Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The national press will be much less influential at GE2015

13»

Comments

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,803
    Mick_Pork said:

Now you're just being silly, we've covered the indyref questions numerous times on PB, if you're miffed some nat voters won't vote yes, take it up with them.

You can't claim I'm being silly while trying to misrepresent support for DevoPlus as something it's not. There's actual real figures on the Ipsos Mori which shows the correct amount of SNP voters who will vote No on the referendum question, but you simply overreached and tried to spin your own poll which is on a hypothetical that won't apply.

It would be like only relying on polling on how many people would vote tory if Boris was leader. It's just not on the cards and he isn't even an MP so it has no bearing on the general election result. Unless he somehow gets in and is made tory leader before 2015. None of which looks remotely likely right now.

No Mick I simply pointed out that while you say there are Lab voters who will vote yes, there are also SNP voters who will vote no. Nats like to claim they are an indivisible block, but the truth as ever is more complex. If 23% of Sinn Fein voters when surveyed said they'd vote to stay in the UK, why should the SNP be different ?
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    @tim

Your display of feeling for a millionaire Tory donor today does you great credit. And people accuse you of being partisan!
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,346
    The humane, utterly non-partisan support for Peter Cruddas on here today tugs at my heart strings, it really does. When the story first broke, I dreamt that hundreds of scathing 'Come Dine with Dave' comments were posted about the matter, seemingly aimed at discrediting the Tories. What made me imagine something so improbable and so bizarre?
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    edited July 2013
    Re the Lawrences.

Geez guys, their son got chased down a London street, and ran, absolutely terrified for his life, got caught and then got repeatedly stabbed and left for dead, and then died, all at the hands of a bunch of horrible, racist bullies, who bragged about it, showed zero remorse for it and due to the incompetence and bigotry of the police handling it, got away with it, wearing arrogant grins and waving middle fingers as they strutted free out of caught.

If I was Stephen Lawrence's mother I wouldn't have ever gotten over it either.

It was dreadful. And I hope those smarmy evil bastards serving time for it get bullied for the rest of their lives by the Yardies in prison.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

If 23% of Sinn Fein voters when surveyed said they'd vote to stay in the UK

But they'd only vote to stay in the UK once in any given referendum showing that their hearts arent really in it.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,765
    New thread.
  • Options
    Neil said:

If 23% of Sinn Fein voters when surveyed said they'd vote to stay in the UK

But they'd only vote to stay in the UK once in any given referendum showing that their hearts arent really in it.
    Ah happy days Neil.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited July 2013

Mick_Pork said:

Now you're just being silly, we've covered the indyref questions numerous times on PB, if you're miffed some nat voters won't vote yes, take it up with them.

You can't claim I'm being silly while trying to misrepresent support for DevoPlus as something it's not. There's actual real figures on the Ipsos Mori which shows the correct amount of SNP voters who will vote No on the referendum question, but you simply overreached and tried to spin your own poll which is on a hypothetical that won't apply.

It would be like only relying on polling on how many people would vote tory if Boris was leader. It's just not on the cards and he isn't even an MP so it has no bearing on the general election result. Unless he somehow gets in and is made tory leader before 2015. None of which looks remotely likely right now.

No Mick I simply pointed out that while you say there are Lab voters who will vote yes, there are also SNP voters who will vote no.
    Which the Ipsos Mori poll does on the precise same page where the support of all the other parties are shown. Correctly. On the issue which is on the ballot not a hypothetical that simply does not apply.

Nats like to claim they are an indivisible block, but the truth as ever is more complex.

Bollocks. That's twice now I've pointed out where relevant figures are that show that there are SNP voters who oppose independence just as there are lib dems and even some tories who support independence.

It's only the idiots who were trying to imply that there was virtually no labour support for independence when that simply isn't that case.

• Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

SNP activists caught being a bit dodgy:

http://bettertogether.net/blog/entry/250

It seems that the SNP has been infiltrated by Labour supporters intent on sabotage. I believe there is a frequent " Nationalist " poster on PB who belongs to this cell.

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited July 2013
    Are PB 'rs actually breaking some obscure Mental Health law/act by conversing with and encouraging tim..
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

No Mick I simply pointed out that while you say there are Lab voters who will vote yes, there are also SNP voters who will vote no.
    Which the Ipsos Mori poll does on the precise same page where the support of all the other parties are shown. Correctly. On the issue which is on the ballot not a hypothetical that simply does not apply.

Nats like to claim they are an indivisible block, but the truth as ever is more complex.

Bollocks. That's twice now I've pointed out where relevant figures are that show that there are SNP voters who oppose independence just as there are lib dems and even some tories who support independence.

It's only the idiots who were trying to imply that there was virtually no labour support for independence when that simply isn't that case.

Well then it looks like we violently agree on the issue. Some labourites will vote Yes and some SNPers will vote No.

• Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,346
    SeanT said:

Ludicrous Local Anecdote Alert:

My local high street (Parkway, Camden) has had about 10-15% of its shopfronts unoccupied since the beginning of the Great Recession.

Today, for the first time since I moved here, every single shopfront is either active, or being obviously revamped, or has a brand new LET sign in front of it.

The recession is obviously over in London, and has probably been over for some time.

Very interesting and certainly tallies with my own experience of the wealthier parts of Berkshire. I think Osborne will be pleased at the way the key political weapons are being handed out at present: he has a blossoming recovery after the greatest recession in living memory; Labour's got his father-in-law.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    @AndreaParma_82

Thanks for all the useful info, Andrea.

All regions annnounced. I think.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/parliament/2013/07/selection-results-published-for-european-election-regional-lists.html

We can live without knowing who got 6th place in desolate Yorkshire.

The seats won by Conservatives in 2009 were
    3 in London
    4 in SE
    3 in SW
    3 in East
    2 in EM
    3 in WM (after Lisbon)
    2 in Yorkshire
    3 in NW
    1 in NE
    1 in Scotland

I take a break now! :-)