Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Sunday open thresd

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Mr. Z, I never get why the Americans use stories/storeys (as in tales versus floors) the other way around from us.

And that's before we get to the ground floor/first floor.

I am now embarrassed, I thought stories was the plural of storey.

But my cover story (geddit?) is that my jumper was assumed to be American and I was therefore writing in dialect.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,221

Surely Britain wants to have the jihadi bride somewhere it can keep a close eye on her?

Our security services have quite enough people to keep an eye on here without needing to add to the list.

They are stretched and have not yet learnt the lessons from previous outrages, which may well have resulted in further atrocities which have cost lives here, including of children. See, for instance, the recent report from the Parliamentary Intelligence Committee (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-DemBSSMo_tb2JDcFhORnZ1d0NrbUhzT1Q5QzU5dS1McGU0/view). I make no criticism of them as they have an impossible job to do. But I see no good reason to add to their burden unnecessarily.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Surely Britain wants to have the jihadi bride somewhere it can keep a close eye on her?

The worry is that they lose track of her while she's in the UK.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,353
    Cyclefree said:

There are 4 separate issues here:-

1. Has she committed any crimes while in Syria / Iraq or anywhere else she may have been in the last 4 years? We don’t know and it is far too soon to say that there is no evidence that she has not committed any crimes.

2. What is the proper forum for doing such an investigation and prosecuting such crimes? Syria and Iraq not Britain.

3. Has she committed any crimes against British law. Again, we don’t know and that needs a thorough investigation should she end up in Britain.

(snip for length)

4. If she ends up in Britain, is it in the child’s best interests to be brought up by a woman with her views and attitudes and history. In my view, no.

What I find tiresome and pretty sick-making is the constant “me-me-me” focus by her and her supporters with demands for Britain to get her out of the hole she has dug herself into, with little awareness of the sort of person they are talking about. The narcissistic sense of entitlement is pretty repulsive, frankly.

Re 1: how much time would you normally allocate for evidence to be found that someone not accused of anything criminal *might* have committed a crime? If she was being investigated by local authorities and they said they needed a further N weeks or months, fine, but AFAIK, nobody is investigating anything or said they plan to get round to it at some later point. Should we wait indefinitely for someone to do so? A month? A year? A lifetime?

Re 2: yes. If there is an investigation, let it be done there.

Re 3: see 1.

Re 4: that's a previous case, already decided, so I've not commented on it up to now. But the idea that certain opinions lead your child to be removed seems to me troubling. I detest Nazism. But would I feel that the child of a Nazi should be removed because of that fact? No. Would you?

If yes, how far into the mainstream would you take it? People who hate immigrants? People who admire Putin? It's a slippery slope, and in the end the political views of your parents may not be the crucial issue in their fitness to bring you up. Yes, there's a danger that they will indoctrinate their kids, as most parents do to some extent without even knowing it, but isn't it the job of schools to broaden minds, not social services by means of forced adoption?

I'm not normally the most libertarian type here - normally there are loads of people ready to denounce the infamy of ID cards and the right to be politically incorrect. Where are they when it gets difficult?
  • Options
    Mr. Z, possible there are multiple plurals, but I always thought it was story/stories and storey/storeys.
  • Options

Mr. Z, possible there are multiple plurals, but I always thought it was story/stories and storey/storeys.

Absolutely, I checked with the internet and it agrees with you. Hence my embarrassment.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,038
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

FPT SeanT:

---------

See https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/17/possibility-of-redemption-is-central-to-a-humane-society-shamima-begum

I don't even rely on thinking she might be redeemed. Maybe she'll spend her whole life ranting to anyone who'll listen. I simply think that British people who don't appear to have committed any crimes amd merely have repulsive opinions should be punished by Britain. Because once we start treating people differently if they have wrong ideas, which of us is entirely safe?

3. Has she committed any crimes against British law. Again, we don’t know and that needs a thorough investigation should she end up in Britain.

In theory it is also possible to prosecute her here for crimes committed abroad but in practice it will likely be be impossible to do so - to do an investigation and collect evidence to the required standard of proof for an English court. So those rushing to say that she must be brought back to Britain are, in effect, allowing her to escape justice in the country in which she has chosen to live. That is a repellently arrogant attitude, as if being a British citizen should override all other considerations.

4. If she ends up in Britain, is it in the child’s best interests to be brought up by a woman with her views and attitudes and history. In my view, no.

What I find tiresome and pretty sick-making is the constant “me-me-me” focus by her and her supporters with demands for Britain to get her out of the hole she has dug herself into, with little awareness of the sort of person they are talking about. The narcissistic sense of entitlement is pretty repulsive, frankly.

How would (will?) we deal with a 19 year old man who, for whatever reason, ran away and joined ISIS when he was 15?

And now wants to come 'home'.
    Why would / why should we waste money and put lives at risk to help such people?

I am rather in favour of the French approach which seems to be rather more hard-headed and is without the feeble sentimentality of some in Britain.

If they end up here we have to deal with them - but I would make no effort to help those who have joined terrorist organizations. There are better priorities. What is the number of threats in this country the police and security services are trying to deal with?
    The baby is a different matter of course. Is it British? I understand her husband/father of the child is Dutch, so if they went through a form of marriage, presumably the child is also Dutch. Clearly the child is completely innocent of any wrongdoing so should it stay with its mother, or be handed over to one or other set of grandparents. Or be fostered somewhere.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    MaxPB said:

malcolmg said:

IanB2 said:

The British airline Flybmi has gone bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blaming Brexit as the main cause of its collapse.

LOL, will be excuse of choice for years, any loser will just blame it all on Brexit
    Jamie Oliver comes to mind. His restaurants are shit, the chain went bankrupt because they are shit.
    For years flybmi has a load factor below 60%, the likes of easyJet and Ryanair exceed 90%. I dare say Brexit uncertainty does not help, but flying small aircraft half-empty to unattractive destinations when facing extremely tough competitors probably had a lot more to do with their failure.
  • Options
    Mr. Palmer, she travelled a thousand miles to join a cult that sought to exterminate the Yazidis, crucified children, burnt prisoners alive (and dissolved others in acid), and committed industrial scale sexual slavery.

She was unfazed by severed heads. She doesn't regret going to join ISIS.

Comparing Little Miss ISIS to someone who doesn't like immigrants or admires Putin is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Mr. Z, it's a pretty small mistake to make, to be honest.

Not as bad as when Richard Bacon thought lamb and sheep were different species...
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    glw said:

MaxPB said:

malcolmg said:

IanB2 said:

The British airline Flybmi has gone bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blaming Brexit as the main cause of its collapse.

LOL, will be excuse of choice for years, any loser will just blame it all on Brexit
    Jamie Oliver comes to mind. His restaurants are shit, the chain went bankrupt because they are shit.
    For years flybmi has a load factor below 60%, the likes of easyJet and Ryanair exceed 90%. I dare say Brexit uncertainty does not help, but flying small aircraft half-empty to unattractive destinations when facing extremely tough competitors probably had a lot more to do with their failure.
    But they are going bust now, a few weeks before Brexit. They might have solved their problems without it. We won't know.

I remember much the same arguments coming out during the very early Thatcher years when the government was squeezing demand. Sure, the weakest firms went first. What would you expect? That didn't make the policy sensible. And it didn't make the people who lost their jobs any less unemployed.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,965

The watch our security services have on her in Syria is perfectly adequate.
  • Options

glw said:

MaxPB said:

malcolmg said:

IanB2 said:

But they are going bust now, a few weeks before Brexit. They might have solved their problems without it. We won't know.

I remember much the same arguments coming out during the very early Thatcher years when the government was squeezing demand. Sure, the weakest firms went first. What would you expect? That didn't make the policy sensible. And it didn't make the people who lost their jobs any less unemployed.
    Given that it hasn't yet happened, I think it's a reasonable to assume they wouldn't have.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Floater said:
    Can't read the whole article but I'd imagine with only it's tiny fleet bmi was fucked when it came to operating its intra-EU flights. Whilst a behemoth like EasyJet can hive off 100 planes to its European subsidiary and rejig its schedules flybmi would have been utterly reliant on circular routes and such to get the most out of its planes.

The hard Brexit deal we have on aviation would have been a death sentence regardless of other factors.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Inside Europe is actually very good. Very interesting so far.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,763
    edited February 2019
    If other things are bad enough they will hide the bad effects of Brexit, because the company will go bust anyway, it will move production abroad anyway.etc. It doesn't stop Brexit being bad or stop it having an effect at the margins, in situations for example where companies don't care where they make their stuff or buy their stuff. Which is quite a lot of situations.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

glw said:

MaxPB said:

malcolmg said:

IanB2 said:

I'm certainly not claiming that Brexit has had no effect on flybmi, but it was a small airline operating inefficiently in a very competitive market. Brexit or not they were barely keeping their head above water, and the company had changed owners several times in recent years.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,325
    MaxPB said:

Inside Europe is actually very good. Very interesting so far.

Certainly better than leaving.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

Mr. Palmer, she travelled a thousand miles to join a cult that sought to exterminate the Yazidis, crucified children, burnt prisoners alive (and dissolved others in acid), and committed industrial scale sexual slavery.

Comparing Little Miss ISIS to someone who doesn't like immigrants or admires Putin is ridiculous.

Slight correction here, if I may; one doesn't abandon one's schooling, friends, and family for ISIS, flee the country to Turkey, leave Turkey illicitly for Syria with the help of ISIS minders, get into the warzoney bit of Syria with the help of ISIS minders and then join ISIS.

The joining ISIS bit happens first.

Anyway, the correct approach is surely to decline consular or diplomatic assistance, press neighbouring countries to prosecute her if she turns up there, and if she makes it here then arrest her under s11 Terrorism Act and get the kid into care.
  • Options
    After episode 1 - it's clear that Dave and his advisers just misunderstood how the EU works. The four freedoms were and always will be indivisible.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The watch our security services have on her in Syria is perfectly adequate.
    Perfectly adequate or non-existent until they read it in the paper?
  • Options
    Mr. Drutt, a sound correction.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,946
    edited February 2019

Cyclefree said:

1. Has she committed any crimes while in Syria / Iraq or anywhere else she may have been in the last 4 years? We don’t know and it is far too soon to say that there is no evidence that she has not committed any crimes.

2. What is the proper forum for doing such an investigation and prosecuting such crimes? Syria and Iraq not Britain.

(snip for length)

Re 4: that's a previous case, already decided, so I've not commented on it up to now. But the idea that certain opinions lead your child to be removed seems to me troubling. I detest Nazism. But would I feel that the child of a Nazi should be removed because of that fact? No. Would you?
    I understand the point, but this woman, when she had the chance, willfully participated in a truly odious society even if the full extent of any personal involvement in something is probably hard to know. Given that proven willingness to involve herself in such things given half a chance, is the child safe with her? What is Boko Haram grabs up some territory, and she heads out there now some more territory is being 'appropriately' governed? Caution is well advised here, and its not as simple or easy as any might wish (edit: However, nor is it appropriate as many have done and divest this young woman of any responsibility simply because she was and is young), but surely in this case it is more than merely the holding of aberrant and abhorrent opinion? If she gets the chance she will do something terrible, and presumably take her child with her.
  • Options
    It's also very clear that Merkel is basically very useless. A German Theresa May. Completely over promoted. Though I think Theresa wouldn't have made the same error over migrants that she did.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

It's also very clear that Merkel is basically very useless. A German Theresa May. Completely over promoted. Though I think Theresa wouldn't have made the same error over migrants that she did.

I'm not a super fan of Merkel, but I struggle to believe someone survives at the top of any nation's politics for over a decade without having more quality than that.

I do think that her much vaunted usual cautious approach has been revealed, in times of crisis, to be more akin to dithering, and that she is not immune to making the wrong call when she does make a big decision, but even acknowledging May has faced some pretty intense challenges not before Merkel, I doubt Merkel could be as bad as May.

May got deal a bad hand, but she's also played it incredibly poorly.
  • Options
    Mr. kle4, aye. If ISIS hadn't failed, she'd still be there, with no regrets, unfazed by severed heads in bins. She never chose to leave ISIS. She doesn't reject its reprehensible ideology.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    I wish the media would stop droning on about Shamima Begum.

No one cares and she made her bed and she can lie in it . If this was pre internet and social media perhaps one could say she didn’t know exactly what was going on . But she knew exactly what IS was doing and chose after much planning to go to Syria .

She condoned and supported IS and shows no remorse what so ever . If she wants a better life now than she should have thought about that 5 years ago .

She can rot for all I care in that camp , if she wants to send her baby over fine , her parents can look after it but she can’t swan back without a care in the world .

• Options
    Now that's a headline!

Near naked men scramble for sticks in Japan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47271181
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    Drutt said:

Slight correction here, if I may; one doesn't abandon one's schooling, friends, and family for ISIS, flee the country to Turkey, leave Turkey illicitly for Syria with the help of ISIS minders, get into the warzoney bit of Syria with the help of ISIS minders and then join ISIS.

The joining ISIS bit happens first.

Anyway, the correct approach is surely to decline consular or diplomatic assistance, press neighbouring countries to prosecute her if she turns up there, and if she makes it here then arrest her under s11 Terrorism Act and get the kid into care.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486

Yorkcity said:

Yorkcity said:

The Express is saying Nigel Farage has 100000 members for his new party in one week.

Horseshit....unless by “members” they mean likes on Facebook.
    Reading the article it says 35000 joined the first day followed by 10000 a day.
    The new Brexit party if true , would in members be similar to the Conservative party.
    Possibly the same people.
    Fairly sure it's their mailing list. The website doesn't have a joining form
  • Options

Mr. kle4, aye. If ISIS hadn't failed, she'd still be there, with no regrets, unfazed by severed heads in bins. She never chose to leave ISIS. She doesn't reject its reprehensible ideology.

Well said totally agree with you .
  • Options
    nico67 said:

No one cares and she made her bed and she can lie in it . If this was pre internet and social media perhaps one could say she didn’t know exactly what was going on . But she knew exactly what IS was doing and chose after much planning to go to Syria .

She condoned and supported IS and shows no remorse what so ever . If she wants a better life now than she should have thought about that 5 years ago .

She can rot for all I care in that camp , if she wants to send her baby over fine , her parents can look after it but she can’t swan back without a care in the world .

I'm not sure about giving the baby to Shamima's parents. They brought her up and look how that went.
  • Options

nico67 said:

I'm not sure about giving the baby to Shamima's parents. They brought her up and look how that went.
    The baby is innocent and I’d have no problem with her parents looking after it . The mother however can rot in hell . Or saving that can come back and go straight to prison and remain there for a very long time .
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

The baby is innocent and I’d have no problem with her parents looking after it . The mother however can rot in hell . Or saving that can come back and go straight to prison and remain there for a very long time .
    Until 1997 the mother could have been executed for treason. Anything less than that she can thank her lucky stars if she returns to this country.

The baby should go into care if it returns to this country.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited February 2019
    I'd like to say that since she's British bring her back. She'll soon discover that we have murderous fools here too.

Upsettingly though we''d have to bite the bullet and do our best to protect her.

Next
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

Shamima was innocent at her baby's age and before her parents brought her up to be a jehadi's tart. Taking the baby away gives him (so we are being led to believe) a chance in life.
  • Options

nico67 said:

Exactly. Why entrust a baby to its grandparents who might support Ukip or worse?
  • Options

Not really. The Times, Telegraph, Guardian and BBC all go with the "went to Syria to join Isis" formulation, and Shamima Begum herself agrees she "went to Syria to join the Caliphate" in the Times interview. I am guessing all those people know a bit about it. "Joining Isis" probably simply means going and physically joining them, there is no particular reason to think that you can sign up and get a nice little membership card in Bethnal Green.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Not really. The Times, Telegraph, Guardian and BBC all go with the "went to Syria to join Isis" formulation, and Shamima Begum herself agrees she "went to Syria to join the Caliphate" in the Times interview. I am guessing all those people know a bit about it. "Joining Isis" probably simply means going and physically joining them, there is no particular reason to think that you can sign up and get a nice little membership card in Bethnal Green.
    She's hardly going to say anything about "contacts" in London, that wouldn't be good for her health. I can't believe that three unaccompanied girls just got their stuff together and set out for their promised land in a war zone without having help. I suspect MI5 will be with me on that.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,762

Mr. Z, it's a pretty small mistake to make, to be honest.

Not as bad as when Richard Bacon thought lamb and sheep were different species...

You know what they say - might as well be confused by a sheep as a lamb.

• Options

Ishmael_Z said:

She's hardly going to say anything about "contacts" in London, that wouldn't be good for her health. I can't believe that three unaccompanied girls just got their stuff together and set out for their promised land in a war zone without having help. I suspect MI5 will be with me on that.
    Getting help (as of course she did) is not the issue.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

MI5 didn't raise an eyebrow at the three unaccompanied girls flying to Turkey, which by then was known to be on the road to ISIS. The security services have not covered themselves in glory.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,762
    Cyclefree said:

FPT SeanT:

---------
    Belonging to ISIS is indeed now a crime, but it wasn't when she joined them at age 15, and it can't be applied retrospectively. If our allies in the SDF wish to try her for something, they are free to do so. But they, like us, have not shown evidence that she's committed any crimes.

See https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/17/possibility-of-redemption-is-central-to-a-humane-society-shamima-begum

I don't even rely on thinking she might be redeemed. Maybe she'll spend her whole life ranting to anyone who'll listen. I simply think that British people who don't appear to have committed any crimes amd merely have repulsive opinions should be punished by Britain. Because once we start treating people differently if they have wrong ideas, which of us is entirely safe?

In theory it is also possible to prosecute her here for crimes committed abroad but in practice it will likely be be impossible to do so - to do an investigation and collect evidence to the required standard of proof for an English court. So those rushing to say that she must be brought back to Britain are, in effect, allowing her to escape justice in the country in which she has chosen to live. That is a repellently arrogant attitude, as if being a British citizen should override all other considerations.

I think the only defensible position on this is that we follow our laws.
    If they require us to make serious efforts to repatriate this woman and her child, so be it. If not, then not.

One thing we ought to be avoiding is any Home Secretary having effective power of life or death over any given individual.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    kle4 said:

Now that's a headline!

When I saw "Near naked men scramble for sticks", I thought no way is Brexit going to turn out THAT bad.....
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

kle4 said:

Now that's a headline!

When I saw "Near naked men scramble for sticks", I thought no way is Brexit going to turn out THAT bad.....
    I wouldn't put it beyond some of our more hysterical posters :-)
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Alistair said:

Floater said:
    Can't read the whole article but I'd imagine with only it's tiny fleet bmi was fucked when it came to operating its intra-EU flights. Whilst a behemoth like EasyJet can hive off 100 planes to its European subsidiary and rejig its schedules flybmi would have been utterly reliant on circular routes and such to get the most out of its planes.

The hard Brexit deal we have on aviation would have been a death sentence regardless of other factors.
    And the other EU airlines that have gone under?

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,221
    edited February 2019
    F

Cyclefree said:

Re 1: how much time would you normally allocate for evidence to be found that someone not accused of anything criminal *might* have committed a crime? If she was being investigated by local authorities and they said they needed a further N weeks or months, fine, but AFAIK, nobody is investigating anything or said they plan to get round to it at some later point. Should we wait indefinitely for someone to do so? A month? A year? A lifetime?

If yes, how far into the mainstream would you take it? People who hate immigrants? People who admire Putin? It's a slippery slope, and in the end the political views of your parents may not be the crucial issue in their fitness to bring you up.
    1. She’s only just been found. The idea that a thorough investigation has been done into her activities over the last 4 years is ridiculous. These things take time, especially in a war zone, which is not yet at peace. Google how much time it has taken to bring war criminals in the former Yugoslavia to justice.

On 4, the issue is whether it is in the best interests of the child to be brought up by a woman who joined a terrorist organization, may well have committed serious crimes and is wholly unrepentant about what she has done. A Nazi couple were recently convicted and their children taken away. This seems to me to be very similar.

She may well be a criminal, particularly if she continues to pledge allegiance to IS. That is the crucial difference between someone admiring Putin or disliking immigrants, neither of which are criminal offences.

The best interests of the child should come first. Being brought up by someone pledging allegiance to IS does not seem to me to be in the child’s best interests. There is little point wailing about vulnerable teenagers being groomed by wicked IS people and then allowing an even more vulnerable baby to be groomed by an IS person, even if she is its mother. The other issue is the burden the child will face knowing what its father and mother did, akin to the burden the innocent children of Nazi criminals faced. Is that in its best interests? These are not easy questions. But you are, I am sorry to say, too glib in your response and your comparisons.

If the mother wants to live quietly with her child, a measure of thoughtfulness and repentance and understanding of what it means to be a British citizen is needed from her.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676
    Just seen this snippet on the BBC:

"On Sunday, Loganair stepped in to take over three Flybmi routes from Aberdeen to Bristol, Oslo and Esbjerg. However, these will not start until 4 March.

The two carriers are owned by the same holding company, Airline Investments."

All fine and dandy.
  • Options
    Mr. Borough, much talk of a split. We'll see whether it happens or not.

If there were one, what would the new party be called?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676
    On the flybmi story - a bit ridiculous of the media to say that passengers are 'stranded' in Brussels.
  • Options

I've always thought 'The Opportunity Party' would be a good name, or 'the Opportunists' for short.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Floater said:

Alistair said:

Floater said:

Looking at that telegraph article,
    500,000 passengers pa
    17 planes
    = approx. 30,000 passengers per plane pa
    Allowing a paltry 300 days service per plane pa that equals 100 passengers per plane per day.

Either the telegraph is miles out with its figures or it is astounding flyBe lasted so long.
  • Options

On the flybmi story - a bit ridiculous of the media to say that passengers are 'stranded' in Brussels.

Have you been there? :p
  • Options

kle4 said:

Now that's a headline!

Once the straw clutching is done with, it's sticks next.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,997
    IanB2 said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

This has to be the worst Sunday thread header in the history of thread headers, perhaps ever :o

:p

My apologies. Both TSE and I are away this weekend in locations with no WiFi and almost no mobile connectivity. I've had to walk about 500 metres from where to post this.
    It was definitely a tongue in cheek comment - I very much appreciate all the effort you and the editors put in to get multiple interesting headers each day!
    Yet the typo just sits there...
    The most common meaning of the mispelling "thresd" is theresa.
    https://www.spellchecker.net/misspellings/thresd

The Sunday open theresa. Hmm
  • Options

Democrats?
  • Options
    Mr. Borough, it'd certainly be more popular than calling themselves the Republicans.
  • Options

Democrats?
    Ironic, given I suspect their key policy will be reversing the Brexit vote.
  • Options
    New thread!
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    edited February 2019

• Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Floater said:

Alistair said:

Floater said:

This isn’t aimed at you but where would this place be if people didn’t post “facts” which reveal they have no bloody clue. What was BMI regional’s fleet, legacy profitability, RASK, CASK, business plan and business proposition? What have fuel prices done which haven’t affected other airlines in the same way?

Perhaps we could discuss the failures of Air Berlin or Alitalia or Air Comet or Air Madrid or Cimber or Small Planet or Eurolot or or or.

This discussion has been closed.