Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The decision to make mask wearing in shops compulsory dominate

12346»

Comments

• Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    I have worn a mask in shops, banks, often in the streets etc for a month. What gripes me are the staff. They are exempt still, yet they chat away, often loudly, have not been tested, do not talk through the till shielding but round it, go the wrong one on the directional systems and frequently do not look where they are going, it all loses its impact..
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,077

eek said:

malcolmg said:

eek said:

Scott_xP said:
    Almost as if Johnson wants the Scottish Tories to get shafted at the Holyrood election in May.

Aren't all those standards currently set at national and EU level? The only power grab I see here is Sturgeon looking for more points to score and insert her independence wedge that bit further.
    Your arse, the powers are currently held by Scotland and are the European standards, plans are England will set any standard they want and Scotland will have no say in the matter. It is a big big deal to Scotland, England can eat chlorinated chicken and hormone filled beef as much as it wants.
    So the current standards were set at an EU level and with Brexit that transfers down to the UK level as at no point have they been delegated to regional governments.

Malc, Brexit is about getting free of EU diktats. Scots Indy is about walking straight back into their welcoming arms, and handing over the haddock.
    @Burgessian
    WE would be much better off in EU in my humble opinion and also free of the dead hand of Westminster, no comparison. One a member of the club with a vote and able to run our own economy whilst the other a colony with no vote and never ending debt accumulated by Westminster and spent outside Scotland.
This discussion has been closed.