Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Can UKIP win the 2014 Euros? In a word, no!

SystemSystem Posts: 11,703
edited November 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Can UKIP win the 2014 Euros? In a word, no!

Earlier this year, Nigel Farage announced that he wanted to cause a “political earthquake” at next year’s European Elections by winning them? Well, first of all, isn’t that what is supposed to happened in 1999 (7% of the vote and 3 MEP’s), 2004 (16% of the vote and 12 MEP’s) and 2009 (17% of the vote and 13 MEP’s) and second “Define a win, Mr.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Another thread... falkip

Coop heads in peril...
  • Options
    UKIP at evens to win looks very badly priced, time to get ont he right side of that one.
  • Options
    Win or not - UKIP will always do very well in Euro elections.

The interesting thing will be to see whose vote they eat into most.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    RIP Co-Op Bank, No Flowers by request.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I see that this thread is unsigned. Whoever wrote it, they completely miss the trend. UKIP will get most English votes. I don't know about the other areas: they will probably do well in Wales but miss the boat in Scotland, who have the referendum to worry about.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, who is the thread author?

I don't think you can count UKIP 'winning' in terms of votes cast or seats won - it really will be measured by 'How much damage do they do to the Tories and will the turnip taliban press the self destruct button?'......on which count, I'd say their chances are pretty good....

In other news Labour demand an independent judge led inquiry or not.....

Events are closing in on Ed Balls
    The Co-op has launched an internal audit into the behaviour of the Rev Paul Flowers following revelations that he bought drugs and – according to the Sun this morning – used rent boys while on bank business. Will Labour follow suit? Ed Miliband has played down his and the party's links with the Methodist minister. The Labour leader met Rev Flowers in his Commons office last year, and appointed him to his Business and Industry Advisory Group in 2010. More awkward is the revelation that the Reverend arranged a £50,000 donation to Ed Balls' office last year. Mr Flowers was suspended from his membership of the Labour party yesterday while the police investigate his activities.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/benedictbrogan/100246554/events-are-closing-in-on-ed-balls/

This discussion has been closed.