Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov asked people to predict what the national voting int

124»

Comments

• Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    P!ssing off a former CIA spook must be the tasty icing on the cake for GU students.

'Prof Scheuer, the Professor of Security Studies at Georgetown University in the US, claimed Mr Snowden was a traitor who had damaged US and British interests.
    He told BBC radio's Good Morning Scotland programme: "It goes to show the failure of the education system in teaching the importance of patriotism and loyalty to their country. It strikes me as showing the naivety of students.
    "Edward Snowden is someone who has done his best to damage our country and Britain."
    Prof Scheuer said Mr Snowden should not be regarded as a hero for leaking government security documents to the media, adding: "If that were the case, he would have stayed in the United States and fought the battle here. I tend to think he may way have been working for the Russians all along."'

http://tinyurl.com/q9595f7
  • Options
    JackW said:

A further difficulty for the GOP is that Virginia will continue to trend blue as the burgeoning suburbs of DC continue to impinge on the state.

You could make a case on coherency of governance grounds of redrawing the boundaries of DC to include the suburbs, which would have the advantage for Republicans of taking them out of the state of Virginia.

Has any Republican proposed that?
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    taffys said:

So we now have an economy with low inflation, record employment, low unemployment and high growth yet Labour are at 40% in the polls?

Indeed, its worrying for the coalition. Their economic performance seems to have no traction with voters at all.

I wonder what people are thinking. Are there just some voters now who just vote against the current government just because they are the government with their performance being irrelevant. I do wonder what the extra 11% who now say they are going to vote labour think labour are going to do that will benefit them and the country.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

A further difficulty for the GOP is that Virginia will continue to trend blue as the burgeoning suburbs of DC continue to impinge on the state.

You could make a case on coherency of governance grounds of redrawing the boundaries of DC to include the suburbs, which would have the advantage for Republicans of taking them out of the state of Virginia.

Has any Republican proposed that?
    Even gerrymandering of state lines might be a step too far for the GOP.

Essentially demographics are trending blue and latent GOP hostility to latinos is costing them dear.

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,067
    Socrates said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Scott_P said:

@TimGattITV: OsBo allows Scotland to borrow money from international bond markets - @itvrichard analyses this "sudden generosity" http://t.co/7IOKaduFhJ

More flim flam, just means being able to borrow very limited pocket money direct rather than through Westminster. No change and no advantage for Scotland.
    Why would the SNP 'we'll renege on our debt if we don't get our way' government be leery of entering the international bond market, I wonder?
    It is a poxy £2B
    How much more do you want to borrow?

If we were free of the London bloodsuckers we would not need to borrow, the requirement is only there because London squanders our money on illegal wars , Trident and London infrastructure and benefits.
    So I understand that a lot of people think Iraq was an illegal war, but how do you get to the plural "illegal wars"?
    Afghanistan was little better and just as pointless and we got stuffed..
  • Options

And, in other news, I see Ian Birrell has written an article tipping Jeremy Hunt as a possible Conservative leader after Dave:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/19/replace-david-cameron-tory-leader

I mentioned this a few months ago - in fact, I have a tenner at 66/1 invested in it from a while back. You can still get 33/1 PP and Wm Hill.

A class act, he has kept that most odious of men Burnham very quiet in recent months. The comparison with Gove is fair, he is a politician of the highest calibre.
  • Options

Who are the real bullies in the Scottish independence debate?
    An honest disagreement of what is in the national interest cannot be had. No voters are at best careless of Scotland’s interests and, more probably, motivated by malice. You are, as George W Bush once said, with us or against us.

As dividing lines go this is as crude as it is effective. Real Scots vote for independence, plastic Scots vote No.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/alex-massie/2014/02/who-are-the-real-bullies-in-the-scottish-independence-debate/

Nationalists never cast aspersions about their opponents on here, do they?

Only under severe proocation, you can only turn a cheek so many times. Eventually you have to sort out a bully.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

New independent analysis by Jefferies investment bank shows that Scottish bond yields would jump five percentage points if Mr Salmond walked away from the country's debt obligations after independence.

The pain would be passed on to Scottish homeowners who would pay £5,200 more every year on their mortgages, Mr Alexander said, adding that this proved Mr Salmond would never carry out the threat.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10648683/Alex-Salmonds-debt-threat-would-cost-Scots-5200-a-year.html

Doing well , so that means we are now over £37K a year worse off. Must be hell for those on benefits or average wage. As ever more unionist "insert suitable swear words".
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    macisback said:

And, in other news, I see Ian Birrell has written an article tipping Jeremy Hunt as a possible Conservative leader after Dave:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/19/replace-david-cameron-tory-leader

I mentioned this a few months ago - in fact, I have a tenner at 66/1 invested in it from a while back. You can still get 33/1 PP and Wm Hill.

A class act, he has kept that most odious of men Burnham very quiet in recent months. The comparison with Gove is fair, he is a politician of the highest calibre.
    Actually only 20/1 at WmHill right now. I expect this article moved the market.

This discussion has been closed.