie] Coach Graham Arnold said preparations had been "quite stressful" as the game had [to be] moved from the West Bank to Kuwait.

Palestine were without defender Ibrahim Abuimeir, Ahmed Kullab and Khaled Al-Nabris, with all three stuck in Gaza.

Ranked 96th in the world, they are currently third in their World Cup qualifying group, while Australia are top after successive wins.

I hope Lineker becomes their manager
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

You can tell the IDF is using agency, because the death toll is still in five figures, not six.
  • Foxy said:

Labour leads by 24% in the Red Wall, their largest lead in these seats since August.

Red Wall VI (19 Nov):

Labour 50% (+2)
    Conservative 26% (-6)
    Reform UK 11% (+5)
    Green 6% (+2)
    Liberal Democrat 5% (-2)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 22 Oct

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1727008980226969913?t=S1xTZHBhxrqAYDbMc75NIw&s=19

Oh, Red Wall! For a split second, I thought it was a "proper" poll! Still, 50% Labour, eh?
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    edited November 2023

Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

The evidence suggests otherwise.

I suspect the question is, after 7th October can the Israeli Government justify the wholesale slaughter of Gazan civilians in order to remove Hamas from the face of the earth? If you agree that the wholesale slaughter of Gazan civilians in order to remove Hamas from the face of the earth is legitimate, fair enough. Claiming " I do not believe IDF is deliberately killing Gazans" is either naive or disingenuous.
  • Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

When did righties stop believing that groups and individuals need to take responsibilty for their own actions?
  • Leicester defender Harry Souttar scored the only goal as Australia beat Palestine in front of thousands of fans in a World Cup qualifier in Kuwait.

In fact, PLEASE let him get bought by Saudi MOTD
    nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

Maybe, just maybe the next time some psychopaths in Hamas say,” I know let’s go and murder some babies and rape and burn alive some women because, you know, they’re Jews” , one or more of their pals might say, “ you know what, I am not sure that is a great idea.”
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,441
    Net migration going to come in around 700,000 people apparently. Now I know we do need immigration as a TFR < 2.2 & aging society but it seems a huge number.
    edited November 2023

Foxy said:

Red Wall VI (19 Nov):

Labour 50% (+2)
    Conservative 26% (-6)
    Reform UK 11% (+5)
    Green 6% (+2)
    Liberal Democrat 5% (-2)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 22 Oct

Oh, Red Wall! For a split second, I thought it was a "proper" poll! Still, 50% Labour, eh?
    These are the 40 seats first won in 2019, and Hartlepool.

It is the Tory majority, and clearly toast, burnt toast.

I can't see these MPs being keen on an early election.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 19,796

Test:

You are despicable

I'm not sure those killed or their relatives would recognise your subtle distinction
  • Pulpstar said:

Net migration going to come in around 700,000 people apparently. Now I know we do need immigration as a TFR < 2.2 & aging society but it seems a huge number.

700,000 = Newcastle or Nottingham

In fact, PLEASE let him get bought by Saudi MOTD
    Mecca Bingo :lol:
  • DavidL said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

Maybe, just maybe the next time some psychopaths in Hamas say,” I know let’s go and murder some babies and rape and burn alive some women because, you know, they’re Jews” , one or more of their pals might say, “ you know what, I am not sure that is a great idea.”
    There are no murderous psychopaths in the Israeli govt.?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,746

DavidL said:

Test:

How many would have died without the Hamas attack into Israel?

All deaths for the past 7 weeks can be laid at the door of Hamas. Israelis, Palestinians, members of Hamas, members of the IDF.

They knew what they were provoking. They have built a defence network that depends on the IDF not attacking military facilities under mosques, schools, universities, hospitals. No-one on either side expected them to hold off.

• MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,594
    Pulpstar said:

They joy of a pliant press. Imagine the Telegraph/DM if a Labour gov had immigration at such a level.
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 21,165
    Pulpstar said:

Migration is the only thing delivering anaemic growth.
    Without it, the UK would be in recession already.

Test:

You are despicable

Which is the same point you have repeated day after day.

Motive matters.

Test:

You are despicable

It is not a war it is a slaughter.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,441

Foxy said:

Red Wall VI (19 Nov):

Labour 50% (+2)
    Conservative 26% (-6)
    Reform UK 11% (+5)
    Green 6% (+2)
    Liberal Democrat 5% (-2)
    Other 2% (-1)

Changes +/- 22 Oct

The Red Wall seats voted Con 47, Lab 38, Rfm/Brexit 7, LD 4 according to the RW graphic compared to Con 44.7, :Lab 33.0, Rfm/Brexit 2.1%, LD 11.8% for GB as a whole.

So it equates roughly to a Lab 45, Con 24 full poll.

Test:

You are despicable

Which is the same point you have repeated day after day.

Motive matters.
    Well, those are the ratios, roughly 10:1.
  • Roger said:

Test:

You are despicable

I'm not sure those killed or their relatives would recognise your subtle distinction
    Your facile ability to even consider it a "subtle distinction" reminds me of your previous on rape apology
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,366
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,434

Pulpstar said:

If immigration is delivering growth - but GDP *per head* isn't rising... Then you'd have a situation where people think the economy is in recession, personally, but the headline would say....

Yes.
    Roger said:

Test:

You are despicable

But national leaders need to rise above - understandable - emotion and focus on facts. That’s their job.

Hamas raped, tortured and murdered over a thousand innocent Israelis (and others). The IDF is fighting a war. I believe they are trying to minimise civilian casualties within the limits of their battlefield instructions. Other armies might sacrifice operational effectiveness to reduce the number of casualties. I am sure the Russians would not be as careful.

Pulpstar said:

They joy of a pliant press. Imagine the Telegraph/DM if a Labour gov had immigration at such a level.
    They’re too embarrassed now after telling their readers leaving the EU would see lower immigration . They must clearly think their readers are stupid and don’t remember now they were duped . Sadly most are still in denial.

Pulpstar said:

And we have full employment too.

Foxy said:

nico679 said:

DavidL said:

Test:

If you are correct I think they've now had their pound of flesh and it's time to move on. Killing Gazans by the lorry load because they can will achieve nothing except pile odium on them throughout the world.
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Roger said:

Test:

You are despicable

It is not a war it is a slaughter.
    Typically, under such circumstances, the side that's losing surrenders. You don't seem very keen on that, for some reason.
  • Hamas mouthpiece Sunil admits to having an Excel of his terrorist tallies

That is PB nerd news

Roger said:

Test:

You are despicable

But national leaders need to rise above - understandable - emotion and focus on facts. That’s their job.

Hamas raped, tortured and murdered over a thousand innocent Israelis (and others). The IDF is fighting a war. I believe they are trying to minimise civilian casualties within the limits of their battlefield instructions. Other armies might sacrifice operational effectiveness to reduce the number of casualties. I am sure the Russians would not be as careful.

Not sure the IDF would want to be compared with Russia . We should expect better from Israel and shouldn’t allow them to avoid questions because they might not be as bad as others . No one looking at the devastation can say that they were all really Hamas targets . Northern Gaza is close to being uninhabitable, all infrastructure is gone , its a wasteland . It’s like a nuclear bomb went off .
  • Hamas mouthpiece Sunil admits to having an Excel of his terrorist tallies

That is PB nerd news

Which do you think looks better, Bloodthirsty Blanche?

This discussion has been closed.