Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Populus back to “normal” following Friday’s shock LAB 11pc

13»

Comments

• Options

Cheers, Mr. Eagles.

I maybe wrong.

Why are you using French?

It is the language of the French.

Why don't use the language of champions such as English, Latin, Greek or Urdu?
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    .https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/364444648237838336/photo/1

michaelsavage Michael Savage 28s
    Looks like a colossal (and as yet un-costed) expansion of free childcare is heading for the Lib Dem manifesto... pic.twitter.com/ki2cfK3xFF
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,639
    edited August 2013
    fitalass said:

For Dr Who Fans, and for Scots with a sense of humour. :)
    Twitter
    Better Together ‏@UK_Together 4h
    A bit of fun sent to us by a supporter this morning. Made us laugh in the office. #indyref pic.twitter.com/HzsR9qEuEN

Very good.

Can someone now work out how many posts on PB are about Scotland and can we get that down to 8% of the total pls.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,267
    TGOHF said:

taffys said:

George Osborne says that stay at home mothers have 'made a lifestyle choice'

hmmmmmmm........

Haven't they ?
    Just as the going to work ones have, why should I be lumbered with the bill to have them working and making cash, pay their own bl**dy childcare or don't have them.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,056
    The Felarians use French, Mr. Eagles.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    What's with tim today?

Is he maintaining 'twitter silence' in sympathy with victims of online abuse?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    AveryLP said:

What's with tim today?

He's working a zero hours contract.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    TGOHF said:

AveryLP said:

What's with tim today?

I see Hortence is out hand-bagging.

What a carry on!

• Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,036
    @AndreaParma_82

I wonder who was the last Scotsman to hold that post?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Oh dear god, I hadn't realised that Ed Miliband had moved Kerry McCarthy MP into the Shadow Foreign Office team. This is the Labour MP who once displayed a scary lack of awareness or tact when she tweeted from Beirut Airport about how boring it was at 2am in the morning!

Twitter
    Labour Press Team ‏@labourpress 13m
    From earlier, Labour's Shadow Foreign Office Minister @KerryMP on Gibraltar: Kerry McCarthy MP, Labour’s (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rloq34
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

TGOHF said:

AveryLP said:

What's with tim today?

I see Hortence is out hand-bagging.

What a carry on!

Matron! Take her away!
  • Options
    RT @politicshome: UKIP leader @Nigel_Farage tells #c4news "half the country would call Enoch Powell visionary"
  • Options
    Cathy Newman @cathynewman
    So it's OK for former National Front members to stand for UKIP as long as it was a while ago, @Nigel_Farage tells me
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,056
    Miss Plato, don't Labour have some ex-Communists in their ranks?

• Options

I think every party has all sorts - Eric Pickles was once a Commie IIRC!
  • Options

Morris, I'm in the market for some Kindle fantasy, should I pay Amazon 64p for Bane, or is there a different way you want me to purchase?

• Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    @Plato I heard Pickles on Desert Island Discs - said he was brought up in a left-wing family but went Tory in his teens.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    The "Disappearance of Charlene Downes" article got 2,979 views whilst link to on the front page of Wikipedia.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,611
    edited August 2013
    fitalass said:

Oh dear god, I hadn't realised that Ed Miliband had moved Kerry McCarthy MP into the Shadow Foreign Office team. This is the Labour MP who once displayed a scary lack of awareness or tact when she tweeted from Beirut Airport about how boring it was at 2am in the morning!

Twitter
    Labour Press Team ‏@labourpress 13m
    From earlier, Labour's Shadow Foreign Office Minister @KerryMP on Gibraltar: Kerry McCarthy MP, Labour’s (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rloq34

Twit Longer? People in public life seriously tweet (I think that is the verb) on Twit Longer? Bizarre.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Matron! Take her away!

If you haven't worked out who "Hortence" is yet, I'll give you a clue. It's not a "her", to start with.

• Options
    I haven't seen a link to SeanT's latest contribution to the Telegraph today. Apologies if I have missed it. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/seanthomas/100229699/how-to-create-peace-in-the-middle-east-by-the-man-who-brought-you-iraq/

Contains a truly great photo of Tone. Also this:

"Maybe this is the beginning of a series of counter-intuitive Observer articles. Next week: advice from the late Jimmy Savile on Keeping Your Kids Entertained in the Holidays; Sir Genghis Khan OBE on “building new infrastructure in central Asia”; and a health column written by a plague rat."

He has an excellent turn of phrase but how long until the Telegraph gets nervous?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Matron! Take her away!

If you haven't worked out who "Hortence" is yet, I'll give you a clue. It's not a "her", to start with.

I thought she was played by Patsy Rowlands - Carry On at Your Convenience?
  • Options
    @DavidL

One of my favourite posters at the DT has added his 2p. I almost get a headache trying to read it but it never fails to make me smile

leftythinker Today 11:46 AM

wat am yuo talcing about? tony blare were never prim minster and gorden broown wasn't never chanseller.

britten did not hav a goverment betwene 1997 - 201 adn teh war in iracq and teh economicinal collps weres teh fualt of teh toryies.

if laber had bene in charg everythign wud be betterer and fairer now. voat laber.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    @Plato mentioned you to Ben Page.
    Twitter
    Ben Page, Ipsos MORI ‏@benatipsosmori 4m
    Dear twitter - bit random but need advice on getting a Maine Coon cat. All advice and wise cracks gratefully received.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Wow! Looks like Lynton Crosby has taken over at Channel 4 News!!
  • Options
    @Plato

Today is starting to remind me of the demise of disqus.

Your quote reminds me of the book Feersum Endjinn by the late, great Iain M Banks which was also very hard to read for about 20 pages until you got in the swing of it.
  • Options
    I had that problem with Gone with the Wind - I found myself mouthing the dialogue at times to work out what the character was saying.
    DavidL said:

@Plato

Your quote reminds me of the book Feersum Endjinn by the late, great Iain M Banks which was also very hard to read for about 20 pages until you got in the swing of it.

• Options
    Plato said:

I had that problem with Gone with the Wind - I found myself mouthing the dialogue at times to work out what the character was saying.

DavidL said:

@Plato

That was exactly the effect of the Banks book. As it was all phonetic you pretty much had to read it out loud to make sense of it which had an odd effect on your relationship with the book. Speed reading was not an option.

• Options
    Iain @Iain_33
    Populus online poll: Con 33% Lab 38% LD 13% UKIP 9% Other 7%
  • Options
    Plato said:

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

:)
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,997
    @Eagle

"Why are you using French?"

One of Woody Allen's best lines.....

Woody and Diane Keaton making love.......

Keaton; "Tell me you love me....say it in French"

Allen "I don't speak French. I can say it in Hebrew"
  • Options
    Nighthawks is now open
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,056
    Mike, the comments have gone into a timewarp.
  • Options
    What's happening? Where have the threads gone? I was just winning an argument with Mark Senior.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Is this a gremlin or wtf?
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    We just got 2 days back - go cameron!
This discussion has been closed.