Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,710
edited January 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

If you’re a lurker,  why not take the final few Steps and delurk, it’ll be a Tragedy if at least 5,6,7,8 lurkers don’t delurk. I’m sure your contributions won’t be Better Best Forgotten.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,899
    Evening all :)
  • Options
    Buffs nails

From Monday

But I've backed Spurs to win (@ 14/5 with bet365) and I've also backed City to score 4 or more goals @ 7/1 with William Hill
  • Options
    A really inept performance from the linesman tonight
  • Options
    I'm really proud of link 20
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    Linesman clearly got his brown envelope this morning...
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

He's had a shocker. Killed us.

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371

MaxPB said:

He's had a shocker. Killed us.

At least you lot have scored.
  • Options
    TSE, items 14 and 15 link to the same article.
  • Options

Sorry, should be fixed now
  • Options
    With Rose now likely banned for 3 games - the left back hole becomes a big problem again as Naughton is no use there.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    It is quite something; though to be fair face farting seams a very reasonable reason to kill.

I'm really proud of link 20

• Options
    Thanks again to @TSE for these links. They really are expertly compiled - there's no need to go anywhere else for one's evening read.
  • Options

With Rose now likely banned for 3 games - the left back hole becomes a big problem again as Naughton is no use there.

Surely the red card will be rescinded.

• Options
    Re Item 14 : So now I am confused. Campbell is criticising Farage for being the first party leader to suggest we should let Syrian refugees in? Or is he trying to rewrite history?
  • Options

Sorry, should be fixed now
    Thanks TSE
  • Options
    Ker-ching, 4 Man City goals this evening.
  • Options
    TSE wins the cash again...
  • Options
    Not too down actually - we've shown fight, had NO decisions and have played the likely Champions.

In danger of negative goal diff again and if Dzeko had been on form, it would have been a horrible score.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,319

Rose ban is only one game.

Straight red card for last man (non violent) = one game

Straight red is only 3 games for violent conduct.
  • Options
    The news is getting better all the time!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Good evening, everyone.

Congratulations, Mr. Eagles, but I'm sure you only post tips when I'm not on.
  • Options

The news is getting better all the time!

Excellent timing.
  • Options

Good evening, everyone.

Congratulations, Mr. Eagles, but I'm sure you only post tips when I'm not on.

I'll try and post my weekend betting when you're around on Friday.
  • Options
    We got the Levy shot and the blue seats, just as predicted by yours truly. But I guess I was a few minutes out.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    5. "How many UKIPers will die of old age before an EU referendum".

If people are going to pose a question like that in a broadsheet then - how many SNP voters are going to die shooting up heroin with pox-covered needles huddled caked in their own shit in Glasgow slums before an independence vote?

Either both stereotypes are acceptable in the Telegraph or neither.

• Options
    Mr. Eagles, cheers.

Any thoughts on the Six Nations?
  • Options
    BlueberryBlueberry Posts: 408
    Perhaps of interest: the author of the Jesus and Mo cartoons will be interviewed by Paxman on Newsnight tonight I suppose re the death threats made against the Lib Dem candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn. I wonder if we are finally beginning to see the establishment thinking about tentatively drawing something that might look like a line in sand between freedom of speech and Islamic offense culture.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,629
    edited January 2014

Mr. Eagles, cheers.

I'm planning to do a PB thread on the Six Nations, just need to work out the best way to troll the Welsh and Scots the best odds and strategy.
  • Options
    Mr. Blueberry, thanks very much for raising that. I hardly ever watch Newsnight but will certainly make an exception tonight.
  • Options
    24 shots to 3.

Ok next up - YouGov will Labour at +7
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Hugh said:

GeoffM said:

If people are going to pose a question like that in a broadsheet then - how many SNP voters are going to die shooting up heroin with pox-covered needles huddled caked in their own shit in Glasgow slums before an independence vote?

Careful, watch your blood pressure, it can be dangerous.
    But do you have a view on the question, though, Hugh?
    Is it acceptable to create a false stereotype of the right when the equivalent false stereotype of the left wouldn't be tolerated?

• Options

Mr. Eagles, cheers.

I'm planning to do a PB thread on the Six Nations, just need to work out the best way to troll the Welsh and Scots the best odds and strategy.
    :)
  • Options
    After a while all these punishment beatings gets weirdly and deliciously painful.
  • Options
    Very entertaining PMQs! Does anyone else think that Ed and Dave like each other on a personal level? It might be a trick of the light but they seem to nod at each other when they think the other has landed a blow. Certainly there seems to be very little in the way of animosity.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, sounds good.

I'll be without electricity a bit tomorrow and Friday, but I should be able to get on and comment.

Still surprised Wales were/are out at 5.5 for the Triple Crown.
  • Options
    Ha. Mr. Scrapheap, you sound like a man who unwittingly dates a dominatrix, then discovers he rather likes it.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,078
    Interestingly not everyone who was sentenced to a posthumous execution upon the restoration received one as Cromwell did. Apparently Colonel Pride's remains were too decayed, although quite frankly I find it hard to imagine that there is a line to be drawn once you've decided to have your vengeance upon a corpse.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited January 2014
    TSE must have missed this one about the perils of flatulent cows and static electricity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25922514

• Options
    Hugh - by establishment you know fine well that I mean the powerful people of the UK - ie the media, the politicians, the heads of the institutions of the state - those who's words influence policy and lead to action.

It's no surprise they don't dive in with an opinion given what's happened to people in Denmark, Holland etc. At the end of the day they are just people doing their jobs, with families to go home to - the last thing they need is a death threat from a religious group that has killed before.

However, I do wish the 'establishment' had been stronger that day the Muslim extremists marched down Sloane St to the Danish embassy waving placards saying 'Death to all those who insult Islam' etc whilst chanting things like 'We will have your wives as war bounty'. We ceded ground to fundamentalism that day. Hence my admiration for the author of Jesus and Mo, who is making a small stand in the pursuit of freedom of expression.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @TelePolitics: Carney tells Scots: Choose independence or the pound http://t.co/mQaefWfqOP
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Sun_Politics: YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead remains three points: CON 35%, LAB 38%, LD 10%, UKIP 11%
  • Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 13s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead remains three points: CON 35%, LAB 38%, LD 10%, UKIP 11%
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Hugh said:

the media, the politicians, the heads of the institutions of the state - those who's words influence policy and lead to action.

Blimey. Quite a conspiracy, then. Ed Miliband, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, the Queen, Richard Branson, Tony Hall, Rupert Murdoch, the list goes on. Do they meet somewhere to co-ordinate their evil establishmentness?

Bedford.
  • Options
    YouGov feels better for Labour, even though the lead remains the same. Share edging back into high 30s. Will calm some nerves.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

Hugh said:

the media, the politicians, the heads of the institutions of the state - those who's words influence policy and lead to action.

Blimey. Quite a conspiracy, then. Ed Miliband, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, the Queen, Richard Branson, Tony Hall, Rupert Murdoch, the list goes on. Do they meet somewhere to co-ordinate their evil establishmentness?

Bedford.
    Not Bournemouth?
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Evening all, so it looks like the ComRes and weekend YouGov were not outliers. Labour remains at 38/35 tonight.
  • Options
    Mr Dancer, I think the author must be British if he's been interviewed by Paxo, assuming he's in the studio. I wondered before if he wasn't American. Not sure if 'cause celebre' is quite the right expression, but I do hope that maybe this affair will allow reasonable Muslims to distinguish themselves from the fundamentalists and for the latter to somehow be persuaded that they shouldn't take a religious book so literally.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

I haven't been around few days, did you ever post the evidence to those stats you posted?

You know the ones, four times, twice that, half of this. As a Kipper I am really interested in seeing them.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

YouGov feels better for Labour, even though the lead remains the same. Share edging back into high 30s. Will calm some nerves.

Yes, I agree, they are looking set for a share of between 31% to 34% in May 2015.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

JohnO said:

Hugh said:

Bedford.
    Not Bournemouth?
    Her Maj and Branson may slip out furtively together.....
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    GeoffM said:

although turnout will probably be higher among the former
  • Options

What the 50 pence thing seems to have done is to animate somnolent Tory supporters and reminded them why they don't want Labour in power. But Labour are in their usual zone and show no sign of leaving it.

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    It seems that the immediate effect of Labour's 50p tax announcement might have been to move a few UKIP voters back to the Conservatives. But more data is needed.
  • Options
    Looking on the bright side, the 100% correlation between english (men) cricket defeats on the morning of a spurs thrashing later that day has continued AND there's only 2 more ODIs to go before the cricket is finally over in Oz. They don't play on Saturday hopefully?
  • Options

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead remains three points: CON 35%, LAB 38%, LD 10%, UKIP 11%

Onward we march, further we go, not knowing when we will be freed of the burden.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,121
    dr_spyn said:

TSE must have missed this one about the perils of flatulent cows and static electricity.

It's a shame we don't have a resident farmer who could tell us how often this sort of thing occurs ...
  • Options
    Hugh said:

looks like 4 of the 7 went to oxford. murdoch is not really establishment (and resents it). the queen is the establishment. so you have one exception branson, though even he went to a public school. not going with the conspiracy theory, but the backgrounds do have something in common
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,014

dr_spyn said:

It's a shame we don't have a resident farmer who could tell us how often this sort of thing occurs ...
    Don't we...?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,005
    CON 35% LAB 38% LD 10% UKIP 11%
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Hugh said:

Labour's share looks as rock solid as it has done for years, it'll be astonishing if they don't poll mid-high 30s in 2015.

What's interesting in the last few YouGovs has been a small Tory uptick. Wonder what's caused that, or if it's just noise. Perhaps a few Fruitcakes are going home as the Tractor Stats look better?
    You seem upset for some reason tonight,why all the insults ?
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

swings and roundabouts. the conversion of methane to CO2 reduces the greenhouse potential by 20x or so, IIRC?!
  • Options
    Con will be happy the gap has closed to 3%, whilst Labour will be happy to poll 38% again.
    The Lib Dems will be relieved to be in double figures.

Perhaps a slightly miffing poll for the kippers ?
  • Options

Evening all, so it looks like the ComRes and weekend YouGov were not outliers. Labour remains at 38/35 tonight.

ComRes WAS an outlier - for both big parties - at 33/32. One for the bin I should say. Look at the shares, not the lead. Well out of step.
  • Options
    Front page of the Times not good for the Two Eds or Lab

David Jack ‏@DJack_Journo 30s

Tonight's @thetimes front page: Labour's spending spree to cost £25bn. IFS exposes 'sleight of hand' by Balls

pic.twitter.com/3IIYtDsgrN
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015
    As someone who is moving to the Bay area soon, which is 'overdue' for the 'big one', that map showing magnitude 1-3 earthquakes amused me greatly.

• Options
    isam said:

dr_spyn said:

Don't we...?

ComRes WAS an outlier - for both big parties - at 33/32. One for the bin I should say. Look at the shares, not the lead. Well out of step.
    Hugh said:

Labour's share looks as rock solid as it has done for years, it'll be astonishing if they don't poll mid-high 30s in 2015.

What's interesting in the last few YouGovs has been a small Tory uptick. Wonder what's caused that, or if it's just noise. Perhaps a few Fruitcakes are going home as the Tractor Stats look better?
    It does appear that there has been a smallish Tory uptick - perhaps a few less grumpy Kippers, otherwise unchanged. One thing seems certain, the rumour about 2010LD switchers sliding home appears baseless (assuming the cross tabs are in line again tomorrow)
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Onward we march, further we go, not knowing when we will be freed of the burden.
    here you go friend

With a huge selection of aluminium football goal posts, full size steel football goalposts, samba mini-goals, five-a-side goals, plastic goals, portable goals, home goals and football goal & net accessories available to buy online at great prices.

www.footballgoalposts.co.uk
    Have you found those stats yet or did you just make them up?

The silence is deafening
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Con will be happy the gap has closed to 3%, whilst Labour will be happy to poll 38% again.
    The Lib Dems will be relieved to be in double figures.

Perhaps a slightly miffing poll for the kippers ?

A miffed kipper doesn't sound like much fun.
  • Options
    I reckon its a shift from rich kippers worried about Ed Balls taking their wonga
  • Options
    @Nigel4england How do you keep calling these celebrity/reality TV programmes correctly !

Nice tip for Dappy.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

here you go friend

With a huge selection of aluminium football goal posts, full size steel football goalposts, samba mini-goals, five-a-side goals, plastic goals, portable goals, home goals and football goal & net accessories available to buy online at great prices.

Hugh, I have had some help :-)

http://mole45.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/1391731_213367942166387_2010747022_n_thumb.jpg?w=498&h=378
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    We had 2 inches of snow yesterday, starting at noon. About an hour later businesses, schools and government offices closed.

Everyone hit the roads at the same time. The interstates became parking lots. Then it began to freeze as the temperature plummeted.

Interstate exits are typically uphill, though a few are downhill. They became ice sheets. So the traffic couldn't get off the interstates.The regular roads backed up because traffic couldn't get on the interstates. Because the roads were clogged the few gritting trucks available couldn't do their job.

One of my neighbors arrived home at 11am today, having left work at 1pm yesterday. He had stayed the night in a Publix supermarket. Hundreds of people spent the night in gas stations, supermarkets, 24 hour stores like Walmart and Target, fire stations etc.

Some parts of the interstates are still gridlocked. The state has partnered with a wrecking company to move thousands of abandoned cars to the median or beside the roads. National Guard and state police are distributing gas to cars that ran out.

Over 3000 kids spent the night at their schools, because the school buses couldn't get through.

Schools and government offices are closed today and tomorrow.

I went out briefly today. It's a mess.

Roads will freeze again tonight and tomorrow morning will be a zoo.

All this on 2 inches of snow.

To be fair, snow events are comparatively rare here, so it doesn't make sense to spend the sort of money that cities in the northeast do on snow moving equipment.

On the funny side, local news scrolls all the school closures along the bottom of the screen, and you saw names like "Everlasting Life - closed tomorrow" and my favorite "Eternal Word - closed". Gives a new meaning to eternal and everlasting.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    A few years back, we kept getting an intermittent flickering of our electricity supply here in rural Aberdeenshire. It became so annoying that we phoned to report it, and also to inquire as to what might be causing it. And I kid you not, we were told that it might actually be caused by cows rubbing up against the electricity poles!! :)
    dr_spyn said:

• Options
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening
    It'll take you a few minutes to find the polling data tables from Mori or YouGov (a few minutes more for flipping ICM!). Heck you, could even come back and dazzle us with some stats of your own, poww!

To recap, it shows that Labour are about 4 times as popular as the Fruitcakes amongst working class voters, Tories 2-3 times as popular. Lib Dems are about as popular amongst "the WC" as UKIP.

Although UKIP are doing fairly well Vs the Greens amongst the working class, about twice as popular.

Che Farage, voice of the working man.
    I would n't know where to look, you post them.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,099
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening
    It'll take you a few minutes to find the polling data tables from Mori or YouGov (a few minutes more for flipping ICM!). Heck you, could even come back and dazzle us with some stats of your own, poww!

To recap, it shows that Labour are about 4 times as popular as the Fruitcakes amongst working class voters, Tories 2-3 times as popular. Lib Dems are about as popular amongst "the WC" as UKIP.

Although UKIP are doing fairly well Vs the Greens amongst the working class, about twice as popular.

UKIP - according to http://www.ukip.org/issues-2/policy-pages/tax - is offering a £13k tax free allowance, and a 25% flat tax above this level.

Every single person in the UK would be better off under this system.

Someone earning - say - £4m a year would be £1m better off.

Now, I may be missing something, but why wouldn't we want a system where every single person in the country paid less tax?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

@Nigel4england How do you keep calling these celebrity/reality TV programmes correctly !

Nice tip for Dappy.

A very sad skill I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    According to the same UKIP page I referenced below "The very wealthy pay very little tax".

1. Taxes are on income, not wealth. If UKIP is proposing a wealth tax (which actually makes a lot of economic sense, although it would be political suicide), then they should say so.
    2. The top 1% of earners pay a third of all income tax. If this is "very little", then it is clearly some new meaning of the word "very" or the word "little" that I was previously unaware of.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,319
    YouGov average Lab leads this year:

Week 1 - 6.8
    Week 2 - 5.4
    Week 3 - 6.0
    This week - 2.67 (average of 3 polls, 2 more polls to come)

So a discernible move. Whether random variation could give 3 polls in a row this low without the true position having changed, I don't know.

But, combined with the ComRes, there has to be a significant chance that the true lead has narrowed.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

I would n't know where to look, you post them.
    Just put ", political poll" or similar in Google (other search engines are available. I assume you have the internet, don't you?)

Mind the spelling mistakes, those third thumbs can be cumbersome on keyboards.
    He asked them off you.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

UKIP - according to http://www.ukip.org/issues-2/policy-pages/tax - is offering a £13k tax free allowance, and a 25% flat tax above this level.

Now, I may be missing something, but why wouldn't we want a system where every single person in the country paid less tax?
    Sounds like an excellent idea to me. Vote UKIP !
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

It does seem weird to think that Public Sector employees are paid out of a fund derived from tax collected from others, and those wages are then taxed again!
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Nice tip for Dappy.

A very sad skill I'm afraid.
    I thought Dappy was a woman when i placed my £15 down with Skybet lol :P
  • Options
    MikeL said:

YouGov average Lab leads this year:

Week 1 - 6.8
    Week 2 - 5.4
    Week 3 - 6.0
    This week - 2.67 (average of 3 polls, 2 more polls to come)

So a discernible move. Whether random variation could give 3 polls in a row this low without the true position having changed, I don't know.

But, combined with the ComRes, there has to be a significant chance that the true lead has narrowed.

The 50 pence tax rate has animated Tory support it looks like. Labour stays in its usual zone.

• Options
    CCHQ Press Office ‏@CCHQPress 2 mins
    One Member, One Vote? Trade Unions could end up with EVEN MORE power over Labour leadership according to #Newsnight.

LOL
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

According to the same UKIP page I referenced below "The very wealthy pay very little tax".

1. Taxes are on income, not wealth. If UKIP is proposing a wealth tax (which actually makes a lot of economic sense, although it would be political suicide), then they should say so.
    2. The top 1% of earners pay a third of all income tax. If this is "very little", then it is clearly some new meaning of the word "very" or the word "little" that I was previously unaware of.

By the way, and despite this somewhat snippy comment, the UKIP tax page is well worth reading. They are absolutely right that excessive taxation of work makes marginal businesses uneconomic and leads to increased unemployment.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

It does seem weird to think that Public Sector employees are paid out of a fund derived from tax collected from others, and those wages are then taxed again!
    Cosmic.

Can't work it out.
    When the NI employers rise came in the NHS budget was hard hit.

I did a stint in the public-private hinterland sector once, everyone was so obsessed with their bloody BUDGET it had to be seen to be believed.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

By the way, and despite this somewhat snippy comment, the UKIP tax page is well worth reading. They are absolutely right that excessive taxation of work makes marginal businesses uneconomic and leads to increased unemployment.
    A lot of what UKIP say makes sense!
  • Options
    Hugh said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

Cosmic.

Can't work it out.
    Sorry?
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25955560

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone wants to extend his controversial double-points scheme to the last three races of the season.

Idiot.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

While I would be monumentally better off under UKIP's tax plans, I suspect they would raise a great deal less revenue than the current system.

• Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 2 mins
    Tomorrow's front page exclusive from @tnewtondunn: Tories' shock plans for Britain's schools http://bit.ly/1ibNJku pic.twitter.com/3M8bEQ8Gzi

• Options
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

Yes but remember that to calculate and collect all that tax which is paid by the public sector workers who have been paid from the taxes collected from other people, we have to have even more public sector workers who will also need to be paid from the taxes collected from the public sector workers who were paid from the taxes of other people, so they can pay their own taxes.

Simples.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

Someone earning under the current threshold would not be better off and, presumably, would lose even more access to services and benefits, both of which would have to be cut massively.

• Options
    edited January 2014

Tomorrow's front page exclusive from @tnewtondunn: Tories' shock plans for Britain's schools http://bit.ly/1ibNJku pic.twitter.com/3M8bEQ8Gzi

Is that good or bad? I honestly don't know, as it seems like a lot of parents want their kids at school from 8-5, so without having access beyond the paywall I don't know if 9 hours a day is to be portrayed as out of touch tories or good old tories.

ETA: Ah, seen the frontpage proper now - apparently a bad idea.

School holidays do need shaking up though.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

While I would be monumentally better off under UKIP's tax plans, I suspect they would raise a great deal less revenue than the current system.

Maybe in direct taxation, but if people had more money in their pockets then the revenues come in through different avenues, plus of course the saving in welfare as more people are likely to be in work.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Is that good or bad? I honestly don't know, as it seems like a lot of parents want their kids at school from 8-5, so without having access beyond the paywall I don't know if 9 hours a day is to be portrayed as out of touch tories or good old tories.
    Will the teachers like it ;-)
  • Options
    I do like that 'Cameron faces Tory revolt' takes up such a small portion of the front page of the Telegraph. Admittedly, it isn't very newsworthy, being the natural state most of the time.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

here you go friend

The silence is deafening

Someone earning under the current threshold would not be better off and, presumably, would lose even more access to services and benefits, both of which would have to be cut massively.

My guess at ukips tax rates would be

No tax on min wage
    25% up to £100k
    40% above that
This discussion has been closed.