Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting round up

2»

Comments

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,661
    Fraser Nelson: "David Aaronovitch: Syria vote shows Ed Miliband is a ‘vulture’ not a ‘leader"

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/09/david-aaronovitch-syria-vote-shows-ed-miliband-is-a-vulture-not-a-leader/
  • Options
    Andy Murray crumbling as easy as Hannibal at Zama.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,786
    AnneJGP said:

Omnium said:

... if prices quoted in thread headers here were available to the wider market rather than just if you have a losing history.

That offers a very promising line of anti-discriminatory protest & legislation .....
    You weren't aware of this?

British bookmaking firms have a long-standing policy of closing down anyone that wins.

I think that is a widely established fact. I certainly have experienced what would seem to be that policy in action. I don't to be honest feel that its entirely wrong, but I do feel that if they actually advertise a price then that market should be generally available.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,001
    edited September 2013
    The LibDems don't get Short money now, do they?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,756
    tim said:

tim said:

In PB Tory land Short money is known as Surge Money.
    The Tories got over four million in the year before the last election and spent it all on airbrushing huge images of David Camerons face and posting them up on ring roads all around the country

And now he's Prime Minister. Normally I think posters are a waste of money but in this instance it appears to have worked.
    The Tory lead dropped from 17% to 7% as the huge plastic versions of Daves head went up around the country.
    The more Osborne spent the lower the Tory lead went.
    Sadly Brown did not recognise this, had he done he would've given Osborne £4 million more to spend and we'd have a Lib/Lab coalition now instead of a Porpoise PM being forced to devour Hollandes cast off bones in the G20.

"Stay firm Barack" said the hairless red incompetent porpoise from the sidelines
    Yeah tim but he' still PM.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949

The LibDems don't get Short money now, do they?

No, not since the coalition.
  • Options

@TSE

Thanks, that makes sense given my constituency (St Albans).

I wonder whether Professor Davy has been polled as he also lives in St Albans, but I have not seen him on here recently.

Probably he's keeping quiet as a Labour supporter.

Did you get any push polling questions (after the VI)

Such as "Do you think Ed Miliband is weak?" or "Are you surprised Ed Miliband stabbed the Syrian in the back over the commons vote, considering he stabbed his brother in the back?"
    How has he stabbed the Syrians in the back? Military intervention will likely cause more death and destruction.
  • Options
    tim said:

"Stay firm Barack" said the hairless red incompetent porpoise from the sidelines

and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

• Options

@TSE

Thanks, that makes sense given my constituency (St Albans).

I wonder whether Professor Davy has been polled as he also lives in St Albans, but I have not seen him on here recently.

Probably he's keeping quiet as a Labour supporter.

Did you get any push polling questions (after the VI)

Such as "Do you think Ed Miliband is weak?" or "Are you surprised Ed Miliband stabbed the Syrian in the back over the commons vote, considering he stabbed his brother in the back?"
    How has he stabbed the Syrians in the back? Military intervention will likely cause more death and destruction.
    Push polling doesn't have to be accurate.

Remember in politics, sometimes perceptions matter more than facts.
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

The Tories got over four million in the year before the last election and spent it all on airbrushing huge images of David Camerons face and posting them up on ring roads all around the country

And now he's Prime Minister. Normally I think posters are a waste of money but in this instance it appears to have worked.
    The Tory lead dropped from 17% to 7% as the huge plastic versions of Daves head went up around the country.
    Sadly Brown did not recognise this, had he done he would've given Osborne £4 million more to spend and we'd have a Lib/Lab coalition now instead of a Porpoise PM being forced to devour Hollandes cast off bones in the G20.

Yeah tim but he' still PM.
    In office but not in power
    And yet what he does annoys you so much, which it shouldn't by your measure since it means nothing. It's not even as if you should get annoyed about lost time since Miliband has no ideas of his own and is simply following Cameron.
  • Options
    tim said:

Stay firm Barack" said the hairless red incompetent porpoise from the sidelines

Don't mix your memes. Porpoises aren't red.

• Options

Andy Murray crumbling as easy as Hannibal at Zama.

Two sets down? Noooooo!
  • Options
    tim said:

In office but not in power
    A fluffer not an actor

So who's in power?
    And you prefer your PMs to be actors?

Nice lines, but their meaning and your credibility isn't bolstered by the quotation.
  • Options
    RedRag1RedRag1 Posts: 527
    edited September 2013
    10 Local By-elections tonight.....and no by-election thread....only on PB!
  • Options
    RedRag1 said:

10 Local Bye-elections tonight.....and no bye-election thread....only on PB!

I take issue with your spelling of by-election!
  • Options
    RedRag1 said:

Demand a refund.
  • Options
    RedRag1 said:

It is going up in a few mins, we're waiting for clarification on one thing.

• Options
    Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Rag, that's an innovative way of thanking Mr. Hayfield for writing weekly pieces about local elections. Perhaps he's ill, or busy, or forgot.

As Mr. Brooke suggested, you should demand a refund.
  • Options

RedRag1 said:

It is going up in a few mins, we're waiting for clarification on one thing.

I thank you :-)
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options

Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Rag, that's an innovative way of thanking Mr. Hayfield for writing weekly pieces about local elections. Perhaps he's ill, or busy, or forgot.

As Mr. Brooke suggested, you should demand a refund.

No need TSE to the rescue!!
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    edited September 2013
    @Tim

'airbrushing huge images of David Camerons face and posting them up on ring roads all around the country'

No chance of that with Ed,wouldn't get past health & safety.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Omnium said:

AnneJGP said:

Omnium said:

... if prices quoted in thread headers here were available to the wider market rather than just if you have a losing history.

That offers a very promising line of anti-discriminatory protest & legislation .....
    You weren't aware of this?

British bookmaking firms have a long-standing policy of closing down anyone that wins.

I think that is a widely established fact. I certainly have experienced what would seem to be that policy in action. I don't to be honest feel that its entirely wrong, but I do feel that if they actually advertise a price then that market should be generally available.
    Yes, I was aware of it (I learned it from reading PB). It was a tongue-in-cheek remark about the risk taken by bookmakers compared to that taken by insurers. I gather they have been forced to offer insurance to high-risk groups at the same price as low-risk groups. But not only do I not bet, I don't have a car either.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    It was quite a dramatic drop in poll lead. An interesting precedent for the next election.

Am I right in calculating that the last election that led to a single term parliament was 1970?

It does seem to me that the British electorate likes to re elect the buggers if they win power!
    tim said:

tim said:

• Options
    'Just to annoy all the PBtories: After their first meeting, POTUS was overheard giving his description of DC as being "light", now the first syllable being used is "sh".
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    It's infighting at the top echelons of the BBC.

Patten may have smoothed his last job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23981469

This discussion has been closed.