Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Survation defends it methodology against Lord Ashcroft, Joh

13»

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,965
    Hugh said:

Pulpstar said:

I don't think Hugh is Tim, Tim is a Blairite - Hugh seems a fair bit further to the left...

I told you wasn't Tim, what more do you need?

Would you rightwing PBers subject a newish poster from your own tribe to this needly scrutiny ffs? Talk about putting people off coming here.
    Hardly scrutiny... I just think you are, or are someone who is a mate of, tim

• Options
    El_SidEl_Sid Posts: 145
    isam said:

A girl I was dating recently was from Faversham in Kent, and her family lived on the North Kent coast... She was a bit of a lefty but said people in places like margate were also up in arms about ex druggies and the homeless being sent to the coast straight from rehab by the council... Bedsit central and the natives are restless

Yep, and the druggies aren't "ex" either. Classic issue for a protest vote, but noone's going to vote LibDem to protest about too much drug use.
  • Options
    This Tim thing is turning into some kind of cult. He hasn't posted for days, however, the PB Hodges cannot help but mention him in posts.
  • Options

This Tim thing is turning into some kind of cult. He hasn't posted for days, however, the PB Hodges cannot help but mention him in posts.

I reckon he has been posting all night
  • Options
    isam said:

I reckon he has been posting all night
    I can see another I'm Tim Spartacus thread appearing in the not too distant future.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,875
    AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

Hugh said:

God. Did anyone here go to a normal school? No?

Can an old fashioned Comprehensive be classed as normal?
    Moat Mount was an old-fashioned comprehensive near me in Mill Hill. One boy from my primary school, St. paul's, went there. He fell foul of the school bullies, who kidnapped him one lunchtime, took him down to the gym and "tried" him. They sentenced him to death, and proceeded to hang him from a gym rope. Very fortunately, one of the teachers interrupted proceedings.

Sean

Were you at Mill Hill School between 1973-75?

No. St. paul's, C of E Primary 1971-78.

Thanks.

I was hoping to discover the true nature of the "incident" which caused the new Headmaster of Mill Hill School to leave unexpectedly early.

It does ring a bell, now you mention it. We were just opposite from Mill Hill School, and a couple of my father's friends were Governors. I'll ask around.

• Options
    For all the PB Hodges out there:

http://youtu.be/LxHXrTsC630
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @Hugh

You have stumbled into a zombie wasteland.
    The only thing you can do, is hit them on the head with an "Irony bar" if you think they are infected.

(Think "Sean of The Dead")
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    Sean_F said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

AveryLP said:

Sean_F said:

Hugh said:

God. Did anyone here go to a normal school? No?

Can an old fashioned Comprehensive be classed as normal?
    Moat Mount was an old-fashioned comprehensive near me in Mill Hill. One boy from my primary school, St. paul's, went there. He fell foul of the school bullies, who kidnapped him one lunchtime, took him down to the gym and "tried" him. They sentenced him to death, and proceeded to hang him from a gym rope. Very fortunately, one of the teachers interrupted proceedings.

Sean

Were you at Mill Hill School between 1973-75?

No. St. paul's, C of E Primary 1971-78.

Thanks.

I was hoping to discover the true nature of the "incident" which caused the new Headmaster of Mill Hill School to leave unexpectedly early.

It does ring a bell, now you mention it. We were just opposite from Mill Hill School, and a couple of my father's friends were Governors. I'll ask around.

Thanks. He was my old housemaster and much respected. Dead now.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Channel 4 News: Ian Watkins "showed no emotion" as he was sentenced
    BBC News: Ian Watkins "shook uncontrollably" as he was sentenced
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312

As we are on the topic:

I have never met a man or woman who went to single-sex school and has not been mucked up by it. Anecdotally, there seems to be something about missing interaction with boys or girls of the opposite sex that causes problems with relationships later in life.

This seemed to be much worse in the case of religious schools: single sex schools may get better results, but I wonder if they prepare children properly for relationships?

It leads me to wonder if such abuses (whether of boys or girls) by responsible adults are more common in single-sex or mixed-sex schools?

I await howls of anguish and protest. ;-)

I hear my cue!

I think you have a case concerning boys' boarding schools, away from female company and your parents.

I think your point isn't valid for day schools. Plenty of members of the opposite sex within your own family, church and town.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

For all the PB Hodges out there:

http://youtu.be/LxHXrTsC630

Feels more like timbaland to me

http://youtu.be/-fOkliEZtbs
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,964
    JohnLoony said:

Channel 4 News: Ian Watkins "showed no emotion" as he was sentenced
    BBC News: Ian Watkins "shook uncontrollably" as he was sentenced

Maybe he can share a cell with Adebalajo ?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097
    SeanF That sounds like a case of attempted murder!
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    edited December 2013
    @Hugh

How much money and influence would it take to have it recorded as an actual suicide rather than murder? (hypothetically of course)
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,964
    Actually who is worse. Adebelajo or Watkins.

I'll leave us with that case study of repugnant moral relativism to consider as I head off to bed.

o/
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,875
    HYUFD said:

SeanF That sounds like a case of attempted murder!

It was.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097
    SeanF Dramatic stuff, night!
  • Options
    El_Sid said:

isam said:

A girl I was dating recently was from Faversham in Kent, and her family lived on the North Kent coast... She was a bit of a lefty but said people in places like margate were also up in arms about ex druggies and the homeless being sent to the coast straight from rehab by the council... Bedsit central and the natives are restless

Yep, and the druggies aren't "ex" either. Classic issue for a protest vote, but noone's going to vote LibDem to protest about too much drug use.

Au Contraire

The Lib Dems are the only party with a plan to control drugs by semi legalising them. This approach seems to have worked in some other countries like Portugal.

Politicians of other parties seem to be aware that semi legalising drugs is the solution but are afraid to adopt the policy for fear of the bigots who don't look at the evidence
This discussion has been closed.