Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Odds of 2/1 on a Johnson 2022 exit look value – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,990

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

- “… with his ratings and Tory voting numbers in apparent freefall…”

Five more Deltapoll-scale findings and I reckon he’s history. Tory MPs are clearly not interested in ethics, but the slimeballs won’t look forward to re-entering the jobs market just as England regains her Sick Man of Europe title.

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

(Deltapoll/Mail on Sunday; Sample Size: 1,550; Fieldwork: 13th - 14th April 2022)

10% poll lead in the Midlands is hardly devastating for him
    Now you’re moving the goalposts. Previously it was a 10 point deficit which was your Ditch Johnson benchmark. Now a 10 point Con lead in one region is sufficient to save him.

How bad does Con VI need to be before you advocate a fresh leader? Fifteen point deficit? A deficit in every single country and region?
    Most polls do not have a Labour lead of 10%+ UK wide
    Most polls are not UK-wide.

So, a range of different pollsters all showing a 10 point plus Con deficit GB-/UK-wide will suffice? I take it your daft 10 point Con lead in the Midlands observation was your attempt at squirrel spotting.
    Remember, people who don't vote Tory DON'T COUNT.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,677
    Politico.com - As Russia mounts new offensive, Western allies’ help for Ukraine could be too little, too late
    Following Biden-led call, leaders make vague offers of assistance.

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-new-offensive-west-allies-pledge-help-ukraine/

More weapons. More money. More sanctions. More commitments to provide security guarantees.

Major Western allies on Tuesday promised Ukraine more of virtually every type of assistance, but they could offer no more assurances that any of it would stop Russia’s brutal new military assault in eastern Ukraine, or prevent the Kremlin’s armies from conquering all of Donbas or committing further wartime atrocities.

The pledges of additional support came after a videoconference of allied leaders convened by U.S. President Joe Biden. But, in fact, the pledges were largely a recitation of help previously promised to Ukraine, with only vague suggestions of new assistance — raising a high risk that Ukrainian forces would find themselves running low on ammunition and weapons at a potentially decisive moment in the war.

Russia on Monday night unleashed a ferocious bombardment, striking targets all across Ukraine as it began what senior Kremlin officials described as a new phase of the war focused on the eastern region of Donbas. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and other officials have pleaded with the West for more weapons and ammunition, while insisting their forces will not surrender any turf.

Biden’s videoconference on Tuesday was joined by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, Polish President Andrzej Duda, Romanian President Klaus Iohannis, and U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, as well as European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, European Council President Charles Michel and NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.

One senior EU official said it was important for the leaders to reconnect but also acknowledged there was “no real deliverable” from the call. Rather, the official said, leaders gave updates on assistance being provided by individual nations, and discussed theoretical plans for helping guarantee Ukraine’s future security and for rebuilding the country.

In the meantime, however, fierce battles already underway in eastern Ukraine could determine the country’s fate. “What happens in the east could have a catastrophic effect on the whole situation in Ukraine,” the senior official said.

Asked, as he disembarked Air Force One upon landing Tuesday in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, if he would be sending more artillery to Ukraine, Biden answered simply: “Yes.” . . . .
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    edited April 2022
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

ROFL Johnson is about as reliable as a condom with a hole in it

A bloke I was at university with was enamoured of a strictly Catholic girlfriend and used to push pins through unopened condom packets in the hope of impregnating and therefore marrying her. It didn't happen. He is now married to someone else and has children. The takeaway being, condoms are impregnated (ironic word) with spermicide and quite useful even when holed.
    hmmm so sex before marriage and using condoms....that is a very loose definition of the phrase "strictly catholic"
    On a point of PB pedantry, Ishmael didn't say 'Roman'. She might have been C of E, especially on the High/Puseyite sense.
    shrugs I cant keep all the denominations straight frankly, christians seem to be sects maniacs
    If it's any consolation, it's only because of an active interest in local history that I've had to learn the very real differences. Which are seriously important for anyone doing 19th century history (and interested in anything earlier). It's still utterly f***ing outrageous that the C of E is allocated seats in a supposedly modern parliament, when nobody else, no Kirk ministers, Muslim imams, Jewish rabbis, witches, shamans, or Jedi knights, gets places.
    No it isn't as the Church of England is the established Church and the Monarch its Supreme Governor.

The Roman Catholic Church won't allow their bishops to be in the Lords anyway as it challenges the supremacy of the Vatican and the evangelicals have little interest in bishops anyway
    Oh, so Mr Johnson has put himself under the supremacy of the Vatican? Dodgy, you say.

The whole point is that the C of E should not be an Established Church at all in the modern world. You know, we're not in the Tudor era any more. Or even the Stuart one. And look what happened to the Stuarts.
    Yes it should, the whole point we have the established church is to stop Rome again being our main established Catholic church, as it is in Scotland for instance where there is only a choice between Roman Catholic Popery or Presbyterian evangelicals. The Scottish Episcopal Anglican church is just a small minority church now.

Not to mention the Parish system in England of the established church guarantees every Parishioner a church wedding or funeral regardless of how often they attend church
    Trying to start the Gordon Riots again?

If I were an active Christian Scot I would be really angry at your description of Scottish religion as an Old Firm plus Partick Thistle. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that, starting with the Quakers.

And your latter point is utterly irrelevant to your political worldview. It's a moral and pastoral one. it doesn't mean that Mr J pp HMtQ has to be i/c the C of E. In any case, what't the point of a boss of the C of E who keeps slagging it off?

And there are numerous state and ex-state church arrangements across Europe that don't involve legislative power for bishops, and which aren't "Popery", to use HYUFD's sectarian slur.
    Almost every other nation in Europe has the Roman Catholic church or the Orthodox Church as its largest church.

The main exceptions are nations like Norway and Denmark which also have the Protestant Lutheran church as their established church
    Largest does not equate established.
    It does, even in Germany and the Netherlands now, which used to be Protestant, they have the Roman Catholic church as their largest church as they have no established Protestant church like we, the Danes and Norwegians do
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

A bloke I was at university with was enamoured of a strictly Catholic girlfriend and used to push pins through unopened condom packets in the hope of impregnating and therefore marrying her. It didn't happen. He is now married to someone else and has children. The takeaway being, condoms are impregnated (ironic word) with spermicide and quite useful even when holed.
    hmmm so sex before marriage and using condoms....that is a very loose definition of the phrase "strictly catholic"
    On a point of PB pedantry, Ishmael didn't say 'Roman'. She might have been C of E, especially on the High/Puseyite sense.
    shrugs I cant keep all the denominations straight frankly, christians seem to be sects maniacs
    If it's any consolation, it's only because of an active interest in local history that I've had to learn the very real differences. Which are seriously important for anyone doing 19th century history (and interested in anything earlier). It's still utterly f***ing outrageous that the C of E is allocated seats in a supposedly modern parliament, when nobody else, no Kirk ministers, Muslim imams, Jewish rabbis, witches, shamans, or Jedi knights, gets places.
    No it isn't as the Church of England is the established Church and the Monarch its Supreme Governor.

The Roman Catholic Church won't allow their bishops to be in the Lords anyway as it challenges the supremacy of the Vatican and the evangelicals have little interest in bishops anyway
    Oh, so Mr Johnson has put himself under the supremacy of the Vatican? Dodgy, you say.

The whole point is that the C of E should not be an Established Church at all in the modern world. You know, we're not in the Tudor era any more. Or even the Stuart one. And look what happened to the Stuarts.
    Yes it should, the whole point we have the established church is to stop Rome again being our main established Catholic church, as it is in Scotland for instance where there is only a choice between Roman Catholic Popery or Presbyterian evangelicals. The Scottish Episcopal Anglican church is just a small minority church now.

Not to mention the Parish system in England of the established church guarantees every Parishioner a church wedding or funeral regardless of how often they attend church

If I were an active Christian Scot I would be really angry at your description of Scottish religion as an Old Firm plus Partick Thistle. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that, starting with the Quakers.

And your latter point is utterly irrelevant to your political worldview. It's a moral and pastoral one. it doesn't mean that Mr J pp HMtQ has to be i/c the C of E. In any case, what't the point of a boss of the C of E who keeps slagging it off?

The Quakers are also a tiny minority in Scotland. Scottish religion has been and still is dominated by Roman Catholicism a la Celtic and Church of Scotland evangelical Presbyterianism a la Rangers or even more hardline evangelism in the Free Church of Scotland.

The reason England still has the Church of England as its largest church, not the Roman Catholic church or hardcore evangelicals, is the Church of England is the established church.

Mr Johnson is not Supreme Governor of the C of E, the Queen is, Mr Johnson is not even Anglican but Roman Catholic
    But the C of E is absolutely full of romanists and hardline evangelicals anyway. So it's useless for the reason you clam. It's just a political construct to provide an ideological arm for the English state which is long out of date. The Scottish equivalent would be sacrificing a virgin on the summit of Arthur's Seat every Beltane dawn.
    No it isn't. The largest group in the Church of England is liberals with a smaller group of conservative evangelicals and a tiny subset of Anglo Catholics still (many of whom went to Rome already over women priests).

I didn't say most of the C of E were - simply that there were plenty of the types I mentioned.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,231
    Craig Whittaker MP says that he has called for the PM to resign over his "law-breaking" and he should be willing to refer himself to the privileges committee.

#TheTake: https://news.sky.com/

📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1516875939275284482/video/1
  • Options

Cannot believe the Tories are whipping against investigating Boris Johnson.

Every MP that votes for that disgrace are going to get beaten like morning wood at the next election.

I doubt the Tories are even looking long term now. Literally everything is short termist rubbish that’ll come back to bite them
    Yup,
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

And there are numerous state and ex-state church arrangements across Europe that don't involve legislative power for bishops, and which aren't "Popery", to use HYUFD's sectarian slur.
    Almost every other nation in Europe has the Roman Catholic church or the Orthodox Church as its largest church.

The main exceptions are nations like Norway and Denmark which also have the Protestant Lutheran church as their established church
    It does, even in Germany and the Netherlands now, which used to be Protestant, they have the Roman Catholic church as their largest church as they have no established Protestant church like we, the Danes and Norwegians do
    But it's not established, is it? You're talking more mince than a catering pack of Quorn from Farmfoods.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Interesting to see No 10 and Mr J relentlessly attacking the C of E.

He is, of course, de facto Head vice HMtQ.

What's the point of an Established Church if the Conservative Party feel totally free to order it about, and ignore it?

How long before the C of E sheds the Erastian heresy and moves to disestablishment?

Who is the most senior practising Anglican in the government?

Come to think of it, who is the most senior minister who would put "C of E" in the box labelled "religion" on a form, without thinking about it much?
    Raab is Church of England, albeit he is half Jewish too
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,926
    Test
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,867

HYUFD said:

Every MP that votes for that disgrace are going to get beaten like morning wood at the next election.

Labour MPs did not vote to investigate Blair over WMD misleading in Parliament
    The Conservatives should have higher standards than 'as bad as Blair.'
    Just catching up but it looks like HMG have thrown in the towel on this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/20/boris-johnson-abandons-efforts-block-inquiry-on-misleading-commons-over-partygate
  • Options

Sorry to go on about the war but....

Has anyone seen or heard from an expert predicting that the Russians are likely to make a major breakthrough in the Donbass? I'm struck by the near universal scepticism from pretty much everyone I listen to or read. At the start of the war many were predicting Kiev would fall in days and the whole country within weeks. Now I can hardly find anyone who thinks they'll get very far. Quite a turnaround. There is a difference between unlikely and impossible and wars are unpredictable beasts. I hope the pendulum hasn't swung back too far the other way and the experts aren't herding in their views.

I can't think of anything specific, but I do remember that Alastair Meeks had a different impression, writing that:

"We keep being told by military strategists that this is a very different proposition from the battleground in northern Ukraine and we should not assume that just because the Russians failed in their assault on Kyiv that they will fail to make progress in the Donbas."

There had also been some nervous pointing towards the potential for encirclement of the JFO before the withdrawal from around Kyiv.

There is a lot of uncertainty, and as I think one of the analysts on twitter said, "war is a series of contingent events," but if Ukraine are to emerge victorious then it's hard to think of a possible opening eight weeks to the war that would be more likely to lead them in that direction.
    There is certainly a case for believing that the Russians are now pursuing their best strategy, having exhausted all the other possibilities.

Personally I think they have handed the West an extraordinary opportunity to give them a massive arse-kicking, without making it too embarrassingly obvious that is what is going on. Of course this isn't much solace to the poor sods caught up in the war, but at least the Ukranian Nation is likely to emerge very much stronger in the long run. It will be a tough journey, but they are likely to get there in the end.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Five more Deltapoll-scale findings and I reckon he’s history. Tory MPs are clearly not interested in ethics, but the slimeballs won’t look forward to re-entering the jobs market just as England regains her Sick Man of Europe title.

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

(Deltapoll/Mail on Sunday; Sample Size: 1,550; Fieldwork: 13th - 14th April 2022)

Now you’re moving the goalposts. Previously it was a 10 point deficit which was your Ditch Johnson benchmark. Now a 10 point Con lead in one region is sufficient to save him.

How bad does Con VI need to be before you advocate a fresh leader? Fifteen point deficit? A deficit in every single country and region?
    The way the conservatives are going they will be a lot more than that behind Labour in the next few weeks

I do think that Boris is now terminally wounded and will be voted out by his mps by the early summer

It is over @HYUFD
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

But it's not established, is it? You're talking more mince than a catering pack of Quorn from Farmfoods.
    Yes it is, the Norwegian and Danish Lutheran churches are established and the largest churches there whereas in almost all the rest of Europe the Roman Catholic church is the largest church or else the Orthodox church
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Interesting to see No 10 and Mr J relentlessly attacking the C of E.

He is, of course, de facto Head vice HMtQ.

What's the point of an Established Church if the Conservative Party feel totally free to order it about, and ignore it?

How long before the C of E sheds the Erastian heresy and moves to disestablishment?

Who is the most senior practising Anglican in the government?

Come to think of it, who is the most senior minister who would put "C of E" in the box labelled "religion" on a form, without thinking about it much?
    Raab is Church of England, albeit he is half Jewish too
    So that's only 50% probability. Or maybe 52% or 48%. You need to do better than that.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,048
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

But it is pretty likely that the RCC has had the highest weekly attendance in England for a fair amount of the last 50 years, even if we don't have great stats on it. So what are you defending?
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Irrelevant to your claim that England would "go Catholic" if it switched to a Swedish or Dutch system. Your rhetoric is stuck in the era of Popery paranoia and witch hunts.
    Wait until he finds out Boris Johnson is a Papist.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,072

Has anyone seen or heard from an expert predicting that the Russians are likely to make a major breakthrough in the Donbass? I'm struck by the near universal scepticism from pretty much everyone I listen to or read. At the start of the war many were predicting Kiev would fall in days and the whole country within weeks. Now I can hardly find anyone who thinks they'll get very far. Quite a turnaround. There is a difference between unlikely and impossible and wars are unpredictable beasts. I hope the pendulum hasn't swung back too far the other way and the experts aren't herding in their views.

I'm sure some have said that Russia will, with enough effort and paying a high price, manage take most of Donbas and a corridor to Crimea. Though at the cost of several Mariupols. Who the hell knows, but it sounds plausible.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/20/boris-johnson-abandons-efforts-block-inquiry-on-misleading-commons-over-partygate
    Not so much thrown in the towel but jammed it into the U-bend to try and stop the due processes of flushing.
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Irrelevant to your claim that England would "go Catholic" if it switched to a Swedish or Dutch system. Your rhetoric is stuck in the era of Popery paranoia and witch hunts.
    The largest church in the Netherlands is now the Roman Catholic church, when once it was a Protestant majority nation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Netherlands
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Not like you to forget the Jocks. Keep up the tank maintenance.

• Options

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Wait until he finds out Boris Johnson is a Papist.
    He still backs the C of E as the established church
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,753
    It must be a very difficult time for anyone who is a lickspittle for both Bozo and the Church of England.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Yes, it is depressing but not surprising that tribalists will always fall back on just pointing at the baddies on the other side as an excuse.

No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean we should just give up on any standards in politics, it isn't a race to the bottom.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,601
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

The Quakers are also a tiny minority in Scotland. Scottish religion has been and still is dominated by Roman Catholicism a la Celtic and Church of Scotland evangelical Presbyterianism a la Rangers or even more hardline evangelism in the Free Church of Scotland.

The reason England still has the Church of England as its largest church, not the Roman Catholic church or hardcore evangelicals, is the Church of England is the established church.

Mr Johnson is not Supreme Governor of the C of E, the Queen is, Mr Johnson is not even Anglican but Roman Catholic
    But the C of E is absolutely full of romanists and hardline evangelicals anyway. So it's useless for the reason you clam. It's just a political construct to provide an ideological arm for the English state which is long out of date. The Scottish equivalent would be sacrificing a virgin on the summit of Arthur's Seat every Beltane dawn.
    No it isn't. The largest group in the Church of England is liberals with a smaller group of conservative evangelicals and a tiny subset of Anglo Catholics still (many of whom went to Rome already over women priests).

Is that still the case? I'd have put the centre of gravity of the C of E roughly at soft-charismatic-evangelical, as in Holy Trinity Brompton, the Alpha course and all that. (For those who remember it, the chruch in "Rev" that served smoothies and was full of shiny happy people.) Which is the tradition that Justin Welby came from, though I think he has moved some way away from it.

Not hardcore conservative evangelicals, sure, but not liberal in the way that Robert Runcie would have recognised.
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

But it is pretty likely that the RCC has had the highest weekly attendance in England for a fair amount of the last 50 years, even if we don't have great stats on it. So what are you defending?
    47% C of E, 10% Roman Catholic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_England
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

34% off the pace in Scotland is, though.
    The Tories can win a majority with only 1 seat in Scotland, as they did in 2015 when they also got 15% there
    That one sentence explains why the Union is broken.
    No it isn't. Scotland voted 55% to keep the Union in 2014 despite a Tory PM with only 1 Scottish seat and it has Holyrood to run most of its domestic policies now anyway
    It is a bit, though.
    The fact that you think there's no problem is proof of the problem. Most people in Scotland know that something's not quite right. The ~43% of the population who want to vote for independence are the floor, not the ceiling. There's a lot of us who don't fit in that voting intention who are more than a little concerned too.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Craig Whittaker MP says that he has called for the PM to resign over his "law-breaking" and he should be willing to refer himself to the privileges committee.

#TheTake: https://news.sky.com/

📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1516875939275284482/video/1

I hold my hand up, I didn't think any MPs would actually wait for the fines before deciding that was the line, especially as others moved in the other direction.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

The largest church in the Netherlands is now the Roman Catholic church, when once it was a Protestant majority nation

At various points in recent history, the largest church in England was the Catholic Church.
  • Options

It must be a very difficult time for anyone who is a lickspittle for both Bozo and the Church of England.

Quite. Though I'd say the Tories, and emphjasise Mr J's role as de facto head of the C of E pp HMtQ rather than his formal RCism:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/20/pmqs-boris-johnson-denies-bbc-criticism-no-justin-welby-apology

'A series of prominent Church of England figures defended Welby and the archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, with one saying those who questioned their right to criticise the controversial Rwanda scheme “need to acquaint themselves with the most basic rudiments of Christianity”.'
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Most polls are not UK-wide.

So, a range of different pollsters all showing a 10 point plus Con deficit GB-/UK-wide will suffice? I take it your daft 10 point Con lead in the Midlands observation was your attempt at squirrel spotting.
    Remember, people who don't vote Tory DON'T COUNT.
    A country of 5.4 million, but only the 690,000 Tory voters matter.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

The way the conservatives are going they will be a lot more than that behind Labour in the next few weeks

I do think that Boris is now terminally wounded and will be voted out by his mps by the early summer

It is over @HYUFD
    I'm with @HYUFD on this.

Somehow or other Boris survives and goes on to win the autumn 2023 general election (though Con majority is halved) as Keith Starmer bores most of his potential voters into a slumber! ;)

Labour wins in 2028 though!
  • Options

And hopefully every council candidate who parades themselves with those MPs.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    Lol @ Chelski
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

And almost none of the 47% go to church. I didn't know you were a fan of self-ID :)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

I recently acquired a remaindered book about nothing but dummy Panzers - actually very interesting (a core element of Reichswehr/Wehrmacht training, as well as PR as in your pic): this sort of training Panzer:

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soldaten-der-reichswehr-bewegen-nachbildungen-von-panzern-in-einem-87863712.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=3F9D4A1B-C5F1-431C-9AE4-3E2168E736FC&p=291620&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo=bar&st=0&pn=1&ps=100&sortby=2&resultview=sortbyPopular&npgs=0&qt=panzerattrappen&qt_raw=panzerattrappen&lic=3&mr=0&pr=0&ot=0&creative=&ag=0&hc=0&pc=&blackwhite=&cutout=&tbar=1&et=0x000000000000000000000&vp=0&loc=0&imgt=0&dtfr=&dtto=&size=0xFF&archive=1&groupid=&pseudoid=&a=&cdid=&cdsrt=&name=&qn=&apalib=&apalic=&lightbox=&gname=&gtype=&xstx=0&simid=&saveQry=&editorial=1&nu=&t=&edoptin=&customgeoip=&cap=1&cbstore=1&vd=0&lb=&fi=2&edrf=&ispremium=1&flip=0&pl=
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

And almost none of the 47% go to church. I didn't know you were a fan of self-ID :)
    Except foir hatching (perhaps), matching and despatching tbf.
  • Options

And hopefully every council candidate who parades themselves with those MPs.
    No wonder Mr J and the C-word have been airbrushed from ScoTories electoral bumf.
  • Options

Don’t forget General Franco. The lickspittle manages to get his tongue up some pretty disgusting crevices.
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,168
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    I'm with @HYUFD on this.

Somehow or other Boris survives and goes on to win the autumn 2023 general election (though Con majority is halved) as Keith Starmer bores most of his potential voters into a slumber! ;)

Not if someone from the Socialist Campaign Group takes over following a defeat. Very unlikely, but we thought the same about Corbyn winning the leadership seven years ago.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,444
    Farooq said:

I think it's a mug's game trying to predict what's going to happen. There's probably nobody in the world that has the necessary information: emplacements, numbers, state of equipment, morale, political will, discipline. All of these things are subject to concealment and misinformation. You'd be lucky to find someone who had a good overview of all this on one side, let alone both.
    A point which, when made weeks ago, was met with near universal condemnation on here.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Is that still the case? I'd have put the centre of gravity of the C of E roughly at soft-charismatic-evangelical, as in Holy Trinity Brompton, the Alpha course and all that. (For those who remember it, the chruch in "Rev" that served smoothies and was full of shiny happy people.) Which is the tradition that Justin Welby came from, though I think he has moved some way away from it.

Not hardcore conservative evangelicals, sure, but not liberal in the way that Robert Runcie would have recognised.
    In the Synod elections last year 131 candidates from the liberal 'inclusive church' wing were elected, with 30 Anglo Catholics.

On gay marriage revisionists and Orthodox evangelicals were about equal overall but revisionists were ahead in the House of Clergy

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2021/22-october/news/uk/high-turnover-in-general-synod-elections
    https://www.psephizo.com/life-ministry/what-will-the-new-general-synod-look-like/
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    But if he’s not, you’ll manage to find ten more excuses to change your mind. Even Douglas Ross doesn’t u-turn as often as you.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,591
    Macron looks like an effeminate, highly arrogant young man wearisomely forced to lecture his plodding, if well meaning mother, for the umpteenth time, and unable to conceal his abiding, slightly sinister contempt for her

No wonder he wins, it is the repeat of his marriage

• Options

HYUFD said:

Meaning that IF Boris & Co tried to impose 3-line whip, a significant share of Conservative MPs would either abstain, or rebel outright?

Like May 1940, but with Boris Johnson doing 3rd-mil. portrayal NOT of Churchill, but Chamberlain.

First time drama, second time farce.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Macron looks like an effeminate, highly arrogant young man wearisomely forced to lecture his plodding, if well meaning mother, for the umpteenth time, and unable to conceal his abiding, slightly sinister contempt for her

More poison please Sean. You’re losing your touch.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,410
    edited April 2022
    My wife and I have returned our postal votes for the two independent (non closet conservatives) candidates for may and have no regrets whatsoever for not voting conservative for the first time at the locals

Boris has to go and his mps have to move against him post may elections
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

What has that got to do with it? If the C of E was not the established church many would not even identify with it and the Roman Catholic church would again be our largest church.

Plus of course the end of the Parish system means no automatic right to church weddings or funerals for Parishioners for non church attendees
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

I recently acquired a remaindered book about nothing but dummy Panzers - actually very interesting (a core element of Reichswehr/Wehrmacht training, as well as PR as in your pic): this sort of training Panzer:

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-soldaten-der-reichswehr-bewegen-nachbildungen-von-panzern-in-einem-87863712.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=3F9D4A1B-C5F1-431C-9AE4-3E2168E736FC&p=291620&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo=bar&st=0&pn=1&ps=100&sortby=2&resultview=sortbyPopular&npgs=0&qt=panzerattrappen&qt_raw=panzerattrappen&lic=3&mr=0&pr=0&ot=0&creative=&ag=0&hc=0&pc=&blackwhite=&cutout=&tbar=1&et=0x000000000000000000000&vp=0&loc=0&imgt=0&dtfr=&dtto=&size=0xFF&archive=1&groupid=&pseudoid=&a=&cdid=&cdsrt=&name=&qn=&apalib=&apalic=&lightbox=&gname=&gtype=&xstx=0&simid=&saveQry=&editorial=1&nu=&t=&edoptin=&customgeoip=&cap=1&cbstore=1&vd=0&lb=&fi=2&edrf=&ispremium=1&flip=0&pl=
    https://tinyurl.com/uf7appap
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,167
    In the unlikely event PBers aren’t aware, France24 HD with live translation on Virgin cable Channel 624
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Time to reprise my observation earlier of seeing SKS head into T Blair's London residence this evening.

• Options
    Carnyx said:

Quite. Though I'd say the Tories, and emphjasise Mr J's role as de facto head of the C of E pp HMtQ rather than his formal RCism:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/20/pmqs-boris-johnson-denies-bbc-criticism-no-justin-welby-apology

'A series of prominent Church of England figures defended Welby and the archbishop of York, Stephen Cottrell, with one saying those who questioned their right to criticise the controversial Rwanda scheme “need to acquaint themselves with the most basic rudiments of Christianity”.'
    Rubbish, Boris has no role in the C of E whatsoever, Raab even advises the Queen on Bishop appointments now not Boris
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,228

My wife and I have returned our postal votes for the two independent (non coset conservatives) candidates for may and have no regrets whatsoever for not voting conservative for the first time at the locals

Don't tell @HYUFD
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

At various points in recent history, the largest church in England was the Catholic Church.
    BEFORE the Reformation when we had no Protestant established church
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Leon said:

Envy, thy name is Leon
  • Options

My wife and I have returned our postal votes for the two independent (non coset conservatives) candidates for may and have no regrets whatsoever for not voting conservative for the first time at the locals

Don't tell @HYUFD
    He voted for Plaid would you believe and something I would never do
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Rubbish, Boris has no role in the C of E whatsoever, Raab even advises the Queen on Bishop appointments now not Boris
    Mr Johnson does, he's PM. It goes with the job. Mr Raab only has it by delegation from Mr J.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,857

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Those Welsh and Scottish subsamples!
  • Options

Don't tell @HYUFD
    Given BigG voted for Blair twice it is hardly that surprising
  • Options

Leon said:

I am not Sean, you creepy Swedish boy-scout-guide with your weird keen-ness on manly nude lake bathing
  • Options
    Leon said:

Seems a bit Gore in 2000 debates from Macron here, sneering and effortlessly superior
  • Options
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    10 points off the pace in England.
    30 point off the pace in Scotland.
    40 points off the pace in Wales.
    AWOL in Ireland.

Conservative MPs are out of their tiny minds.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

What has that got to do with it? If the C of E was not the established church many would not even identify with it and the Roman Catholic church would again be our largest church.

Plus of course the end of the Parish system means no automatic right to church weddings or funerals for Parishioners for non church attendees
    The last point is rather the point. I wouldn't rock up to the local Jedi temple and demand a burial if I had never been an active member.

Unless you think that being a member of the C of E is somehow, erm. 'English' in a way that other religions and non-religions are not.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    I'm with @HYUFD on this.

Not if someone from the Socialist Campaign Group takes over following a defeat. Very unlikely, but we thought the same about Corbyn winning the leadership seven years ago.
    Not even Labour could be that stupid...
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    I'm with @HYUFD on this.

At the moment it is more likely the Tories will be moving further right than Labour move left again if the polls are right and Starmer will be next PM.

If not then you may be right
  • Options

Don't tell @HYUFD
    *indrawn breath over sucked teeth and rattle of clutched pearls*
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    But if he’s not, you’ll manage to find ten more excuses to change your mind. Even Douglas Ross doesn’t u-turn as often as you.
    You are clearly not following my posts utterly condemning Boris and he has to go

When he goes I will vote conservative otherwise it will be lib dem or independent at GE24
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Leon said:

Envy, thy name is Leon
    lol. No

This applies to all leading European politicians however, I would not wish to be any of them. Not just France.
  • Options

Don't tell @HYUFD
    Only after I have voted for all 4 Tory candidates on the ballot paper to use all my 6 votes.

Did you vote Tory as well as New Labour in 1997 and 2001?
  • Options

My wife and I have returned our postal votes for the two independent (non closet conservatives) candidates for may and have no regrets whatsoever for not voting conservative for the first time at the locals

Congratulations on casting your votes - anyway you choose.

Here in King Co, WA the local election office hands out stickers or buttons to those who come to vote in person (very few) or deal with some issue (ditto). Saying "Vote!" or "I've Voted".

BTW (also FYI) there are Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese & Korean versions; I have whole collection!

My favorite is "Yo voté" which I thinks works about as well in English as in Spanish.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

The last point is rather the point. I wouldn't rock up to the local Jedi temple and demand a burial if I had never been an active member.

Unless you think that being a member of the C of E is somehow, erm. 'English' in a way that other religions and non-religions are not.
    To some extent country historic Church of England Parish churches are very much part of England, as much as Morris Dancing and Village Green cricket and traditional pubs. Even if you are not very religious
  • Options
    Got visited by Wandsworth Tories today.

I asked if they would support putting Johnson in jail, they left quickly
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

I am not Sean, you creepy Swedish boy-scout-guide with your weird keen-ness on manly nude lake bathing
    I gave that a like. Boris needs a bit of a challenge in this year’s England’s Big Fat Liar contest.

Hugs n kisses from the lakeside xxx Thinking of you darling…
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,314
    Farooq said:

Leon said:

Envy, thy name is Leon
    The subconscious of the aging dildo whittler has obviously decided he's the dad in the Oedipal fantasy he's constructed. Fear rather than envy I think.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,455
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Not so much thrown in the towel but jammed it into the U-bend to try and stop the due processes of flushing.
    I see we are back to bloody Sue Grey report.

• Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,181
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

To some extent country historic Church of England Parish churches are very much part of England, as much as Morris Dancing and Village Green cricket and traditional pubs. Even if you are not very religious
    Morris Dancing is the absolute worst.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

As the established church the CofE has an obligation to marry anyone who wants to be married, subject to Canon Law.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,867

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

I see we are back to bloody Sue Grey report.

Gray shirley?
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,601

That's no fun!

If you really wanted to cause trouble, you should have kept them talking for ages.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,382

On what charge?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD
    You are clearly not following my posts utterly condemning Boris and he has to go

When he goes I will vote conservative otherwise it will be lib dem or independent at GE24
    My apologies. PB threads are impossibly wrong these days. It’s just I saw you making quite a few positive noises about the Conservatives and their leader in recent months.
  • Options

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    AWOL in Ireland.

What the feck is wrong with my fellow Midlanders? 47-37? Incredible given Johnson's last few weeks.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    TOPPING said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

As the established church the CofE has an obligation to marry anyone who wants to be married, subject to Canon Law.
    What's wrong with the registry office? Strip religions of any marriage powers and keep it in the hands of the state. It's a legal contract (and always was in Scotland, not a religious sacrament).
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Don't tell @HYUFD
    Only after I have voted for all 4 Tory candidates on the ballot paper to use all my 6 votes.

Did you vote Tory as well as New Labour in 1997 and 2001?
    Thank goodness there weren't just two BNP candidates to choose from.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,181
    Leon said:

I'm not sure I would describe Le Pen as well meaning.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Hopefully AFTER you detained them for 45 minutes giving them tea and asking questions regarding Conservative & Unionist position on ferret breading, badger baiting AND whether or not UAPs should be allowed to participate in AV elections.

Addendum - God knows what fiendishness (or relish) is implicated in ferret "breading"!

Certainly sounds lot less fun for the ferrets than ferret breeding.
  • Options

On what charge?
    Being a Tory.

Recently FUDHY was telling us that we rebels would be put against the wall. What’s good enough for the goose…
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

What's wrong with the registry office? Strip religions of any marriage powers and keep it in the hands of the state. It's a legal contract (and always was in Scotland, not a religious sacrament).
    Oh I agree just that as it stands the CofE has that obligation.
  • Options

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    AWOL in Ireland.

What the feck is wrong with my fellow Midlanders? 47-37? Incredible given Johnson's last few weeks.

Brexit has, quite literally, turned some folk bonkers.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    edited April 2022

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    AWOL in Ireland.

Dunno. I can’t understand it either. In my part of the midlands we have sensible(ish) greens who are making the running, so at least I’ve got someone positive to vote for.

Birmingham labour is pretty hated, with good reason, so that may well explain it.
  • Options

Sam Coates Sky
    @SamCoatesSky
    ·
    53m
    So why might this amendment have bought off some Tory rebels?

Because it appears rebels have been told that when *finally* there is a vote on referring Boris Johnson to the privileges committee, this will be a free vote

So the rebels think the probe WILL happen - eventually

====

They do know that he is serial lair don't they?
  • Options

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    AWOL in Ireland.

Guessing they like the culture war stuff against the woke and don't like Starmer. Maybe Street is helping the Tory brand in the West Midlands county?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Some people don't want a drab dull registry office, they want a wedding in a beautiful historic Medieval Parish Church of England church in a traditional English village, even if they are not that religious.

Only having an established church gives them that opportunity automatically as of right as Parishioners
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,095
    Leon said:

Leon said:

What's creepy about some good manly nude lake bathing?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

TOPPING said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Some people don't want a drab dull registry office, they want a wedding in a beautiful historic Medieval Parish Church of England church in a traditional English village, even if they are not that religious.

Only having an established church gives them that opportunity automatically as of right as Parishioners
    Not 100% correct. They are still subject to Canon Law. So not automatically.
  • Options

ohnotnow said:

And on top of that insightful comment - Mike - I do hope you're well.

This COVID thing is a bit crap but I think I'm getting better. Wasn't helped today by our problems with Vanilla which thankfully has been sorted.
    Pleased you (and Vanilla) are recovering. :)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

It is over @HYUFD

My apologies. PB threads are impossibly wrong these days. It’s just I saw you making quite a few positive noises about the Conservatives and their leader in recent months.
    Apology accepted

I want him gone as much as anyone

He is damaging the conservative party, the integrity of politicians, and the country's discourse

If his mps will not wield their power, than the electorate will do in 24
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

EPG said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Morris Dancing is the absolute worst.
    No it isn't. I have a friend who is a Morris Dancer, nothing better than a May Day Morris Dance watched with beer and ploughmans in a country pub
  • Options

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

London
    Lab 50%
    Con 20%

Rest of South
    Con 43%
    Lab 37%

Midlands
    Con 47%
    Lab 37%

North
    Lab 54%
    Con 24%

Scotland
    SNP 49%
    Lab 29%
    Con 15%

Wales
    Lab 56%
    PC 19%
    Con 13%

Boris:
    AWOL in Ireland.

Brexit has, quite literally, turned some folk bonkers.
    Someone needs to do some public polling of the Midlands and find out exactly why it's so out of kilter with the rest of the country. Unlike the North (where Labour are miles ahead), it seems the Brexit voters seem to be sticking with the Tories.
This discussion has been closed.