Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ken Livingstone, the ex-mayor who keeps talking about Hitler,

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited May 2018
    Well, for the chair of Lewisham East Labour Party to be suspended by the Labour leadership certainly gets the Lewisham East by-election off to an interesting start.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,680
    AndyJS said:

Well, for the chair of Lewisham East Labour Party to be suspended by the Labour leadership certainly gets the Lewisham East by-election off to an interesting start.
    Its all very People's Front of Judea (if thats not an unfortunate metaphor...)
  • Options
    Good heavens! Boris says something sensible.....

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/998666751255642112
  • Options
    PurplePurple Posts: 150
    Sky News poll in Republic of Ireland: 47-37 (56-44 discounting WV, NS) on pro or anti abortion on demand up to 12 weeks' term. That's not the referendum question, but the No side can win votes if they can persuade middle-grounders that a Yes result will lead to the introduction of such a right - not difficult because Leo Varadkar has said he'll propose it. In the gay marriage referendum the support for change was 8% lower on voting day than predicted in the polls, so if No achieves 44% or more in polls between now and the vote they'll take cheer I think.

Televised debates are scheduled for tomorrow (RTE) and Wednesday (TV3). Last Monday's debate (RTE) boosted support for No and got a lot of complaints from the Yes side. Current No price is 7.6.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071

It's not for him to rule out though.
  • Options
    surbysurby Posts: 1,227

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/998666751255642112

I wasn't aware that he was the other Prime Minister! Unless he was referring to a by-election.
  • Options
    surbysurby Posts: 1,227
    William_H said:

nunuone said:

Lewisham East CLP chair suspended over tweets about Emily Thornberry. Labour are all over the place.

What did she tweet?
    Ian Mckenzie, the CLP chair in question, tweeted in 2016.

"Emily Thornberry is too old for ISIS. They won't make a sex slave out of her. They'll behead her and dump her in a mass grave"

As well as another tweet on that theme
    Even in my business one rule I always follow is not use the email to write something controversial which, in another time, could be misinterpreted. Twitter comes with 100 times that possibility. I am always surprised why people use it so willingly. All anyone else has to do is search and find something. There is always something to find. For example, parties change policies and an old twitter will make you look silly.
  • Options

It's not for him to rule out though.
    Boris doesn't write Express headlines.

What he said:

Asked about reports that the Prime Minister could call another election in the autumn, Mr Johnson said: “Really? We had a general election in June last year, which followed hard on the heels of a referendum, which itself followed hard on the heels of an election in 2015.

“I think the British public deserve a break from politicians. And my thoughts are very much with that wonderful woman Brenda. I’m with Brenda on this one.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/963196/boris-johnson-theresa-may-tories-general-election-conservative-party-latest
  • Options
    surby said:

William_H said:

nunuone said:

Lewisham East CLP chair suspended over tweets about Emily Thornberry. Labour are all over the place.

What did she tweet?
    Ian Mckenzie, the CLP chair in question, tweeted in 2016.

"Emily Thornberry is too old for ISIS. They won't make a sex slave out of her. They'll behead her and dump her in a mass grave"

As well as another tweet on that theme
    Even in my business one rule I always follow is not use the email to write something controversial which, in another time, could be misinterpreted. Twitter comes with 100 times that possibility. I am always surprised why people use it so willingly. All anyone else has to do is search and find something. There is always something to find. For example, parties change policies and an old twitter will make you look silly.
    Two simple rules - 'Never write anything you wouldn't be happy to see on the front pages of the Times' - and 'Document retention'. Very few documents more than a year old (or, indeed, a couple of months) are needed - unless absolutely necessary, destroy them - of course much more difficult in the age of the internet with things like tweets....
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
This discussion has been closed.