Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As the Number 10 tries to head off a rebellion on the immig

124»

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    rcs1000 said:

isam: I am not in favour of high levels of immigration, or in favour of low levels of immigration. I am in favour of letting people decide where they want to live, whether it is on this island, or someplace else

I know, you've said
  • Options

OT. Jon Snow is a tosser.

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 8 mins
    'Who makes you the arbiter of what the average voter thinks?' Dom Raab giving some to @jonsnowC4

Raab was excellent. Snow was really annoyed at not being allowed to pump out his propaganda unchallenged.
  • Options
    New tactic!! We're winning again!!!!!!!!!!

Tottenham Hotspur‏@SpursOfficial13 mins
    GOAL - Spurs - Oduwa powers down the left flank and crosses into the box, Onomah converts from a central position. 1-0, 3mins

Tottenham Hotspur‏@SpursOfficial16 mins
    KO: We're underway here at Dagenham & Redbridge #COYS
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,294

rcs1000 said:

isam: I am not in favour of high levels of immigration, or in favour of low levels of immigration. I am in favour of letting people decide where they want to live, whether it is on this island, or someplace else

Again (I think for the third time Robert) I have to ask if you believe that companies that demand we allow immigrants in so they can have cheaper labour and improve their profit margins, should be held responsible for the entire cost of those immigrants if they then lay them off. It seems only fair that those who want to benefit from mass migration should also should the associated costs.
    Richard, I'm sorry I missed that. I'll off for a curry on brick lane now. Will address when I return later

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

'Who makes you the arbiter of what the average voter thinks?' Dom Raab giving some to @jonsnowC4

Raab was excellent. Snow was really annoyed at not being allowed to pump out his propaganda unchallenged.
    Norman smith(bbc) tried the same earlier,raab wouldn't have it.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,954
    I could see Dominic Raab as a future Tory leader, but he would need a hair transplant first, IMO.
  • Options
    Bugger - so much for the Spurs Youth team too.... don't tell me TSE has the Fulham kids to put 5 past us tonight?

Tottenham Hotspur‏@SpursOfficial2m
    Williams curls wide for Fulham, then in next passage of play they capitalize on defensive mistake, Roberts smashes home. 1-1, 23mins.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Greens lose no confidence vote in Brighton.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    edited January 2014
    Someone was saying Charles Kennedy has been quiet .... he's also off QT tonight - loose cannon special.. good old Ken, no tweeting for him!

BBC Question Time @bbcquestiontime
    Updated #bbcqt panel (one change) - Ken Clarke, @EmilyThornberry, @oakeshottm, @MarkJLittlewood and @Cruella1.
    9 Hours ago

BBC Question Time @bbcquestiontime
    Tomorrow's #bbcqt panel - Ken Clarke, @EmilyThornberry, @charles_kennedy, @MarkJLittlewood and @Cruella1
  • Options

Sounds like both the interviewers got good stuff out of Raab, so did their jobs very well.

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,048
    Oh Jesus not Thornberry
  • Options
    Daniel Hannan ‏@DanHannanMEP 5 mins
    Belgium is deporting 2700 EU nationals who are living on welfare. The Eurocrats who call Britain 'nasty' seem OK with it

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Oh Jesus not Thornberry

She always gives us something good to post ;-)

• Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    edited January 2014
    I could see Dominic Raab as a future Tory leader, but he would need a hair transplant first, IMO.

He's my MP and I sometimes see him travelling home to Esher & Walton on the train in the evenings

• Options

Sounds like both the interviewers got good stuff out of Raab, so did their jobs very well.

Not really. All they got out of him was him pointing out every time they made a factual misrepresentation. If they had been doing their job they would have been seeking to actually find out his opinion rather than just try and score points - and then get whupped for it. Pointless interviews.
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    rcs1000 said:

You do realise that your view is completely incompatible with a welfare state?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    I think Rcs1000 has consistently advocated the end of the welfare state.
    Ninoinoz said:

rcs1000 said:

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Pulpstar said:

Betting Post:

Nicholls indicates Tidal Bay is heading to Aintree, also importantly Long Run could well be there.

If Long Run runs - And I actually hope he doesn't (Though it looks likely) - Tidal Bay will NOT carry top weight as he is rated 5 lbs lower. Tidal Bay came close at the Welsh national carrying top weight, and he was closing at the line which indicates the old boy has bags of stamina still.

Backing him at 25-1 Each Way, that price won't be available on the day I can tell you now.

I'll follow you in on that if you don't mind.

• Options
    Aren't Mark Littlewood and Ken Clarke politically identical too ?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Pulpstar said:

Betting Post:

Nicholls indicates Tidal Bay is heading to Aintree, also importantly Long Run could well be there.

If Long Run runs - And I actually hope he doesn't (Though it looks likely) - Tidal Bay will NOT carry top weight as he is rated 5 lbs lower. Tidal Bay came close at the Welsh national carrying top weight, and he was closing at the line which indicates the old boy has bags of stamina still.

Backing him at 25-1 Each Way, that price won't be available on the day I can tell you now.

I'll follow you in on that if you don't mind.

Heh I've backed Annie Power NRNB for both hurdles too at Cheltenham which PtP reckons is a decent bet ! :E
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    taffys said:

He's my MP and I sometimes see him travelling home to Esher & Walton on the train in the evenings

So seen up close, is his hair OK?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,571
    Well today could have been really confusing in the HoC but thankfully R5 had Rees Mogg to explain it all. I sometimes wonder if there is a question to which he is the answer. At least one suitable for a family website like this.

He explained that the Conservative party had voted to deal harshly with criminals but Labour and the Lib Dems are soft on crime. It was put to him that he had simply shown that the tories were split and ungovernable. Not at all. Cameron agrees with him but he is bound by the rules of collective responsibility you know, as PM of this country which meant that he could not have members of his govermment voting in 2 different ways. The fact that the Lib Dems, as members of that government had in fact voted against seemed to have escaped him.

Fortunately this is all incredibly silly Westminster nonsense to which the man in the street will give every bit of the attention it deserves.

As someone marginally more interested than most I just wonder what goes on in their tiny little heads and whether the world they inhabit is any more interesting than this one. It is certainly stranger.
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312

Ninoinoz said:

rcs1000 said:

Well, good luck in getting that policy through.
  • Options
    You can't flag a moderator's post. [sic]
    :not-rocket-science:

Yes you can: If the "system" chooses to ignore the voice of the populus that is their elitist stupidity. How else would you be notified otherwise...?

:young-turks:
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

taffys said:

Yes. I'm having drinks with him soon. He's an outstanding local MP
  • Options
    Neil said:

Gaius said:

Hugh said:

TGOHF said:

Fake charity throws toys out of pram

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25969766

"Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson has stepped down as an Oxfam ambassador after criticism of her support for Israeli company SodaStream.

The charity said the actress's role was incompatible with being an Oxfam global ambassador."

Oxfam a "fake charity". The things you learn from PBTories eh.
    We are deep into PB Hodges territory when they are claiming Oxfam are a fake charity.
    Accoding to Oxfams annual report only 35% of their income is freely given donations from the general public whilst 43% comes from various govt agencies doling out taxpayers money like a drunken sailor.

So yes, Oxfam is a fake charity.

I have never seen a drunken sailor dole out taxpayers' cash. It must be quite a sight.

If it's a fake charity, presumably it can be shut down and all it will take is for someone to begin the process.

We could write a draft complaint to the Charity Commission and invite pbc-ers to sign up. Under their real names.
    I'll sign.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,954
    JohnO said:

taffys said:

Yes. I'm having drinks with him soon. He's an outstanding local MP
    From what I saw on the news his hair looked a bit thin and rather receding, but I suppose he could have cropped it short?

Tell him PB.Com thinks he could be a potential future Tory leader as long as he can keep his mullet going.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,030

You can't flag a moderator's post. [sic]
    :not-rocket-science:

Yes you can: If the "system" chooses to ignore the voice of the populus that is their elitist stupidity. How else would you be notified otherwise...?

:young-turks:

Clearly you have not heard of 'OGHal infallibility' ;-)

• Options
    Hugh said:

It's a left-liberal LibLabCon establishment media conspiracy.
    Nah. Its just Snow being a tosser. He does it with anyone he doesn't like no matter what their political party. He is just a bad journalist who lets his own personal vies overwhelm his presentation. He has done it before with Labour MPs as well.

He looked really p*ssed tonight at his co presenter when he tried to stick to his presentation and Snow went off at a tangent.
  • Options

Hugh said:

It's a left-liberal LibLabCon establishment media conspiracy.
    Nah. Its just Snow being a tosser. He does it with anyone he doesn't like no matter what their political party. He is just a bad journalist who lets his own personal vies overwhelm his presentation. He has done it before with Labour MPs as well.

He looked really p*ssed tonight at his co presenter when he tried to stick to his presentation and Snow went off at a tangent.
    In fact he hada a bad night all round tonight as the woman from the flood campaign group also pulled him up for claiming she had been furious in a previous interview.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    So if the Greens have lost the no-confidence vote, will this mean the rubbish won't be recycled ?
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

Ninoinoz said:

rcs1000 said:

Well, good luck in getting that policy through.
    I strongly believe in ending the welfare state too.
    It'll need more than you wishing me/us "luck" to achieve it though. No politician is brave enough to challenge the ponzi scheme.

• Options
    Heard Jacob Rees Mog on 5 Live on the way hone from work. Based on the accent I initially thought after the first couple of words it was Keith Vaz !

Thought it was a fair excahnge between himself and Peter Allen.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Well today could have been really confusing in the HoC but thankfully R5 had Rees Mogg to explain it all. I sometimes wonder if there is a question to which he is the answer. At least one suitable for a family website like this.

He explained that the Conservative party had voted to deal harshly with criminals but Labour and the Lib Dems are soft on crime. It was put to him that he had simply shown that the tories were split and ungovernable. Not at all. Cameron agrees with him but he is bound by the rules of collective responsibility you know, as PM of this country which meant that he could not have members of his govermment voting in 2 different ways. The fact that the Lib Dems, as members of that government had in fact voted against seemed to have escaped him.

Fortunately this is all incredibly silly Westminster nonsense to which the man in the street will give every bit of the attention it deserves.

As someone marginally more interested than most I just wonder what goes on in their tiny little heads and whether the world they inhabit is any more interesting than this one. It is certainly stranger.

I thought he gave a fairly good account to Peter Allen
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited January 2014
    RobD said:

Clearly you have not heard of 'OGHal infallibility' ;-)

Was not that a film from the 'Eighties? "The Minister; Her mortgage-lender; His dodgy lawyer; and their influence on 'clever-puntahs' betting-slips"...?

Is Michael Gambon looking for a new role? And which one...?

E.t.A.: Don't care if I never make it to four figures. Death has a dimension of it's own....
  • Options
    Priti, please

Priti Patel is the CCHQ ‘attack dog’ backbencher with the nicest smile. Now helping the PM on India and on justice policy, can the globe-trotting Essex MP go the extra mile?

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/92166/priti_please.html

I could see priti patel a future tory leader.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,571
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

I thought he gave a fairly good account to Peter Allen
    Really? I thought he sounded completely mad. And I am not completely hostile to his point of view.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Priti, please

Priti Patel is the CCHQ ‘attack dog’ backbencher with the nicest smile. Now helping the PM on India and on justice policy, can the globe-trotting Essex MP go the extra mile?

Priti Patel came on QT once and backed the death penalty as a "deterrent". When confronted with the fact that there could be miscarriages of justice, she still insisted on the deterence.

Who cares if a few poor innocent buggers get hanged ? It is the principle that matters. The right tto kill !

• Options
    surbiton said:

Priti, please

Priti Patel came on QT once and backed the death penalty as a "deterrent". When confronted with the fact that there could be miscarriages of justice, she still insisted on the deterence.

Who cares if a few poor innocent buggers get hanged ? It is the principle that matters. The right tto kill !

God (or the Flying Spaghetti Monster All Hail his Noodly Appendage) help us if she ever gets near real power.
  • Options

surbiton said:

Priti, please

God (or the Flying Spaghetti Monster All Hail his Noodly Appendage) help us if she ever gets near real power.
    Or Paul Nuttall:

http://www.paulnuttallmep.com/?p=1440

Or most UKIP councillors:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23226481

• Options
    Mr Nabavi, you look most unwell !
This discussion has been closed.