Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov on the Bristol statue downing and the Prince Andrew/Eps

2»

Comments

• Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,027
    tlg86 said:

Having spent weeks complaining about schools going back, teachers on the BBC are now complaining about schools not going back.

Too many teachers descended from farmers, who almost always complain about the weather, no matter what it is?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    tlg86 said:

Having spent weeks complaining about schools going back, teachers on the BBC are now complaining about schools not going back.

I have been complaining for weeks about (a) the decision to shut schools without warning or consultations and move to a daft and unworkable exam system without asking OFQUAL (for all their uselessness) what would work and (b) the decision to reopen schools under impossible health and safety measures which means they cannot function effectively and online learning is severely disrupted.

I don’t see a contradiction between the two, if I’m honest.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,193
    ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

I have been complaining for weeks about (a) the decision to shut schools without warning or consultations and move to a daft and unworkable exam system without asking OFQUAL (for all their uselessness) what would work and (b) the decision to reopen schools under impossible health and safety measures which means they cannot function effectively and online learning is severely disrupted.

Those arguments are far too nuanced! The complaints that I've heard are firstly "it's not safe, even with health and safety measures" and this morning "it's terrible for children".

I know the media has to play devil's advocate to a certain extent, but on COVID-19 they have looked thoroughly ridiculous.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,791
    edited June 2020
    tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Those arguments are far too nuanced! The complaints that I've heard are firstly "it's not safe, even with health and safety measures" and this morning "it's terrible for children".

I know the media has to play devil's advocate to a certain extent, but on COVID-19 they have looked thoroughly ridiculous.
    Teachers are going to consist of people from lockdown sceptics to lockdown lovers. It is hardly surprising that both views exist in a sample of half a million teachers given both views are well represented in the few hundred or thousand or posters on here.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,126
    That 49% of Leave voters who think that statues of slavers should grace the streets of 21st century Britain is... Interesting. Definitely. Not. Racists.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,193
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,313
    NEW READ
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    dixiedean said:

isam said:
    Except it wasn't. Most Egyptologists recognise now it was built by professional, skilled labour.
    Stuff built by slavery tends not to last very long. See secret Nazi wonder weapons and the Confederacy.
    A picture of the Colosseum would have worked better.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060

tlg86 said:

Too many teachers descended from farmers, who almost always complain about the weather, no matter what it is?
    How did you know my father was a farmer?
This discussion has been closed.