Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Next Labour Leader matrix – working out who’ll win

124»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Nigelb said:

The mighty German car industry.... might just go the same way as ours.
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-killer-mercedes-benz-eqc-flops-germany/

That's not surprising, no European car marques have made the jump to electric well. A lot of this is down to regulators pushing diesel for so many years as a "cleaner" alternative to petrol and complacency within manufacturers in the premium sector.

The only saving grace is that the Model 3 is so awful that JLR, BMW etc... might still have some room to make a £45k electric saloon car that feels a lot more premium than the Model 3.
    I don't think any car maker other than Tesla has really done that well. The i-pace, for example, has flopped in the US. neither ford nor GM has managed to put out an electric vehicle that sells well. Toyota has done well with the Prius, but their pure electric sales are tiny.
    December 2019 global electric car sales are here https://seekingalpha.com/article/4314900-ev-company-news-for-month-of-december-2019

Tesla is number one, and numbers 2,3,4 are Chinese.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    edited January 2020
    kjohnw1 said:

HYUFD said:
    Didn’t she yet again vote against brexit before Christmas ?, despite representing a leave constituency, good luck with reconnecting with the leave North!
    She's played things quite cannily. I don't believe she ever genuinely considered voting for any Brexit deal, but she gave the impression she might without ever sullying herself to do so, so she can present as having seen the problem coming without ever having seriously deviated from the party policy.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259

New thread

This discussion has been closed.