Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Scottish Independence Referendum: One Year To Go

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    JonathanD said:

The ICM 36-36 poll in July was probably the more interesting and accurate. Still the Sun will be pleased to get their moneys worth just before the Labour conference.

I wonder if Labour's new Etonian spinner will phone up the editor and call him a *cough* chump ?
  • Options
    RedRag1RedRag1 Posts: 527
    JonathanD said:

The ICM 36-36 poll in July was probably the more interesting and accurate. Still the Sun will be pleased to get their moneys worth just before the Labour conference.

It will disappoint them if Fridays is back to 5/6% Labour lead. They will then be holding out hoping for the Times poll.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Roger said:

If this becomes a trend as it might (these things have a habit of feeding on themselves) it would give Labour the chance to ditch their leader. I can't think of an acceptable excuse for him having gone AWOL for the entire summer allowing his opponents to be the only show in town. It's unforgivable

Wishful thinking I think - the poll is unlikely to be repeated tomorrow and I think its essential for the country to kee EdM in post for another couple of years.
  • Options
    You Gov monthly average polling, Feb to Sep this year

Con, 31.65, 30.50, 31.19, 29.76, 31.00, 32.43, 32.89, 33.23

Lab, 42.60, 40.95, 40.43, 39.24, 39.05, 38.96, 38.58, 38.00

LD, 10.95, 11.40, 10.71, 10.00, 10.15, 10.22, 9.84, 9.23

UKIP, 9.05, 11.55, 11.62, 14.33, 13.10, 11.78, 11.84, 12.38

Lab Lead, 10.95, 10.45, 9.24, 9.48, 8.05, 6.52, 5.68, 4.77

• Options
    Roger said:

I can't think of an acceptable excuse for him having gone AWOL for the entire summer allowing his opponents to be the only show in town.

Zen. Buddha. Crap.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    fingers crossed indeed!

Sunil,

How were the interviews?

Thanks for asking, they went well I think. Already some positive feedback sent out by the first one on Monday (ie. they liked me) but nothing definite yet. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Level pegging gives us a good indication the true margin of error (that is for a single pollster) is at least 4 if not 5 points. Coming into today, the five-poll average with YouGov was 4.6 which was very good since March 2012 (7, 4, 5, 3, 4) but the most you'd think it could change to was 4. (4, 5, 3, 4, 0) gives 3.2, for the record.
  • Options

fingers crossed indeed!

Sunil,

How were the interviews?

Thanks for asking, they went well I think. Already some positive feedback sent out by the first one on Monday (ie. they liked me) but nothing definite yet. Fingers crossed!
    Agreed, everything crossed for Sunil.
  • Options
    On YouGov: it's just one poll. TSE's point that voter movements are complex is, however, worth thinking about.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Roger,calm down lad,you have gone from this,posted earlier ;-)

The good news for Ed is that he seems to be getting some better press (ref Oborne) which probably means his backroom team have finally got off their backsides and started doing their jobs

to this ;-)
    Roger said:

If this becomes a trend as it might (these things have a habit of feeding on themselves) it would give Labour the chance to ditch their leader. I can't think of an acceptable excuse for him having gone AWOL for the entire summer allowing his opponents to be the only show in town. It's unforgivable

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

You Gov monthly average polling, Feb to Sep this year

Con, 31.65, 30.50, 31.19, 29.76, 31.00, 32.43, 32.89, 33.23

Lab, 42.60, 40.95, 40.43, 39.24, 39.05, 38.96, 38.58, 38.00

LD, 10.95, 11.40, 10.71, 10.00, 10.15, 10.22, 9.84, 9.23

UKIP, 9.05, 11.55, 11.62, 14.33, 13.10, 11.78, 11.84, 12.38

Lab Lead, 10.95, 10.45, 9.24, 9.48, 8.05, 6.52, 5.68, 4.77

The poll is a high water mark for the Tories but the tide is coming in for the Blues and going out for the Reds.

Looks highly likely that there will be crossover with YouGov before the end of the year.

• Options
    No LD conference bounce at all so far.

Excellent share for the Tories.

Labour at the bottom end of their range.

Hung Parliament beckons. Same story as for the last three plus years. But most seats maybe moving from Labour to too close to call.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited September 2013
    Roger said:

If this becomes a trend as it might (these things have a habit of feeding on themselves) it would give Labour the chance to ditch their leader.

Oh for god's sake, we covered this way back when the uber Blairites were busy with their first whisper campaign against little Ed.

The only way Little Ed is in danger is if he's well behind in the polls for a long period of time and doesn't look like he can turn it around. Even then we also all know that the Blairites are basically cowards when it comes to toppling leaders. They didn't have the balls to do it to Brown. Brother David was left clinging on to his banana and looking gormless when he had the chance.

Will continued polling like this put yet more pressure on little Ed? Will the uber Blairites rise yet again from the dead to start briefing against him if this keeps up? Yep. Unquestionably.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,348
    This poll is clearly an outlier. Nothing that I can think of could have caused such a significant change in opinion overnight. But it is an outlier that sets new parameters for the range of results. So if Labour is back to being 3% ahead on Friday that will no longer be seen as low but as consistent with the new bands. 5% may become the top of the band. And so on.

It will be interesting to see the economic competence/confidence figures behind this if they are available. There does seem little doubt that increasing economic confidence has been the main driver for the narrowing Labour leads.
  • Options
    This YouGov poll is hugely symbolic. It was YouGov, above all others, that engrained the notion that it was almost mathematically impossible for Labour to lose in 2015. That caused many pundits to bite their tongues, fearing they'd only be embarrassed later if they let rip on how dismal they thought Ed really was. But if Ed is obviously sinking they'll have no such inhibitions. These are dangerous times for Ed. He's at the mercy of a lot of things beyond his control.
  • Options

fingers crossed indeed!

Sunil,

How were the interviews?

Agreed, everything crossed for Sunil.
    Thanks TSE!
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    edited September 2013
    I've felt for a while that Ed's Labour was a pig in a poke and other than the well known antipathy to the Conservatives I couldn't see any logical reason why Labour's vote was holding up.

After blowing his golden chance after the Syria vote all seemed hopeless. It became all too obvious that Labour had chosen a lemon.
  • Options
    Margin of error is the 95% confidence interval of the Standard Error of the Mean (if my stats are correct). So 2/3 of polls should be within half of the margin of error assumming a Normal distribution.

But more than statistical error is the systematic errors induced by assumptions such as how many who voted in 2010 return to their original party etc.

Nonetheless the gap does seem to be shrinking, and roger is right. It will put pressure on EdM. Every year the conference speech is billed as the most important one of his life. This year it may be true.
    Grandiose said:

Level pegging gives us a good indication the true margin of error (that is for a single pollster) is at least 4 if not 5 points. Coming into today, the five-poll average with YouGov was 4.6 which was very good since March 2012 (7, 4, 5, 3, 4) but the most you'd think it could change to was 4. (4, 5, 3, 4, 0) gives 3.2, for the record.

• Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Its no surprise that I agree with you about Ed Miliband making a huge mistake going AWOL over the summer, this certainly allowed the more negative aspects of his leadership to take a grip in the media. Ed Miliband basically took the whole summer recess off as Labour Leader and LotO, hardly a great statement for the level of his commitment to becoming our next PM. But even worse, Ed didn't even provide the Labour party with a team who could run a cohesive and targeted strategy to fill the vacuum he left.
    Roger said:

• Options
    Scott_P said:

felix said:

No worries m8 just wait for the bounce from Ed's conference speech - oh wait...

It's a great start to Ed's conference...
    One of Labour’s rising stars has vented her frustration with the state of the party in a searing critique that makes no mention of Ed Miliband but implies that his leadership has a lack of vision.

Stella Creasy, a frontbencher whose campaign against payday lenders won widespread plaudits, says that public service reform must not only reflect the needs of vested interests but also customers.

In an article for the New Statesman, published as Labour prepares for its annual conference, she suggests that the party must urge public schools and hospitals to adapt to serve the interests of customers rather than staff and urges it to take a less reactionary line on immigration.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article3872944.ece

Hardly searing: this is standard Blairite stuff (at least based on the Times description). Alastair Campbell could easily have written as much in 1997.
  • Options
    @alstewitn: The @YouGov poll is fascinating but even more so is the STV poll that suggests c20% of SNP supporters plan to vote 'no' to independence.
  • Options
    Ed Miliband is surely going to give a truly outstanding speech this year. What else has he been working on this summer?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Ed Miliband is surely going to give a truly outstanding speech this year. What else has he been working on this summer?

Listening to Drenge?

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited September 2013
    Another good call in the offing then, made IIRC 2 years ago...

Tories to win the PV in 2015.

Which was made prior to me revisiting the L&N model, which seems to confirm it.

4.2% Tory lead forecast, on the latest data...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Great news for the scottish tory surgers.
    Brian Monteith ‏@TheBluetrot 3h

Scottish Tories facing post referendum pasting - from both UKIP and Lib Dems - my latest column on ConservativeHome
  • Options
    Ok I'm greatly amused that both the Spectator and New Statesman have on their front covers the two Eds as Wallace and Gromit
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Ed should forget about the 'One Nation' stuff and the 'audacious raid on Tory territory' write-ups. Instead he should go hard, hard left - almost Stalinist. Banning foreign nationals from owning British media outlets might be a good one for him, or even banning private ownership of them altogether.
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited September 2013
    antifrank said:

Preventing WWIII, bringing the government to the first defeat on a matter of military action since Ethelred was Unready, transforming Labour into a mass-membership party with 5 million members, stamping out abuses in Labour's selection procedures, shaking up party funding, re-focusing the national debate away from GDP figures to cost-of-living issues, explaining the history of the nineteenth century Tory party to the TUC, searching high and low for an Etonian to run his communications strategy - you want an outstanding speech as well?

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Scottish Tories facing post referendum pasting - from both UKIP and Lib Dems - my latest column on ConservativeHome
    As I recall, the discussion of that poll on PB.com thought there might have been some confusion over the list question, and that the interviewees might have interpreted it as their 2nd preference, rather than how they'd vote.

• Options
    That's ridiculous as an analogy.

Gromit is quite clever, and very helpful to Wallace.

Ok I'm greatly amused that both the Spectator and New Statesman have on their front covers the two Eds as Wallace and Gromit

• Options
    I suspect that all that Tory bashing at the Libdem Conference has in fact given the Tories a polling bounce.
    DavidL said:

This poll is clearly an outlier. Nothing that I can think of could have caused such a significant change in opinion overnight. But it is an outlier that sets new parameters for the range of results. So if Labour is back to being 3% ahead on Friday that will no longer be seen as low but as consistent with the new bands. 5% may become the top of the band. And so on.

It will be interesting to see the economic competence/confidence figures behind this if they are available. There does seem little doubt that increasing economic confidence has been the main driver for the narrowing Labour leads.

• Options
    RedRag1RedRag1 Posts: 527
    As you were on PB. Every good poll for the Tories is "hugely symbolic" any other one is ...."meh".
  • Options

Margin of error is the 95% confidence interval of the Standard Error of the Mean (if my stats are correct). So 2/3 of polls should be within half of the margin of error assumming a Normal distribution.

But more than statistical error is the systematic errors induced by assumptions such as how many who voted in 2010 return to their original party etc.

Nonetheless the gap does seem to be shrinking, and roger is right. It will put pressure on EdM. Every year the conference speech is billed as the most important one of his life. This year it may be true.

Grandiose said:

If it were merely a sampling error, it would conform to a normal distribution exactly (or it tends to one, I forget, but over a thousand sample population there's no difference). The thing we can say here is that the distinction between pollsters is not included; i.e. if a single error affected every poll from YouGov, it could not help explain why one poll could be 4 points below what must surely be YouGov's true value at the moment.

The other thing to remember is that if 95% are within the margin of error then 2.5% rather than 5% are any given side of it.
  • Options
  • Options
    I think that it takes a few weeks for events to percolate through to the polls. We are possibly seeing the effect of the pasting in the press that Ed M got a fortnight ago.
    fitalass said:

I suspect that all that Tory bashing at the Libdem Conference has in fact given the Tories a polling bounce.

DavidL said:

• Options

Mick_Pork said:

As I recall, the discussion of that poll on PB.com thought there might have been some confusion over the list question, and that the interviewees might have interpreted it as their 2nd preference, rather than how they'd vote.

Scottish tory surgers are admittedly easily confused and the scottish tory demographic and base is not know for it's sprightly youthfulness. Or indeed huge numbers.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Roger said:

If this becomes a trend as it might (these things have a habit of feeding on themselves) it would give Labour the chance to ditch their leader.

Oh for god's sake, we covered this way back when the uber Blairites were busy with their first whisper campaign against little Ed.

The only way Little Ed is in danger is if he's well behind in the polls for a long period of time and doesn't look like he can turn it around. Even then we also all know that the Blairites are basically cowards when it comes to toppling leaders. They didn't have the balls to do it to Brown. Brother David was left clinging on to his banana and looking gormless when he had the chance.

Will continued polling like this put yet more pressure on little Ed? Will the uber Blairites rise yet again from the dead to start briefing against him if this keeps up? Yep. Unquestionably.
    So your prediction is for Lab to be divided and confused even while in Opposition let alone in Government. I'm sure that will work wonders in the GE.
  • Options

Grandiose said:

We had a report from Corporeal the other day, telling us that the pollsters have little faith in the numbers they're producing. The models were designed for a two party system, and are failing for four parties.

Which chimes with Nate Silver:
    "the margins of error associated with multi-candidate races are assumed to be quite high, as there is evidence that such races are quite volatile."

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/methodology/
  • Options
    antifrank said:

I think we all learned a while back that Ed and speeches are not bosom buddies. He is not, was not and will never be close to inspiring or engaging.
  • Options

antifrank said:

I think we all learned a while back that Ed and speeches are not bosom buddies. He is not, was not and will never be close to inspiring or engaging.
    I don't know about that.

His speech last year earned him a 20% boost in the YouGov leader ratings
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited September 2013
    This is all very confusing for an occasional reader such as I. I have read on here many times from most Labour leaning folk that there has been no trend down for Labour and its lead. A new breed of PTDs Polling Trend Deniers. I have also read about Lib Dem revivals.... amongst the parish council of Lower Sandalville. Also read many posts that it is nigh on impossible for Cameron to win. Who can a poor boy believe? Yet with 18 months before the GE Cameron now gets a second pollster showing him level with Labour.

Just imagine if this was after McSlime's book? Oh deep joy, we have that saintly event to look forward to. But Red Ed should still be safe. After all he was voted in by some of his MPs. Well a minority if we have to be factually correct dear people.
  • Options
    assuming no change in methodology, then the phenomenon would be a Normal distribution, I agree. It will be interesting what subsequent polls from other pollsters show..
    Grandiose said:

Grandiose said:

If it were merely a sampling error, it would conform to a normal distribution exactly (or it tends to one, I forget, but over a thousand sample population there's no difference). The thing we can say here is that the distinction between pollsters is not included; i.e. if a single error affected every poll from YouGov, it could not help explain why one poll could be 4 points below what must surely be YouGov's true value at the moment.

The other thing to remember is that if 95% are within the margin of error then 2.5% rather than 5% are any given side of it.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,781
    The eventual 2PP result in Australia is going to be Coalition 54%-46% to the nearest whole percentage when all the votes are counted.

At the moment it's 53.47% to 46.53% but 10 seats haven't started counting 2PP yet and 7 of them are very safe Coalition areas:

http://vtr.aec.gov.au/
  • Options
    If you look at TSE's YG vote shares, the bigger Labour drop happened in the spring. Over the summer it was much less pronounced. The summer was about morale more than anything. Most voters were too busy doing other stuff to take much notice of politicians.
  • Options

antifrank said:

He's a good speaker. Last year's conference speech was careful and thoughtful. I expect the same again this year.
  • Options
    Wise words from the Joe Twyman of YouGov

Joe Twyman ‏@JoeTwyman 1m

Yes, we at @YouGov have Labour and Conservatives neck and neck, but one poll result does not make a trend (yet).
  • Options

If you look at TSE's YG vote shares, the bigger Labour drop happened in the spring. Over the summer it was much less pronounced. The summer was about morale more than anything. Most voters were too busy doing other stuff to take much notice of politicians.

If I weren't updating my iPad to ios7, I'd be able to say with 100% confidence, but I'm going off memory that February was a high point for Labour, and being in the 40% range was the norm, so they're not that much down from where they've been in the past year.
  • Options
    Perhaps if he had got his shirt off on the beach, and pointed at a few squid he might have kept a public profile going.

Next year will be different I am sure.
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

He's a good speaker. Last year's conference speech was careful and thoughtful. I expect the same again this year.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Mick_Pork said:

Roger said:

So your prediction is for Lab to be divided and confused even while in Opposition let alone in Government. I'm sure that will work wonders in the GE.
    It's not a prediction it's the reality. The Brown Blair split never healed.
    PB tories might not have understand Falkirk (beyond foaming at the mouth about unions) but it was just yet more proof that the split was alive and well and capable of injecting pure poison directly into little Ed's shadow cabinet and the wider labour party.

The uber Blairites will not stop and will never be reconciled. Dan Hodges is the perfect expression of them. Nor are the Brownites very likely to stop hostilities either.

• Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

The content was thoughtful, not sure about careful. The delivery was insipid, which - I suppose - is a step up from rank! Ed belongs in a policy unit. That's his natural home. He does not belong at the head of a major political party. But if he does reform Labour's union links he will have done Labour, the unions and the country a great service, and will deserve to be fondly remembered by those of us on the centre-left, whatever happens in May 2015.

• Options
    fitalass said:

DavidL said:

Oh deep joy! and very very funny.
  • Options
    Might have been mentioned earlier:

AfD have hit 5% with INSA:

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/index.htm
  • Options

If I weren't updating my iPad to ios7, I'd be able to say with 100% confidence, but I'm going off memory that February was a high point for Labour, and being in the 40% range was the norm, so they're not that much down from where they've been in the past year.

That's my sense too. The story is much more of Tory advance than Labour decline. Hats off to Crosby. As I said during a thread earlier this week he's doing a good job.

• Options
    Its interesting that Tom Watson now has form for heading back to the backbenches when the game is up for a Labour Leader. I suspect that he used the cover of that fight with Unite over the Falkirk selection as his chance to leave the sinking ship that is Ed Miliband's Leadership.
    antifrank said:

• Options
    "Merkel's conservatives lash out at eurosceptics as polls narrow":

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/uk-germany-election-merkel-idUKBRE98H0P120130918?irpc=932
  • Options

That's my sense too. The story is much more of Tory advance than Labour decline. Hats off to Crosby. As I said during a thread earlier this week he's doing a good job.

Locally, yes. But since the start of the year, it's had two phases: both parties lose out to UKIP, then a Tory revival. So since the 2012 budget the story is mostly Labour fall.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The PollBludger blog in Australia is already getting ready for the next election in 2016:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/2013/09/15/seat-of-the-week-warringah/

"There are roughly as many seats in the House of Representatives as there are weeks until the next election. Time to get get cracking then on the 2016 election guide. Taking it from the top …"
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Another good call in the offing then, made IIRC 2 years ago...
    Tories to win the PV in 2015.
    Which was made prior to me revisiting the L&N model, which seems to confirm it.
    4.2% Tory lead forecast, on the latest data...

Rod you do seem to be good at the GE predictions.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Allison Pearson:

"Burkas cast a veil over us all – so ban them

Cultural values that oppress and diminish women have no place in our society "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10318018/Burkas-cast-a-veil-over-us-all-so-ban-them.html
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    edited September 2013
    Looks like Ashcroft's marginals poll has been forgotten very quickly then. I wouldn't be too interested in a single YouGov poll that has Labour and the Tories level pegging. The more significant point is that since the start of the year the gap has closed. But the gap is still there.

Peter Oborne on fine form. He may like being a contrarian but the argument is powerful particularly on Syria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/10318072/Ed-Miliband-is-proving-himself-to-be-a-brave-and-adroit-leader.html

• Options
    There have been 19 polls so far this month.

Averages:

Lab: 37.89%
    Con: 33.11%
    UKIP: 11.47%
    LD: 10.00%

Lab lead: 4.78%
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Just lying here feeling a bit depressed with a cold, then... YouGov. Equal? Heh.

Also iOS7 is quite funky.

That is all I have to say.

*takes Night Nurse* *avoids obvious obscene pun*

iOS7 is rather good
  • Options
    For some reason my iPad2 isn't coming up with an alert to download iOS7. Bit annoying.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,951
    CON 36, LAB 36 in tommorow's Yougov...
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    Pulpstar said:

No doubt that means that Lab are still consistently on 39-40% according to some on the left...

• Options

Pulpstar said:

No doubt that means that Lab are still consistently on 39-40% according to some on the left...

An occasional 36 would be consistent with them being on 39-40, although if you average the YouGov polling I don't think they're that high.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

An occasional 36 would be consistent with them being on 39-40, although if you average the YouGov polling I don't think they're that high.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Just lying here feeling a bit depressed with a cold, then... YouGov. Equal? Heh.

Also iOS7 is quite funky.

That is all I have to say.

*takes Night Nurse* *avoids obvious obscene pun*

iOS7 is rather good
    I love the way everything zips around the phone. Like it's alive. Oooh.
    The sounds on it are even more impressive.
  • Options

I can't work this out.

The Tories are back up to their GE score.

Yet UKIP are plus 9% on their GE score

And Lab are up 7% on their GE Score.

So these 2010 Lib Dems are splitting evenlyish between Lab and UKIP?

Or as it was suggested at S Shields, some working class Labour voters are going UKIP, while middle class Lib Dems are going to Labour
  • Options

I can't work this out.

Or as it was suggested at S Shields, some working class Labour voters are going UKIP, while middle class Lib Dems are going to Labour
    That's certainly a strong possibility IMO.
  • Options

I can't work this out.

No need for that conclusion TSE. As well as LD>Lab, Lab>UKIP (per Gareth) there could also be 2010 non voters>Lab, 2010 LDs>non votes.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    UKIP simply must be taking a fair number of votes from previously Labour voters. There's no other explanation. They're probably taking a few from the LDs as well, especially in the south-west and south coast retirement areas.
  • Options

Looks like Ashcroft's marginals poll has been forgotten very quickly then. I wouldn't be too interested in a single YouGov poll that has Labour and the Tories level pegging. The more significant point is that since the start of the year the gap has closed. But the gap is still there.

Peter Oborne on fine form. He may like being a contrarian but the argument is powerful particularly on Syria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/10318072/Ed-Miliband-is-proving-himself-to-be-a-brave-and-adroit-leader.html

The problem with that analysis is that Miliband may be brave but so were the cavalry at the Charge of the Light brigade.

He has upset the Blairites by backstabbing his brother
    He has upset the hard left by opposing then supporting the cuts
    He has upset the unions with his reforms
    He has upset the Murdoch press
    He has upset the Americans with his opposition to Syria
    He has upset the City with talk of banker bonus taxes etc

He has gained a few short term headlines but has made a very long list of enemies. Come the election we may well find this is a very bad move.
  • Options
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    @Sunil_Prasannan

Keeping my fingers crossed that one or both of your interviews comes up trumps.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

I can't work this out.

That's certainly a strong possibility IMO.
    I agree - very likely, IMO

• Options

@Sunil_Prasannan

Keeping my fingers crossed that one or both of your interviews comes up trumps.

Thanks old_labour!
This discussion has been closed.