Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Just one by-election tonight – a Labour defence in Wales

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited September 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Just one by-election tonight – a Labour defence in Wales

Bedwas, Trethomas and Machen on Caerphilly (Lab defence)
Result of council at last election (2012): Labour 50, Plaid Cymru 20, Independent 3 (Labour majority of 27)
Result of ward at last election (2012):

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited September 2015
    First?

I do like Harry's attempt to liven this one up, but I will go for "Labour hold" tonight, I think. I will stifle my yawn though.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @DPJHodges: Did Andy Burnham seriously just say Labour should let Chilcott influence its position on Syria.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Thanks Harry, as always.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    saddened said:
    » show previous quotes
    Don't be embarrassed you can admit, that not for the first time, you made yourself look like a complete dick. You didn't think about what you posted you just thought it was a good dig at those foreigners. You pathetic individual.
    --------------------------------------------
    All I said that with their smartphones and cash to run them, shows that these so called migrants are not refugees. You may love them, Saddened, so take them to your bosom or better still your house, and see how much you'll love then then. Stop acting like a spoilt child.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    edited September 2015
    Adam Boulton sticking it to Jezza talking about uni-disarmament to the Communist Party. He waffled his answer and Boulton pwned him.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370
    Scott_P said:

@DPJHodges: Did Andy Burnham seriously just say Labour should let Chilcott influence its position on Syria.

How would we know what Chilcott's position on Syria was before 2030?
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes
    Don't be embarrassed you can admit, that not for the first time, you made yourself look like a complete dick. You didn't think about what you posted you just thought it was a good dig at those foreigners. You pathetic individual.
    All I said that with their smartphones and cash to run them, shows that these so called migrants are not refugees. You may love them, Saddened, so take them to your bosom or better still your house, and see how much you'll love then then. Stop acting like a spoilt child.

You. Don't. Need. Cash. To. Run. Them. You moron, that is the point. If you thought for one moment rather than letting your, all to obvious, prejudices overrule your faculties, you would understand.
  • Options
    Unless I'm getting this wrong ABC are against Jezza and his CNDism. Kendall pretty good using two of her dead constituents [Tunisia]
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,981
    I'm trying to follow the advice and not go 'yawn, labour hold', but it's hard looking at the current numbers, for all locals can turn quickly sometimes. Well down the people there for keeping them honest at least, with these periods of lost control.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Smartphones so no such thing. They fit in your pocket. If some disaster struck the UK and I needed to flee with my family for our lives with only whatever we could carry on our backs then one thing I'd definitely take with is my phone.

Wouldn't you? Would you leave your phone at home?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

And the idea no one in a desperate situation can afford to keep a smartphone remains as silly as ever. Of all the relics of a former life, it's one of the easiest to keep hold of and maintain for not that much.
  • Options
    To be fair, it's an understandable POV. Smartphones cost £300+ without contracts. If they're status symbols like trainers - that's just spending decisions which may seem very odd to many here.
    saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

You. Don't. Need. Cash. To. Run. Them. You moron, that is the point. If you thought for one moment rather than letting your, all to obvious, prejudices overrule your faculties, you would understand.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    Cooper is surely the worst performer tonight.

Possibly even worse than Kendall
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370
    England have lost this. Got completely stuck.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Plato said:

To be fair, it's an understandable POV. Smartphones cost £300+ without contracts. If they're status symbols like trainers - that's just spending decisions which may seem very odd to many here.

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

It isn't understandable, these people were leading normal lives until it all kicked off. They weren't all dirt poor all their lives, they've undergone a massive upheaval, taking what useful stuff they can carry with them.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

And the idea no one in a desperate situation can afford to keep a smartphone remains as silly as ever. Of all the relics of a former life, it's one of the easiest to keep hold of and maintain for not that much.
    I should add that I've been banging on about distinguishing between economic migrants and refugees as well, but the presence of a smartphone doesn't act as a clear signal someone is one or the other given their ubiquity.
  • Options
    Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

No they don't. You can pick up a cheap smartphone SIM free for £30
  • Options
    Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

No they don't cost over £300 that's just totally untrue. Nor are they status symbols, in the 21st century they're regarded as an essential like electricity, water or gas.

I'm sure a few decades ago that was different but get with the times.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060
    Those Jews fleeing Nazi Germany aren't refugees! That woman has a neckless!

• Options
    Kendall was very good, coherent and passionate when given her 5 mins of question posing. Quite fearless.

My faith in her is restored.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,311
    Cooper is giving Cameron (and any future Con PM) some fantastic quotes to use if Corbyn is Lab leader at the next GE.
  • Options

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

You can pick them up even cheaper than that in the third world. I believe more Indians have a smartphone than a flushable toilet. Its cheaper to get a smartphone than it is to get sanitation.
  • Options
    Off topic looks like the GOP have a new cause célèbre in Kim Davis for their culture wars.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    MikeL said:

Cooper is giving Cameron (and any future Con PM) some fantastic quotes to use if Corbyn is Lab leader at the next GE.

Talking Balls
  • Options
    So I wasted £300 buying a new one here?

OT I was clearing out my old email and reminded about Seb - how he's doing?

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

• Options

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

You can pick them up even cheaper than that in the third world. I believe more Indians have a smartphone than a flushable toilet. Its cheaper to get a smartphone than it is to get sanitation.
    Easier to get a smartphone than a government in Somalia.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927
    To give credit where it's due, I think that Cameron is combining humanity with realism, with this proposal, as well as providing support to the Syria Fund.
  • Options
    Plato said:

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Define waste. If you wanted the cheapest one possible then yes.
  • Options
    Just listening to Yvette Cooper take on Jeremy Corbyn re printing money it is the best I have seen of Cooper and the obvious Corbyn bias in the audience just makes you despair, and I am not a labour supporter
  • Options
    She's come alive now it's almost all over.

A curious behaviour. Almost like she didn't want to win, until it was too late.

Just listening to Yvette Cooper take on Jeremy Corbyn re printing money it is the best I have seen of Cooper and the obvious Corbyn bias in the audience just makes you despair, and I am not a labour supporter

• Options

Obviously not - true Labour supporters are Corbyn backers!
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

I should add that I've been banging on about distinguishing between economic migrants and refugees as well, but the presence of a smartphone doesn't act as a clear signal someone is one or the other given their ubiquity.
    There have been some interesting studies done showing that the ubiquity of smartphones and falling tariffs have actually encouraged economic migrancy both within countries and transnationally, especially in the Third World.
    Also the sending back home of unrepresentative photos (e.g. posing with cars outside showrooms, etc) from those who have made it to Europe only encourages more to try...
  • Options

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Yup, my friend who works in the field of mobile banking said in many places in Asia and Africa smartphones have revolutionised things. They went from having have around 3% of the population having access to a branch to 60% having mobile banking thanks to smartphones despite them only having 3 branches in the country.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited September 2015
    Plato said:

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Depends what you want it for. My smartphone cost £699 last year and I consider that a bargain, though I'll be swapping it for a new one in a few weeks time for a similar price.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

There have been some interesting studies done showing that the ubiquity of smartphones and falling tariffs have actually encouraged economic migrancy both within countries and transnationally, especially in the Third World.
    Also the sending back home of unrepresentative photos (e.g. posing with cars outside showrooms, etc) from those who have made it to Europe only encourages more to try...
    Doesn't television exist anymore?
  • Options
    JEOJEO Posts: 3,656

Do you have a link?
  • Options
    Trying to show that you're a success in the New Land is totally understandable. And we end up with movies about it. Like The Guru who's friend is actually a taxi driver and not a millionaire.
    RodCrosby said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205

Yes, it was quite good from her. My dad and I thought Burnham was anonymous by contrast.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I remember a fascinating story from a now-deceased friend who fled Vienna as a boy with his family in 1939. They took all their expensive furniture with them, and the Nazi border officials were salivating over it. One of them declared "All my life, I've wanted furniture like this." "Please take it with my compliments" replied my friend's father, whereupon they were waived through.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

Although, ironically, obesity (or at least physical swelling) is a symptom of end-stage malnutrition.

Unless you meant "necklace", of course... ;)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,127
    tlg86 said:

Yes, it was quite good from her. My dad and I thought Burnham was anonymous by contrast.
    Though Burnham narrowly beat her in the end in the post debate Sky News Poll
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

RodCrosby said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Doesn't television exist anymore?
    Personal connections count for more, obviously.
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903
    edited September 2015
    OT
    The Avengers is on Ch 61 at the mo. It has Patrick Cargill at his inestimable sneering best with fellow villain Garfield Morgan - both identical and sinister in dark glasses. Just like the Agent Smiths in the Matrix. Who said everything is derivative?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Plato said:

I suspect that she didn't/doesn't.

But she's realised what's about to happen to Labour and wants to save her party's soul
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

Yup, my friend who works in the field of mobile banking said in many places in Asia and Africa smartphones have revolutionised things. They went from having have around 3% of the population having access to a branch to 60% having mobile banking thanks to smartphones despite them only having 3 branches in the country.
    That's quite correct. Payment systems as well. Mobile telephony is ideal for subsaharan Africa. Yes there are infrastructure costs but base stations rather than a copper wire network. Mobile reception in places like Zimbabwe is significantly better than the rest of Europe. The companies (at least the private ones) are very well run and very profitable. They are extraordinarily cash generative. Any bleating that having a phone means that someone is wealthy and cannot be running is a bigoted simpleton.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

If Labour end up with him as leader after all of this then the Tories will be laughing their heads off.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Godwin's law fulfilled twice in as many threads.
  • Options
    I'd suggest its akin to a death bed conversion. She doesn't want to be in charge and it's shown the whole way through. Now it's all gone to pot, she's done what most near death do and rallied.
    Charles said:

Plato said:

I suspect that she didn't/doesn't.

But she's realised what's about to happen to Labour and wants to save her party's soul
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

If Labour end up with him as leader after all of this then the Tories will be laughing their heads off.
    Think they will be laughing their heads off no matter who wins
  • Options
    England struggling in the South once again.

More Northern tests and one-dayers please.
  • Options

England struggling in the South once again.

More Northern tests and one-dayers please.

Never thought I'd agree things need to get more northern in anything, but seconded.
  • Options
    This capitulation by England is worse than Carthage in the Second Punic War
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Every poll so far has shown Burnham does best of the 4 with the public, so I would not be so sure about that. In fact a poll of Tory MPs had Burnham second most feared after Kendall
  • Options

This capitulation by England is worse than Carthage in the Second Punic War

Didn't that last more than 15 years? This seems a bit too sudden for that.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

They might not be laughing if Yvette wins. If Corbyn doesn't win his supporters will kick off, but Yvette seems like she could handle that. Burnham on the other hand....
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The only one that would concern me/make me listen is Kendall. Since she's in concrete shoes politically - the Tories have little to fret about.

Yvette did bugger all as a Shadow or CabMin - one of those people who you remember on Linked In, but for doing nothing.

• Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,818
    JEO said:

rcs1000 said:

Ah, the old law that the probability of Hitler and/or the Nazis being entioned in a long thread approaches 100%?

Well, yeah, with a genuinely evil force causing entire populations to flee or face death, it's a bit easier than usual, to be fair...
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    tlg86 said:

They might not be laughing if Yvette wins. If Corbyn doesn't win his supporters will kick off, but Yvette seems like she could handle that. Burnham on the other hand....

Sure they will, ALL the candidates are crap, even if only one of them is toxic. Yvette may the best of the bunch, but she's nothing for the Tories to fear.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

He wants that bunch of bumbling incompetents to influence the party's policy?

I suppose it makes sense. After all, Labour is about the only organisation at the moment that makes the good men and women of the Chilcott Inquiry appear competent ...
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Rubbish, the Tories should not fear Cooper at all, she polls poorly, stands for nothing, and would turn off leftwingers while doing very little to attract Tory floating voters either
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited September 2015

JEO said:

rcs1000 said:

Ah, the old law that the probability of Hitler and/or the Nazis being entioned in a long thread approaches 100%?

Well, yeah, with a genuinely evil force causing entire populations to flee or face death, it's a bit easier than usual, to be fair...
    I posted on another forum

"Of course we're going to see Hitler and Nazis mentioned more and more on threads, what with UKIP on the rise, people will rightly make those comparisons"

It was the equivalent of throwing laxatives into the monkey house and sitting back and enjoying the fun
  • Options

JEO said:

rcs1000 said:

I posted on another forum

"Of course we're going to see Hitler and Nazis mentioned more and more on threads, what with UKIP on the rise, people will rightly make those comparisons"
    I'm guessing it was...Etsy?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JohnRentoul: Joint article by @ChukaUmunna and Vince Cable on industrial policy @Indyvoices http://t.co/99pzVr4cRu
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    Corbyn giving out free money to everyone, what's not to like ?
  • Options

Plato said:

saddened said:

MikeK said:

saddened said:
    » show previous quotes

On another level and to mix up lots of metaphors, this is an example of the extending tendrils of human/social evolution in action. Our need for our use of this device is changing us into something else. We are mutating before our selfie eyes.

Or maybe not... it could be that technology is stunting evolution, leading us battery drained into a blind alley.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Jezza has some pretty spectacular neck veins.
  • Options
    Plato said:

(snip)

Yes and no. If you buy a phone in this country, then you should be buying an official one from the manufacturer, and are therefore paying for their profits (vast, if Apple), R&D costs, advertising, etc, etc.

Buy a smartphone in many third world countries and you are quite likely to get a knock-off of varying degree and quality. There is a massive business in China atm making these.

The 'good' companies copy designs of previous generations of phones (e.g. Apple iPhone 3, Samsung S4), which they can now make very cheaply as the tech has moved on (often parts are cheaper, as supplier factories have production lines empty as the big companies moved over to the latest and greatest).

The 'bad' companies try to copy the latest designs (so-called 'clones') using old tech and sometimes spit and glue (seriously), and sell them as the latest and greatest. Some are quite funny.

The 'best' Chinese companies try to compete with Apple, Samsung etc by going for niche markets with products only partially copied. They at least put some R&D effort in.

My phone's a Samsung S2. It does everything I need it to, despite the fact it is a very old design. It would also be fairly cheap to make nowadays.

E.g.: how about the $12 (retail) slightly smartphone:
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3040

Or how about picking up iPhone 4 schamatics on your local Chinese market?
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=1970

(For anyone with even the slightest technical bent, Bunnie's blog is excellent, if not updated much nowadays).
  • Options
    Following up from my previous post: how about a copied Toyota car?

http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=749
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

To give credit where it's due, I think that Cameron is combining humanity with realism, with this proposal, as well as providing support to the Syria Fund.

I initially covered my eyes when I heard the "review" of policy on Sky News, and presumed an inevitable U-turn, but I think a policy of careful selection of the most vulnerable *direct* from the refugee camps on the Syrian border is absolutely the right one.

Britain has to lead this with pragmatism, realism and humanity. Germany can keep the insanity.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Brendan O'Neill gets visceral http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/09/sharing-a-photo-of-the-dead-syrian-child-isnt-compassionate-its-narcissistic/

He takes no prisoners as ever
    The global spreading of this snapshot — which appears on the front page of the Independent today and inside the Guardian, and is even callously being turned into a meme by sections of the weeping Twitterati — is justified as a way of raising awareness about the migrant crisis. Please. It’s more like a snuff photo for progressives, dead-child porn, designed not to start a serious debate about migration in the 21st century but to elicit a self-satisfied feeling of sadness among Western observers.
    and
    Yes, I’m shocked by that image. (Though anyone surprised that people are literally dying to get into Europe clearly hasn’t been paying attention: between 1993 and 2012, there were 17,306 documented deaths of non-European migrants, and since then thousands more have perished.) But I’m also shocked by the cavalier way in which the image is being published, tweeted, retweeted, pored over, turned into an online ‘trend’, made into the subject of watercooler blather (‘You haven’t seen it yet? Here, look, it’s on my iPhone.’)
  • Options
    Plato said:

I think it's more that she had no idea how to take on Corbyn until the media took the lead and he started to look vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Danny565

'Jezza has some pretty spectacular neck veins.

What happened to his trademark grey T shirt ?
  • Options
    Wales = Spurs

Except we lost him.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359
    Huge Corbyn win on the debate according to the Sky News poll, though note that it's simply 8000 viewers who signed up, not a random sample:

http://www.jackfm.co.uk/news/uk-news/corbyn-came-out-top-in-debate-says-sky-poll/

The audience enthusiasm may be more significant, since that was selected to be a representative sample of Labour leadership voters.
  • Options
    I was tweeted by Sky to have an opinion. I replied, I believe it was a global request to all their followers.

Huge Corbyn win on the debate according to the Sky News poll, though note that it's simply 8000 viewers who signed up, not a random sample:

http://www.jackfm.co.uk/news/uk-news/corbyn-came-out-top-in-debate-says-sky-poll/

The audience enthusiasm may be more significant, since that was selected to be a representative sample of Labour leadership voters.

• Options
    Emma Thompson seems to have a real obsession with race and whiteness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34135679

I still remember her complaint from several years ago that Exeter was a lovely place for the BNP because it had so few black faces, and that Devon and Cornwall were too white and it needed addressing.
  • Options

I still remember her complaint from several years ago that Exeter was a lovely place for the BNP because it had so few black faces, and that Devon and Cornwall were too white and it needed addressing.

I was under the impression that most Syrians *are* White.

• Options

Sean_F said:

I initially covered my eyes when I heard the "review" of policy on Sky News, and presumed an inevitable U-turn, but I think a policy of careful selection of the most vulnerable *direct* from the refugee camps on the Syrian border is absolutely the right one.

Britain has to lead this with pragmatism, realism and humanity. Germany can keep the insanity.
    The best (in every genuine sense of the word) place for displaced Syrians is to remain as close to Syria as possible.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed for Cameron because in the middle of all this hysteria it's not going to be easy.

And lets not lose site of the hysteria of the migrants. It is a strange behaviour that goes beyond a move from any immediate danger.
  • Options
    EXCLUSIVE: Corbyn caught on camera calling Islamic fanatic a 'very good friend' whom he knows 'extremely well' as he shared stage with UK's most notorious extremists in 2013

Ibrahim Hewitt wrote a pamphlet branding homosexuality a ‘great sin’ comparable to paedophilia and incest, which should be ‘severely punished’
    His pamphlet also advocated execution by stoning as a punishment for adultery and said that men should assume 'leadership' over women
    Corbyn said he knew Hewitt 'extremely well' and considered him to be 'a very good friend'
    The MP also gave a speech alongside a number of known extremists

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213216/Corbyn-caught-camera-calling-Islamic-fanatic-good-friend-knows-extremely-shares-stage-UK-s-notorious-hate-preachers.html#ixzz3ki6b3xnG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options

A propaganda piece, brought to you by the BBC.

Also, by implication, is she saying that Cameron is not helping the Syrians because he is racist?

One wonders how she can cope with all the moral superiority that she thinks she has.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Also, by implication, is she saying that Cameron is not helping the Syrians because he is racist?

One wonders how she can cope with all the moral superiority that she thinks she has.

I'd happily exchange Emma Thompson for a Syrian.
  • Options
    Plato said:

EXCLUSIVE: Corbyn caught on camera calling Islamic fanatic a 'very good friend' whom he knows 'extremely well' as he shared stage with UK's most notorious extremists in 2013
    Ibrahim Hewitt wrote a pamphlet branding homosexuality a ‘great sin’ comparable to paedophilia and incest, which should be ‘severely punished’
    His pamphlet also advocated execution by stoning as a punishment for adultery and said that men should assume 'leadership' over women
    Corbyn said he knew Hewitt 'extremely well' and considered him to be 'a very good friend'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213216/Corbyn-caught-camera-calling-Islamic-fanatic-good-friend-knows-extremely-shares-stage-UK-s-notorious-hate-preachers.html#ixzz3ki6b3xnG
    Is it me or is it the world that is standing itself on its head at the moment? Either way it's a worry.
  • Options
    @Casino_Royale

'Emma Thompson seems to have a real obsession with race and whiteness'

Every luvie is compelled to make a comment to show their moral superiority and faux outrage.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554

Is it me or is it the world that is standing itself on its head at the moment? Either way it's a worry.

Labour supporters would explode with indignation if a Tory shared such a platform, but when one of theirs does it there is barely a whisper. But it does amply show how Labour's concern with -isms is mostly political rather than any genuinely heart-felt morality.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Philip Collins - A Corbyn-led party will be too weak to be alive but too strong to die. The moderates must - and will - stay and fight

Get ready for Labour: the Zombie Years
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Sean_F said:

Why on Earth does a mid-rate actress have any special expertise on international migration issues? The BBC really is obsessed with celebrity sometimes.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Lolz!
  • Options
    Plato said:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3213216/Corbyn-caught-camera-calling-Islamic-fanatic-good-friend-knows-extremely-shares-stage-UK-s-notorious-hate-preachers.html#ixzz3ki6b3xnG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    As Sir Humphrey Appleby put it:-

"In Arabia, the women get stoned when they commit adultery. Here, they commit adultery when they get stoned. "
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    On Topic, the first such post.

The Plaid Cymru candidate in the Caerffili by-election is not just any old Ron Davies.

It is the Ron “Badgers" Davies.
  • Options
    I see Cooper compared Corbyn to Clegg - I'll be he didn't like that. But he knows to stay calm, and you sound reasonable no matter what you say - it's not enough on its own if you are not riding a wave of support, but if you are, it can be.
  • Options
    Golly

The Plaid Cymru candidate in the Caerffili by-election is not just any old Ron Davies.

• Options
    Views like thinking homosexuals should be severely punished, or that adulterers should be stoned to death, are absolutely abhorrent. Anyone that believes them should face widespread public condemnation. Labour MPs cavorting with such people should be treated the same way Conservative MPs would be if they cavorted with the BNP.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Not so, there were at least two, one from me, right at the start! Unless PC are ready to take this seat, despite Harry's effort it does look a but yawny. I hope the other candidates have good nicknames, otherwise the PC guy definitely deserves to win on that alone.
  • Options

Oi, I got the first post in and it was on-topic. But your post is both on-topic and actually substantively interesting. So bravo.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

Is she related to Tyson?
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    kle4 said:

Not so, there were at least two, one from me, right at the start! Unless PC are ready to take this seat, despite Harry's effort it does look a but yawny.
    So there were ! Apols !

I think Ron has held this seat before. So it may be slightly more interesting than Labour Yawn Hold.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Not so, there were at least two, one from me, right at the start! Unless PC are ready to take this seat, despite Harry's effort it does look a but yawny.
    So there were ! Apols !

/blockquote>

Eh, it wasn't far off, so I was just being pedantic about the lack of 'practically' in front of 'the first' really.
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    AndyJS said:
    "Emma Thompson: If refugees were white, we would feel differently"

I fast forwarded this luvvy tart so didn't pick this up. The statement says more about her than anyone else and Maitlis didn't even blink, obviously confident that the tart wasn't talking about her. Self righteous, pompous, scum bags like Thompson make me sick to my stomach.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    We don't see this from the MSM in the West including the UK:

BREAKING PHOTOS: Emergency units transporting more wounded Syrian patients to Israeli hospital in Safed. pic.twitter.com/ik9MGXo3Qp

— Israel News Feed (@IsraelHatzolah) September 3, 2015