Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » How the overall majority odds moved on a dramatic night of pol

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited June 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » How the overall majority odds moved on a dramatic night of political betting

Above the is the chart from Betdata.io of the final 12 hours of betting on an overall majority.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NorthCadbollNorthCadboll Posts: 329
    Evening all, just a quick posting as feeling knackered due to lack of sleep and going to neighbours for supper this evening.

Reflections on yesterday.

Like many others I thought the PM would get a healthy majority of around 100.

Fair play to Jerermy Corbyn. He played a "blinder" and deserves the praise he is receiving today for his political skills. I still believe he is an apologist for terrorists but he will remain LOTO until either events or the next election intervene.

I can now admit I thought the Tory campaign was appalling and the whole "Dementia Tax" debacle should see heads roll.

I was overjoyed with the SCons results. I had told people I expected Angus Robertson and Alex Salmond to fall victim to the Tory surge. Indeed I told Fitalass only the other evening that if we had a good evening we would take all the NE seats except Aberdeen North and so it proved to be. I had also expected Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock to fall but was surprised Pete Wishart held on in Perth and Myles Briggs failed to topple Joanna Cherry in Edin SW.

As for my home seat, along with virtually everyone I know, had not sensed any indication Jamie Stone would take the seat for the LibDems. He will be a much better MP than the odious Paul Monaghan. Frankly Nigel Farage would be better than Dr Paul Monaghan. So hat tip to Robert Smithson who was convinced C,S & ER would be a LibDem gain. My SNP friends are shell shocked that Monaghan lost and of course Alex Salmond being removed.

Theresa May has gambled and lost in a UK sense. However she may have just saved the UK because other than SNP diehards, no-one now thinks we will have an IndyRef2 for many years. The risk is of course another General Election in short order accompanied by an SNP recovery.

To the young voters and those taken in by JC's shaking of the magic money tree, I hope you realise quickly how much he was trying to con you.
This discussion has been closed.