Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

Comments

• Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Neil said:

Told you De Gea would be the hero!

You are the new Rogerdamus
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,959
    Did Manchester United just score 1 out of 5 penalties?!
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Ha .... 1 out of 5 ... sums up Utd's season. What a ridiculous shoot-out.
  • Options
    I predict a fecking massacre in the Final.

Man City 26 - Sunderland Nil
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,532
    1 penalty out of 5. I mean really.

Moyes must go. Before it gets worse.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    Woo !!!
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    one out of five aint bad...
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Manchester United - are you Burnley in disguise ?!?!

Incoming from Bedford !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Odds on Moyes being next to go will surely tumble, and it will be another false twilight.
  • Options
    I can see Adnan Januzi is destined for England now.
  • Options
    The Screaming Eagles ‏@TSEofPB 5s

For all you Man U fans.

pic.twitter.com/0xMoYuKeA4
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I can see Adnan Januzi is destined for England now.

LOL

• Options

For all you Man U fans.

Thankfully I can't see that.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Coral: For those asking, David Moyes is 20/1 to be the next Premier League manager to go. http://t.co/KC0R0Cayoe
  • Options
    Worst shoot out I can evèr remember, Utd had a lucky break as City would have battered them at Wembley.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@Coral: For those asking, David Moyes is 20/1 to be the next Premier League manager to go. http://t.co/KC0R0Cayoe

They're rejecting bets above a tenner though, clearly not that confident about keeping those odds.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

For all you Man U fans.

Thankfully I can't see that.
    click on the link

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Sherlock is good but the series from the 1980s starring Jeremy Brett is a lot better IMO, although I accept you can't really make a comparison between the two.
  • Options
    Coral are down to 10/1, Skybet remain on 18/1 as the market leaders.
  • Options

For all you Man U fans.

I can see Maj enjoying it tbh seeing as she's an Arsenal fan.

Also seriously what was Moyes thinking sticking Januzi in there ? He has great potential but that's way too much pressure for an 18 yr old kid.

• Options
    Bring back Wilf McGuiness!
  • Options
    Paywall

Ed Miliband has alienated himself from Britain’s blue-chip companies and is risking the recovery by developing irrational and unpredictable policies, senior business figures have warned......

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, one chief executive of a FTSE 100 company said: “Ed Miliband doesn’t give a toss about business. He will say anything to get elected. [We] think it’s economic vandalism.”
  • Options
    Quincel said:

You can lay him at 990-1 on Betfair.... ;)
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited January 2014
    "Teachers face legal duty to report FGM cases in drive to bring mutilators to justice

Teachers may be given a legal duty to report cases of female genital mutilation as part of a drive by ministers to combat the crime.
    Home Office minister Norman Baker said there was “weight” behind calls for mandatory reporting by schools and believed it could help bring mutilators to justice.
    He added that the idea was “certainly on the agenda” and would be assessed more fully at a ministerial summit on FGM next month. The change would mean teachers and other school staff would have to report concerns over girls at risk of mutilation to officials or police."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/education/teachers-face-legal-duty-to-report-fgm-cases-in-drive-to-bring-mutilators-to-justice-9077010.html
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

For all you Man U fans.

Also seriously what was Moyes thinking sticking Januzi in there ? He has great potential but that's way too much pressure for an 18 yr old kid.

He's all we've got. Easily United's best player tonight. Again.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Is it a question of motivation.

The league cup is to ManU, what the Euros are to the Tories.
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371

Paywall

Ed Miliband has alienated himself from Britain’s blue-chip companies and is risking the recovery by developing irrational and unpredictable policies, senior business figures have warned......

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, one chief executive of a FTSE 100 company said: “Ed Miliband doesn’t give a toss about business. He will say anything to get elected. [We] think it’s economic vandalism.”

one chief executive....one Tory marginal polling guru....one floating voter....one leading economist....one man and his dog....don't you just love unnamed sources. Who wrote the article, Dan Hodges.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

He's not going anywhere ;p

Mug bets. Barely liquid markets on Betfair too.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

For all you Man U fans.

He's all we've got. Easily United's best player tonight. Again.
  • Options

Paywall

one chief executive....one Tory marginal polling guru....one floating voter....one leading economist....one man and his dog....don't you just love unnamed sources. Who wrote the article, Dan Hodges.
    No.

Someone with a brain.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    I saw Man City play Leicester City in this cup in December. We had hardly a shot on goal in the first half, but a bit better second half and got a goal back. We are top of the league, and outclassed all over the pitch, showing how big the gulf has become. On the other hand seeing what happened to West Ham, we looked good, and our goal was the only one scored against Man City in their cup run.

They are an awesome side, and seem to be getting better. 26 nil may be about right!

• Options
    Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 41s

Four Englishmen fail to convert penalties. Worrying start to World Cup year.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Sherlock is good but the series from the 1980s starring Jeremy Brett is a lot better IMO, although I accept you can't really make a comparison between the two.

Jeremy Brett was IMO the definitive Holmes. Outstanding acting in a wonderful ITV drama.

• Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549

Surely he means traditional?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Is it a question of motivation.

The league cup is to ManU, what the Euros are to the Tories.

If straw clutching was an Olympic sport you would be GB captain.
  • Options
    Anyone here have the inside track on WWE - Paddy Power have markets up, it's all completely rigged though
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

Paywall

Not always anonymous, compouter.

Neil Woodford, the head of equities at Invesco Perpetual and one of the UK’s most influential fund managers, said that Labour plans for a price cap on energy bills would damage the investment case for the UK and block the billions of pounds of new money the Government admits it needs.

“Here we have a serious politician, standing up and saying what he said which I think at a stroke torpedoed any chance that any of that investment will happen between now and the next election,” Mr Woodford said.

What oft was thought but ne'er so well expressed.

• Options
    corporeal said:

I'll be amazed if we get out of the group
  • Options
    If you take the bookies odds as gospel (for the sake of this stat) then the implied probability of Sunderland winning the League Cup and being relegated this season is roughly 10%. That's a 9/1 shot of a remarkable coincidence happening for the second season in a row.
  • Options

corporeal said:

I agree, but I didn't think we were talking about the RWC.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464
    Quincel said:

If you take the bookies odds as gospel (for the sake of this stat) then the implied probability of Sunderland winning the League Cup and being relegated this season is roughly 10%. That's a 9/1 shot of a remarkable coincidence happening for the second season in a row.

Although Wigan won the other cup.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

How many world cup finals have Wales been to?

How many times have England lost to Samoa/Western Samoa?
  • Options
    If you want to make a swift 33% return back Dappy to fînish in the Top 3 on Celebrity Big Brother
  • Options

Quincel said:

Although Wigan won the other cup.
    Hush you...
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

Paywall

Neil Woodford, the head of equities at Invesco Perpetual and one of the UK’s most influential fund managers, said that Labour plans for a price cap on energy bills would damage the investment case for the UK and block the billions of pounds of new money the Government admits it needs.

“Here we have a serious politician, standing up and saying what he said which I think at a stroke torpedoed any chance that any of that investment will happen between now and the next election,” Mr Woodford said.

That is a four months old quote old bean. Four months ago you were still predicting a polling crossover.......TRAMADOLADINGDONG!
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Paywall

Which popular FTSE 100 company could it be?
    Difficult to say, Hugh.

Could be any of a hundred.

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    AveryLP said:

Hugh said:

Paywall

Which popular FTSE 100 company could it be?
    Difficult to say, Hugh.

Could be any of a hundred.

LOL, don't use big numbers Mr Pole, you'll only confuse him.
  • Options

corporeal said:

As an disinterested Scot .... OK but more impartial than most of my countrymen, I think England will escape their group but struggle from there.

They have a talent pool the envy of most teams but when you put them together they are hugely less than the sum of their parts. Why eludes me ?!?

• Options

AveryLP said:

Paywall

That is a four months old quote old bean. Four months ago you were still predicting a polling crossover.......TRAMADOLADINGDONG!
    Of course it is four months old, compouter.

You will note from the article that it was a reaction to Ed's energy price freeze proposals.

The proposals are definitely now ancient history, but investor attitudes persist.

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    Hugh said:

AveryLP said:

Paywall

Attacking Labour! *the shock*

Next you'll be telling us that the Tories are Hedge Fund supported!
    So like Labour then.
  • Options

AveryLP said:

Paywall

Compouter, does noñe of this bother you? The fact that every sensible economist knows that Ed will be a disaster for the recovery? Or don't you care that unemployment will increase, the low paid will get even lower wages as immigration increases? Don't you care one jot about thè working class? Is it all just tribal ideology for you?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Scotland - Gordon or West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine.
    JackW said:

@ TSE and @foxinsoxuk

Thanks for those suggestions.

Somerton and Frome a possible. I'm looking for a decent LibDem/Con marginal in the West. Loughborough as you say a wee bit too close to Broxtowe.

In England two northern Con/Lab marginals, a London seat and a Lab/Con marginal in the south look favourites to make the cut.

JackW said:

FPT @Neil wrote :

"Interesting choice! How do you see Ipswich going? Labour have been doing well in local elections there since 2010."

Too close to call (TCTC) presently. In terms of the "JackW Dozen it equates to within 500 votes.

Each seat will be allocated either HOLD .. GAIN .. or TCTC in all but the final projection which will call as either HOLD or GAIN.

9 more marginal seats to detail - 5 more from England and 2 each from Wales and Scotland. Suggestions welcome.

• Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,639
    Lib Dem statement defending their inaction until now on Hancock:
    "The Liberal Democrats have this afternoon, for the first time, had sight of a Portsmouth City Council report by Nigel Pascoe QC into allegations of sexual impropriety by Mike Hancock.
    Given Nigel Pascoe QC's conclusions in his report, we have immediately suspended Mike Hancock's membership of the party."

Even if you believe that, you've got to believe also that Lib Dems don't read their house journal. Because the Guardian published a report with all of the essential details four weeks ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/23/mike-hancock-sexual-harassment-allegations
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Times interesting for Ed.....
  • Options

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Exactly, we're due.

40% of my life's gone by since England won a Grand slam.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Exactly, we're due.

That's because you're a nipper.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    As a side note, the all time Wales vs England rugby union head to head results are currently

124 matches. 56 wins each, 12 draws

In home nation tournaments they've each won individually 26 times (Wales have 12 shared wins to England's 10). England having 12 Grand Slams to Wales's 11.

(Or so wiki tells me).
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 221
    @Jack W

Less of the Burnley FC mocking. We would never be involved in such a poor penalty shoot-out; lets remember us beating Chelsea on penalties to get to the League Cup semi-final a few years ago!

On northern marginals, Lancashire is an interesting county. Both Rossendale and Darwen (Jack Straw's son as candidate for Labour) and Ribble South (a first time Conservative MP, but who is standing down) may offer you a good challenge.
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Ed Miliband will be a disaster as PM, and some of his policies, particularly in energy, will be economically disastrous, but I don't see how the view of some CEO is relevant to that. CEOs will say that about whichever party leader they think is most hurtful to their particular profitability, whether the policy platform is beneficial to the country or not.
  • Options

AveryLP said:

Paywall

Compouter, does noñe of this bother you? The fact that every sensible economist knows that Ed will be a disaster for the recovery? Or don't you care that unemployment will increase, the low paid will get even lower wages as immigration increases? Don't you care one jot about thè working class? Is it all just tribal ideology for you?
    "Sensible economist" - PB Definitive - An economist I agree with.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 18s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead jumps back up to eight points: CON 32%, LAB 40%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%

Is there going to come a point when the Tories finally realise that they are not benefiting from economic recovery, mainly because most of the 37-39% simply dislike them and want them out of government?

What they've done in the last 6 months has simply reinforced that - their ineffective flirtation with UKIP values annoys Lab/Lib voters without actually being enough to get the UKIP voters back (we will do some stuff to migrants and benefit-seekers and have some sort of Europe referendum but we won't recommend withdrawal or anything), much as though we made a bid for far left voters by promising to nationalise the biscuit tin industry. Cameron is by no means hated, but his party projects a grumpy image which puts off mlost people without actually winning the really grumpy voters.

Not sure I fully agree with you. But Cameron's dismantling of the centrist position that won him power is a mistake. The UKIP die hards are not going to vote for him. But a lot of centrists might have done.
    Going from the last YouGov that has data tables on their website, of the 2010 Tory vote, 88% have a voting intention (2% wouldn't vote and 10% don't know - both lower than for the Lib Dems or Labour). Of those who would vote:
    - 76% are still Con
    - 6% are Lab, but are offset by 5% of Labour's vote moving to Con
    - 1% is Lib Dem, but offset by 10% of the 2010 LD vote now being Con
    - 16% is UKIP (no figure for the reverse direction; the 2010 UKIP vote is too small)
    - 1% to Green

You can make a case that the Conservatives need to win over the centrist voters they didn't in 2010 (though those LD and Lab scores aren't bad in the circumstances), but really it is the drift to UKIP which is killing the Tories' chances. The tricky bit is pulling them back while not losing any at the other end.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    JackW Do you have Danny Alexander's seat in the ARSE - It will be a good test of Scottish Yellow Tory Scottish Lib Dem fortunes.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

AveryLP said:

Hugh said:

@Moniker @TSE

I think you have forgotten to account for the election campaign. We are already 75% of the way through the term...

The election campaign hasn't started yet. Chalk in November.
    I agree - but both parties will need to float some ideas in late spring too I think
    Well good luck , Balls hasn't chalked in an idea since 2010.
    Labour will stick to Tory spending plans I think, with just a few vaguely populist tweaks that cost little
    So what's the point of Labour ?
    A more sustainable economic recovery that benefits the many and not just the few.

An empty soundbite, bereft of any economic credibility.

If you really believe in it you will be able to let us know the key differences in economic policy and metrics which will differentiate Labour policy from that of the Coalition.

Is yet another massive tax cut for millionaires still on the Tory agenda, do you know?
    The top ten percent have been the group whose incomes have fallen the most since the Coalition came to power.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    The Express and the Mail front pages are each interesting for different reasons. I expect David Cameron would be enjoying both.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

AveryLP said:

AveryLP said:

Paywall

Of course it is four months old, compouter.

You will note from the article that it was a reaction to Ed's energy price freeze proposals.

The proposals are definitely now ancient history, but investor attitudes persist.

I'm sure voters will flock to defend the right of these millionaire investors in multi billion pound companies to make a few more million quid out of them.
    Hugh, as I said earlier the PB Hodges do not or want to understand. I find it entertaining observing them wondering why the polls are not swinging their way which then follows a whole series of IF's to make them feel better.
  • Options

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Exactly, we're due.

Children born since Wales' last grand slam win are nearing their second birthday.
    Children born since Ireland's last grand slam win are looking towards primary school.
    Children born since England's last grand slam win are preparing for secondary school.
    Children born since Scotland's last grand slam win are finishing university.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 18s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead jumps back up to eight points: CON 32%, LAB 40%, LD 8%, UKIP 12%

Is there going to come a point when the Tories finally realise that they are not benefiting from economic recovery, mainly because most of the 37-39% simply dislike them and want them out of government?

What they've done in the last 6 months has simply reinforced that - their ineffective flirtation with UKIP values annoys Lab/Lib voters without actually being enough to get the UKIP voters back (we will do some stuff to migrants and benefit-seekers and have some sort of Europe referendum but we won't recommend withdrawal or anything), much as though we made a bid for far left voters by promising to nationalise the biscuit tin industry. Cameron is by no means hated, but his party projects a grumpy image which puts off mlost people without actually winning the really grumpy voters.

Not sure I fully agree with you. But Cameron's dismantling of the centrist position that won him power is a mistake. The UKIP die hards are not going to vote for him. But a lot of centrists might have done.
    Going from the last YouGov that has data tables on their website, of the 2010 Tory vote, 88% have a voting intention (2% wouldn't vote and 10% don't know - both lower than for the Lib Dems or Labour). Of those who would vote:
    - 76% are still Con
    - 6% are Lab, but are offset by 5% of Labour's vote moving to Con
    - 1% is Lib Dem, but offset by 10% of the 2010 LD vote now being Con
    - 16% is UKIP (no figure for the reverse direction; the 2010 UKIP vote is too small)
    - 1% to Green

You can make a case that the Conservatives need to win over the centrist voters they didn't in 2010 (though those LD and Lab scores aren't bad in the circumstances), but really it is the drift to UKIP which is killing the Tories' chances. The tricky bit is pulling them back while not losing any at the other end.
    Also, what is Cameron doing that isn't centrist? The centre of public opinion supports a tough line on benefits, the centre of public opinion wants a referendum on the EU, the centre of public opinion believes limits should be placed on Romanian and Bulgarian immigration etc...
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Exactly, we're due.

Children born since Wales' last grand slam win are nearing their second birthday.
    Children born since Ireland's last grand slam win are looking towards primary school.
    Children born since England's last grand slam win are preparing for secondary school.
    Grand Slams are irrelevant once you've won a world cup
  • Options
    As an aside on those YouGov figures, I know how much the Scottish sub-sample is beloved of pb-ers, and the numbers are small and erratic, but the poll had the Tories on 22% up there. If that's accurate - and by-elections and other polling has pointed to a modest Blue uptick north of the border - it could mean up to half a dozen Con gains. Not massive in the overall scheme but noteworthy all the same.
  • Options

it could mean up to half a dozen Con gains

It's sad that tim isnt here to witness this Scottish Tory surging ;)
  • Options
    Whilst, as a general rule, the New Statesman is less eye-wateringly barmy than the Guardian, you really do have to take your hat off to Ms Natalie Bennett, item number 7 in TSE's magisterial list, for the impeccably barmy timing of her article, published at 16:08 on the day that 'staggeringly strong' employment figures were issued.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Exactly, we're due.

Grand Slams are irrelevant once you've won a world cup
    Nothing that occurred before facebook, twitter and youtube really happened.

It's like philosophy, if no-one hears the trees has become if no-one tweets about it.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949

As an aside on those YouGov figures, I know how much the Scottish sub-sample is beloved of pb-ers, and the numbers are small and erratic, but the poll had the Tories on 22% up there. If that's accurate - and by-elections and other polling has pointed to a modest Blue uptick north of the border - it could mean up to half a dozen Con gains. Not massive in the overall scheme but noteworthy all the same.

I think Rod From Crosby has been predicting Tory gains in Scotland for some time now?

Could be wrong though. I'm on here a lot more infrequently than I would wish these day's.

• Options

AveryLP said:

Paywall

"Sensible economist" - PB Definitive - An economist I agree with.
    You would have some credibility if you ever answered a question instead of posting glib replies to posts that your brain cannot process.

I will ask you in a more neutral manner: do you think unemployment will increase under Ed, if not then why not? Do you think that mass immigration has been detrimental to the lower paid? Do you think the coalition have done anything whatsoever that is good?
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited January 2014
    Don't know if this has already been posted, but interesting article in the Economist suggesting UKIP are wising up on their campaigning methods and are targetting specific types of seats:

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21594261-populist-right-wing-party-has-learned-trick-liberal-democrats-could-propel-it

Seaside towns definitely look like very promising territory for them, as do working-class "white van man" seats in Essex and Kent - all types of seats where Cameron's Tories are too posh for them, but which don't like Labour because of immigration. The best part for UKIP is, many of these seats are Labour-Tory marginals, meaning most likely neither of those two parties will be getting huge shares of the vote in these places in 2015, thus UKIP could potentially sneak through the middle and swipe several of these seats on as little as 30%.

I still think UKIP have a decent chance of winning up to 10 seats in 2015.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Lab/Con marginal in the south

Hastings & Rye
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    "... The tricky bit is pulling them back while not losing any at the other end."

I don't think that is actually possible, Mr. Herdson. Of the former Conservative voters that have said they will vote UKIP next time around I rather fancy that a significant number have lost faith in Cameron and there is now nothing more he could do to get them back, and certainly nothing he could say. Furthermore, I don't think a growing economy really matters to the voters Cameron has lost, at least not in terms of their voting intention.

The Conservative's best hope is that in the marginals sufficient defectors, if I may use the term, will on the day swallow their misgivings and vote for them to keep Labour out. In the safe seats such as my own constituency UKIP will do well but as Nick Herbert has a 15k majority, who cares (except people like me who will be trying to get some bets on about how far his majority will drop).
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,071
    CEO criticises Miliband. Given the public's opinion of CEO's isn't very high, I doubt this will harm Ed. Might even help him look more effective as the scourge of the fat cats.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Danny565 said:

Don't know if this has already been posted, but interesting article in the Economist suggesting UKIP are wising up on their campaigning methods and are targetting specific types of seats:

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21594261-populist-right-wing-party-has-learned-trick-liberal-democrats-could-propel-it

Seaside towns definitely look like very promising territory for them, as do industrial "white van man" seats in Essex and Kent - all types of seats where Cameron's Tories are too posh for them, but which don't like Labour because of immigration. The best part for UKIP is, many of these seats are Labour-Tory marginals, meaning most likely neither of those two parties will be getting huge shares of the vote in these places in 2015, thus UKIP could potentially sneak through the middle and swipe several of these seats on as little as 30%.

I still think UKIP have a decent chance of winning up to 10 seats in 2015.

God help the UK if ukip win any seats, judging by their poor record in local government.

• Options
    antifrank said:

The Express and the Mail front pages are each interesting for different reasons. I expect David Cameron would be enjoying both.

New way to beat agony of migraine and - hold on these are yesterdays - Which twitter feed has the papers, was looking at thepaperboy
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

You could have taken the Scottish sub sample from the last ICM poll with Conservatives at 10% and say it was a certainty that the Conservatives would lose their sole Scottish seat . Alternatively you could have used the last Populus with Conservatives at 14% or the previous Populus which had Lib Dems at 17% and reached different conclusions .
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    edited January 2014
    Silly headline in the Mirror. Imagine if he was waiting in the queue with kids who have sprained ankles.
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312

Would you repost your prediction for the FA Cup Final last year?

Man City a shedload - Wigan Athletic Nil?
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

Would you repost your prediction for the FA Cup Final last year?

Man City a shedload - Wigan Athletic Nil?
    I can't remember my prediction, could you repost it for me please.

27 winning bets this calendar month, just saying.
  • Options
    What a funny bunch the Lib-Dems are turning out to be, LOL! Who would have thunk it.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

New way to beat agony of migraine and - hold on these are yesterdays - Which twitter feed has the papers, was looking at thepaperboy
    The best people on twitter for newspapers are @suttonnick and @hendopolis - they get all papers emailed to them, and they also do the back pages
  • Options
    Has there been some sort of mass PB exodus, BTW? Half the "characters" seem to be absent now?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

What a funny bunch the Lib-Dems are turning out to be, LOL! Who would have thunk it.

True , but , of course we don't have an MP charged with homosexual rape , only MPs found guilty of offences without charge by people on here .
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

True , but , of course we don't have an MP charged with homosexual rape , only MPs found guilty of offences without charge by people on here .
    LOL! No need to get personal. I was only making an observation...

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,071

You could have taken the Scottish sub sample from the last ICM poll with Conservatives at 10% and say it was a certainty that the Conservatives would lose their sole Scottish seat . Alternatively you could have used the last Populus with Conservatives at 14% or the previous Populus which had Lib Dems at 17% and reached different conclusions .
    When will we get the detail from ICM's January poll?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,712
    edited January 2014

It's out

http://www.icmresearch.com/data/media/pdf/2014_jan_guardian_poll.pdf
  • Options

They are on their website now , what details do you want ?
  • Options
    Payall

Tory MPs have complained that they receive more attention from Ed Miliband than from David Cameron.

The Labour leader often writes notes, sends text messages or stops for chats with Conservative backbenchers. By contrast, the Prime Minister is regarded as frosty towards his own MPs when he bumps into them in the Commons.
  • Options

Payall

Tory MPs have complained that they receive more attention from Ed Miliband than from David Cameron.

The Labour leader often writes notes, sends text messages or stops for chats with Conservative backbenchers. By contrast, the Prime Minister is regarded as frosty towards his own MPs when he bumps into them in the Commons.

The killer quote from that piece

One Tory MP. “Ultimately, Ed is just a much nicer guy than Dave.”
  • Options

If it's attention they want we could send Lord Rennard their way.
  • Options

Payall

The killer quote from that piece

One Tory MP. “Ultimately, Ed is just a much nicer guy than Dave.”
    Or perhaps it's just that Ed has a LOT of spare time on his hands while Cameron has to actually run the country?

This discussion has been closed.