Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Let’s get this right. CON won GE2019 because of Corbyn not Johnson – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,693
edited January 2022 in General
imageLet’s get this right. CON won GE2019 because of Corbyn not Johnson – politicalbetting.com

They were elected because of Corbyn.Johnson had negative ratings, it's just that Corbyn's were subterranean.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,193
    First
  • Options
    Second, like the rate Arsenal football club are.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Reliable sources have told me, much much worse about the Downing Street parties and Boris Johnson's wider conduct during lockdown will come out.

That explains Boris Johnson's demeanour today.

Douglas Ross called it right.

What did he do, serve pineapple pizza at one of the parties?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,526
    edited January 2022
    Betting markets I'd like to see, will Boris Johnson still be an MP on 31/12/2022?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Reliable sources have told me, much much worse about the Downing Street parties and Boris Johnson's wider conduct during lockdown will come out.

Held a Christmas Party on Christmas Eve and Die Hard was the film they watched.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146

Yepp. Ross has increased immensely in stature. Where on earth is Sarwar?! He is throwing away his golden opportunity.
  • Options

Such a tease....
  • Options

I wonder if Cummings will even need to use all he's got.
  • Options

Betting markets I'd like to see, will Boris Johnson still be an MP on 31/12/2022?

Will Boris Johnson have any job whatsoever on 31/12/2022

After being fired from several high-profile jobs for mendacity, who in their right mind will entrust him with responsibility again?

He might get a job delivering pineapple-topped pizzas, but I’m certain he’d find a way of losing that assignment too.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2022
    I said before, the stories so far of these parties seem quite tame as in got pissed, and one occasion they were in the garden singing along to music and pissing about on a swing....If you have a culture of people getting smashed every Friday, treating it like uni freshers week, I fully expected to hear at very least people having been caught shagging and doing drugs.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited January 2022

RobD said:

They had Radiohead come and play live.....
    I've heard before from disappointed younger relatives about how dreadful they are as live musicians, which seems a shame.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,007

Nope, he will be leaving at the first opportunity - little point staying him staying when I don't think he has ever enjoyed Parliament that much.
  • Options

Well, we've still haven't heard the details of the party Lady MacbethCarrie Antoinette and Boris gave to celebrate Dom's defenestration, nor of the Chequers jaunt. And those are just the known unknowns.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,720

After being fired from several high-profile jobs for mendacity, who in their right mind will entrust him with responsibility again?

He might get a job delivering pineapple-topped pizzas, but I’m certain he’d find a way of losing that assignment too.
    He's never going to be logging on to his UC journal to check his monthly benefit, that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Such a tease....
    I wasn't told the details, just that it is happened.

I think the party the night before the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral was probably optically the worse for him, the sheer number of other breaches is what will end him.

That said, the I didn't the know the rules defence he has employed might be worse optically now.

I was also sent this.

The thing with that one, it clearly was the most out of control reported so far, but it does seem like that is one where he definitely wasn't anywhere near it.

That doesn't excuse all the other stuff and clearly the environment that was fostered, but that particular one, it does seem like others just took the opportunity that the Big Dog wasn't there as if their parents had gone away for the weekend and "things just got out of hand, when a load of people leaked it on Facebook"....
  • Options
    FPT, if Mourinho relegates Everton I think I might actually die.

Jose Mourinho is under consideration to become the next Everton manager.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1483511038557532165
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,720

Need? Probably not. That won't stop him though.
  • Options
    Intriguing tweet from Christopher Hope, Torygraph journo:

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1483515583270461454
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Need? Probably not. That won't stop him though.
    Yes, he does tend to be a bit unbalanced in that sense. On the other hand, he could very much easily describe it as being in the public interest, though.
  • Options

Such a tease....

I think the party the night before the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral was probably optically the worse for him, the sheer number of other breaches is what will end him.

That said, the I didn't the know the rules defence he has employed might be worse optically now.

I was also sent this.

The thing with that one, it clearly was the most out of control reported so far, but it does seem like that is one where he definitely wasn't anywhere near it.

That doesn't excuse all the other stuff and clearly the environment that was fostered, but that particular one, it does seem like others just took the opportunity that the Big Dog wasn't there as if their parents had gone away for the weekend and "things just got out of hand, when a load of people leaked it on Facebook"....
    It's the lies and hypocrisy.

If he had said 'yes there were events, we working 18 hour days trying to defeat the pandemic, most of us had Covid-19 by that point, we wound down after stressful day, it shouldn't have happened and I apologise', people wouldn't have been so angry I expect.
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379

Such a tease....

If the parties carried on, though, that would be evidence that he genuinely didn't think he was doing anything wrong, making it less likely that he lied to parliament.

Not that it would save him...
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,277
    Theo Bertram
    @theobertram
    ·
    1h
    Johnson's 'defence':
    - my former chief adviser is a liar
    - my current advisers are drunks & incompetent
    - I cannot tell the difference between a party & work
    - I was completely unaware of covid rules I introduced
    - please implicitly believe me

https://twitter.com/theobertram/status/1483493343606808584
  • Options

Bozo to one of his wives:

"Nobody told me that I was committing adultery."

Postcode rule.
  • Options

Bozo to one of his wives:

"Nobody told me that I was committing adultery."

My PPS told me they were IT lessons.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Such a tease....

I was also sent this.

It's the lies and hypocrisy.

If he had said 'yes there were events, we working 18 hour days trying to defeat the pandemic, most of us had Covid-19 by that point, we wound down after stressful day, it shouldn't have happened and I apologise', people wouldn't have been so angry I expect.
    I honestly don't think he would have got away with just apologising. If it had been a single instance especially that Christmas quiz or the garden party photo, that would have been the best approach. As I don't think many people see those as "parties" in the traditional sense. It looks bad, but it doesn't look like a massive knees up.

The problem for Boris is he has clearly been going round encouraging people to do this and a regular occasion. I am not sure I apologise for knowing have people break the rules every Friday throughout the pandemic is going to wash whatever he did.
  • Options

Perhaps he wont even last until PMQs.
  • Options

He's never going to be logging on to his UC journal to check his monthly benefit, that's for sure.
    He’ll disappear, until two decades hence some PBer will catch him shuffling along the Lidl aisle in his slippers, muttering something incoherent about Have I Got News For You, wallpaper and fucking offspring.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886

If you were a vindictive psychopath with nothing to focus on outside of a personal vendetta, you'd really aim to drop a big story about BJ in the papers tonight, or before PMQs tomorrow.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,855

Carnyx said:

Omnium said:

FPT

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

BBC

EU fears it is closer to war than ever since the break-up of ex Yugoslavia

This is becoming very serious and real

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/1483168325538570248?t=BfsDeErSEdxW-p6Z5Y7fWg&s=19

How does the EU go to war in the Ukraine without Germany, exactly? Are they going to rely on the French?
    That's not what the article says. The EU says Europe is closer to war, etc.

Nobody is going to war in Ukraine except Russia. Even the normally demented tory couch commandos on here don't want British forces involved.
    And yet a small contingent of UK troops are there. Is this wise?
    If anything, letting Russia regain Ukraine by force with no consequence seems to me to be repeating the mistakes of the past…

“If we let them have this they’ll give up with any further demands”. Yeah, right
    Spot on. If I were the UKPM, and Ukraine asked for help, I'd give it. Troops, equipment, bombs, planes. Anything. We need to contain Putin's aggression.
    The UK has had C-17s shuttling back and forth between Kiev with anti-tank weapons since yesterday.
    I just hope they're paying for them.
    The projectile-anti-squid-tank-apparatus is the finest in the world. Twelve men, a week, and it's ready to shoot entirely ineffectively at any tank within 100 paces. So fearsome in fact that the first offence use is generally regarded as knocking on the tanks door and asking if they'd like to surrender.

The brave Generals of our armed services (nameless as well as nearly countless) have lunched night and day to deliver this. Only a few billion over budget, and we only have two rather than the 450 that had been envisaged.
    The speculation is that the weapons in question are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT_LAW

There are claims that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin has either been supplied, won't be supplied, or will be supplied.
    But the Russian tanks are absolutely covered with explosive blocks to defeat those things. Unless there is something I don't know? They do have top attack mode, but that'd only get the engine decks.
    Serendipitously this popped up on my twitter as a reminder of British or at least Commonwealth AT capabilities. 9 tanks picked of by a 2 pounder, how rubbish were Japanese tanks? That's a round less than 2/3 the size of the one that chap put up his bottom.

https://twitter.com/rgpoulussen/status/1483340460563308549?s=20
    FPT The 2 pdr OQF was very much a 1930s cutting edge antitank gun - high velocity, comparable to the German 3,7cm. The Japanese medium tanks were basically the same generation, so susceptible to it, like early Panzers. As far as they were concerned, the armour/gun race hadn't really begun.

In any case I think those particular tanks were light tanks (hard to tell from the screenshot, but some do seem to be) which basically only kept out rifle calibre machine guns anyway.

• Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,862
    This is wonderful stuff, but they need to get a move on.

Boris needs to go before any Russian invasion attempt. If nothing else, he’s so thoroughly feckless he’s a national security threat.

Imagine how ashamed you’d be if you voted for this arsehole?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,193

FPT, if Mourinho relegates Everton I think I might actually die.

Jose Mourinho is under consideration to become the next Everton manager.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1483511038557532165

Their last game is away to Arsenal. We wouldn’t run it in....very much....
  • Options
    On topic, I don’t really believe the retrospective polling. Boris = Brexit = Boris.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Listening to All Things Must Pass

The Beatles were the most effective talent-stifling operation in musical history, and the brighter ones knew it. if I pointed out that most of Abbey Road was catchpenny granny music I'd get grief. But that's what Lennon thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Chameleon said:

If you were a vindictive psychopath with nothing to focus on outside of a personal vendetta, you'd really aim to drop a big story about BJ in the papers tonight, or before PMQs tomorrow.
    I'm not quite clear on what all these rumours mentioning the Whips mean. Another report said some may have turned, presumably to the removals side.
  • Options

Looks like he need to get down to some bar or club and see if he can pick up COVID before tomorrow PMQs.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892

Such a tease....

I was also sent this.

Isn't this what is known as a 'cut throat defence?'. Dominic is great value. I'm surprised the BBC don't give him a go at HIGNFY. They're second to no one at uncovering talent. Any other station wanting to learn how it's done should look at their treatment of Johnson and Dorries. It's cruel!
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,166

HYUFD will literally be the last person in Britain defending him by tomorrow.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,243

On topic, I don’t really believe the retrospective polling. Boris = Brexit = Boris.

Yes, Brexit played a big part in it.
  • Options

He’ll disappear, until two decades hence some PBer will catch him shuffling along the Lidl aisle in his slippers, muttering something incoherent about Have I Got News For You, wallpaper and fucking offspring.
    As somebody else said, he will be off to the States or Australia to do funny speeches. Especially the US, they love a good redemption story, see Tiger Woods.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,642

Great to hear MattW’s news.

Thanks.

NHS here - Newark and Sherwood - have been really excellent throughout.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

“Personal vendetta”? Huh?

The man prorogued parliament, lied to HM, lied to parliament, has presided over a long list of horrific errors. He deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,243

Was today's interview Operation Dog's Breakfast?

Very good
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,839

Kabooooooommmmmmm!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Disappointing lack of Downfall memes.
    This is actually worse than the end of May. At least she had a small, but loyal, praetorian guard.

Not even sure if Carrie “supports” Boris at this stage.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Toast.
  • Options

Chameleon said:

The man prorogued parliament, lied to HM, lied to parliament, has presided over a long list of horrific errors. He deserves everything he gets.
    Strong point except the whole proroguing parliament thang was the vindictive psychopath's idea in the first place
  • Options

As somebody else said, he will be off to the States or Australia to do funny speeches. Especially the US, they love a good redemption story, see Tiger Woods.
    Not convinced.

I think that this might, quite literally, drive him mad.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Chameleon said:

That can all be very much true, and the information still very much needed, and it still be a personal vendetta, ofcourse. I don't remember anything quite like this scene, ever, in British politics, but Shakespeare's plays are full of it.

Anyone who denies the striking fascination of it all isn't being completely honest with themselves, I think.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    edited January 2022
    What's the difference between Boris Johnson and a reluctant Turkish conscript?

Reluctant Turkish conscripts show pleasure at being comprehensively buggered live on air.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,642

Is it a potential bombshell if any of the contenders have misbehaved under Covid rules?
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Omnium said:

FPT

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

BBC

EU fears it is closer to war than ever since the break-up of ex Yugoslavia

This is becoming very serious and real

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/1483168325538570248?t=BfsDeErSEdxW-p6Z5Y7fWg&s=19

How does the EU go to war in the Ukraine without Germany, exactly? Are they going to rely on the French?
    That's not what the article says. The EU says Europe is closer to war, etc.

Nobody is going to war in Ukraine except Russia. Even the normally demented tory couch commandos on here don't want British forces involved.
    And yet a small contingent of UK troops are there. Is this wise?
    If anything, letting Russia regain Ukraine by force with no consequence seems to me to be repeating the mistakes of the past…

“If we let them have this they’ll give up with any further demands”. Yeah, right
    Spot on. If I were the UKPM, and Ukraine asked for help, I'd give it. Troops, equipment, bombs, planes. Anything. We need to contain Putin's aggression.
    The UK has had C-17s shuttling back and forth between Kiev with anti-tank weapons since yesterday.
    I just hope they're paying for them.
    The projectile-anti-squid-tank-apparatus is the finest in the world. Twelve men, a week, and it's ready to shoot entirely ineffectively at any tank within 100 paces. So fearsome in fact that the first offence use is generally regarded as knocking on the tanks door and asking if they'd like to surrender.

The brave Generals of our armed services (nameless as well as nearly countless) have lunched night and day to deliver this. Only a few billion over budget, and we only have two rather than the 450 that had been envisaged.
    The speculation is that the weapons in question are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT_LAW

There are claims that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin has either been supplied, won't be supplied, or will be supplied.
    But the Russian tanks are absolutely covered with explosive blocks to defeat those things. Unless there is something I don't know? They do have top attack mode, but that'd only get the engine decks.
    Serendipitously this popped up on my twitter as a reminder of British or at least Commonwealth AT capabilities. 9 tanks picked of by a 2 pounder, how rubbish were Japanese tanks? That's a round less than 2/3 the size of the one that chap put up his bottom.

https://twitter.com/rgpoulussen/status/1483340460563308549?s=20
    FPT The 2 pdr OQF was very much a 1930s cutting edge antitank gun - high velocity, comparable to the German 3,7cm. The Japanese medium tanks were basically the same generation, so susceptible to it, like early Panzers. As far as they were concerned, the armour/gun race hadn't really begun.

In any case I think those particular tanks were light tanks (hard to tell from the screenshot, but some do seem to be) which basically only kept out rifle calibre machine guns anyway.

Type 95s I think so vulnerable to a lot of things.
    Yep, anti tank development saw a massive acceleration during WWII like so many other areas.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I thought Boris had drafted in Crosby....I didn't know I was breaking the rules I created...whoever came up with today's defence should never work in PR again.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Toast.
    Yeah praps, but he is anyway. There were very well sourced indications of nasties in last Sunday papers which came to niente. This tweet sounds a bit like those damp squib You'll never guess what our next VI polls say, stay tuned tweets that one sees
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379

Boris needs to go before any Russian invasion attempt. If nothing else, he’s so thoroughly feckless he’s a national security threat.

Still relieved I didn't vote for Jeremy Corbyn.
  • Options
    "Nobody told me"

Will be written on Johnson's gravestone.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    27m
    Today has been pretty hectic.

We thought there was a lull in support ebbing away from the PM (and that MPs would wait for Sue Gray’s report) but things seem to have sped up.

https://twitter.com/kitty_donaldson/status/1483514669084073984

Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    28m
    Replying to
    @kitty_donaldson
    FWIW I don’t think we’re anywhere near 54 letters and there is some v excitable briefing going on but the clip done earlier today by @BethRigby seems to have unleashed something
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Not convinced.

I think that this might, quite literally, drive him mad.
    He has been sacked before, he is shameless. Also, I am sure initially he might rue all that went wrong meaning his long held ambition to PM didn't last long. But a) he clearly can't do the job, b) he knows he can't do the job, he never looks like he is ever enjoying it and c) living in the US, in the nice weather, earning millions giving speeches to people who all laugh at his jokes, stroke his ego and don't ask any awkward questions. That's a massive upgrade for somebody who likes the easy life.
  • Options
    MattW said:

Great to hear MattW’s news.

Thanks.

NHS here - Newark and Sherwood - have been really excellent throughout.
    Simply fantastic news.
  • Options
    Applicant said:

The decision to tear up my ballot paper merely improves with hindsight.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

Disappointing lack of Downfall memes.
    This is actually worse than the end of May. At least she had a small, but loyal, praetorian guard.

Not even sure if Carrie “supports” Boris at this stage.

There are lots of backbenchers staying loyal in the hope of a short ministerial appointment if resignations start.
  • Options
    Applicant said:

Me neither!
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,291
    Spot on Mike. Absolutely spot on.

Meanwhile, this is starting to enter laughing stock territory. I'm not a frequenter of twitter per se but the leading trend in the UK at the moment is #Nobodytoldme

Some of the posts are very funny
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

What's the difference between Boris Johnson and a reluctant Turkish conscript?

Reluctant Turkish conscripts show pleasure at being comprehensively buggered live on air.

I think we need to work on the whole "reluctant" concept.

Also, what is this "pleasure" thing? When I sodomise an Anatolian, the result is Turkish delight.
  • Options

Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    27m

We thought there was a lull in support ebbing away from the PM (and that MPs would wait for Sue Gray’s report) but things seem to have sped up.

Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    28m
    Replying to
    @kitty_donaldson
    FWIW I don’t think we’re anywhere near 54 letters and there is some v excitable briefing going on but the clip done earlier today by @BethRigby seems to have unleashed something

Another interesting point below that tweet - if it was work, there should have been a Covid risk assessment done for it. As you had to with everything Covid related when meeting in person.

If that wasn't done, it's a potential breach of the regs anyway.
  • Options
    I bet Boris wishes he had taken the its long COVID, I have never managed to fully recover "out" during the summer.....
  • Options

If you had asked me what would have caused Boris Johnson's premiership ending after 30 months because of scandal, I would have assumed it was due to a Profumo style sex scandal.

Never would have thought it would have been a non sex thing.

Let alone - lying about a small mid-week work drinks do in No 10 Downing Street.

One thing Covid has done is create some generally weird stories that no-one in December 2019 would have believed possible.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,291
    edited January 2022

If you had asked me what would have caused Boris Johnson's premiership ending after 30 months because of scandal, I would have assumed it was due to a Profumo style sex scandal.

Except that two of the fault lines which run through Boris Johnson are promiscuity and lying.

If the former didn't get him, the latter has.

p.s. well actually it's a bit more than just lying. That comes on top of chaotic incompetence, total disregard for loyalty, and being bone idle.

Re-read the Eton Master's report and it was all there written in the stars. If only we had all paid attention.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,216
    edited January 2022

Who says Dom isn't saving some sex stuff for the coup de grâce?

Bums up kneeling in the No10 shrubbery..
  • Options

Certainly you wouldn't have assumed his wife would be present!
  • Options
    eek said:

Let alone - lying about a small mid-week work drinks do in No 10 Downing Street.

One thing Covid has done is create some generally weird stories that no-one in December 2019 would have believed possible.
    I’m reality, the “small mid-week work drink” was the last straw after what seems like a concerted campaign of mendacity.

Boris has spent the last two years (some of it with Cummings) gaslighting the British public, and they’ve decided they won’t overlook it anymore.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    In a way, Boris has been done for cheating....just not on his wife, stuck at home with the kids, while he is shagging the intern....instead on all of us, stuck at home with the kids....
  • Options

Tee-hee!
  • Options
    I still stand by this.

I'm going to throw this out there.

Boris & Carrie Johnson were married in May 2021, when there were restrictions in place on wedding/party sizes.

Given what we know, are they like to have restriction complying parties in the run up to the wedding and afterwards?

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1481919877891997698
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

You haven't discounted sex parties have you?
  • Options
    Heathener said:

Except that two of the fault lines which run through Boris Johnson are promiscuity and lying.

If the former didn't get him, the latter has.

p.s. well actually it's a bit more than just lying. That comes on top of chaotic incompetence, total disregard for loyalty, and being bone idle.

Re-read the Eton Master's report and it was all there written in the stars. If only we had all paid attention.
    We did!

Even the late lamented @Charles warned us he was a “very bad man”.

But the Brexit lust was too great.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    27m

Kitty Donaldson
    @kitty_donaldson
    ·
    28m
    Replying to
    @kitty_donaldson

Another interesting point below that tweet - if it was work, there should have been a Covid risk assessment done for it. As you had to with everything Covid related when meeting in person.

If that wasn't done, it's a potential breach of the regs anyway.
    But nobody told me that.

What gets me is, there's that letter that's been floating around for ever from Eton to his dad saying that he is a conceited self regarding cunt, but after that they made him head boy*. WTAF is that about? If he thought he could do whatever TF he liked with impunity, and until a couple of days ago he did, you can see why he thought it.

* Head boy is a profoundly middle class concept. Captain of Agars or some such is the Eton equiv.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I still stand by this.

Boris & Carrie Johnson were married in May 2021, when there were restrictions in place on wedding/party sizes.

Given what we know, are they like to have restriction complying parties in the run up to the wedding and afterwards?

The whole marriage thing was really weird. They put it off and off and off, and then married.
  • Options
    I wonder if Boris has continued taking violin lessons during lockdown(s).
  • Options

I wonder if Boris has continued taking violin lessons during lockdown(s).

Nah, lockdown has restricted his fiddling.
  • Options

I still stand by this.

The whole marriage thing was really weird. They put it off and off and off, and then married.
    The safest heuristic is that Boris fucked up somehow and marriage was the only option remaining.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,270
    ydoethur said:

Applicant said:

That means you can't stake your claim to have voted for the worst Prime Minister since Lord Nor.........ever.
  • Options
    Evening all! First big customer presentation in 2 years went well, much good happening with work and I'm about to have a parmo (in Manchester...) to celebrate.

Has the pillock resigned yet?
  • Options
    Love this thread header. Absolutely spot on in my (admittedly very biased) opinion
  • Options
    Alistair said:

You haven't discounted sex parties have you?
    I have.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Applicant said:

That means you can't stake your claim to have voted for the worst Prime Minister since Lord Nor.........ever.
    Extraordinary though this may seem:

He's still not as bad as Lord Goderich.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,817

Who says Dom isn't saving some sex stuff for the coup de grâce?

Bums up kneeling in the No10 shrubbery..
    Would explain how he didn't realise a party was going on.

Doesn't explain the 25 minutes.
  • Options

Evening all! First big customer presentation in 2 years went well, much good happening with work and I'm about to have a parmo (in Manchester...) to celebrate.

Has the pillock resigned yet?

The Parmo is a Protected geographical name - they shouldn't exist outside Teesside.
  • Options
    Johnson also won the London Mayoralty because of Red Ken, not because of, er, Johnson.
This discussion has been closed.