Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Kate Forbes tops a Scottish poll – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,020
edited March 2023 in General
imageKate Forbes tops a Scottish poll – politicalbetting.com

This is how the S Times is reporting its Panelbase poll of Scottish voters. Note though that it will be SNP members who finally decide:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,720
    First! Though the tortoise ate my nomination papers.
  • Options
    We need to discuss Scottish racism, lay Yousaf.

Panelbase also found that candidates’ religious views may have little impact on voter sentiment. Electing an SNP leader who is a practising Christian would make 12 per cent of voters more likely to vote SNP and 10 per cent less likely, while the vast majority (70 per cent) said it would make no difference.

Similarly, electing a Muslim as SNP leader would make 5 per cent more likely and 14 per cent less likely to vote SNP
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,233
    Interesting. It seems like the public can draw a distinction between private religious belief and public policy, even if the media and Kate Forbes are unable to do so.
  • Options

Panelbase also found that candidates’ religious views may have little impact on voter sentiment. Electing an SNP leader who is a practising Christian would make 12 per cent of voters more likely to vote SNP and 10 per cent less likely, while the vast majority (70 per cent) said it would make no difference.

Similarly, electing a Muslim as SNP leader would make 5 per cent more likely and 14 per cent less likely to vote SNP

Didn’t Galloway claimed to be Muslim at some point? Tbf I don’t think it’d have the slightest effect on his attractiveness to voters.
  • Options

Interesting. It seems like the public can draw a distinction between private religious belief and public policy, even if the media and Kate Forbes are unable to do so.

The general public are far more sensible than they're given credit for.
  • Options
    Keir Starmer’s election war chest has been given an extraordinary boost after one of the biggest New Labour-era donors returned to the party fold with a £2m donation, the Observer can reveal.

David Sainsbury, who was consistently one of the largest donors under the last Labour government before withdrawing his support, has now renewed his backing with his first multimillion-pound donation since 2016.

In a development claimed by Starmer’s allies as a sign of rising support within the business world, Lord Sainsbury, the former chairman of the Sainsbury’s supermarket chain, said he had been attracted back to Labour by its leader’s desire to “reunite the country around an agenda of economic growth and social justice”.

The news comes as insiders say that the party is now “debt- and deficit-free” after facing significant bills for legal action, redundancies and falling membership revenue that left it plunging into the red at the start of last year. It also signals that the race to raise funds before the next election has already begun.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/25/lord-sainsbury-returns-to-the-labour-fold-with-2m-donation?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1677352148
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

Those figures are hardly dramatic enough to suggest that the glens are exactly brimming with Islamophobia.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377

Didn’t Galloway claimed to be Muslim at some point? Tbf I don’t think it’d have the slightest effect on his attractiveness to voters.
    He did the “I’m not saying, but I don’t eat pork and drink alcohol, unlike my ‘Muslim’ opponent. Who eats pork, drinks alcohol etc”
  • Options
    felix said:

Those figures are hardly dramatic enough to suggest that the glens are exactly brimming with Islamophobia.
    Roughly one in six Scots are less likely to vote for the SNP if they have a Muslim leader.

That's frightening.
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844

Keir Starmer’s election war chest has been given an extraordinary boost after one of the biggest New Labour-era donors returned to the party fold with a £2m donation, the Observer can reveal.

David Sainsbury, who was consistently one of the largest donors under the last Labour government before withdrawing his support, has now renewed his backing with his first multimillion-pound donation since 2016.

In a development claimed by Starmer’s allies as a sign of rising support within the business world, Lord Sainsbury, the former chairman of the Sainsbury’s supermarket chain, said he had been attracted back to Labour by its leader’s desire to “reunite the country around an agenda of economic growth and social justice”.

The news comes as insiders say that the party is now “debt- and deficit-free” after facing significant bills for legal action, redundancies and falling membership revenue that left it plunging into the red at the start of last year. It also signals that the race to raise funds before the next election has already begun.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/25/lord-sainsbury-returns-to-the-labour-fold-with-2m-donation?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1677352148

What regulations did it buy him? I don't believe for a moment this is a man motivated by reuniting the country or social justice the guy is an ass
  • Options

felix said:

Roughly one in six Scots are less likely to vote for the SNP if they have a Muslim leader.

That's frightening.
    Have they asked about SLab?
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    edited February 2023
    FPT; @MaxPB

You can get tins of the absolute finest Ortiz ventresca bonito tuna for under £7 a tin if you keep an eye on thefishsociety.co.uk website, buy in bulk and are prepared to combine Cashback with their new customer offer.

Normally £12-20 in the finest supermarkets.

Best tuna outside of Japan, apparently.

It is very very nice, if a little fatty. I’ve got a cupboard 1/4 full of tins.

It’s my single preparation for a nuclear catastrophe/societal breakdown scenario. 7 year shelflife. Should keep me going for a month or so. Likely to be highly tradeable.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

TBF most Scots seem unbothered, and the result would be similar South of the border.
  • Options

felix said:

That's frightening.
    Getting frightened by one poll is a little ott.
  • Options
    ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

You can get tins of the absolute finest Ortiz bonito tuna for under £7 a tin if you keep an eye on thefishsociety.co.uk website, buy in bulk and are prepared to combine Cashback with their new customer offer.

It’s my single preparation for a nuclear catastrophe/societal breakdown scenario. 7 year shelflife. Should keep me going for a month or so. Likely to be highly tradeable.

if there is a nuclear catastrophe people wont be coming to trade they will be coming to take your stuff
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

TBF most Scots seem unbothered, and the result would be similar South of the border.
    Is it electing a muslim or electing Humza.....frankly I wouldn't vote for him but not because he is a muslim but because he is a racist
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,231

felix said:

That's frightening.
    One in seven, surely?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

You can get tins of the absolute finest Ortiz ventresca bonito tuna for under £7 a tin if you keep an eye on thefishsociety.co.uk website, buy in bulk and are prepared to combine Cashback with their new customer offer.

I'll have a look out for it!
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Sean_F said:

Is it electing a muslim or electing Humza.....frankly I wouldn't vote for him but not because he is a muslim but because he is a racist
    And I wouldn't vote for him for three very good reasons:

1) He's a racist
    2) He's an incompetent twat
    3) I'm not able to because I don't live in Scotland.
  • Options
    ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Talk about fucking first world problems.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Pagan2 said:

Sean_F said:

And I wouldn't vote for him for three very good reasons:

1) He's a racist
    2) He's an incompetent twat
    3) I'm not able to because I don't live in Scotland.
    1) was enough though I agree with 2)
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

felix said:

That's frightening.
    One in seven, surely?
    Lol. Even the maths is hyperbollocking!🤣😀😂

• Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,503
    So, a total of 45 percent favor one of the three candidates. What about the remaining 55 percent?

Even among SNP supporters, the total is only 47 percent. That doesn't suggest much enthusiasm for the choices.

And you do have to wonder why Sturgeon and Salmond haven't brought more political talent into their party.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    Pagan2 said:

Sean_F said:

Making false allegations of race discrimination against a nursery is pretty shabby.

• Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Pagan2 said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

You can get tins of the absolute finest Ortiz bonito tuna for under £7 a tin if you keep an eye on thefishsociety.co.uk website, buy in bulk and are prepared to combine Cashback with their new customer offer.

if there is a nuclear catastrophe people wont be coming to trade they will be coming to take your stuff
    Go back to prepper.com where you belong!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

felix said:

That's frightening.
    One in seven, surely?
    Roughly is doing the heavy lifting in that sentence.
  • Options
    ping said:

Pagan2 said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Go back to prepper.com where you belong!
    Not me claiming I am laying in stocks in case of a nuclear catastrophe.....suspect if anyone is called a prepper it would be you
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334

I think that very few voters will care unless Humza chose to make a big thing of it, any more than people care whether Sunak is a practicing Hindu. The only difficulty about Forbes is that she is perceived to have highlighted her religious beliefs, rather than the standard political evasion that it's a private matter that one doesn't really want to discuss as it doesn't affect policies.

The more fundamentalist one's beliefs, the harder it is to say honestly that they don't affect one's political views, I suppose. Britain is used to politicians whose beliefs, if any, are vague, like Cameron's famous comparison with radio reception when driving through a valley. Being a militant atheist would put many people off too.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    Pagan2 said:

What regulations did it buy him? I don't believe for a moment this is a man motivated by reuniting the country or social justice the guy is an ass
    The disaster capitalists who bankroll Brexit and the Tories got plenty of presumably profitable disaster for their money.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Pagan2 said:

The disaster capitalists who bankroll Brexit and the Tories got plenty of presumably profitable disaster for their money.
    Did I claim they didnt? Anyone donating 2 million to any political cause is doing it for payback
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710

Being told the Harry and Meghan split has happened.....

Oh God! The gloating on here will be unbearable....
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,150
    MaxPB said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Ortiz tinned fish is superb. Trouble is it’s so good you’ll eat your entire stockpile, meant for the long nuclear winter, in a week. Well I did, anyway
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,204
    edited February 2023
    More expensive than my previous suggestion, but I have not tasted this one:

https://www.thefishsociety.co.uk/tinned-bluefin-tuna-belly-meat-cooked-otoro.html

£130 a kilo, or £200 drained.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854
    Evening all :)

To channel my inner @Leon for a moment, not long back from a really busy central London. A very pleasant late lunch in Piccadilly but a rather less pleasant walk back to the tube with the raucous braying of Manchester United and Newcastle fans filling the chill West End evening.

Why do we innocent Londoners have to put up with this nonsense? We're already full of lovely tourists enjoying our hospitality and devalued currency but we now have to deal with thousands of football fans.

Basic economic sense dictates we can hold the EFL Final anywhere - it's not that important - why not at some stadium in the north to avoid all the travelling? I believe football is played at anfield - well, it was, not much evidence of it this season admittedly.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Ortiz tinned fish is superb. Trouble is it’s so good you’ll eat your entire stockpile, meant for the long nuclear winter, in a week. Well I did, anyway
    Yes, I've been getting Ortiz tuna for a while from Sainsbury's but it's £5 per can, the Selfridges can is £7 for double the quantity. It's bloody great tuna, John West and the rest just seems awful now in comparison.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Yes, I've been getting Ortiz tuna for a while from Sainsbury's but it's £5 per can, the Selfridges can is £7 for double the quantity. It's bloody great tuna, John West and the rest just seems awful now in comparison.
    Don't know what you lot are complaining about. Get some Whiskas if you are worried about a few pounds here or there.

This is where the serious money is at:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/luxury-lifestyle/worlds-most-expensive-fish-the-bluefin-tuna-that-became-a-pricey-meal-9866731.html
  • Options
    stodge said:

To channel my inner @Leon for a moment, not long back from a really busy central London. A very pleasant late lunch in Piccadilly but a rather less pleasant walk back to the tube with the raucous braying of Manchester United and Newcastle fans filling the chill West End evening.

Why do we innocent Londoners have to put up with this nonsense? We're already full of lovely tourists enjoying our hospitality and devalued currency but we now have to deal with thousands of football fans.

Basic economic sense dictates we can hold the EFL Final anywhere - it's not that important - why not at some stadium in the north to avoid all the travelling? I believe football is played at anfield - well, it was, not much evidence of it this season admittedly.

Because London is the "capital" where everything "national" has to happen, the odd ecocentre and arboretum apart.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

stodge said:

Because London is the "capital" where everything "national" has to happen, the odd ecocentre and arboretum apart.
    There is no such thing as an innocent londoner
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    stodge said:

I'm afraid that London is black and white this weekend.
  • Options

stodge said:

Last time Newcastle won a trophy.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Just to add to my earlier exclusive - it is Harry that has moved out the family home.
  • Options
    carnforth said:

https://www.thefishsociety.co.uk/tinned-bluefin-tuna-belly-meat-cooked-otoro.html

Some people have WAY more money than sense :lol:
  • Options
    @TheScreamingEagles oh I don't expect to win tomorrow either :D
  • Options

@TheScreamingEagles oh I don't expect to win tomorrow either :D

Loris Karius will win you the final.
  • Options

stodge said:

Last time Newcastle won a trophy.

Labour = Real Madrid
    Tories = Liverpool
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    In other news, and while buildings are lit up in Ukranian colours all over the West, Russia appears to be mounting a serious assault on Bakhmut tonight according to Twitter.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138

As frustrated as regular readers know I get with Scots claims of superior morals and general niceness over the English, these findings hardly point to our northern neighbour being some seething mass of bigotry.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

stodge said:

That's not a view I share or would endorse in terms of the EFL Final which is a backwater competition from which, in my view, Premiership clubs should be excluded and certainly those competing in Europe.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Carnyx said:

stodge said:

That's not a view I share or would endorse in terms of the EFL Final which is a backwater competition from which, in my view, Premiership clubs should be excluded and certainly those competing in Europe.
    Tell me ma, me ma, I wont be home for tea...
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,934
    carnforth said:

I've been watching some SE.Asian cookery shows recently. And... goodness. The price paid for 'the best' fish is quite something.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

stodge said:

Is there anything about which you're not seething?

How do you sustain this constant sense of anger and injustice at the universe?
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,934
    MaxPB said:

ydoethur said:

ping said:

FPT; @MaxPB

Talk about fucking first world problems.
    Only on pb, £7 quid tuna tins. 👌
    The £3.50 I paid for 3 cans of tuna for my cat, however - ... priceless.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,418

Just to add to my earlier exclusive - it is Harry that has moved out the family home.

Ceilings too low for him perhaps.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

stodge said:

Gosh where did you get I was seething from....I make a flippant comment on something someone said..you in this case and suddenly I am seething. Are those that take the piss out of the scots seething? or the welsh? No we are all taking the piss out of people who somehow think their region is more important than anyone else.....if you felt offended its a you problem not a me problem
  • Options
  • Options
    Keeps them away from inflicting their drivel on others?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,233

In other news, and while buildings are lit up in Ukranian colours all over the West, Russia appears to be mounting a serious assault on Bakhmut tonight according to Twitter.

Yes. The Ukrainians are running out of time to retreat.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    Given Forbes only leads Yousaf by 2% amongst SNP voters, amongst SNP members Yousaf might be ahead
  • Options
    stodge said:

Politics at anecdotal level.

With a group of pro-Brexit and normally solid Tory friends, plenty of jokes about "turnips" and widespread ridicule of Therese Coffey.

The real danger isn't when they hate you - it's when they laugh at you. There's a way back if you aren't liked - there's no way back if you become a joke.

More than 2 turnip jokes, plus additional non-turnip related ridicule of Therese Coffey?
  • Options

stodge said:

With a group of pro-Brexit and normally solid Tory friends, plenty of jokes about "turnips" and widespread ridicule of Therese Coffey.

The real danger isn't when they hate you - it's when they laugh at you. There's a way back if you aren't liked - there's no way back if you become a joke.

More than 2 turnip jokes, plus additional non-turnip related ridicule of Therese Coffey?
    Swede ness and light.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

stodge said:

Gosh where did you get I was seething from....I make a flippant comment on something someone said..you in this case and suddenly I am seething. Are those that take the piss out of the scots seething? or the welsh? No we are all taking the piss out of people who somehow think their region is more important than anyone else.....if you felt offended its a you problem not a me problem
    I'm not offended at all. My point was I didn't see why the EFL Final needed to be played in London as a) it's not that important a game and b) there are plenty of perfectly decent stadia across England where the game could be played which would be more convenient to supporters of both sides.

I don't know why you felt so aggrieved at a little light-hearted banter. No matter.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

stodge said:

I'm not offended at all. My point was I didn't see why the EFL Final needed to be played in London as a) it's not that important a game and b) there are plenty of perfectly decent stadia across England where the game could be played which would be more convenient to supporters of both sides.

I don't know why you felt so aggrieved at a little light-hearted banter. No matter.
    Your post came across as "how dare they play the EFL in london, dont you know london is to important for competitions like that. Why don't they hold it up north" you ignored totally that london has the best transport links for a lot of people who might want to go see it which is why many things get held in london....you then accused my light hearted banter of being seething when you were the snobby arsehole saying "Dont you know we are londoners how dare you inflict your unimportant regional final on us".....yours wasnt light hearted banter mine was. Take the beam out of your own eye before removing the mote from your brothers as the christians would say
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.
    Turnipped out nice again.

(gets coat)
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:
    That’s a big blow for Change U.K.
    Do they still even exist?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926

Yes. The Ukrainians are running out of time to retreat.
    Life expectancy on the front lines in Artemosvk is apparently around 4 hours..
  • Options
    ohnotnow said:

carnforth said:

I've been watching some SE.Asian cookery shows recently. And... goodness. The price paid for 'the best' fish is quite something.
    On of the butlers to the servants hall is responsible for getting fish for the servants cats. Apparently proper tuna for the cats…
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.
    Qu'ils mangeant des navets suédois.
  • Options

stodge said:

No, mostly turnip related.

Plenty of Blackadder references and my comment that she couldn't really have said "British people should eat swedes" got a few laughs.

Just a sense Coffey was hopelessly out of touch though, as I said on here the other night, there's a germ of a truth here about the availability of fruit and vegetables and expectations now against say 40 years ago.
  • Options
    Not to mention posting it on here (not you).
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:
    It was a hassle trying to get elected, so they just decided on a rebrand and called themselves Rishi Sunak's cabinet.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    You get a raspberry for that one.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,503
    It's curious how "races" change in popular perception. For example, in the US, in the 1920's, it was common to think of Italians as belonging to a different race than those descended from, for example, Irish or English ancestors.

And that perception, though less common, lasted long enough to pop up in Jimmy Breslin's 1969 novel, "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gang_That_Couldn't_Shoot_Straight_(novel) ("Big Mama", the grandmother of the young Mafia guy who tries to overthrow the Brooklyn boss, gets angered when a young Negro guy describes his block as having mostly colored families, white families, and "Eyetalian" families.)

(I think the book is a fun read -- if you don't mind the violent deaths of a number of young mobsters. And it gives a picture of New York City at the time that is probably mostly accurate. There is some politics in the book, with a mayor modeled, for example, on John Lindsay.)
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    That's already bean done.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    edited February 2023
    HYUFD said:

Given Forbes only leads Yousaf by 2% amongst SNP voters, amongst SNP members Yousaf might be ahead

Yes, indeed - SNP members will follow the Labour and Conservative members textbook.

Voters want Forbes so members will go for Yousaf - the worst choice for electability.

IDS, Ed Miliband, Corbyn, Truss - it's always the same - members just cannot help themselves.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    https://youtu.be/enhE40xOLbU
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    stodge said:

stodge said:

Plenty of Blackadder references and my comment that she couldn't really have said "British people should eat swedes" got a few laughs.

Just a sense Coffey was hopelessly out of touch though, as I said on here the other night, there's a germ of a truth here about the availability of fruit and vegetables and expectations now against say 40 years ago.
    She could have hailed back to the spacious days of Good Queen Bess, when they believed tomatoes were poison.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    The "no answer" group is so large that the differences don't matter much.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    https://youtu.be/enhE40xOLbU
    Funnily enough, I was just watching The Worm that Turned.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,987
    Pagan2 said:

FF43 said:

Pagan2 said:

Did I claim they didnt? Anyone donating 2 million to any political cause is doing it for payback
    What about people that leave vast sums in their wills?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

FF43 said:

Pagan2 said:

What about people that leave vast sums in their wills?
    Fecking virtue signallers.

It always annoys me that Washington got a free pass from the anti-slavery woke lobby because he freed his slaves in his will, which shows he was a Conscientious Master.

No he wasn't. If he was, he'd have freed them when he was alive. He freed them because he had no further use for them and no direct heir.

Same with people who give nothing to charity when they're alive and then salve their conscience by publicly leaving gazillions they can't put in a shroud.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    You need to do a runner!
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    That’s a neep comment.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    You need to do a runner!
    What are you saying, old bean?
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:
    Except they wound up in the wake of the 2019 election.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    That’s a neep comment.
    This punning contest has reduced this thread to tatties.

And with that, good night.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:
    Bloody hell, Sunil, even HYFUD saw what I was trying to do there. But I guess it’s not funny if you have to explain it.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932

felix said:

That's frightening.
    Usual bollocks
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,613

stodge said:

stodge said:

She could have hailed back to the spacious days of Good Queen Bess, when they believed tomatoes were poison.
    No tomatoes in Sainsbury tonight, nor turnips either, though they did have some bags of salad.

I didn't peruse the tinned fish section so cannot report on that.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:
    Bloody hell, Sunil, even HYFUD saw what I was trying to do there. But I guess it’s not funny if you have to explain it.
    Except Luciana left Change UK months BEFORE the election - way back in April 2019!
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932

felix said:

That's frightening.
    Sounds like rubbish to me
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

felix said:

That's frightening.
    Usual bollocks
    It is surely also concerning that 1 in 20 are less likely to vote for an SNP leader who isn't a Muslim.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

stodge said:

Swede ness and light.

(gets coat)
    Swede of you.
    That’s a neep comment.
    This punning contest has reduced this thread to tatties.

And with that, good night.
    It started off broad but ended up stringy.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,613

I think we cannot ignore that a section of the population are quite racist. I think it part of why Sunak polls badly.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    Foxy said:

I think we cannot ignore that a section of the population are quite racist. I think it part of why Sunak polls badly.
    They must have hated Liz Truss's race more.
This discussion has been closed.