Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Surely Douglas Carswell can’t remain in UKIP for much longer,

13»

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,195
    And he's been hacked again. Very funny!
  • Options
    "Under Siege" on Spike Channel (freeview 31) - the best Steven Seagal film ever made :)
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

And he's been hacked again. Very funny!

I sympathise with Samir Nasri

@johncrossmirror: Samir Nasri. Oh my. Really shouldn't leave phone lying around with angry girlfriend...‬
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,520

"Chicago is different to the rest of the US. Watching the news in a couple of east coast cities in the week before Christmas, yes there was crime but nothing like this. One of those was a city often described as gritty. I liked it and felt perfectly safe there."

If you didn't stray into the the war zones, then in pretty much any US city you would wonder what people were talking about. Only the occasional fool goes touristing in the fun bits of LA...

I lived in Atlanta, Georgia in the mid 70's. At that time it had about 1.5 million people, about the same as Northern Ireland at the time. Atlanta had the higher murder rate, yet where we lived people would leave their houses unlocked. There is nothing new about division in American society.
    Yup - one of the reasons that many Americans could care less. As they see it, all you have to do is not be a f&*kwit drug dealer. Then your life expectancy goes up radically.....

• Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    edited December 2016
    MikeK said:
    A cursory Google search shows this is bollocks. Why post such nonsense?

http://www.snopes.com/cnn-same-refugee-girl/
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

"Chicago is different to the rest of the US. Watching the news in a couple of east coast cities in the week before Christmas, yes there was crime but nothing like this. One of those was a city often described as gritty. I liked it and felt perfectly safe there."

If you didn't stray into the the war zones, then in pretty much any US city you would wonder what people were talking about. Only the occasional fool goes touristing in the fun bits of LA...

I lived in Atlanta, Georgia in the mid 70's. At that time it had about 1.5 million people, about the same as Northern Ireland at the time. Atlanta had the higher murder rate, yet where we lived people would leave their houses unlocked. There is nothing new about division in American society.
    Yup - one of the reasons that many Americans could care less. As they see it, all you have to do is not be a f&*kwit drug dealer. Then your life expectancy goes up radically.....

Just every now and then a civilian is in the wrong place and time.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

MikeK said:

Why not? Truth no longer matters.
  • Options

Just every now and then a civilian is in the wrong place and time.
    More than every now and then, sadly.
  • Options
    matt said:

Thin news. Could, maybe, perhaps. The causal chain is long in that one.

As an aside, how does the Independent relate to paper or, more interesting perhaps, to subscribers?
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think we are going to be treated to another variant of Labour-does-regicide-badly. This time staring Unions? The main feature of which will be Corbyn simply refusing to go.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,902
    Curious to see Carswell taking such a strong stand on sat nav.

Good for him.
  • Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    edited December 2016
    Posting a snopes political article nowadays is ridiculous - they have completely lost any political credibility with their recent biased tripe. The simple fact is that the Syria situation via the ludicrous mercenary islamist front group the 'white helmets' has produced a ton of propaganda bilge, and snopes seem determined for whatever reason to try and support that.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    MikeK said:
    You are the faker. You are the one who cannot be trusted.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    The guy in the background in the pic looks like he's dropping his pants to have a dump.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    @Surbiton - CNN has a long history of liberal bias and hiring liberal commentators. That's one reason their credibility and ratings are so bad. Two examples - Donna Brazile and Van Jones.
  • Options

MikeK said:

I remember when the useful idiots who swallowed every line of Soviet propaganda were generally of the left. How strange that the current crop of starry-eyed apologists for Putin's Russia are largely of the right.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

MikeK said:

I remember when the useful idiots who swallowed every line of Soviet propaganda were generally of the left. How strange that the current crop of starry-eyed apologists for Putin's Russia are largely of the right.
    If the narrative fits your world view, you go along with it. If Obama was doing what Trump is they would be screaming"APPEASEMENT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Princess Leia, RIP. – FFS, can the grim reaper really squeeze in anymore before 2017.

Don't tempt the bugger...
    Well, we had Liz Smith yesterday and Roger Adams today.....but as they were both in their mid-nineties....
  • Options
    MikeK said:
    Cynical propagandist or thick as pigshit. Which one are you, MikeK?
This discussion has been closed.