Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The election betting numbers barely moved over the past month – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,047
edited July 2023 in General
imageThe election betting numbers barely moved over the past month – politicalbetting.com

I come to these betting numbers once again to underline the fact the perceptions of the general election outcome remain largely unchanged. The money continues to go on a LAB majority.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,866
    edited July 2023
    First, like Rishi Rich to offer his resignation to the King on the day after the GE.

I hope.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,516
    Dyslexic support group had their citrus fruit stolen. That's the trouble with people; give them an inch ....
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,866
    There is the possibility for the Tories to have more seats than Labour, but for Labour to form a government.

That would be good for the lols, but perhaps not the most stable administration.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 13,643
    Looking at the above, I can see OGH's strategy. Perhaps backing NOM isn't an attractive trade just yet but my become so if more money goes on a Labour overall majority.

PP have a Labour minority at 7/2 - I think it extremely unlikely Davey will go into any kind of coalition with Starmer after the next GE so if Labour ends up with 290-320 seats that looks a reasonable bet.

My personal view remains the polls show a large Labour majority but of course there's time to go and not a single vote has been cast. Starmer needs, I think, to be a little less cautious but he knows he needs the votes of disillusioned ex-Conservatives (he has between 15-20% of the 2019 Conservative vote already) or at worst he needs them to stay at home.

I'm sure he won't be bothered if he wins big on a large turnout or wins big on a smaller turnout. Legitimacy isn't about numbers of votes - it's about bums on benches.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,601
    I'm still not convinced LAB will get an overall majority. No one likes CON anymore but very little real enthusiasm for Keir and LAB.

However if LAB get 300 - 320 then I think Davey and LD would be very happy to provide confidence and supply NOT coalition. So looks like Keir becomes PM after all.
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,196
    Twitter account posts child sexual abuse material and gets banned. Musk reinstates the account.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgwa7z/twitter-elon-musk-dom-lucre-child-sexual-abuse
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,053
    kjh said:

Dyslexic support group had their citrus fruit stolen. That's the trouble with people; give them an inch ....

Tries various anagrams of "citrus"
    Tries various anagrams of "inch"
    Complete saying "and they'll take a mile"
    Realise that "mile" is an anagram of "lime"
    Internally verbalise saying "...and they'll take a lime"
    Confirm that joke matches intent of author.
    Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 70,627

Twitter account posts child sexual abuse material and gets banned. Musk reinstates the account.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgwa7z/twitter-elon-musk-dom-lucre-child-sexual-abuse

This is getting beyond a joke.
    viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

Do you have a machine gun?
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,516
    viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

Took me ages, but when I got it, it tickled me.
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 12,069
    Agree. At the moment I think Lab majority and NOM are about level pegging. Value therefore in NOM.

The range of outcomes giving NOM is very large. A Lab majority requires a very specific sort of future performance from Lab, Con and events between now and the election.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,358
    Suella Braverman has bought tents to accommodate up to 2,000 migrants on disused military sites by the end of August as part of emergency plans to avoid the expensive process of last-minute hotel bookings.

The marquees, which have been procured by the Home Office in the past few days, will start to be erected over the coming weeks as part of contingency plans to deal with an expected surge of small boat arrivals.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/channel-migrant-marquees-summer-arrivals-uk-2023-krbcxv9fg
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

I do now, Hans... :)
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

I do now, Hans... :)
    Blimey, is it Christmas 🎄 already?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,357
    edited July 2023
    O/T

Lesley Manville on Who Do You Think You Are on BBC1. We mentioned her a few weeks ago wrt the film Phantom Thread starring Daniel Day-Lewis.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,454
    Scott_xP said:

Suella Braverman has bought tents to accommodate up to 2,000 migrants on disused military sites by the end of August as part of emergency plans to avoid the expensive process of last-minute hotel bookings.

The marquees, which have been procured by the Home Office in the past few days, will start to be erected over the coming weeks as part of contingency plans to deal with an expected surge of small boat arrivals.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/channel-migrant-marquees-summer-arrivals-uk-2023-krbcxv9fg

Will the war be over by Christmas?
    kjh said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

Took me ages, but when I got it, it tickled me.
    I think viewcode felt it was a lemon.
    Scott_xP said:

Just when you think it's safe to vote Conservative up pops Cruella.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 94,977
    This tweet attaching a letter purportedly from a town council in Nadine Dorries' constituency lambasting her for not resigning is funny, sure, but my main takeaway is astonishment that any constituency of 70,000 can have a largest settlement of less than 14,000 people. That's not just an area of small towns, it must be nothing but large villages!

https://nitter.net/AdamBienkov/status/1684498168753393665#m
    Scott_xP said:

Look, Suella, when Rishi said he needed a solution that would go better in canvassing, that wasn't what he meant.
    ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

Look, Suella, when Rishi said he needed a solution that would go better in canvassing, that wasn't what he meant.
    It probably was.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,731
    viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

Did you hear my joke about the dyslexic man who walked into a bra?

I'm still not convinced LAB will get an overall majority. No one likes CON anymore but very little real enthusiasm for Keir and LAB.

However if LAB get 300 - 320 then I think Davey and LD would be very happy to provide confidence and supply NOT coalition. So looks like Keir becomes PM after all.

Ignoring 1997, there are plenty of instances of large numbers of seats changing hands. In 2010, Brown lost 91 seats and Cameron gained 96, in 1970 Heath gained 77 and Wilson lost 75. Admittedly the 1970 result was in a much more two-party system but 2010 wasn't.

The other side is the Conservatives have very few friends in the event of a Hung Parliament - perhaps just the DUP with its 8 seats currently.
    Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

I was slightly surprised to learn yesterday that our neighbours have just got engaged because, old-fashioned though this makes me, their child - a bonny boy, was born last November and they bought and have lived in the house for yonks. A lovely couple, the same age as my children - they used to play together during summer holidays.

I kinda yearn for the traditional order: meeting - courtship - move in - marriage - babies - several decades later wondering where the hell the time has gone etc.,.

I have been listening to Stephanie Coontz book "Marriage - a History" and it seems that order not very traditional at all, indeed quite a recent and shortlived version of marriage.
    So like many things people believe to be longstanding (and thus traditional).
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

it's the yaw you let them
    Scott_xP said:

At current rates of arrival, that is about 3 weeks worth:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats-last-7-days
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,905
    Scott_xP said:

How kind of her . She’s all heart ! Perhaps she can turn it into a Glastonbury for migrants ! What a hideous woman , the Home Office is a cesspit where cruelty is the raison d’etre.

Of course made worse now by her arrival. Only an alleged daughter of migrants could get away with what she does , put in position because the gullible public might think how can a migrants daughter show zero humanity towards others who were in the same boat !

Anyone who dreams of seeing refugees shipped off to Rwanda , who would positively enjoy seeing that human misery is beneath contempt .
    kle4 said:

This tweet attaching a letter purportedly from a town council in Nadine Dorries' constituency lambasting her for not resigning is funny, sure, but my main takeaway is astonishment that any constituency of 70,000 can have a largest settlement of less than 14,000 people. That's not just an area of small towns, it must be nothing but large villages!

Largest town in the Forest of Dean is Lydney, around 10,000.

Ludlow's largest town would be Ludlow, at about the same size.

Wales of course has many constituencies with almost no large towns in them. Arfon, Brecon and Radnor, Ceredigion, Preseli Pembrokeshire, Ynys Môn have between them one settlement with a five figure population - Aberystwyth, which is 15,000 excluding students.
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

It probably was.
    I think you are confusing effect and in tent.
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

It probably was.
    What Suella would really like is the “ final solution “ one can only imagine the joy she’d derive from seeing the “ boat people “ shipped off to the nearest oven .
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

He was well in his cups.
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

I was slightly surprised to learn yesterday that our neighbours have just got engaged because, old-fashioned though this makes me, their child - a bonny boy, was born last November and they bought and have lived in the house for yonks. A lovely couple, the same age as my children - they used to play together during summer holidays.

I kinda yearn for the traditional order: meeting - courtship - move in - marriage - babies - several decades later wondering where the hell the time has gone etc.,.

I have been listening to Stephanie Coontz book "Marriage - a History" and it seems that order not very traditional at all, indeed quite a recent and shortlived version of marriage.
    Yes, the postwar type of marriage was a fairly modern innovation it seems. A fascinating listen and some really interesting ideas, how marriage was until the nineteenth century very little about love and mostly about economic alliances big and small, and also control of property.

Indeed the sort of marriage that @Cyclefree described of her neighbour may well be very traditional in establishing clear property rights.
  • MiklosvarMiklosvar Posts: 1,855
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

No, but I read it in private eye this morning
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

Well in my family - mostly - this was the order that was followed going back very many generations.

One branch was full of outrageous scandal and breaking of conventions.

I wasn't making a moral point. Just saying that I quite like that order - and couples really getting to know each other and have a life together before children come along.

Anyway off to bed.
    Have we done this yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/27/rishi-sunak-under-pressure-block-ex-ukip-david-campbell-bannerman-potential-tory-candidacy

Who could be next? Farage.

Another reason not to vote Conservative, or will Rishi do the right thing?
    Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

Well in my family - mostly - this was the order that was followed going back very many generations.

I wasn't making a moral point. Just saying that I quite like that order - and couples really getting to know each other and have a life together before children come along.

Anyway off to bed.
    I wasn't criticising if people prefer that approach. Just noting in general terms people have no clue what is and is not actually a longstanding tradition or not in historical terms, since we don't think in such lengthy terms, we think in generations.

Have we done this yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/27/rishi-sunak-under-pressure-block-ex-ukip-david-campbell-bannerman-potential-tory-candidacy

He’ll say he can’t comment as he hasn’t had time to fully read the minutiae of what’s happening re these candidates .

He really is a pathetic spineless waste of space .
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

He was well in his cups.
    Titter ye not!
    edited July 2023
    nico679 said:

Have we done this yet?

He’ll say he can’t comment as he hasn’t had time to fully read the minutiae of what’s happening re these candidates .

He really is a pathetic spineless waste of space .
    Can I put you down as a "maybe"?
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

Yes, the postwar type of marriage was a fairly modern innovation it seems. A fascinating listen and some really interesting ideas, how marriage was until the nineteenth century very little about love and mostly about economic alliances big and small, and also control of property.
    Had to be pretty practical I imagine - everyone working on something, from the parents down to the children. I wonder what the medieval equivalent of a shotgun wedding was too.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 51,092
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

kjh said:

Laugh dutifully.

"Ho, Ho, Ho."

Storm in a D-cup.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,503
    Russophobia is it?

Why does vanilla not only save deleted posts which is why we have to delete and save three dots, but also randomly save posted posts?
    edited July 2023

Have we done this yet?

Yes, once again the Grauniad well up to standard, the majority in South Norfolk is 21,275 - 36,000 is the approximate size of the Conservative vote.

Would be vulnerable on a 17% swing to Labour so not out of the question. It's the 229th most marginal Conservative seat.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 51,092
    Cyclefree said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

Anyway off to bed.
    With whom? ;)
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 120,999

Have we done this yet?

DCB has long been a Tory, he worked for Sir Patrick Mayhew and was a Tory councillor in Tunbridge Wells in the 1990s and I campaigned with him when he was Conservative candidate for Warwick and Leamington in 2001.

He was briefly UKIP, being UKIP candidate for North Cornwall in 2005 but was a Conservative MEP again under Cameron and has been a Tory since
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,278
    nico679 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

It probably was.
    What Suella would really like is the “ final solution “ one can only imagine the joy she’d derive from seeing the “ boat people “ shipped off to the nearest oven .
    You might read up on how your beloved europeans treat asylum seekers:

https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/news-feature/behind-the-housing-crisis-for-asylum-seekers-in-france
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Wales of course has many constituencies with almost no large towns in them. Arfon, Brecon and Radnor, Ceredigion, Preseli Pembrokeshire, Ynys Môn have between them one settlement with a five figure population - Aberystwyth, which is 15,000 excluding students.
    Indeed, anywhere with a population of over 10,000 - 50,000 is really a small town not a village
    HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

DCB has long been a Tory, he worked for Sir Patrick Mayhew and was a Tory councillor in Tunbridge Wells in the 1990s and I campaigned with him when he was Conservative candidate for Warwick and Leamington in 2001.

He was briefly UKIP, being UKIP candidate for North Cornwall in 2005 but was a Conservative MEP again under Cameron and has been a Tory since
    If he is a Tory, he is nonetheless a scary Tory.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,462
    ydoethur said:

This is getting beyond a joke.
    Note, that tweeter is also one of the people who gets money from Twitters new ad revenue share scheme.

The question is whether his new wizard wheeze for revenue growth will offset the advertisers appalled that their customers' ads is on the same site as such ads, or worse, appear alongside them.
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I like to imagine sometimes what it would be like to live in historical times (well protected and funded of course), and one thing that I think would cause the most dissonance would be how empty many places will have been.

Consider places we regard as having fairly low population density today, like Wales, but even with the swathes of low populated areas the bits where people live do still support a population something like 4x what it was just 200 years ago. What was England like when the second biggest city had only 10,000 people?

Then think about places like Egypt which support more than 10x the population they did 200 years ago, or a place like Mongolia, which has the lowest population density of any country yet is apparently even emptier than you'd think, since half the population live in the capital city.

Russophobia is it?

Wash your mouth out. He's in the House of Lords don't you know?
    HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

I seem to recall you being scathing and dismissive of the idea people who stood against Conservatives being permitted to rejoin the party and be reselected as candidates, even when it was pointed out it does indeed happen.

Russophobia is it?

Barely. His attendance and contribution are, I believe, pretty risible. It's almost like most peers don't treat appointment seriously.

Under my proposals such people would forfeit their right to sit as Lords by their lack of work ethic - which is acceptable, unlike in the Commons, since they cannot be judged by an electorate.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,503

Russophobia is it?

Must be great to be so rich as to have your own organ on which to platform your half-baked bullshit.
    edited July 2023
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

I seem to recall you being scathing and dismissive of the idea people who stood against Conservatives being permitted to rejoin the party and be reselected as candidates, even when it was pointed out it does indeed happen.
    Only if they get elected for that other party does it occasionally happen if they are willing to defect, as DCB was elected as a UKIP MEP in 2009 before defecting back to the Tories in 2011
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I like to imagine sometimes what it would be like to live in historical times (well protected and funded of course), and one thing that I think would cause the most dissonance would be how empty many places will have been.

Consider places we regard as having fairly low population density today, like Wales, but even with the swathes of low populated areas the bits where people live do still support a population something like 4x what it was just 200 years ago. What was England like when the second biggest city had only 10,000 people?

Then think about places like Egypt which support more than 10x the population they did 200 years ago, or a place like Mongolia, which has the lowest population density of any country yet is apparently even emptier than you'd think, since half the population live in the capital city.
    I tell a lie, it'd be the shitting in buckets that would cause the most dissonance.
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

Only if they get elected for that other party does it occasionally happen if they are willing to defect, as DCB was elected as a UKIP MEP in 2009 before defecting back to the Tories in 2011
    So if I follow this correctly, it is an unconscionable crime to quit the party and stand for another against a Conservative...unless they succeed in beating a Conservative, but then convert back?

Sounds rough on the unsuccessful traitors.
    edited July 2023

Why does vanilla not only save deleted posts which is why we have to delete and save three dots, but also randomly save posted posts?

My supposition is that if you hit post just as vanilla is autosaving a draft post, it bugs out and so it can stick around even though you've posted.
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

Had to be pretty practical I imagine - everyone working on something, from the parents down to the children. I wonder what the medieval equivalent of a shotgun wedding was too.
    It seems that many weddings before the 19th century were unchurched, particularly in the social classes without much property. People were married if they said they were.

Abortion, infanticide and abandoning of foundling all reasonably common too.
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

So if I follow this correctly, it is an unconscionable crime to quit the party and stand for another against a Conservative...unless they succeed in beating a Conservative, but then convert back?

Churchill of course was a Liberal MP but lost his seat in Dundee in 1922. He wasn't even a member of the Conservative Party when he won Epping in 1924 (he stood as a Constitutionalist) and only joined the party when Baldwin made him Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Whether he was actually a traditional Tory or a National Liberal I leave to others to consider.
    kle4 said:

Russophobia is it?

Barely. His attendance and contribution are, I believe, pretty risible. It's almost like most peers don't treat appointment seriously.

Under my proposals such people would forfeit their right to sit as Lords by their lack of work ethic - which is acceptable, unlike in the Commons, since they cannot be judged by an electorate.
    To be fair, the one positive about Lord Lebedev of Bakhmut and Bucha is that he rarely shows up to make our laws.

A cull of about half or more of the Lords would be very worthwhile.
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I tell a lie, it'd be the shitting in buckets that would cause the most dissonance.
    Clearly never been camping...
    stodge said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

Churchill of course was a Liberal MP but lost his seat in Dundee in 1922. He wasn't even a member of the Conservative Party when he won Epping in 1924 (he stood as a Constitutionalist) and only joined the party when Baldwin made him Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Whether he was actually a traditional Tory or a National Liberal I leave to others to consider.
    Whatever the truth of that I think it's pretty uncontentious that parties will forgive pretty much any partisan sin if they think they will win another seat by doing so. They've got wiggle room to exclude anyone they wish to, and standing against them would be a good stick to have, but it's not a permanent black mark and never was.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,466
    Just be presented with a xmas tree ad on a newspaper website.

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I'm very much of the 'We invented civilization so we don't have to live in a tent' tribe.

Urban slums for me all the way, none of this return to nature stuff. Unless it's glamping.
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I'm very much of the 'We invented civilization so we don't have to live in a tent' tribe.

Urban slums for me all the way, none of this return to nature stuff. Unless it's glamping.
    To enjoy camping you have to start young. I love it, indeed its the best bit of music festivals for me.

Glazing is just wrong. Either camp properly or stay in a hotel.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 17,444
    edited July 2023
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Population of a number of Irish counties is still comfortably below the pre-famine level, partly because so much of the Irish population now lives in the Greater Dublin area. When you then factor in the movement of population within those counties to the towns (or cities) in those counties and the rural areas are astonishingly sparsely populated today compared to relatively recent history.

Visited Heir Island last weekend for lunch at the cottage - very highly recommended - and there's a sign on the island stating that the permanent population is now 20, compared to over 200 at the start of the 20th century, when a large population was supported by fishing (mainly lobster boats).

I imagine there are a lot of places even in Britain which would have a similar story, certainly in the Highlands of Scotland where large rural populations were cleared to make way for sheep, and probably more rural areas then you might imagine when you factor in the scale of urbanisation that has occurred since the start of the Industrial Revolution.

So, yes, towns and cities would have been a lot, lot smaller, but rural areas might often have been more densely populated than they are today.
  • MichaelMichael Posts: 26

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Population of a number of Irish counties is still comfortably below the pre-famine level, partly because so much of the Irish population now lives in the Greater Dublin area. When you then factor in the movement of population within those counties to the towns (or cities) in those counties and the rural areas are astonishingly sparsely populated today compared to relatively recent history.

Visited Heir Island last weekend for lunch at the cottage - very highly recommended - and there's a sign on the island stating that the permanent population is now 20, compared to over 200 at the start of the 20th century, when a large population was supported by fishing (mainly lobster boats).

I imagine there are a lot of places even in Britain which would have a similar story, certainly in the Highlands of Scotland where large rural populations were cleared to make way for sheep, and probably more rural areas then you might imagine when you factor in the scale of urbanisation that has occurred since the start of the Industrial Revolution.

So, yes, towns and cities would have been a lot, lot smaller, but rural areas might often have been more densely populated than they are today.
    Another amazing thing is in China there are a lot of million plus cities we have never heard of.
    Interestingly Trump 9/4 for us presidency with Biden 2/1 so very close. RFK jr third favourite at 11/1.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 3,531
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

To enjoy camping you have to start young. I love it, indeed its the best bit of music festivals for me.

I once took quite a lot of acid on a camping trip. Then got spooked by some people coming out of a fancy house And while 'escaping' them, got spooked by the moon which was likely trapped in a road salt box. Then spent the rest of the night worrying that I'd wet myself.

Kids, don't do drugs.

At least, not those ones,

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex_xUbvOeH0
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,420

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Mainly because before mechanisation took over, you needed a lot of people to work the lane. Or fish.
    RFK jr making some very interesting points here.

RFK Jr: “Lockdowns created a new US billionaire per day… In 500 days we moved $4 trillion to the super-rich.” Hannity: “In retrospect, in the early days we didn’t know what we were dealing with. Let’s be fair.” RFK Jr: “I’m not going to be fair.”

https://twitter.com/michaelpsenger/status/1684249556652036096?s=20
    More from RFK. These points will resonate.

We don’t have free market capitalism in this country. What we have is socialism for the super rich, and brutal capitalism for the poor. Thanks

@seanhannity

and

@FoxNews

for the great discussion.

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1684052425056079876?s=20
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 17,444

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Mainly because before mechanisation took over, you needed a lot of people to work the lanf. Or fish.
    Also, before efficient and fast transport over long distances a lot of production and services had to be very local - local blacksmith, leatherworker, creamery, etc. A lot of the dairy farms round here send their milk to a big cheese plant at Ballineen - 20 miles away. They won't have been doing that 200 years ago, so there would have had to be more people closer by to process the milk.
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Can confirm

Your man on the spot in a 2 man tent at Belladrum
    edited July 2023
    stodge said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

Epping now has a Conservative MP but mainly LD district councillors, so perhaps it suited him.

Next year we have a dinner celebrating 100 years since he was the area's MP (back then it included pre new town Harlow and rural areas around it, as well as Epping Forest and Chingford, Woodford and Wanstead). Nicholas Soames and Randolph Churchill due to attend
    This is kennedy on the vaccines.

No one in their right mind would have injected the experimental mRNA shots (with zero long-term safety data) into their body if they were fully informed about Ivermectin, HCQ, Zinc & Vitamin D.

https://twitter.com/CKellyUAP/status/1684101316971487233?s=20
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,228
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

So, it's OK to take duplicitous shits, who don't care to serve for the party under whose banner they were elected. But it's not OK to take someone who instead chooses to switch party while not elected?

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Mainly because before mechanisation took over, you needed a lot of people to work the lane. Or fish.
    Working the lane sounds a bit louche

One thing often underestimated is the effect of barbed wire, before which keeping walls and hedges stock proof was an endless job
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 8,271
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

If you do it with a companion, is that double glazing?
    We are now starting to see the medium-term adverse side effects of the Covid and they are frightening Pushing an experimental medical intervention, using a novel technology without any medium/long term safety data is starting to look like the greatest mistake in human history

Noticing the health of many people now in steep decline. Sad.

If RFK leads on this he could win the election and rein in big pharma.

https://twitter.com/CKellyUAP/status/1684218152429780996?s=20
    There are just no appropriate words. 1 in 35 people who took the jab have got myocarditis. The 5 year prognosis for myocarditis is 50% of people will die within that time period. 1 in 35 for a virus that has a survival rate of 99.8%

https://twitter.com/chrislittlewoo8/status/1684303694857113607?s=20
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,420
    Miklosvar said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

One thing often underestimated is the effect of barbed wire, before which keeping walls and hedges stock proof was an endless job
    All part of the automation of farming. The funny thing is that you still get some weird progressives pining for the days of subsistence farming. Generally the kind of people who’ve never actually dug a hole by hand.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,378
    Michael said:

There are just no appropriate words. 1 in 35 people who took the jab have got myocarditis. The 5 year prognosis for myocarditis is 50% of people will die within that time period. 1 in 35 for a virus that has a survival rate of 99.8%

Oh god, here we go again.

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I had a window to edit the autocorrect to glamping but got shuttered out by time.
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

So, it's OK to take duplicitous shits, who don't care to serve for the party under whose banner they were elected. But it's not OK to take someone who instead chooses to switch party while not elected?
    Realpolitik
    Russian dementia care facilities using Biden on their poster lol

https://twitter.com/joiedevivre789/status/1683933104342462465?s=20
    edited July 2023
    Michael said:

The excess deaths were associated with the viral peaks, not the vaccine peaks:

Myocarditis is 10 times as common after covid infection than the vaccine.

Anti-vaxxing is why so many Russians and MAGA Republicans died needlessly.

• CookieCookie Posts: 13,025
    Michael said:

Michael, I don't know if you sincerely believe this, or if you're trolling. If the former, please rest assured that this is nonsense.

Michael said:

Maybe but RFK jr is standing on this platform.
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Have we done this yet?

Realpolitik
    Precisely. So it is curious you were in such denial about the party acting in such a flexible way before.
    RFK jr also is a man of peace. 310000 ukrainians now dead.
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

I had a window to edit the autocorrect to glamping but got shuttered out by time.
    A tent with glass windows would be glamping, no?

(Or clamping as autocorrect would have it.)
    edited July 2023

Michael said:

We've moved onto the Russians now, very efficient coverage.
    kle4 said:

Michael said:

We've moved onto the Russians now, very efficient coverage.
    Or desperate.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 13,025
    Miklosvar said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

My mother volunteers as a dry stone waller.
    It's very interesting, and she finds it very satisfying. But my goodness is it a labour intensive way to separate land.
    This is what I find most baffling about the olden days. So many things simply took days and days and days of labour. How did people find the time?
    Cookie said:

Michael said:

Michael, I don't know if you sincerely believe this, or if you're trolling. If the former, please rest assured that this is nonsense.
    Of course you are a great medical expert.
    More on RFK jr.

RFK Jr: ‘Plot for Cashless Society Is About Turning Humans Into Slaves’ CBDC's are about giving the government and those who control the governments namely the #WEF2030Agenda with German Chairman Klaus Schwab pulling the strings of his puppets in our governments total control over us. #GlobalResistance #Outlaws

https://twitter.com/JimFergusonUK/status/1684120344016171009?s=20
This discussion has been closed.