Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Rishi Sunak’s impotence – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,942
    Extraordinary from Jake Berry - says Suella Braverman committed multiple breaches and that cabinet secretary Simon Case made his view clear and that she did not own up to it but was presented with the evidence https://twitter.com/piersuncensored/status/1585361104062058508
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Leon said:

It’s a massive breakthrough when you realise you’ve reached the stage when you actually enjoy dining alone

Not least, because that means you can travel the world alone and still enjoy really good food at night. And travelling alone is the best for accruing experiences, as we have discussed

There’s also an interesting gradient of discomfort to be overcome. Breakfast alone is fine for everyone. We all do it. Lunch alone can make you a little more self conscious

But you’ve only beaten the silly awkwardness when you can waltz into a restaurant and dine alone. Do it with flair and a smile. Dinner for one!

Then a dry martini. Mmmmm

Leon said:

It’s a massive breakthrough when you realise you’ve reached the stage when you actually enjoy dining alone

Not least, because that means you can travel the world alone and still enjoy really good food at night. And travelling alone is the best for accruing experiences, as we have discussed

There’s also an interesting gradient of discomfort to be overcome. Breakfast alone is fine for everyone. We all do it. Lunch alone can make you a little more self conscious

But you’ve only beaten the silly awkwardness when you can waltz into a restaurant and dine alone. Do it with flair and a smile. Dinner for one!

Then a dry martini. Mmmmm

Agree. Never say table for one - say solo (it's a universal language).
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,250
    Leon quoting a Kremlin propagandist as "evidence" is no surprise.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,418
    Cookie said:

Cookie said:

Anyway. A magical evening this evening. The Enchanted Forest on Pitlochry. I had never heard of it until.it was recommended a couple of months backby one of our friendly Scottish contingent - but it appears to be a big deal in these parts. "Oh, you're going to the enchanted forest" they'll say, with a smile, as if you've just discovered a big and wonderful secret. "You'll have a great time." And we did. The family - the wife especially - are connosseurs of a light show, but this was something else. Ethereal, trippy, mystical, spectacular. We walked round with big happy, soppy smiles on our faces.
    As a happy postscript, heading back down the A9 to Dunkeld the sky suddenly cleared. There was a "wow" from the daughter on the right as she saw the dazzling array of stars - and then when we got back to our accommodation the same noise from everyone as we piled out of the car. Utterly astonishing. The girls had never seen anything like it. You could see the Milky Way. You could see shooting stars. Even for adults who had seen one or two starry skies in the past it was astonishing.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.
    Was it you who recommended it to me? Thanks if it was!
    You're v. welcome.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    As funny as that was, VAR really is terrible.
  • Options
    RunDeepRunDeep Posts: 77

"Short of making Boris Johnson his ethics adviser I cannot think of a more disastrous and inappropriate appointment by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak than reappointing Braverman as Home Secretary six days after leaving the Home Office."

Hard to argue with that.

Sunak's reappointment of Raab to Justice Minister, a role he performed incompetently and with a marked lack of distinction, is equally as bad as Braverman's appointment. His proposals are quite as concerning as those the Home Office is proposing. One of the most important functions of any state is once again in the hands of an incompetent illiberal moron.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

As funny as that was, VAR really is terrible.

VAR is great, just very badly implemented.

Based on that decision I've been wrong about the offside rule my entire life.
  • Options
    Harry Kane ahead of the ball.... 😬

Haven't seen any 3D visualisation version but:

"The ball went backwards!" Eric Dier said. The direction a ball is played is irrelevant for offside.

The deflection is also not a deliberate play so doesn't reset Kane's offside position.

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1585377538968530945/photo/1
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,844
    Carnyx said:

mwadams said:

Eabhal said:

I'm interested on how PB's finest would tackle the boats across the channel issue. I think a deal with the French is needed along lines of processing applications for asylum jointly in France and we take a certain percentage or number and French agree that intercepted boats can be turned back. Anybody think that Rwanda might "work" if implemented fully?

Easy.

Permanent landlord ban on anyone housing undocumented migrants

Permanent director ban for any company employing them

Permanent driving ban for anyone moving them about

Etc etc
    And residency rights for any illegal immigrant who whistleblows on the above.
    But think about the companies. How are they to know, in the absence of a UK ID card?

They'd need to ask everyone to show a passport. How do they know they are real? And what about the many, many UK subjects who don't have a passport? Are they to become unemployable?
    Every time I get a new job I am required to show a passport so already what we do
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    edited October 2022
    Russia’s stolen fr Kherson the body of Prince Potemkin, Catherine the Great’s lover, political partner, greatest minister of the Romanovs.Here’s a thread inc my photos of http://tomb.It implies Kherson will fall to Ukraine but one wonders:what will Putin do w the body?
    https://twitter.com/simonmontefiore/status/1585314749323317249
This discussion has been closed.