Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tonight’s approval and best PM numbers from Opinium – politicalbetting.com

2»

Comments

• IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Well that was a fun wordle. Had 0 yellows or greens after 2 guesses, 4 greens after 3rd guess.

Wordle 281 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟩🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Close to failure!
    Wordle 281 2/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,231
    IshmaelZ said:

Well that was a fun wordle. Had 0 yellows or greens after 2 guesses, 4 greens after 3rd guess.

Wordle 281 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟩🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Close to failure!
    Wordle 281 2/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    I get better and better with every wordle I do. After two or three goes, I can usually get them on the very first guess.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    rcs1000 said:

IshmaelZ said:

Wordle 281 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟩🟩🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Close to failure!
    Wordle 281 2/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    I get better and better with every wordle I do. After two or three goes, I can usually get them on the very first guess.
    That was for real
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,524
    Good morning, everyone.

Slept badly, yet again, but I'll start work on browsing the markets fairly soon. Last year or two some of my top tips came when knackered, so let's hope that holds true again.
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 5,215
    Farooq said:

Scottish pupils will be taught the Loch Ness monster is anti-Scottish because its legend was a creation of the British class system that portrayed Scotland as 'primitive'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10655551/Scottish-pupils-taught-Loch-Ness-Monster-symbol-Englands-domination-Scotland.html

That's a pretty interesting discussion point. Should be a stimulating set of lessons. Hats off to them, I think it's quite good despite the Mail's hostile writeup on it.

EDIT: I had the word "pretty" in there three times, duplicates removed now
    There is no link to the 17 page document, nor is there any detail of who authored the 'lesson plan', and what authority they have.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true. But you can't make any objective assessment without knowing the detail set out above. Why omit it?

The daily mail are just shit stirring. It is actually worse than fake news, because the daily mail have authority as a national newspaper.
  • HeathenerHeathener Posts: 7,077
    edited March 2022
    It is beginning to look possible that Sinn Fein will win most seats on May 5th, meaning the first ever Sinn Fein First Minister of Northern Ireland. I was lampooned by a couple of people for suggesting this might happen but it's now a real possibility.

You can get 2/1 on a Irish unification before 01/01/24 with Betfair which I'm probably not tempted by as it's too soon (I think) but the chances of it happening in our lifetimes are immeasurably closer. I was told that this was no big deal. Well it is a big deal. A seismic shift in United Kingdom politics. The seeds of this go back a long way but there's no doubt that Boris Johnson's sell out of Northern Ireland provides the immediate catalyst. He sacrificed the union for his own political aspirations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/03/26/boris-johnson-urged-trigger-article-16-expert-warns-irish-nationalists/

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/03/14/news/-big-shift-election-could-have-major-ramifications-for-stormont-and-constitutional-question-says-nicholas-whyte-2613702/
    darkage said:

Farooq said:

Scottish pupils will be taught the Loch Ness monster is anti-Scottish because its legend was a creation of the British class system that portrayed Scotland as 'primitive'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10655551/Scottish-pupils-taught-Loch-Ness-Monster-symbol-Englands-domination-Scotland.html

That's a pretty interesting discussion point. Should be a stimulating set of lessons. Hats off to them, I think it's quite good despite the Mail's hostile writeup on it.

EDIT: I had the word "pretty" in there three times, duplicates removed now

The daily mail are just shit stirring..
    As always these days
    edited March 2022

Good morning, everyone.

Slept badly, yet again,.

Sorry to hear that. Do you know why?

I've taken to limiting my News intake to first thing in the morning then I discipline myself not to see any news for the rest of the day. Then I only watch benign programmes in the wind-down to bedtime. It's helping keep external stress at bay. Not sure if any of that helps?
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,524
    edited March 2022
    Betting Post

F1: contemplated a lot of potential bets, but in the end went for Alpine to double score at 1.83.

https://enormo-haddock.blogspot.com/2022/03/saudi-arabia-pre-race-2022.html

Edited extra bit: Ms. Heathener, thanks, but it's a combination of my traditional insomnia pastime exacerbated by bug bites. Probably last a few more days then ease off.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,761
    ping said:

I just lost an hour.

It disappeared.

I want it back!

You can have it back in October.
    NEW THREAD by the way
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910
    BigRich said:

Not now, Gruinard.

is that the one with the nick name Anthrax island?

do Anthrax and fire mix well?
    Not for the anthrax, no. Extreme heat kills most bugs.
This discussion has been closed.