Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The money goes on a 78 year old to take on a 74 year old at WH

Comments

• Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,883
    Back to matters political and positive noises continue to come on from the Conservative-Labour talks on Brexit.

The hint today is May is prepared to concede the CU in exchange for Labour agreeing any future Government "with a clear majority would be free to negotiate changes" (to the PD).

Could the Conservatives swallow a CU now to get the WA through and then, perhaps after winning an election, go in and change the WA to something else? I can see why Gove called it "unpalatable".

For Labour presumably the goal is if they win a clear majority, they can rip up the EU rules on State aid and intervene aggressively where they chose.

Such a deal would facilitate both Brexit and a GE.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,997
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Signing the petition has just ended in Peterborough.
  • Options
    > @Richard_Tyndall said:
    > > @Gardenwalker said:
    > > Greetings from LA.
    > > LAX was an absolute hellhole last night, I actually laughed out loud upon encountering the sheer mayhem of it. I wasn’t laughing 2 hours later..
    > >
    > > Whether Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic or not is irrelevant at this point. It’s abundantly clear that the ideology he is promoting comes with lashings of anti-Semitism, anti-Westernism, and general intolerance of liberal values baked in.
    > >
    > > His becoming PM is terrifying, but is now odds on, because of Brexit.
    >
    > Why was LAX so bad? Have I missed something in the news or is it always like that? Useful to know for future reference.

I read an article saying they'd pretty much deliberately allowed the normal area to become dreadful in order to encourage people to pay to use the 5 star areas.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    > @Gardenwalker said:
    > > @Richard_Tyndall said:
    >
    > > > @Gardenwalker said:
    >
    > > > Greetings from LA.
    >
    > > > LAX was an absolute hellhole last night, I actually laughed out loud upon encountering the sheer mayhem of it. I wasn’t laughing 2 hours later..
    >
    > > >
    >
    > > > Whether Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic or not is irrelevant at this point. It’s abundantly clear that the ideology he is promoting comes with lashings of anti-Semitism, anti-Westernism, and general intolerance of liberal values baked in.
    >
    > > >
    >
    > > > His becoming PM is terrifying, but is now odds on, because of Brexit.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Why was LAX so bad? Have I missed something in the news or is it always like that? Useful to know for future reference.
    >
    >
    >
    > Whatever you do, don't arrive at the international terminal at LA (TBIT) because it's where all the flights from South America and Asia arrive. You can find yourself in a mile long queue that stretches out of immigration.
    >
    >
    >
    > Try to fly Virgin into LAX, they are at a much quieter terminal. (American can also be ok.)
    >
    > And indeed, the wonderful service from Air NZ was not worth the horrifying experience at LAX.
    >
    > I expect to need to come to LA for business maybe once a quarter and will be travelling Virgin methinks.

LAX is this other Eden, demi-paradise when compared to Miami.....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,356
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Signing the petition has just ended in Peterborough.

Surely? A failure to make the 10% this time would be evidence of the majority having given up on politics completely.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,044
    @Gardenwalker

Get Global Entry, and then you can fly through immigration and be out of LAX within minutes of landing
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389
    Thayer5 said:

Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.

Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?

Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.
  • Options
    Thayer5Thayer5 Posts: 97
    > @TOPPING said:
    > Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.
    >
    > Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?
    >
    > Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.

There will be enormous pressure on Corbyn to accept this, from Labour Remainers; yet JC and his cabal will hate it. As we all know the best chance for the Hard Left to win a GE is to allow and facilitate a botched Brexit, or no Brexit, on the Tories' watch: where the Tories take the blame.

Corbyn is a stubborn old snapping turtle of a man. I expect him to reject a deal, or make a deal so odious to eurosceptics it will split the Tories,
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,283
    > @Thayer5 said:
    > > @TOPPING said:
    > > Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.
    > >
    > > Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?
    > >
    > > Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.
    >
    > There will be enormous pressure on Corbyn to accept this, from Labour Remainers; yet JC and his cabal will hate it. As we all know the best chance for the Hard Left to win a GE is to allow and facilitate a botched Brexit, or no Brexit, on the Tories' watch: where the Tories take the blame.
    >
    > Corbyn is a stubborn old snapping turtle of a man. I expect him to reject a deal, or make a deal so odious to eurosceptics it will split the Tories,
    >

Yep.
  • Options
    Thayer5 said:

Corbyn is a stubborn old snapping turtle of a man. I expect him to reject a deal, or make a deal so odious to eurosceptics it will split the Tories,

Yep that is entirely likely. His job is to get the Labour Party into government. And the irony is that his solution (if, as you say. he sticks to it) will do less damage to the country than, say, a no deal. But again I agree he will find that when Tezza says yes it will be the wrong kind of yes.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

> @Gardenwalker said:

> Greetings from LA.

> LAX was an absolute hellhole last night, I actually laughed out loud upon encountering the sheer mayhem of it. I wasn’t laughing 2 hours later..

>

> Whether Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic or not is irrelevant at this point. It’s abundantly clear that the ideology he is promoting comes with lashings of anti-Semitism, anti-Westernism, and general intolerance of liberal values baked in.

>

> His becoming PM is terrifying, but is now odds on, because of Brexit.

Why was LAX so bad? Have I missed something in the news or is it always like that? Useful to know for future reference.

Immigration is the worst designed space I have come across and the sequencing of flights is terrible (London lands just after Hong Kong and Moscow)
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Seeing as May's trying the old "well we call it this and they call it that but it's really the same thing" line then for maximum shits and giggles Labour should basically insist they only vote for the CU deal if it is explicitly referred to by all as a Customs Union.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    rcs1000 said:

> @Richard_Tyndall said:

> > @Gardenwalker said:

> > Greetings from LA.

> > LAX was an absolute hellhole last night, I actually laughed out loud upon encountering the sheer mayhem of it. I wasn’t laughing 2 hours later..

> >

> > Whether Corbyn is personally anti-Semitic or not is irrelevant at this point. It’s abundantly clear that the ideology he is promoting comes with lashings of anti-Semitism, anti-Westernism, and general intolerance of liberal values baked in.

> >

> > His becoming PM is terrifying, but is now odds on, because of Brexit.

>

> Why was LAX so bad? Have I missed something in the news or is it always like that? Useful to know for future reference.

Whatever you do, don't arrive at the international terminal at LA (TBIT) because it's where all the flights from South America and Asia arrive. You can find yourself in a mile long queue that stretches out of immigration.

Try to fly Virgin into LAX, they are at a much quieter terminal. (American can also be ok.)

Global Entry works fine in LAX Bradley 😆
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    TOPPING said:

Thayer5 said:

Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.

Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?

Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.
    Is that true? I recall most of PB being very bullish about either the EU backing down on the backstop or May winning over parliament with her November deal. Lots of comments about minds being focused and such
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    > @Thayer5 said:
    > > @TOPPING said:
    > > Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.
    > >
    > > Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?
    > >
    > > Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.
    >
    > There will be enormous pressure on Corbyn to accept this, from Labour Remainers; yet JC and his cabal will hate it. As we all know the best chance for the Hard Left to win a GE is to allow and facilitate a botched Brexit, or no Brexit, on the Tories' watch: where the Tories take the blame.
    >
    > Corbyn is a stubborn old snapping turtle of a man. I expect him to reject a deal, or make a deal so odious to eurosceptics it will split the Tories,
    >

Huh? It won't be the "Labour Remainers" who'll be pressuring Corbyn into accepting a cross-party Brexit deal; they want another referendum, which isn't going to be on offer.

Though I agree Corbyn probably won't ever accept a Tory deal no matter what, but the real question is whether what comes out of these talks is enough to get enough extra rebel Labour MPs on board.
  • Options
    That’s a shame. Liked him and it was a pity that OGH banned him
  • Options
    DavidL said:

> @AndyJS said:

Surely? A failure to make the 10% this time would be evidence of the majority having given up on politics completely.

Her being recalled is the right outcome for sure, but I have to admit that I care so little about it that if they don't get to 10% I'd find it much more funny than upsetting
  • Options
    Maybe a silly question, but what was Brian Corbett's username?
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

HD2
  • Options
    Charles said:

Danny565 said:

HD2
    Hmm, name doesn't ring a bell at all. Before my time maybe.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

> @Thayer5 said:

> > @TOPPING said:

> >

> >

>

>

>

Huh? It won't be the "Labour Remainers" who'll be pressuring Corbyn into accepting a cross-party Brexit deal; they want another referendum, which isn't going to be on offer.

Though I agree Corbyn probably won't ever accept a Tory deal no matter what, but the real question is whether what comes out of these talks is enough to get enough extra rebel Labour MPs on board.

I'm not sure I can imagine anything which would create more Labour rebels than Tory ones, with the possible exception of May's Deal unchanged + referendum, which Corbyn could reject.
  • Options
    > @Danny565 said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    > > > @TOPPING said:
    > > > Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.
    > > >
    > > > Sounds like she has finally got to acceptance and, credit to her, will put country before party. Will Jezza do likewise?
    > > >
    > > > Of course the shame is that had she been on PB these past three years we could have sorted this and be on our way to some part of a trade deal with the EU.
    > >
    > > There will be enormous pressure on Corbyn to accept this, from Labour Remainers; yet JC and his cabal will hate it. As we all know the best chance for the Hard Left to win a GE is to allow and facilitate a botched Brexit, or no Brexit, on the Tories' watch: where the Tories take the blame.
    > >
    > > Corbyn is a stubborn old snapping turtle of a man. I expect him to reject a deal, or make a deal so odious to eurosceptics it will split the Tories,
    > >
    >
    > Huh? It won't be the "Labour Remainers" who'll be pressuring Corbyn into accepting a cross-party Brexit deal; they want another referendum, which isn't going to be on offer.
    >
    > Though I agree Corbyn probably won't ever accept a Tory deal no matter what, but the real question is whether what comes out of these talks is enough to get enough extra rebel Labour MPs on board.

I mean the Labour Remainers who will reluctantly accept a deal over No Deal (or a 2nd vote), as long as the Deal keeps us tightly bound to the EU. My guess is most Labour MPs, or a plurality, fall into this category - they rightly see the enormous problems attached to a 2nd referendum. What if Leave wins? What is the question? What if there is a boycott, by Leavers? And what about Labour Leave voters?

There is a minority of Labour MPs who want a 2nd vote, whatever happens. I was not referring to them.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > Just seen this rather sad news:
    > https://twitter.com/HD2onPBdotcom/status/1123615086902427653

Who is it?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Thayer5 said:

Is that true? I recall most of PB being very bullish about either the EU backing down on the backstop or May winning over parliament with her November deal. Lots of comments about minds being focused and such
    Well I certainly thought that people would see sense and vote through the deal (still do for that matter) but I can see why May wants to cut and run to accommodate Lab.
  • Options
    Whoah. Have a look at this

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072

Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Charles said:

Danny565 said:

HD2
    Hmm, name doesn't ring a bell at all. Before my time maybe.
    He sent me home made elderflower cordial once so I have a soft spot for him
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,317
    > @Thayer5 said:
    > Whoah. Have a look at this
    >
    > https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    >
    > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?

That stuff about getting everyone to stand is a well-know brainwashing technique. I encountered it once when I was dragged along to some dodgy pyramid-selling scheme.
  • Options
    > @Thayer5 said:
    >
    >
    > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?

Well it certainly looks like he has white, over 60 vote tied up.
  • Options
    Trump wins Whitehouse 2020, Farage wins Downing Street 2022. Putin remains in Kremlin.

Nightmares are made of less frightening material.
  • Options
    > @Stark_Dawning said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    > > Whoah. Have a look at this
    > >
    > > https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    > >
    > > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
    >
    > That stuff about getting everyone to stand is a well-know brainwashing technique. I encountered it once when I was dragged along to some dodgy pyramid-selling scheme.

That's as maybe, but brains are apparently being washed, in Nigel's favour.

I have no liking for the man. His smirks and jeers in the European Parliament are embarrassing. I merely wonder if he could turn into a British Trump. Stranger things have happened - e.g. Trump.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,971
    edited May 2019

> @Thayer5 said:

>

>

>

Oh how awful!

Everyone knows progressive/diverse votes should count double
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    isam said:

> @Thayer5 said:

>

>

>

Oh how awful!
    Yeah the Quoting is terrrrible. Should use Vanilla.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    > @Thayer5 said:
    > > @Stark_Dawning said:
    > > > @Thayer5 said:
    > > > Whoah. Have a look at this
    > > >
    > > > ttps://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    > > >
    > > > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
    > >
    > > That stuff about getting everyone to stand is a well-know brainwashing technique. I encountered it once when I was dragged along to some dodgy pyramid-selling scheme.
    >
    > That's as maybe, but brains are apparently being washed, in Nigel's favour.
    >
    > I have no liking for the man. His smirks and jeers in the European Parliament are embarrassing. I merely wonder if he could turn into a British Trump. Stranger things have happened - e.g. Trump.
    Can I suggest that people replying to posts with embeds bugger up the address of the embed by, e.g., taking the h out of https, so it doesn't repeat with every reply?
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited May 2019

Luckily he will do even worse than May with those outside that group.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited May 2019
    Thayer5 said:

Whoah. Have a look at this

Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
    One interesting point; I know not exactly their target audience but TBP’s twitter still has only just over half UKIP’s number of followers.

• Options
    isam said:

> @Thayer5 said:

>

>

>

Oh how awful!

Everyone knows progressive/diverse votes should count double
    After testing for testosterone of course.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    > @Thayer5 said:
    >
    >

That rock star being Cliff Richard.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,436

> @Morris_Dancer said:

> Just seen this rather sad news:

>

Who is it?
    If I recall correctly HD2 had marriage problems, wife ran off with another women and obtained custody of his children and went off to Australia. It was only a number of years later that HD2 managed to regain contact with his children.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    > @rottenborough said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    > >
    > > https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    > >
    > > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
    >
    > Well it certainly looks like he has white, over 60 vote tied up.

Not a rootless cosmopolitan in sight.
  • Options
    > @Thayer5 said:
    >
    >

I'm not impressed. They just had a by-election in Newport and a pro-Remain Labour candidate was elected. Votes are what matter, not crowds.
  • Options
    > @Ishmael_Z said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    > > > @Stark_Dawning said:
    > > > > @Thayer5 said:
    > > > > Whoah. Have a look at this
    > > > >
    > > > > ttps://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    > > > >
    > > > > Farage being treated like a rockstar. Could he ride this populist wave into government?
    > > >
    > > > That stuff about getting everyone to stand is a well-know brainwashing technique. I encountered it once when I was dragged along to some dodgy pyramid-selling scheme.
    > >
    > > That's as maybe, but brains are apparently being washed, in Nigel's favour.
    > >
    > > I have no liking for the man. His smirks and jeers in the European Parliament are embarrassing. I merely wonder if he could turn into a British Trump. Stranger things have happened - e.g. Trump.
    > Can I suggest that people replying to posts with embeds bugger up the address of the embed by, e.g., taking the h out of https, so it doesn't repeat with every reply?
    >

See what I mean?
  • Options
    > @isam said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > ttps://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1123472776764035072
    >
    >
    >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh how awful!
    >
    > Everyone knows progressive/diverse votes should count double

My point was more that Farage will need a wider vote catchment to really win a GE.

Not impossible though if a Trump-like bandwagon takes off, which seems increasingly likely in the UK (well England and Wales anyway).
  • Options
    > @Ishmael_Z said:

> Can I suggest that people replying to posts with embeds bugger up the address of the embed by, e.g., taking the h out of https, so it doesn't repeat with every reply?
    >

Er, did I do something wrong? Why do we have to do coding to quote someone?
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,714
    Quincel said:

> @Thayer5 said:

> > @Scott_P said:

> >

>

> Sounds to me like T May has basically given up, and sees only one credible solution: pushing through MV4 with the help of Labour. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) she will resign.

If it doesn't work she could resign. Or she could prepare for MV5...
    Meaningful vote 5?!

Lightweight! What's the Fast and Furious franchise up to now? 7, 8?
    She can do well better than that I reckon.

• Options
    Test. Ignore.
  • Options

Test. Ignore.

Another test.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,714
    AndyJS said:

Signing the petition has just ended in Peterborough.

When will the result be announced? This evening surely?
  • Options
    I see one has to go via Vanilla site itself to get quoting back running. No doubt everyone else worked this out days ago.
  • Options
    > @rottenborough said:
    > > @Thayer5 said:
    > >
    > >
    >

That's lazy. Look again. A casual glance shows a lot of younger people in that audience - male and female. It's very white, but then so is Newport? It's probably quite a good cross section of Newport electors - who actually bother to vote.
  • Options

I see one has to go via Vanilla site itself to get quoting back running. No doubt everyone else worked this out days ago.

No, just us cool kids.
  • Options
    > @Ishmael_Z said:
    > See what I mean?

Just tell me what to do so I can quote like everyone else!
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    > @TheValiant said:
    >
    > When will the result be announced? This evening surely?

I believe it is being tallied this evening. Should be a very swift process.

I just hope that the good people of Peterborough have done the right thing. She needs to be booted from public life
  • Options
    Thayer5 said:

> @Ishmael_Z said:

>

Er, did I do something wrong? Why do we have to do coding to quote someone?

You can use the vanilla site and it works fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thayer5 said:

> @Ishmael_Z said:

> See what I mean?

Just tell me what to do so I can quote like everyone else!

Use this site instead,

http://politicalbetting.vanillacommunity.com
  • Options
  • Options
    geoffw said:
    Thanks. It's a bit boring to go to the Vanilla site, the UI isn't as good? Anyway. Has this worked? Let's see.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Presumably Gavin Williamson did it Huawei.

Regrets, he'll have a few.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    Cant think Tories want a By Election in Peterborough right now.
  • Options
    > @Thayer5 said:
    > > @Ishmael_Z said:
    >
    > > Can I suggest that people replying to posts with embeds bugger up the address of the embed by, e.g., taking the h out of https, so it doesn't repeat with every reply?
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    > Er, did I do something wrong? Why do we have to do coding to quote someone?
    You don't have to, it's just that we now have nine instances of that tweet showing in this thread. If you think that is too many, you can prevent it happening by breaking the code in the quoted text in your reply by changing https to ttps, or buttocks, or anything else you fancy. This is just a suggestion, though.
  • Options
    Don't tell them who did it Pike.
  • Options
    Thayer5 said:

geoffw said:
    Thanks. It's a bit boring to go to the Vanilla site, the UI isn't as good? Anyway. Has this worked? Let's see.
    Great!
    Now steer yourself into the thread with
    https://politicalbetting.vanillacommunity.com/discussions
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    Williamson fired!
  • Options
    Just imagine how rubbish you have to be to get sacked from the current Cabinet.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, May just made a decent decision.

I have a nose bleed...
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,347
    > @RobD said:
    > https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1123630890276540416
    >
    >
    >
    > omg!

Bombshell news
  • Options
    Why has Gavin Williamson been sacked?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Chinese whispers.
  • Options
    > @TheValiant said:
    >
    > When will the result be announced? This evening surely?

I believe it will be this evening, yes.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

"The prime minister’s decision has been informed by his conduct surrounding an investigation into the circumstances of the unauthorised disclosure of information from a meeting of the National Security Council.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
  • Options
    Has Theresa taken steroids? Finally?
  • Options
    AugustineAugustine Posts: 19
    Gavin Williamson sacked. Bet he wishes he was still Chief Whip. Penny Mordaunt to the MoD?
  • Options
    “The PM’s decision has been informed by his conduct surrounding an investigation into the circumstances of the unauthorised disclosure of information from a meeting of the NSC."
  • Options
    > @rottenborough said:
    > Bloody hell, May just made a decent decision.
    >
    > I have a nose bleed...

She really has
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1123631221785993216
  • Options
    Thayer5 said:

> @rottenborough said:

> > @Thayer5 said:

> >

> >

>

That's lazy. Look again. A casual glance shows a lot of younger people in that audience - male and female. It's very white, but then so is Newport? It's probably quite a good cross section of Newport electors - who actually bother to vote.

I don't actually know the statistics but there are some heavily non white areas in Newport. It is probably less diverse than a lot of places but I don't think very white is accurate. If you take certain parts, there are probably wealthier parts or bits on the outskirts which are very white but there are areas where white people are a minority (although not massive areas) within Newport.
  • Options
    > @dixiedean said:
    > Williamson fired!

For Huawei leak. YESSSSSSS!
  • Options
    Will Williamson continue as an MP after this? It's so embarrassing he may not want to continue in politics.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,115
    That letter looks career ending for him.
  • Options

They may have cleared out the leaker but it was useful to know that May is prepared to jeopardise our role in 5 eyes for a less costly 5G.
  • Options
    ExiledInScotlandExiledInScotland Posts: 1,507
    I have no sympathy for Gavin Williamson - leaking like that was stupid. If he - and others - didn't want Huawei they should have told the PM they'd resign over it.
  • Options
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Will Williamson continue as an MP after this? It's so embarrassing he may not want to continue in politics.

He has no future in politics as of now
  • Options
    Noticed some comments on Twitter 2 days about Huawei and ex Cameron advisers sitting on the board. Am wondering if Williamson will go quietly or whether things kick off.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Private pike should be subject to a criminal investigation. Idiot boy.
  • Options
    > @williamglenn said:
    > That letter looks career ending for him.

Sky alleging criminal charges may follow
  • Options
    geoffw said:

They may have cleared out the leaker but it was useful to know that May is prepared to jeopardise our role in 5 eyes for a less costly 5G.
    Is it cost? Or time. iirc Ericson have a 5G solution but it is 2 years away.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > @williamglenn said:
    > > That letter looks career ending for him.
    >
    > Sky alleging criminal charges may follow

Lock him up!....He deserves it.
  • Options
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Will Williamson continue as an MP after this? It's so embarrassing he may not want to continue in politics.

He could form a new party with Fiona Onasanya.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,593
    Williamson isn't even Pike any more. Pike was a twit but he was a loyal twit.
  • Options
    Penny Mordaunt to defence would be a big lift for her to succeed TM (if it happens)
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334

> @AndyJS said:

He has no future in politics as of now

Nor do Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn, but that hasn't stopped them.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,115
    Another by election on the way?
  • Options
    > @dixiedean said:
    > > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > > @williamglenn said:
    > > > That letter looks career ending for him.
    > >
    > > Sky alleging criminal charges may follow
    >
    > Lock him up!....He deserves it.

I did say alleging for a reason Dixie
  • Options
    Gavin Williamson makes Grant Shapps look like Francis Urquhart
This discussion has been closed.