Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Last night’s by election results.

2»

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited September 2016
    AndyJS said:

Edmund vanquishes Isner at Flushing Meadows.

Crickey, he is on some run. Djokovic next. Book flight time...
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    OK My wife has the answer. Give Obama another year and start the primary process over again from scratch. Current nominees need not apply.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited September 2016
    MTimT said:

OK My wife has the answer. Give Obama another year and start the primary process over again from scratch. Current nominees need not apply.

Not sure Barry will be too happy with that...I am sure he has lots of rounds of golf already booked. Oh wait, that isn't actually any different than now.
  • Options

MTimT said:

Not sure Barry will be too happy with that...I am sure he has lots of rounds of golf already booked. Oh wait, that isn't actually any different than now.
    The Presidency will be taking up office in Maui

http://www.golfatkapalua.com/book-kapalua-tee-times/?gclid=CNChkOOE8s4CFYkehgoduxMM-g
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    It's at times like this that I think more and more that it would have been better for Hillary to beat Obama for the nomination in 2008. If all this stuff was being revealed at the back-end of a Hillary Presidency then it would be a mere historical curiosity rather than a major concern. Obama (or someone similar) would be slick enough and clever enough to distance himself from the legacy of 2009-2017 and beat Trump by miles.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    JohnLoony said:

It's at times like this that I think more and more that it would have been better for Hillary to beat Obama for the nomination in 2008. If all this stuff was being revealed at the back-end of a Hillary Presidency then it would be a mere historical curiosity rather than a major concern. Obama (or someone similar) would be slick enough and clever enough to distance himself from the legacy of 2009-2017 and beat Trump by miles.

She wouldn't have had the chance had she been President!
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    MTimT said:

Alistair said:

ttps://twitter.com/lachlan/status/771759512101457920

Of which 2 were destroyed and 11 not found.

Erased file, smashed/lost devices – looks like a systemic cover up by Hilary and her team.
    Old phones of executive level government peeps should always destoyed. The issue here was they were destroyed at the wrong time.
    With a hammer?
    Perhaps Clinton just loved her 1990s rap. With each dead device, she would yell "It's Hammer time!"
    She's a phoney ;)
  • Options
    JohnLoony said:

Obama is a pretty major liar too - the Washington Post awarded him Liar of the Year.
  • Options
    The EU just gets more and more ridiculous: they order Apple to pay $14.5 billion in back taxes to Ireland. Apple appeals, and Ireland joins the appeal against the EU ruling.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

The EU just gets more and more ridiculous: they order Apple to pay $14.5 billion in back taxes to Ireland. Apple appeals, and Ireland joins the appeal against the EU ruling.

What do you think should be happening in this situation? I mean, normally if a country breaks the rules they get fined, but the outcome of that is that the politically favoured company gets their state aid at the cost of the taxpayers of that country, which is what these rules are supposed to be preventing in the first place.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

What do you think should be happening in this situation? I mean, normally if a country breaks the rules they get fined, but the outcome of that is that the politically favoured company gets their state aid at the cost of the taxpayers of that country, which is what these rules are supposed to be preventing in the first place.
    I think the previous EU Commissioner got the criticism of the ruling right - the emphasis should be on fixing the problem for the future, not imposing retrospective taxation.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Tim_B said:

I think the previous EU Commissioner got the criticism of the ruling right - the emphasis should be on fixing the problem for the future, not imposing retrospective taxation.
    If you set that precedent you're going to have to do the actual enforcement *some* time.
  • Options
    Interesting contrast between what Scots Tories think are the top one or two things the Scottish government should focus on, and what SNP voters think.....

SNP Voters - diff vs Con voters:

Which one or two of the following do you think should be the main priorities for the Scottish Government at this time? Please tick up to two.

Healthcare: -15
    Economic Development: -24
    Relationship with EU: +29
    Education: -20
    Independence: +19

'Education' ranks fifth among SNP voters, after 'Independence'......

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/eva2tvwhn2/TimesScotland_160831_Results_website.pdf
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    edited September 2016
    (moved)

Nuovo thread

This discussion has been closed.