Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

2022- the year when British politics reached “Peak Madness” – politicalbetting.com

2»

Comments

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Allegedly Dmitry Medvedev has produced a list of predictions for 2023. Halfway down the list there's "War between France and the Fourth Reich."

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1607455031816495105

I fear he's going to be disappointed.

He also says the UK will rejoin the EU, leading it to collapse with the euro.

France will go to war with Germany and Poland and Northern Ireland will join the Republic of Ireland.

He then says there will be another US civil war with California seceding and Texas joining Mexico while Elon Musk will be President of the rump GOP states.

Finally the WTO and IMF will collapse and we will return to the Gold Standard
    Probably quite plausible if you get your information from Russia state media.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Allegedly Dmitry Medvedev has produced a list of predictions for 2023. Halfway down the list there's "War between France and the Fourth Reich."

France will go to war with Germany and Poland and Northern Ireland will join the Republic of Ireland.

He then says there will be another US civil war with California seceding and Texas joining Mexico while Elon Musk will be President of the rump GOP states.

Anything about himself and Putin hanging by piano wire from a Moscow lamp-post?
    I think he's also omitted the one about him being spit roasted by Kadyrov and Prighozin
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,096
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,862

HYUFD said:

Musk has retweeted it and describes it as an “epic thread”.

Both Medvedev and Musk are deluded and dangerous.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,298

HYUFD said:

I have a bad feeling about Musk. Hope it's wrong.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,747

HYUFD said:

It's the fantasies of a fascist drunk.
    Not seeing any form of epic quality; even the stupidity is banal.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Warwick Hunt?

• Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,862
    edited December 2022

HYUFD said:
    Warwick Hunt?

Berkeley Hunt.
  • Options
    StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,081

HYUFD said:
    Warwick Hunt?

Berkeley I believe
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031

kle4 said:

maxh said:

kle4 said:

Scott_xP said:

🚨 Significant intervention by Theresa May on Rishi Sunak's plan to water down the Modern Slavery Act she introduced.

🔥 The former PM has warned that criminal gangs could exploit new rules aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-criticises-rishi-sunak-water-down-modern-slavery-laws_uk_63a9931de4b0d6f0b9eea349

What's the purported reason for changes in the first place?
    The reason for the changes is that illegal immigrants, when caught, have been trained to say that they are modern slaves, ensuring a lengthy investigation which prevents them being deported. May is right that tightening the rules may just lead to traffickers manufacturing 'proof' but that's no reason not to tighten the rules.
    It is if it doesn’t help with trafficking but means more genuine victims of slavery fall foul of the system.

Some years ago, my ex (an immigration lawyer) suggested that an immigration lawyer instructing his/her clients in making fraudulent statements should be stuck off, as lawyers.

It was interesting to see the reaction this got.
    Seems pretty uncontroversial. Whatever winking at the law might be going on, anyone caught actually instructing the making of fraudulent statements can have no complaints.
    The context was when she took on a client from a work acquaintance who was claiming to be gay from a country where this was not well received.

The man was the most violent homophone I’ve met in real life. I genuinely think he would physically attack anyone he thought was actually gay. He was petrified of being “made to prove” he was gay, and was an utter head case.

Edit: the other immigration lawyers took the view this was just playing the game. I commented that it was interesting how the adversarial process had corrupted them.
    God, I hate homophones.

I'd even describe myself as homophonophobic.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 709

HYUFD said:
    Warwick Hunt?

Berkeley Hunt.

HYUFD said:
    Warwick Hunt?

Berkeley I believe
    Whoosh
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,747

HYUFD said:

Hi Elon. I am a $TSLA holder and I want to affirm that your participation in a thread in which a prominent member of Russian national security predicts US civil war is very good for our brand. Keep going, sir!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/1607498690297761794

Impossible to tell if this is irony. 😊
This discussion has been closed.